• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Day 2

Thanks for the welcome ladies.

Day 3 today. Also my first day at work since I began taking the pills. I have made changes to my eating habits which don't seem too difficult to maintain.

My mood is a bit snappy tonight but it may not be a side effect. I am having some conflict within my extended family. I am refusing to allow myself to use food as comfort.

I have also decided that I won't play with numbers. I will weigh myself monthly only. I also refuse to count calouries. I know what food is healthy and how much I should have.

I don't need more weight loss data and education. I need motivation and determination.

Good luck leftleg!! I wouldn't be able to manage only checking every month haha but I have a little bit of OCD :p I hope everything goes well!

Melaniee said:
Ladies day 6 and going well tomorrow is weigh in day so will let you know my progress :)

I look forward to hearing about your loss Melaniee!

All the best Melaniee, i am only on day 3 & all is going well so far!

Day 6 I had a major headache and joint pain last night and went to bed early. Woke up this morning with no pain but a very dry mouth. Guess I need to drink more water.

I have managed to go for 20 minute walks at lunch. I am only eating meat once a day now. All other meals are fruit, vegetables, or cereal.

I would love a beer or bourbon & coke. But I'm sticking to coke zero. My clothes don't feel so tight but it could be my imagination at this early stage.

leftleg said:
I would love a beer or bourbon & coke. But I'm sticking to coke zero. My clothes don't feel so tight but it could be my imagination at this early stage.
Could be this, or could be the water that comes off your body within the first days of your weight loss therapy. It also shows up in the scales numbers. But you promissed to weigh yourself once a month, right?;)

Kate, I don't have scales so monthly weigh ins will be during doctor visits. Though I am tempted to take some measurements.

Btw what happens if I drink alcohol while taking duromine? I am having an extremely stressful time with some personal stuff. I don't want to binge on food.

I am on day 3 too…it will be good to see how we get on. Good luck…i wish i had the energy thing happening…feel quite the reverse !

Hi, leftleg.
Your question about alcohol & Duromine is not new. I used to explain it to one of our users. So not to repeat myself, here is the reply:
"...I agree that a glass of good wine helps sometimes to relax after a long and stressful day. However I should warn you (since I myself had an experience with Duromine) that alcohol may worsen the side effect. Of course a small amount of it will not be fatal when combined with the pills, yet may intensify dizziness, nausea, palpitation, etc. You see both Duromine and alcohol are stimulants, they act in the central nervous system. When you use them together, side effect may become worse. For instance: nervousness, dry mouth, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, etc. Or if you haven't experienced any side effects yet, they can occur if you drink alcohol and take Duromine pill.
So, my opinion - better avoid this combination.
Better safe than sorry, right?"

If you have more questions or you have some free time, you may read THIS page;)
Take care, leftleg!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sallie alexander
Thanks for the reply Kate. I have decided that I will keep alcohol for celebration rather than stress relief.
Today is day 16 for me. I have only had one day of side effects thanks to reading the tips about drinking water.

We were looking after our grandkids last night. My wife automatically scraped their leftovers onto my plate. Stupidly, I finished them. I felt ill afterwards, like I had massively over eaten. My wife tells me that she can notice a difference in my appearance. I have not told her or anyone else that I am taking duromine because I don't want lectures from people about diet pills.

I feel really good about my efforts so far but I am wondering how much of it is the drug and how much is me. I have always said that if I could turn off my appetite I wouldn't need to eat. I am now eating much less than I used to and do not crave food. I am able to say no to treats when they are offered to me. I have introduced more vegetables and fruits into my diet. I guess my concern is that I might go back to old habits when I stop the medication.

Hey leftleg The whole point of taking duromine is to train your body into healthy eating without hunger and craving get in the way. Your body takes a minimum of 28 days for something to become "habbit". So all you have to do is to keep eating healthy and when you do come off the pills your body will be used to that way of eating and with a little bit of concentration you should be able to keep up the progress on your own. :)

These pills aren't a miracle drug but they are motivation. They help you to become the best you can be and as long as you do the hard work they will work for you.

Thanks Tash. I'm now in my 4th week. I will weigh myself this weekend. I am already fitting into clothes that I wore several years ago.

I really appreciate not craving junk food. These days I snack on fruit. My initial energy burst has gone. But it does seem easier to mow the lawn now.

I'm looking for some ideas for weight loss rewards. Most suggestions seem to be aimed at women. I really don't want new clothes yet. But I have no desire for jewellry or a manicure. Any ideas folks?

Despite the disapproval from my partner, friends and family, I have begun my weight loss journey with duromine. I am 24 year old, 177cm and weigh 84.7kgs. I have struggled with my weight my entire life and have always dreamed to be able to wear anything and feel good, and go to the beach and actually swim. As an Australian girl, I love fashion and the ocean, so being overweight, I feel like I am limiting my quality of life. Enough is enough.When I was 21, I was 105kgs and through diet and exercise I managed to get to where I am now, but I am really struggling to lose the last 15+kgs that I need to lose. Hence the duromine. My goal weight is 68kgs and I hope that the duromine gives me the self control I need, and lack so badly.

Day 1: Appetite- 0, dry mouth, feeling pretty wired and playing with my hair/biting my nails a fair bit, actually had energy to go to the gym and do a workout after work. A little trouble sleeping and woke up a few times but nothing too concerning.

Day 2 (today)- About the same as yesterday and feeling positive about my weightloss. I have lost 400 grams since yesterday.

Will keep you updated on my progress. I would also appreciate any tips or advice from duromine users on optimising my weightloss

Thank you

Daniela

Last edited:
Reactions: Sallie alexander
Hello, Daniela! (what a beautiful name you have!)
"Enough is enough.When I was 21, I was 105kgs and through diet and exercise I managed to get to where I am now, but I am really struggling to lose the last 15+kgs that I need to lose. Hence the duromine. My goal weight is 68kgs and I hope that the duromine gives me the self control I need, and lack so badly."
Wow! You did a big step forward since your 21!
I agree that Duromine gives a self control that most people with extra weight need. But. Don't you forget that you will have to stop taking the pills one day. Therefore, you must be ready to continue without the pills the same you did with them, you see? Sometimes it's not easy even though you were on them for three months or so. People complain they gained their weight back and even more after they finished Duromine. The reason is just one: they start eating everything they want again and forget about physical activity.
I keep saying: once you decided to become slim, you should stick to your regime once and for all. Of course you may have some breaks and let yourself be happy eating cake, sweets and BBQs. But this shouldn't be a regular habit. This is the only way you can keep your achieved weight stable.

ps. Hope I didn't scare you off with my boring lecture bla bla bla...:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I just want you to give a good start, because you have just 15 kg to go and it is not so much. You can easily do it if you follow proper instructions. Okay, it's time to finish, so I wish you a good luck in this journey and no side effects!

xoxo
Kate

Reactions: Kayla_Chapman
Hi Kate

I totally agree. I plan to take duromine for 2 or 3 months and use it as a tool for changing my eating habits and lifestyle. I think that once I have actually lost the weight and feel proud and confident in my body, I won't want to binge eat and ruin my hard work. When I stop taking it, I will just have to make sure I weigh myself every month to make sure that I am not gaining weight, and if I am, think about what I can change.

Anyone who has lost 15-20kgs (or more) can you tell me a rough eating/exercise plan that you used along side the duromine?

Daniela x

Reactions: Kate
So it's my second day on Metermine and I'm not feeling too great. I've had a headache and have been feeling nauseous for the past five hours or so, has anyone else had this experience? If so does it subside or will it continue on throughout the duration of my time on metermine?

I'm on my fourth day of Metermine and so far I've lost 2kg, I'm quiet happy with myself, I know it's not a lot but it's a start.

Reactions: leelee
It's actually not that little for four days.
The best loss is gradual loss.
You're doing great!

Reactions: leelee
Hi DJ, im on day 5 & lost 1.7kg so im happy with that considering NO exercise done ;) plan to start that tonight after work. Really no side affects other than first few days feeling a little sick & breaking out in a sweat but that has all stopped. Last night felt a little anxious but i just kept busy. How are you doing ? is 1.7kg ok ??? have a great day :)