• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Day 2

tharbie said:
Hi..
Finally got a nerve to get on the scale...I couldn't believe my eyes,lost 10 kg in just 15days....is this normal!!!im now 75 kg
Wow Tharbie that is great hey :) what i would do to lose that much in such a short period :) but i guess we adapt differently to diet, Well done girl

Muks said:
Hey MissThang. Ive also started on D today. Also want to start doing mini marathons in and around PTA from Jan. Let me know if ur interested. i cd do with a running buddy.
Hi Muks, yes i am interested in doing that, just let me know when, and how and i will definitely join you

Hey kate...
It's the eating part I'm nervous about as my appetite is at zero but I do eat fruit in the morning and late,during the day I just drink water a lot...
Kate said:
Wow, tharbie! Great result! I think it depends. But some people do have such results, how do you feel? OK? Any side effects?
If no, then you must be so happy, I imagine :laughing:
I hope you didn't forget to stick to the right eating habits, so that when you off the pills your weight won't come back. you should learn your body to eat this way, so it is easy for you to keep the same weight for long.
Good luck, we are very happy for you!

I see... This is the desired part, yet the most annoying one because our body still needs proteins and carbs. Please note that. You have to force yourself to eat some piece of white meat, eggs, beans maybe... See what happens if you go on like this - you will lose a lot of weight (that's the good part), but you'll have to stop taking the pills eventually... and then what? Your appetite comes back and you'll eat like you used to (and that's the bad part). Trust me your body will figure out that quickly and will store huge amounts of calories "just in case" as fat. That's what may happen(((

If you want to keep your results for long, you should reduce your calorie intake, not stop eating. That is a common mistake. And then people come back here complaining they have to start all over again. That is a lifestyle, not a temporary helper. Personally, I had to quit all sugar and I don't eat anything sweet at all. Not ever again. But I eat small meals 4 and even 5 times a day. Sometimes I am not hungry, but it is just a habit, like work. I made a schedule of meals and I eat them no matter what. And I feel excellent! Seven years ago I started my diet. I am still keeping my healthy diet and training I am trying to engage my son into this lifestyle too. But... Ah well my hubby supports me though :cool:

Sorry for this long message, but I want you to see things clearly and help you somehow...
Just try to force yourself eat at least 3 times a day. Let it be tiny size of chicken breast with cherry tomato, or avocado, etc. Let it be. It is still a decent meal for your body. And you can make some tasty sauce (there are hundreds of low calorie recipes!), like yogurt+garlic+parsley...olive oil+balsamic+garlic+herbs, etc... Just no mayo and ketchup - that's a rule!))) You'll see your diet will become easy and healthy and you still can enjoy food.

Wishing you the best! Have a nice weekend! ;)

Hi all,
Been reading here for a while.

41 years
mother of 5
97kg
165cm

need to lose a lot.
Duromine 30mg is a start.

took my first tablet Saturday morning at 6am.
I didn't really notice too much change.
I think in the first hour I was aware of a dry mouth and a little bit of a strange taste.
No headache.
Sleeping I'm not sure about if it really changed. I don't sleep a lot normally and last night I was not in my own bed so who knows really.

I wasn't even sure if it suppressed my appetite, but looking back I think it did. I ate less. Still felt hungry but did eat less. It wasn't a good day food wise though as it was my daughters birthday and junk food abounded. But life happens. i will work on that for the future.

Second tablet this morning.
A little bit of a dry mouth, more energy, I actually had energy to exercise, I went for a walk and then later did a 30minute work out.

Appetite is suppressed but still do feel a little hunger.

This morning I started properly. I am using high protein shakes initially as I had them in the cupboard. I plan to move to a high protein low carb diet. So protein and lots of salad vegetables.
This was advised by my doctor and my pharmacist.
I don't eat or drink a lot junk normally, I just eat a lot.

So let's see how we go.

Good luck Shanitlly

You will have a great success I am sure! ;)

Last edited:
Well this is my third day on 30mg. I am not having any side effects but I'm also still feeling hunger pains. I haven't had headaches or sleeplessness, nor have I had heaps of energy.

I will persist for the month as I have spent the money, but I think I may have to go up to 40mg. Will need to chat to the doctor and see how the weight loss goes.
I am exercising and trying to eat moderately but the pangs...

My stats:

Height: 157cm
Weight: 75kg
BMI: 30

So two days ago I went to the doctor, told him how I've piled on 15kg in 12 months and I need help. I'll be honest, and tell you all what I believe my weight gain is due to.

1) a bad break up that made depression rear it's ugly head

2) bullying at my regular gym causing me to stop going

3) losing my job

These three things may seem like a dumb reason to stop exercising and start eating poorly, but I'm sure all of us have turned to food as an emotional crutch at some point. My difficulty has been stopping this.

Now, while I have changed gyms, my weight gain has had a huge toll on my self esteem and I barely feel able to go without panic setting in. I know that this stems from my negative experience at my previous gym, where I was actually incredibly fit. My thought process has been "if I was teased when I was fit, imagine how bad it will be when I'm overweight".

I KNOW that it was just a bad group of people, and gyms are generally supportive places, but I hope you all can see my train of thought and reasoning.

I went to a doctor and basically said "I'm eating better (true) but I'm having trouble regulating meals and eat out of boredom a lot. I've been doing better at curbing this, but my weight is still slowly rising and I feel unattractive and embarrassed about how I look." The dr was nice and told me that "some men prefer larger women to have something to hold onto but I can see why it's making you sad, if you yourself are uncomfortable"

He took my stats and immediately gave me a one month script for Duromine 40mg. I was surprised that he gave me the big dose straight up, but my BMI does put me in the "obese" range. Can I just say how shocked I was at that? I knew I was overweight but I honestly didn't realise by how much.

Anyway, I set an alarm and got up at 6am to take it. I woke up again naturally at 8:30 and it was cold and rainy, all I wanted to do was snuggle under my covers! But I was wide awake and in a great mood. I feel wonderful and as I was making my coffee I was thinking about all the cleaning I had to do and was pumped! I did about 6 hours of cleaning in under 2 hours. Heaps of energy and a generally great mood. Had to pee about 800000 times and drank so much water, also used Biotene mouth spray to help with the dry mouth.

The only bad thing is, I didn't get more than 3 hours sleep. I took another Duromine this morning at 6:30 which probably means I'm going to suffer badly from lack of sleep again tonight... I hope not! It's weird feeling so awake when I know I'm actually very tired.

I know this is an "early" update but I wanted to get the ball rolling. I'll post daily because I couldn't find too many recent duromine experiences and hope that my adventure can help someone.

Any questions or comments are welcome, I'd love to talk to others in my position.

Also - coffee is ok on duromine, right? Because it tastes extra delicious. Haha xx

27 March 2015

Day three: yesterday was weird. A few hours after I took my tablet, my pupils were massive. I looked like I was on drugs. I didn't feel great yesterday at all, muscles aching and headache that I'm sure was due to light sensitivity. Yesterday the most substantial thing I ate was scrambled eggs on toast. Fell asleep at about 3am but was prepared for that as I had taken my tablet At 6:30am.

Today, I feel like death. It's only 9:30am but so far:

- muscle cramps/aches,especially in my neck
- teeth painful from grinding in my sleep (never happened before Duromine)
-severe nausea
- huge pupils / headache from light sensitivity

I essentially feel as if I'm pregnant. You know the first few weeks and your body just feels plain weird? It's very similar to that. I think I feel nauseous from not eating anywhere near As much, kinda hunger pains I guess.

I'm concerned that the 40 is too high of a dose. I'm not going to take any tomorrow and see if I can swap a sheet of my 40mg for a friends 30mg.

I have heRd the 3rd day is the worst so hopefully this passes.

31 March 2014

Sorry for the lack of posts. Today has been a week since I started so I did my first weigh in. I skipped my 4th day and today as I wasn't feeling well the 4th and woke up too late today.

I started at 75kg and as of today I'm 71. This obviously is great, and I was feeling better about myself already, as I feel my face and neck area have slimmed considerably. Unfortunately, my neighbour decided to ask me today why I've gotten so big the last year. English isn't her first language, but the conversation went as follows:

Her: "you have put on weight yes?"

Me: "pardon? What?"

Her: "you used to be so thin and pretty, and now have you been eating a lot? You have the extra chins and flappy arms now"

I just stared at her with nothing to say I was so shocked..then she's like "I need to lose weight too but I just had a baby. Your tummy looks saggy"

So I feel like a deflated bag of lard at the moment.. I won't be skipping anymore days at all. Pretty big blow to what was already very new and fragile self esteem. I hope this somehow helps anyone else reading.

xx

milkncookies said:
31 March 2014

Sorry for the lack of posts. Today has been a week since I started so I did my first weigh in. I skipped my 4th day and today as I wasn't feeling well the 4th and woke up too late today.

I started at 75kg and as of today I'm 71. This obviously is great, and I was feeling better about myself already, as I feel my face and neck area have slimmed considerably. Unfortunately, my neighbour decided to ask me today why I've gotten so big the last year. English isn't her first language, but the conversation went as follows:

Her: "you have put on weight yes?"

Me: "pardon? What?"

Her: "you used to be so thin and pretty, and now have you been eating a lot? You have the extra chins and flappy arms now"

I just stared at her with nothing to say I was so shocked..then she's like "I need to lose weight too but I just had a baby. Your tummy looks saggy"

So I feel like a deflated bag of lard at the moment.. I won't be skipping anymore days at all. Pretty big blow to what was already very new and fragile self esteem. I hope this somehow helps anyone else reading.

xx
Ah no, poor you!!! Sometimes it is the communication gap and some cultures are not the most discreet!, they just say what they mean and don't necessarily mean to insult you - although they get that done as well.
Don't let her get to you, maybe she noticed you lost weight and it was her way of asking you how you did it.
Keep at it and show her!

Reactions: bring.it.on.2015
I'm on day 2 of 40mg of Metermine. I had little to no side effects. A slight dry mouth, and a little headache last night (which I am prone to). I didn't feel energised but I did feel more relaxed as I think my mood was increased. No moodiness at the end of the work day. I'll see what today bring, has anyone else experienced better moods from this or do you think it's the fact I feel more in control of my weight loss?

This morning marked day 3! I slept a little last night but was restless. No headache & I found chewy helped my dry mouth. So that was sorted yesterday. I had not much of an appetite yesterday either, I eat 3 meals because I knew I had to. I got a rumble in the tummy & knew it was food time! But no desire to really eat. This morning I'm a little shakey but I'm guessing it will pass when I shower & get ready for the day! Hope you are all have success!

I'm up to Day 10. I dont have side effects now except a dry mouth which I manage with a lot of water and mouth wash designed for dry mouth. Works well. I don't have any trouble sleeping, in fact I sleep well. Could be the exercise. I'm doing 45 - 60 mins of cardio every second day at the gym & eat 3 healthy small meals a day. I haven't measured my cms but will difinately do that so I can see how much of a difference it makes. I've lost 5kgs over 10 days. I feel like that's a pretty good loss.
The best part of it all is I'm now motivated to exercise and I rather enjoy the trip to the gym now. Where as normally I would dread it. I am eating so healthy & haven't had anything sweet like chocolate ect whatsoever over the past 10 days! Duromine suppressed my appitite completely for the first few days but I noticed I wasn't eating enough as I feel sickly at the end of the day. Now I feel on top of the world. Duromine is working wonderfully for me!

Mm1988 said:
I'm up to Day 10. I dont have side effects now except a dry mouth which I manage with a lot of water and mouth wash designed for dry mouth. Works well. I don't have any trouble sleeping, in fact I sleep well. Could be the exercise. I'm doing 45 - 60 mins of cardio every second day at the gym & eat 3 healthy small meals a day. I haven't measured my cms but will difinately do that so I can see how much of a difference it makes. I've lost 5kgs over 10 days. I feel like that's a pretty good loss.
The best part of it all is I'm now motivated to exercise and I rather enjoy the trip to the gym now. Where as normally I would dread it. I am eating so healthy & haven't had anything sweet like chocolate ect whatsoever over the past 10 days! Duromine suppressed my appitite completely for the first few days but I noticed I wasn't eating enough as I feel sickly at the end of the day. Now I feel on top of the world. Duromine is working wonderfully for me!
You are doing so well! I am sure you will have more loss soon if you go on like this! Super! :)

Reactions: Carla
Thanks heaps girls!
I'm up to my 4th week. I've had only a little weight lose in past week or so. I'm 8kgs down but was pretty sick with the flu & barely moved outta bed for a week. Back to the gym tonight, heart rate was a little higher than I liked so I slowed down. Still not having an side effects & even the dry mouth has subsided some. Pretty excited to jump on them scales at the end of this week

Mm1988 said:
Thanks heaps girls!
I'm up to my 4th week. I've had only a little weight lose in past week or so. I'm 8kgs down but was pretty sick with the flu & barely moved outta bed for a week. Back to the gym tonight, heart rate was a little higher than I liked so I slowed down. Still not having an side effects & even the dry mouth has subsided some. Pretty excited to jump on them scales at the end of this week

Sooo ... how did you go? :laughing:

I hope your rude neighbour didn't get u down! How's your weight loss going?

Hi all
im brooke from South Australia.

I have started my duromine yesterday on 15mg ..

no side effects at all
I do how ever have a weird metalic taste in my mouth I also been sleeping fine.
energy wise mmm I feel a little more awake then usual.

my dr suggested to start on 15mg then build my way up that way my body wont get the side effects heavy from it and also my body wont get use to the higher dose for when I need it in last few months..

my appitite has decresed a little..
Yesterday I wasnt snacking and during night I wasnt snacking BONUS..

today I woke up had a banana (small) three strawberrys for breakfast

morning tea i had a cuppa carrot stick and a two crackers..

I feel satisfied ..

i do have a large amount of weight to loose 65kg..

I am hoping to loose 39 kg by xmas very extreme I know may not happen but im going to gold coast for xmas and want to go on rides with my amazing kiddies and hubby..

I am hoping make some friends

who are going on a weight loss journey
take care all

I'm also on 15 mgs for a month then going up to 30 I am on day 10 and lost 2.2kgs I have around 30-35 to lose but small goal is to get under 100. All the best! :)

Reactions: brooke