• Exercise more?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change my diet?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Evergreen

Standard Member
Feb 4, 2015
So i have been working out six days a week and eating so well, i managed to drop 2kgs last week, havent gotten on the scale since Sunday because i'm scaredi made no progress.

Im in South Africa and im sure some of you guys know Medical aids dont pay for breast reduction, so i have applied for exgratia assistance, today they called me to say that i need to drop my BMI to 27-29 and then they will reconsider some of the costs, my BMI is currently on 34.63, my surgery was scheduled for 7th April, i have now postponed it, hoping and praying that i can loose 15-17kgs by July 7th.
Its just going so slowly and i wanted to be motivated.... but it feels so hard at the pace im going.
I need to keep my head in this, i mean its a R40 000 surgery that i was going to take a loan out for. i just feel like im loosing focus and needed to vent abit.

Should i maybe start exercising twice a day? do you think i have enough time? Should i do a liquid diet? Sigh i need advice please?

Thanks ladies, have a lovely day.

SevenOfNine

Standard Member
Jan 13, 2015
Melbourne
I'm not an expert, so please take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, but...

I would say to not burn yourself out with exercise twice a day. You may end up with zero energy before too long, and even if that doesn't happen, most medical professionals will agree that exercising too much (or too hard for your fitness level) drastically increases your risk of injury. And if you get injured, you may need to stop exercising altogether until you've healed enough, and I'm sure that's not what you want!

Whatever you choose to do, try not to lose hope!

Evergreen

Standard Member
Feb 4, 2015
I know that its abit extreme, i just feel like its a mammoth task ahead of me.
But i appreciate the advice and know its probably not the best idea.
So i'll stick to what im doing and then just keep praying for the best :)

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
I agree with SevenOfNine. Exercising twice daily is not a good idea at all.
Moreover, I would not recommend a liquid diet, because our body needs to digest something and especially fiber. Plus, it can drive you crazy to "eat" only liquids((( No, no. I think you are doing right, but your body is just different, it needs more time maybe. BTW who said 2kg per week is little?! Do not give up!

Evergreen

Standard Member
Feb 4, 2015
Thank for the reply Kate, 2kgs is perfect a week for me, but it was my first week on duromine so i feel like weightloss will probably be less. Its insane tho, i mean weighing in at 92kgs you would think that all the changes i made would have helped me loose weight faster. i feel like im going at snails pace, i do HIIT workouts for 5 days a week, and do a 5km walk/jog 1 day a week. i eat high protein, low fat, low carbs. Its such a big difference in lifestyle i just feel like it should go faster i guess. But i know both things i want to do is not healthy and i try to pride myself in "healthy" vs "skinny" i didnt want to be extreme, in the same breath, the quicker i loose the quicker i can go for my surgery. .... I just need to be patient i guess.
Thank you ladies for the advice.

SevenOfNine

Standard Member
Jan 13, 2015
Melbourne
You do 5 HIIT workouts a week? Eep! I've read on quite a lot of sources that doing more than 4 HIIT sessions per week may be counter-productive for your fitness goals, due to the way it taxes your system and the recovery time required after such intense workouts. This source in particular recommends no more than 3 per week.

An excerpt from the article linked above:
If you want to lose weight or improve your general fitness, Tumminello recommends no more than three HIIT workouts per week. If you’re also strength training, do no more than two HIIT workouts to account for the demands of your other training sessions.
Most of the recommendations I've seen (from bodybuilders, doctors and general fitness sources alike) say that you should look at frequency and recovery time for HIIT as you would with weight training -- that is, non-consecutive days only, with more moderate forms of exercise on other days of the week if you do choose to exercise on your "rest" days.

Please tell me to shut up if you already know this stuff! I do tend to waffle a bit if left unchecked... :oops:

Either way, best of luck in reaching your goals! :)

Muks

Standard Member
Dec 11, 2014
Do not put pressure on yourself. Weight loss should be a calculated journey. You need to understand your body and what works for you. It helps to keep a journal of your food intake and exercises, this way you will see what your body responds to. I would say concentrate on losing the weight the right way, not the duration. Remember you need to keep the weight off and be able to maintain it.

Then you can go and have your breast reduction. All the best. You can do this. Just keep a positive attitude and take it one day at a time.

P.S. Do not overdo things. If you eat less that your body requires, your body will go into starvation mode and you will take longer to lose weight. Do not over exercise your body, you will put strain or get injured then you will not be able to exercise correctly or not exercise at all.

Keep Keeping On!!!1 ;)

Reactions: Evergreen

Evergreen

Standard Member
Feb 4, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, you guys are all right, i guess im not seeing things reasonably because i know i have a deadline and that scares me, but my hubby keeps saying i need to change my mindset and focus on why im doing this and just keep doing what im doing, in his words o cant be giving more than my all and my all is good enough.
I was seein a trainer 3 times a week, i have upped that to four times a week from next week. And decided to maybe do walking/jogging the other two days a week, the trainer said that there is a reason i did HIIT sessions with him, because i was only doing it 3 times a week and should not have been doing it on my own too, so my 3rd session will be strength training. Thanks for the share @SevenOfNine, i reall apreciate it. He has also reccomnded that i add a cheat day, for my body to reset, but says he would prefer if i made this a training day, do any of you ladies have any insight about cheat days... because i have been good 7 days a week, apparently also not good.

Thanks again for all the help. im learning to feel more at home on this forum than anywhere else.