• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi, been researching for a while and this is the most extensive place I've found information and stories, very good.
No doubt I will begin typing and won't stop...... Sorry in advance. :p

I'm Charlie and I'm taking duromine 30. I'm 2 weeks in. I don't regularly look at the scales but am feeling good. I was terrified to start it and warned everyone I might be "on speed" for a while and BOOM got the absolute opposite. I could hardly talk for the first 4 days I was that zonked out chilled and calm... I have ADHD and have gone 30 years with it non treated and since I had that reaction have since found out it is sometimes prescribed as an interim drug before patients receive their ADHD drugs and des are prescribing for this, and some other things. But yeah just something I didn't expect but glad to be able to sleep as normal and not be jumping off walls 24/7....

History- I started weightloss in June 2010 at 166kg. I lost 55 in 6 months. And almost 20 more in the remaining time but I am very muscular, I train a lot and I eat well. I went from an I comfy size 28 to now an xs in city chic, 14 at autograph, 16 everywhere else, real size 12-14 without all this skin. My lowest weight was 97kg a few months ago after returning from a holiday where I gained 7kg in 9 days with eating well and daily gym visit.... Carnival spirit... So I came home and smashed it out trained and ate clean for the month and lost 10 kg.

Christmas week I was feeling like a bloated piece of crap and as I'm studying to be a personal trainer and work in a gym I found out about duromine and asked the dr for it, he gave it to me no questions asked, well, he gave me an ECG and a blood test :)
Started the next day. So far so good regarding hunger, def under control so much so that most of the time I'm actually confused about what to get myself as I don't "feel" like any particular foods.
I would say I'd be back around the 99-100 mark from 106.5 day one. I can pretty much feel kilo for kilo on my body now. My worst thing is that I need surgery, brachioplasty- arm lift, thigh lift, body lift and boobs. Losing 70kg and yo yoking my whole life has taken it's toll and it's very hard for me.

So I have appx 15-20kg of excess skin to deal with every second of every day (putting me around 80kg) which for 173cm is perfect to me. and as we all know, usually weight loss is to look good and I don't. I've come as far as I can with constant training in several areas of fitness and this is my last ditch effort to see if I can actually physically lose any more or if everything left is just skin. My real body underneath is tiny as... Very upsetting that I can't show that and till the day comes that I have that 50,000 I have to deal.

Anyway... Don't really know what will happen but I know I'm doing everything I can to help it. I'm very focused and motivated and I train hard daily, with one new exception - the duromine has taken away my afternoon grazing session and sneaky car food when I'm peckish. I'm now never that peckish that it can't wait till a meal or proper snack time. Drinking heaps more than usual so I'm happy about that. Don't really want to ever stop taking them as I don't usually drink enough water unless it contains a supplement. And I'd love to not turn back into my usual highly strung defensive psycho self.... I'm liking this

The tiredness is up and down depending on exertion' I'd say I'm on 1600-2000 clean calories. I gave up coffee last time I ate 100% clean and so now I just take my pre workout as an energy booster, as duromine has not given me anything but sleepiness. So the dr told me not to take all my usual supplements but I had to add one in cause I was a vegetable and need to fit in training, work, husband, daughter etc.... That has given me the occasional heart palp that I always get when I use it and stronger ones but nothing major till today when I also had a sugarfree v because I was just so buggered this afternoon and had already had the supplement and still couldn't get any energy lol and tonight out with friends I had to leave as I had stabbing pain in my upper stomach. Whinge whinge
Had a tea and a protein ball and feel better now so goodnight...... :laughing:

Reactions: Viktor and Kate
Oh my...!! You are so awesome! I'd say - extremely motivated and you definitely know what to do.
What can I say more? Go on like this and have no severe side effects. Don't you forget to rest sometimes?;)

Welcome to our big family!

Reactions: Viktor
i weighed myself today and i have lost just over 5 kilo i have been trying hard to do 30 min a day on treadmill its hard when i work to get on it though i have been trying to eat better and it has helped yay i have given up coke whitch was not easy because i have been drinking it constantly for at least 6 years i have been drinking water lots of water im getting used to it now i only ever drank water once in a blue moon it was always coke I'm happy with the duromine I was worried o wouldn't be able to do it

Reactions: Chrissy Mack
You're doing great!
As for the coke, you must know it is not good in general for your health, not just for body weight.
It is not necessary to spend 30 minutes in a row on a treadmill, if you can't. Exercises may differ, still bring you a good energy and weight loss. 15 minutes of treadmill and some stretching, or strength exercise would be fine. Like try your abs, or some pushups.

Good luck!;)

Thanks and yes I know coke isn't good for ya it's just I got hooked on it but not no more I'll try doing stretchers or push ups as well as 15 min on the treadmill on days I work I Tryed doing 15 min on treadmillwhen iI got home from work and it was hard I was buggerd I'm on my feet all day as I am a nurse in ages care so I'm constantly going I was abit upset with myself as I could only manage 10 min but I thought being at work then coming home to run after kids and do the house work is a lot to do in 1 day I'm a big girl I weigh 129 kilo I was 134 so I should take it slow and gradually get my fitness level up

Oh, sun! I understand you so well, especially home and kids routine..
Well, then I suggest you to start slow - a little stretching gymnastics in the morning if you have time of course. Or in the evening after work, but no treadmill in the evening, please! Do not torture yourself. Gymnastics would be enough for the start. And then on your days-off try to walk for 30 minutes outside. Believe me, pleasure & benefit for weight loss is guaranteed! Listen to your body, darling! Slowly but surely you will reach your goal.
Feel free to ask for advice if you can't do smth, or you need some different plan.

I'm always here and ready to help you and other ladies and gents!
:):):)

Kate said:
Oh, sun! I understand you so well, especially home and kids routine..
Well, then I suggest you to start slow - a little stretching gymnastics in the morning if you have time of course. Or in the evening after work, but no treadmill in the evening, please! Do not torture yourself. Gymnastics would be enough for the start. And then on your days-off try to walk for 30 minutes outside. Believe me, pleasure & benefit for weight loss is guaranteed! Listen to your body, darling! Slowly but surely you will reach your goal.
Feel free to ask for advice if you can't do smth, or you need some different plan.

I'm always here and ready to help you and other ladies and gents!
:):):)
Thankyou for your support I it helps a lot

Hey,

So I've been on Metermine 30mg for 2 weeks as of tomorrow..

I'm down to 81.8kg from 84kgs and have been stuck at 81.8 for like 4 days now..

I has a really great 2-3 days on it and now I just feel normal again..

I walk a fair bit in general not so much serious exercise but tend to do a fair bit of walking around shops, to and from school round the house and garden..

Eating seems to be the biggest issue for me. I can't seem to get into a good eating pattern, I eat lots of salads and chicken and drink sooooo much water..

Is it normal to plateau so soon?

Reactions: Scribbles
Hi, Cuppie
Yes it's pretty normal. Everybody is different. At first your body starts losing weight rapidly, when you take the pills, keep a diet and exercise. But after some time (couple of days, a week, two weeks, depends) it suddenly stops, because it is in shock. Any changes in your usual regime are shock for your body. So it wants to keep this weight because it always needs deposits "just in case" you will not have the access to food one day. All I can say - wait for a month and keep going. You'll see you will lose more weight after a while. Good luck!

Reactions: shell123
So this is my experience so far........
  • Duromine gives me some cotton mouth - which is a good thing (Water flushes the system of all the bad things)
  • Duromine has deprived me of some sleep but I have a feeling it's the little Duromine cheerleaders motivating my fat cells to move out.
  • I have learned my stomachs limits on food intake - Doesn't mean it can stretch it has to
  • I have lost an amazing 5.9kg in the first week and 5cm around my waist.
  • A total of 26cm has disappeared of my body - NEVER to return again!!!
and as a plus I feel absolutely fantastic and it's only day 10

The side effects were a big thing for me but the positives definitely outweigh the side effects.

SW 138.9
CW 133
GW 75

Feeling just as positive!
I'm on day 13 and yesterday I weighed 103kg down from 109kg!
Problem is the doctor is worried it is too fast. I'm just so happy though!

More food is the key I think. Don't want to lose muscle by not exercising now I'm keen!

Reactions: SweetTeddie
Well done thats awesome .. !

Congratulations on all the amazing results!!:):)

The key to speeding up ur metabolism, stopping u from getting too hungry and finally loosing weight is to eat. 6 small meals per day. So BREAKFAST...snack.....LUNCH.....snack...DINNER...snack. all small portions and make sure u eat lots of protein. Protein keeps u full for longer. Google super foods or foods high in protein. ( i use the internet for food knowledge).
Cardio also helps u lose weight everywhere on ur body. It also helps with depression. Exercise makes the brain produce happy chemicals (endorphines). Work out minimum 30mins a day. Dance, walk, jog, treadmill whatever u like.
I have been on Duromine 2 weeks and have lost 5.5kg like this.

This is an example of what i eat.
8am - small bowl of cereal with sweetener instead of sugar (i add dried cranberries) + 2 fruits.
10am- yogurt with some fruit inside + 5 almonds (protein)
12pm- wholewheat sandwich with turkey breast,low fat cottage cheese and tomato and lettuce.
3pm-carrots with chickpea dip or tuna wrapped in lettuce.
5-6pm- grillled chicken marinated in lemon and dill + boiled or steamed veggies.
8pm- apple + almonds.

I fit gym in whenever i can. It helps me sleep. On my days off from gym i dont sleep as good because i have too much energy.

Hope this has helped.
xxx
Good luck everybody.

Reactions: Ally Russell
I've been watching these forums over the last two weeks and finally decided to log in and post something.

I'm 31 years old, no children - I suffer from chronic migraines and my diet has never been 100% perfect, but I never considered it a problem. My weight stacked on because of medication. Then all of a sudden your so big you can't exercise or walk properly. This is the kickstart I needed, lose a few kg's first so I can walk properly and hope everything falls in place. The perfect fairy tale.

I want to keep a record of this, and most definitely get advice to help me along.

Starting weight was 117.4kgs
Current weight is 107.9kgs

Week one - I've pretty much never felt so alive. My adrenalin is running, I'm wide awake, talking a little too fast and running on fumes. I didn't feel hungry at all, which is a totally unique and foreign experience to me as I usually eat 3 decent size meals a day - and I never skip. But the excess energy is great, taking the dog for longer walks, going to the park. My mouth is dry, but I keep forgetting to drink water - which is also odd because I usually have at least 2 litres before lunch every day. Not sleeping very well, but waking up feeling very refreshed. Fruit for lunch, and for dinner usually a meat/veg combo but could only stomach a few mouthfuls. My weight dropped a kg a day, but I'm pretty sure most of it was water/fluid.

Week two - So this is the current week. I think the sleep deprivation is finally catching up. I can go to bed about 11-12 and sleep for about 6 hours. I don't feel as refreshed as I did last week, but I'm not tired either. My skin has also decided to break out, it's actually embarrasing how red and blotchy my face is. But I can only assume it's the toxins exiting my system. I've been eating carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and a few grissini at lunch - for dinner I'm not hungry so I just pick at fruit and veges. I know it's wrong, but I feel physically sick. I have exercised every single day though which is great. But my skin is horrible and I'm feeling nausea all day long. I think the hardest part is knowing I can't give up. Because if I give up old habits will come right back. I'm thinking the best way to tackle this is to keep the fresh veges for as long as possible. I might try throwing some meat/protein in 3-4 times a week. Even if it's a few bites.

So week one, awesome. Week two, not so great. But the thing is, I've actually learnt something. I've learnt that I'm not going to give up. Seeing the first 10kg slide away just made me more determined to make this work. So I just need to add more into my diet, but not overdose. I need to keep drinking that water, even if it's small sips. I need to keep getting out there every day even if it's only for 30 mins and do some sort of exercise.

I wonder if week two has really been that bad, or have I just been expecting more. Week 1, I was 10kg down, week 2 nothing so far. I don't want to, nor would it be healthy to lose that every week. So it's just a mind over matter game. I'm scared, confused, and worried that this might not work. But I have to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Linda,

Welcome to the forum and we'll done for taking that first step :)congratulations on your weight loss, that's an amazing loss!!

I would definitely advised to try and add some sort of protein into most of your meals whether it be in the form of meat or nuts. This will keep you fuller for longer but also give your body the nutrient it needs :)

I got into a bad habit of not drinking enough water but now I make sure I always have a full water bottle on my desk at work and on the weekends one in bag. that way when ever I feel like water it there at my finger tips.

I can also relate to the breakouts, I usually have clear skin and although I have nothing major I do have a few little red spots.

I am also on my second week and determined to see this through no matter what. I haven't weighed myself this week yet but like you really feel the mental game that it is. I find posting on here helps, I can just let it out and know that there is probably someone feeling the same way or know that someone will reply with positive energy to keep encouraging me. The ladies on here are great, whether you have 10 kgs to lose or 50 kgs, we are sort of all in it together.

Hi Kayla,
Thanks for replying :)
I think that's the part that I'm struggling with most is my diet. It's hard to add things in when you aren't feeling like anything, but I agree with the protein. I'm thinking of adding a few small pieces of chicken into whatever I eat at night. I try to eat banana's when I'm not hungry for anything else. It's body shock though, because I've always had a great relationship with food.
Water is really strange, I always drink quite a bit, but since taking the tablets you just forget - So I keep the bottle close to me now at all times.
I'm glad someone else is noticing the few changes I am. .
Onwards and upwards from here :)

wow you doing gr8. I too struggle to eat all my calories a day, and I know we need to force ourselves everyday to eat , which is weird as you said you had a gr8 relationship with food, I am the same i nthe that regard, we need to start eating all our meals or snacks, so that once we off D we can just carry on as normal otherwise we are going to land up eating more calories than we supposed to again and get fat all over again, and that is what we do not want right? I have found that since I have been eating brekkie earlier and forcing myself to eat it, does help me to exercise for longer , D gives me a buzz and energy just being stationary, but food gives us fuel to actually move and build stamina for everyday life and body and brain function, so it is not good that we preventing it from happening naturally , it is good we are getting rid of our OLD bad habits but we must not take on NEW bad habits by not fueling our bodies ,easier said than done, I know , loads of wisdom I write to to you but cannot seem to get this right everyday myself , lol ..Thinking of you in the struggle as I know it so well, and it is not helping my weight loss either , soon I AM going to plateau if i continue this new bad habit of depriving my body , we can win this battle and find balance again , well done on your huge loss, my goodness, I have never known or read of anyone losing that much in one week, amazing !! ,and it is gr8 to know your body can shed so much .. may the rest of your week be a good one ,reaching the next goal on your journey..