Daily weigh-ins

SwitLove

SwitLove

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2020
Australia
Hi everyone. Quick question. Do you guys weigh yourself every day? If so, do you see a lot of fluctuations? Day 6 and lost 3.5 in 3 days. Then gained 500 g and now at a stand still. Maybe I shouldn’t do it to stay motivated. :)

Reactions: April and Didi88
Didi88

Didi88

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2019
Australia
I'm day 3 and have weighed daily but thinking I should just do weekly after this week. I'm down 3.1kg but I know it's fluid x

April

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
Hi everyone. Quick question. Do you guys weigh yourself every day? If so, do you see a lot of fluctuations? Day 6 and lost 3.5 in 3 days. Then gained 500 g and now at a stand still. Maybe I shouldn’t do it to stay motivated. :)
It's a good question! IMO, the weight fluctuations may not show a real picture.
Clothes do;) If something you've got used to becomes too loose, you're on the right way :sun:

Reactions: Dre
D

Didonna

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2019
Australia
I do it daily too and it kind of demotivates me as the weight keeps on fluctuating. The only change I mainly saw was week 1 after that it hasn’t moved ( maybe increased a bit ). I am week 4 now

SwitLove

SwitLove

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2020
Australia
Hi @dinonna, That isn’t good... what strength are you on? Are you getting a second script?

D

Didonna

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2019
Australia
Hi @dinonna, That isn’t good... what strength are you on? Are you getting a second script?
I am on 30mg. I don’t think my doctor will give me another script. I was on BMI 30.1 when I got my script and as per her once I m below 30 she can’t give it, even though I am still 16 kg over my normal weight :expressionless:

April

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
I am on 30mg. I don’t think my doctor will give me another script. I was on BMI 30.1 when I got my script and as per her once I m below 30 she can’t give it, even though I am still 16 kg over my normal weight :expressionless:
It would help if you had a good Meal Plan, composed according to your personal needs and GW.
On the NeverGiveUpTeam forum, we're planning to offer individual meal plans prepared by a certified nutritionist. We'll keep you posted, guys! Watch for updates:heart:

Reactions: SwitLove and Dre
SwitLove

SwitLove

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2020
Australia
oh wow! Is that just your doctor or is this a general thing? I am on bmi 36

SwitLove

SwitLove

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2020
Australia
It would help if you had a good Meal Plan, composed according to your personal needs and GW.
On the NeverGiveUpTeam forum, we're planning to offer individual meal plans prepared by a certified nutritionist. We'll keep you posted, guys! Watch for updates:heart:
Great!

D

Didonna

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2019
Australia
oh wow! Is that just your doctor or is this a general thing? I am on bmi 36
Not sure she told me “ we are not allowed to prescribe it under 30 BMI , you are lucky you are just there

C

Christys

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2020
I weigh every day and yes the fluctuation can be depressing , so I officially record every Fridays weight and just go by that as too how much I have lost or gained ..

SwitLove

SwitLove

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2020
Australia
I weigh every day and yes the fluctuation can be depressing , so I officially record every Fridays weight and just go by that as too how much I have lost or gained ..
Good idea. Will be Friday for me as well since that’s when I started

Pepelina

Pepelina

Premium Member
Oct 16, 2019
Australia
I have a start weigh in and that's all I did before I started Duromine. After that I go by my clothes to tell if I'm losing weight. I have a shirt that was really tight in the arms and one a week I try it on. Now my arms fit down the sleeves but it's a snug fit. My goal is to have it loose around my arms.

Lindberg

Lindberg

Standard Member
Oct 21, 2019
Australia
I weighed last Thursday night and started duromine last Friday. I did weigh myself Monday cause I was curious. I was down 2.3kg. But I'm going to stick to weighing every week on a Thursday night cause I think if I weigh too often I will get depressed.

Crazyme

Crazyme

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
I weighed last Thursday night and started duromine last Friday. I did weigh myself Monday cause I was curious. I was down 2.3kg. But I'm going to stick to weighing every week on a Thursday night cause I think if I weigh too often I will get depressed.
Don't weigh ur self at night mornings are the best

8irdy

8irdy

Standard Member
May 25, 2017
Oh golly your story is identical to me :pensive: my stand still went of for 5-6 days and now back to losing a couple of hundred grams a day but during the stand still my body changed shape heaps like I was losing weight but not on the scales lol. So weird, don’t give up keep pushing. I nearly did

Justagirl30kg

Justagirl30kg

Premium Member
Sep 12, 2019
Australia
@SwitLove If you eat any carbs, it tr takes 3.5ltrs of water to digest it. So a lot of daily fluctuations could be fluid retention

Reactions: SwitLove