Contraceptive Pill/period While On Duromine 30mg

BiancaM

Standard Member
May 24, 2019
Adelaide, South Australia
Hi all,
I would like to hear your opinions about this topic.

I started on Duromine 30mg on Tuesday just gone, and I've noticed the side effects straight away such as; the dry mouth - which is making me drink heaps more water (at least 2 litres per day), the sleepless night on the first night, it's been okay, not the greatest since and having smaller meal sizes as I am not that hungry.

My GP put me onto Duromine as I am overweight and worries for my future. I've psychically been pushing myself, going for more walks, doing workouts when I can, and making healthier choices.

I've been on the contraceptive pill for about 3-5 years now roughly, having regular periods but, lasting for at least 3 days - which is normal for me, something with my body when it reacts with the sugar pills.

I just wanted to get some advice on;
- does duromine cancel out the contraceptive pill at all?
- how much does duromine affect periods?

Thanks,
BiancaM

Reactions: April

Sunita

Standard Member
May 18, 2019
Singapore
I’m on Yasmin contraceptive pill and doctor said there is no drug interaction between that and Panbesy so I can continue with both. Suggest yuh ask your doctor just to be on the safe side.

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
First, welcome to the forum @BiancaM . The manufacturer does not indicate contraceptive pills as a contraindication for the use of Duromine, nor mentiones any possible interactions between the two. Some women, though, do notice changes in their usual reproductive system behavior.
Just like Sunita told you, it is always better to consult with your doctor.
By the way, we have an article about contraceptives and weight loss, written by an amazing doctor especially for our forum. You might find it useful.
I wish you best of luck and hope that everything goes well for you! Looking forward to witnessing your weight loss journey

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxielle

Standard Member
Feb 7, 2019
I am on Levlen, and have been for 10 years, and have had no side effects between it and duromine. Everything is exactly as it was before duro.