• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Can Alcohol Stop Duromine From Working?

Hello, CK girl

Of course no medication should be combined with alcohol. But if you can't resist. Maybe you should skip one or two doses in a row so that Duromine was no longer in your system. This way at least you can avoid side effects. But beware of that hunger that comes after you had a drink. I know what I'm saying - when you drink alcohol your appetite increases dramatically, and what's more important - you cannot control your portions because your body is relaxed. Well, I hope you will hold on even during this party. Good luck and be smart!

Reactions: MARETTE and Crazyme
Kate said:
Hello, CK girl

Of course no medication should be combined with alcohol. But if you can't resist. Maybe you should skip one or two doses in a row so that Duromine was no longer in your system. This way at least you can avoid side effects. But beware of that hunger that comes after you had a drink. I know what I'm saying - when you drink alcohol your appetite increases dramatically, and what's more important - you cannot control your portions because your body is relaxed. Well, I hope you will hold on even during this party. Good luck and be smart!
Try taking a spritzer (wine mixed with soda - and DRY wine with less sugar). You will still feel as if you are having a drink and can be sociable but the alcohol will be much less. And be very cautious of the "Light"wines you get lately. The alcohol is a little bit less - 3% - but the sugar content is a lot higher.

And yes, forgot to mention the calories that most alcohol drinks contain. Good point, Audrey!
CK girl, now you have one good recipy of light drink ;) Have fun!

Thank you Kate and Audrey for your feedback. I contemplated not going at all so not to drink but it is for one of my best friends 40th so I can't miss it. Audrey - love the spritzer idea plus I was planning on eating before I went so not to be tempted by food.

Reactions: Kate
Hi everyone. I've been on Duromine for a couple of weeks, my Dr prescribed it. It's going great! However, he failed to mention that I should not consume alcohol while taking it. Last night I had a couple of glasses of wine with friends and was fine. However this morning when I woke up I felt very weird, in fact I feel terrible. Heart palpitations, dizzyness, nausea etc. I then search online and realised it's very dangerous to combine Phentermine with alcohol. I wish I had know this before hand. I've decided not to take my duro today and just take it easy and drink lots of water.

Reactions: Tims
Hi there, thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing myself having read that a few times now but my dr didn't mention it, even after I mentioned that I drink wine. hope you're ok.

I have never heard that. I took phentermine for about a year several years ago, and drank quite a bit a the time. Never had issues that I know of.

Maybe I was just lucky...

I have been drinking alcohol whilst on Duromine as well, and haven't had any side effects that I know of yet.

I've only just started this week, and did go out to have some drinks on the weekend. Weirdly enough, it gave me a sensation similar to MDMA. Has anyone experienced this?

Hi guys i searched for this topic because like you Stephen relaxing with a drink after work is somthing i enjoy. I personally have not had any adverse effects (generally a couple of light beers) in the month (my first) i have been taking D. My query was more related to the weightloss side of things. I have cut out my normal 2-3 cans of energy drink PER DAY (yep i know but its gone now) due to the amount of sugar they contain, i have also lowered my food intake and calorie content and i was disappointed that in my first month i only lost 2kg. I was curious if the alcohol was somehow blocking the effects of the D??

kelster.chick said:
Hi guys i searched for this topic because like you Stephen relaxing with a drink after work is somthing i enjoy. I personally have not had any adverse effects (generally a couple of light beers) in the month (my first) i have been taking D. My query was more related to the weightloss side of things. I have cut out my normal 2-3 cans of energy drink PER DAY (yep i know but its gone now) due to the amount of sugar they contain, i have also lowered my food intake and calorie content and i was disappointed that in my first month i only lost 2kg. I was curious if the alcohol was somehow blocking the effects of the D??

Hello Kelster.chick! It is very unlikely that Stephen answers… it’s been a long time. If I may give a suggestion, I don’t think that alcohol was blocking the effects of D. It does alter them, may enhance the side effects. Yet, alcohol does hinder the weight loss progress, due to its high caloric value AND the high GI. And this means you were hitting your body with each bottle of beer. Beer is a no-no for those who want to lose weight. That’s my opinion. Are you on Duromine now?

Reactions: kelster.chick
I myself might start using it, thank you very much for sharing your story, very helpful, feel better :)

Hi thanks for the input. I am on my 2nd prescription of D now....i have gone up in dosage, for this 2nd prescription, due to such poor results. I only lost 2kg in my first month on D. I was so sure that given i have cut so many calories (mostly in the 3 cans of energy drink/day that i no longer drink along with a big change in my diet) that i would have much more substantial loss, even without the D. So it is disappointing. I guess i was probably a bit naive thinking that 1-2 light beers a day would have slowed my progress so much.

Hello Kelster.chick. I would advise you to start your own thread and I am sure people will give you some good tips on enhancing your weight loss. It always helps to monitor your journey, especially if you tell more about what exactly you eat, how you exercise. There might be some minor mistakes that hinder your fast weight loss, and you are not aware of them. Either way, I wish you all the luck and please, don’t forget to drink water. Better switch these 1-2 light beers a day to a nice water with lime and berries. =) take care!

Actually, I have used the three months to avoid alcohol for the sole purpose of weight loss, the liver needs all the help it can get. However, I have had up to two standard drinks while on the medication with no ill effects personally. Consumed in the evening after a morning dose. But I did read that there was a danger of heart attack from the competing effects, Duromine speeding you up and the Alcohol slowing you down.
Each persons risk would be individual. And my comments relate only to my own experience and are not medical advice. See your prescribing doctor for you own circumstances.

Reactions: April
Hi!

I was wondering about whether it's possible having alcohol could stop you from losing weight with duromine?

I started in 15mg last week and lost 3kg, even though I was still eating junk food! I had a jug of cider on Sunday night and since then I haven't lost any weight at all!

I'm really worried because I've been exercising very intensely these last couple days - which I didn't do last week! And have eaten so much less than last week (around 1000 cals a day).

I was expecting to lose more weight this week because I'm actually eating less and exercising and so far nothing! The only thing I can't think of is the alcohols perhaps is hindering my weightloss?

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hi Carrie! Where to begin…

Alcohol in itself doesn’t hinder the weight loss on Duromine, yet its consumption can have several unpleasant effects for the progress. First of all… Duromine is a very potent drug and it already makes your body work differently. It provides a certain load to all of your internal organs. Alcohol is not a good thing alone, and you know it. Besides. Both Duromine and alcohol exert some serious effects over your central nervous system. You can never know how your body reacts the next time you decide to booze. I wouldn’t risk, if I were you.

Plus, alcohol consumption can lead to water retention. Again, no weight loss…

Moving on… you increased your exercises drastically, so you probably started building some muscle mass, which means no weight loss

Last and not the least, you cut the caloric value of your nutrition to a very scarce number of 1000. If you were not exercising so much, this would already be a serious torture for your body, where it would probably switch into survival mode. Top it off with increased exercising, and you’re killing your body.

1. Up your calories intake through useful foods.

2. Monitor your water intake

3. Don’t just use the scales to monitor your progress. Take some measurements of your body.

Don’t get discouraged. It can be simple plateau, which hits everyone sooner or later. Stick to a good program, and the weight starts moving down again. Take care!

Kate said:
Hi, SJD
About blurry vision, I've heard that some people had suffered from that when on Duromine, but personally have never had this issue. So, it is best to visit a doctor and check your eyes (both) maybe you're having some other issue not related to Duromine. And it is best to detect asap.

Secondly, about alcohol. I've been asked here on the forum by many users about alcohol and Duromine together and my answer is - NO, do not mix these things. Although you may find different opinions, and some users may say that they were using Duromine and had some glasses of wine, etc. and nothing bad happened - my answer is still no - do not risk. I'll explain. Everybody is different and what's been good for one persone, does not mean good for another. Duromine is a stimulant, it acts in the brain, so imagine what reaction may occur with alcohol? Alcohol relaxes you, yet stimulates your brain and your hunger. So you start eating more than usually. And you don't want that))

And last but not least - Duromine is a medication, meaning your liver has to deal with it like with every other medication you are taking, because it is a foreign agent for your body. The same with alcohol. Our liver has to process it. So, when you on Duromine and drink alcohol, you are loading your liver twice more. I know for some people it is unimaginable to spend a b-day party or any other without alcohol. But personally, I do not understand that. If I am sick and I have to take antibiotics - everyone knows no alcohol is allowed. The same with Duromine. You may stop taking the pills at least a couple of days before going to restaurant, if you want. So make sure your body is cleaned of Duromine. OR you may drink something else that evening and still have a good time with your hubby. Why not? Anyways, I wish you to spend a great time and congrats to you both!! :laughing:

hi all, I have a friend who is on Duromine and she has said that it has taken her desire for alcohol away completely. Has anyone experienced this before?

I can only speak from personal experience but I didn't lose any desire to drink alcohol.