Any advice?

G

Ggirl

Standard Member
Oct 30, 2019
I just started taking duromine 15mg yesterday morning at 07h00 and I have felt terribly ill. I have a constant ringing in my ears, headache but worst of all it's seems that my vision is affected by black spots. I was too scared to take the duromine again today and it is now 16h00 the day after just taking one capsule and I am not feeling any better. I am using an antidepressant called Lexamil 15mg so not sure if that is the issue

Reactions: Simfona
April

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
Hello. How long have you been using your antidepressant? Looks like this drug and duromine should not be used together

Reactions: Dre and Simfona
G

Ggirl

Standard Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hello. How long have you been using your antidepressant? Looks like this drug and duromine should not be used together
Hi, thanks for the response. I have been on my antidepressants for about 8 years now

April

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
Did you check with your doctor or pharmacist about the combined use of these meds?

G

Ggirl

Standard Member
Oct 30, 2019
Did you check with your doctor or pharmacist about the combined use of these meds?
Hi yes, because I am on a light dose of anti-depressent the doctor did not expect that the the combination of the two pills will have such adverse effect on me. For now I had to stop taking the duromine and once my serotonin levels are normalised, I will be gradually go off the anti-depressents because I have been on it a long time. I will give duromine another shot early next year when I no longer have anti-depressents in my system. In the meantime I am still going to follow a healhty eating and exercise plan. Thanks so much for all your help

Reactions: April