• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉
Welcome aboard, motherof2!!
All the best with your weight loss journey. I am also from NZ, Hamilton. Started on Duromine a week ago. Going well. I feel a lot of it is also today with your mindset. I dont generally have to feel hungry to eat. So the Duromine helps keep my portions smaller otherwise I feel a bit sick afterwards, but I still have to remind myself that I am really not hungry so dont need to graze all day long. I think with the current exercise that you are doing you experience great results. Lots of water is another big key part in the process of weight loss. Im not a big drinker so I generally get as close as I can to 2L or a bit more. Weighed myself this morning and have lost 3.5kg in 7 days.
Let us know how u get on :)

Wow that is awesome weightloss!, im pretty determined to make this work so i think i should have good results too. I only have 2 months to do it as my dr wouldnt prescribe it for longer that that! Hope you have another awesome week :)

Welcome motherof2, I have also started taking Duromine yesterday, really looking forward to it.. I went to 4 different doctors and only the 4th one would prescribe Duromine to me.. Goodluck :)

Good luck to you both! Yes every doctor seems to have a different opinion regarding D, I know another family member that is taking Duromine and she has to visit her doctor once a month. I think the max total they can describe at a time is 90 tabs. (3 months) Im hoping that I wont need to continue using it after the 3 months. Let me know how u get on :)

Hi Everyone

Well first day was ok on the Duromine 30, i had quite a dry mouth so drunk quite a bit and towards the evenign i had a bit of a headache and i went to bed about 11pm and woke up several times during night feeling wide awake and ready to get up, but hey if it helps me lose weight really well im all for it, weighed myself at the gym this morning and i was still the same weight, so wont weigh myself till end of first week on this now!

Totally has taken my hunger away already, yesterday all i ate was -
breakfast - protein shake
morning tea - carrot sticks
lunch - protein shake and banana
dinner - zuchinni quiche and salad

today its much the same and i dont feel starving!!!!!!
today i went to the gym for 30 mins weight resistance training with my PT, and then with my skinny fit friends i did a 13.4km walk! (they are training for a half marathon) feel qite sore and tired now, but its all good for me!!

So cant wait to see the weight coming off!

Hi all,
I am 30 years old from South Africa. I have to lose 23kg and started on Duromine today. So excited!!!! Very thirsty, already had 1 litre of water.
Love the energy

HI LEE

where in SA are you.. im from dbn.

also have 20 kg to lose.

good luck and pls keep me posted.

LOL the scales at my gym are totally different to the ones at home, so since my trainer is going to weigh me there each week i will go off there ones, and theres say i am 1.4kgs heavier so 108.4.

Anyway Day 3 and all is well, didnt wake up during the night but did wake up at 5:30am, no worries with that, still have quite bad dry mouth, but not a bother.

Went food shopping today, couldnt believe the difference in price for the week when you cut out the crap food and start buying for smaller portion sizes. I have been real good with my kids lunches for preschool too, making them more healthy etc.

going for a 5km walk with a friend tonight so that will be nice.

hows everyone elses journey going?

hi motherof2

well done on the exercise....

im finding it very difficult as i dont really enjoy excerising....so i decided to try zumba.....and i love it....

what are your meals like.

mine is as follows:

bfast - oats
snack- apple
lunch - stirfry with chicken fillet
snack- fruit
supper - greek salad and piece of meat/chicken/fish- sometimes add brown rice or wholegrain bread..

do you think its fine or should i make changes to this diet.

any help will be appreciated.

thank you

Hi PG2011,

I really dont like exercising as well, thats why i try to do it with friends as they really motivate me!
I have no idea about the diet aspect of this yet, i am only on day 3 so notsure what will happen with my weightloss by the end of the week?

cheers

Hi everyone

Finished week one on Duromine! Loss of 3 kilos, bringing me down to 105.4kg, so pleased as it is so easy when you dont feel hungry!!!
13.4km walk with my girlfriends today so am feeling very sore but its worth it!
Hoping for another good loss next week!

Hi everyone,

I went to the doctors today and got some Duromine 30mg. I have also started at the gym a few weeks ago and have also started eating healthy and calorie counting to make sure I don't eat more than I should.

I would obviously like to train myself with what I can and cannot eat.

Starting weight - 111kgs
Height - 180cm
BMI is currently sitting at 34!!
Massive for a 24 year old!

Ultimately I would love to get down to between 75-80kgs with my healthy eating, exercise and with a little help from duromine. I will start taking it tomorrow morning and see how we go. Tomorrow is also weigh in day so I will see what I have lost from just going to the gym!

I'm hoping that by talking to people on here and reading other stories that I will keep motivated!

Good luck for everyone else!! :)

Hi Kirsty87,
Good luck for tomorrow, I advise you take your pill early in the morning to avoid the insomnia side effects and drink lots of water.
Kini :)

Thanks Kini! It's just after 6am here and I've just taken it. I've heard it takes about 2 hours for people to start noticing the affects... Which works out perfect cos I goto the gym at 8am.

I weighed myself last night and I had lost only 1kg but I guess a loss is better than a gain!

I was just reading your post, I also suffer with PCOS do I'm assuming weight loss will probably be harder.. And I have a lot to lose :/ but it's time to get healthy again, for me and my kids!!

Good luck on your adventure too!!

Good Morning Kirsty,

Firstly I would like to say congratualtions for taking the huuuge step to weight loss. I myself have taken my first tablet 30mg. I am also eating Lite n Easy so that I have the dinners there for me and reall have no excuse. I do have a slight head ache but I am also due for my period thought maybe it might be that. I would like to ideally get to 75kg, i started lite and easy a few months ago and went from 103kg to 96kg ( weighed at doc yesterday).

Good luck darling and keep me posted on how you are feeling! xx

Hi BigLoss :)

Congratulations to you too! That's a massive achievement from your light and easy dinners! I got weighed at the docs yesterday also and his scales said 106 but I think they are off! Lol.. Because using my parents I was at 110. I hope the Duromine works for you also!

I'm not feeling anything yet except a lump in my throat but I think that's because I've had the tablet. Who knows.. Lol... I'm waiting to feel different... Hopefully I notice something soon. I was quiet apprehensive about taking these tablets due to all the side affects that people have, but I was reading some comment and a lady reckons that everyone has different side affects because everyone is different! Just because one person had something bad happen doesn't mean you will... Which is totally true! So I can only hope for the best for my self and all of you out there :)

I will definitely keep you updated on my progress! Can't wait for next weeks weigh in haha

Thank you- but still such a long way to go! I took a panadol and feel fine I think about of it is mind over matter and ive read so much that I think I am feeling every side affect lol.

Have a great day xx

I'm glad you feel fine after taking a Panadol :)

I've just come back from the gym! I don't know whether I pushed myself today or if its starting to give me more energy because I went HARD! I never run on the treadmill and I did lots of it today and burnt heaps of calories! Woo! Haha..

Still have a lump in my throat tho! Took my measurements aswell! Because I hear cms mean more than Kgs!

Bust - 47 inch
Waist - 41 inch
Hip - 48 inch

Let's see those numbers drop!!!

Starting to feel the affects of it... I'm buzzing.. Not sure if it's a good or bad feeling, have shallow breath, a little tingly once In a while.. Nothing I can't deal with!

Well done on the tready!! I have alot of energy but cant burn enough as I am at work. I need to let some out lol. I will see how I go on the treadmill to night, but my body cant keep up with me, am i making sense?