And So It Begins. Day 1.

skie

Standard Member
Mar 9, 2015
Was just prescribed 30mg duromine. Had my first tablet this morning. At the moment, I know my expectations aren't realistic but I still have hope this is the magic pill that will lead me to a healthy, happy weight.

At 170cm tall, my starting weight is 96kgs. My goal this month is a 10kg loss, though after reading your posts, I think 5kgs is more reasonable. My overall goal is to reach 75 kgs, hopefully after the 3 month course.

Attachments

Reactions: summer62

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
All the best skie
If you put your mind to it anything possible.
I am new to this aswell I am 6 days it weigh in tmw and I am on 30 . I am dreaming of losing 10kg this month but would be happy with 5kg aswell .

Let us know how u go ??

skie

Standard Member
Mar 9, 2015
hooray to us! good luck with your weigh in, let me know how you go.
i'll let you know my progress at my first weigh in next week. i also took measurements today as ultimately it's all about losing the cms.

skie

Standard Member
Mar 9, 2015
only side effect has been lack of sleep. last night i had about 4 hours all together, felt like i was up every half an hour

Fatty33

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2015
hooray to us! good luck with your weigh in, let me know how you go.
i'll let you know my progress at my first weigh in next week. i also took measurements today as ultimately it's all about losing the cms.
Well I lost 2.6 kgs but my doc put me up to 40 so I started them today and just feeling tired . I really hope it gets my weigh moving . Go back next Tuesday

summer62

Standard Member
Mar 12, 2015
Hi All I started the generic brand (15mg) of Duromine this morning, I am 5'2 and have 7 kilo to lose. My doctor feels I should lose 2 kilo in a month but am sceptical, has anyone had success so far with this product, or is the dose too low? I am active and eat around 1000 to 1100 cals a day.
Would love to hear from anyone else on this dosage and how they are progressing.
starting weight 68.5
waist 78cm
hips 100 cm
thigh 68cm

Last edited:

Aisling

Standard Member
Mar 12, 2015
Perth
Hi.

I was prescribed 30mg of Duromine and had my first pill today.
I am 80kg and want to lose 10-15kg for my wedding - and more importantly my happiness.

It is now evening and my whole body is tingling and I can feel my cells racing with energy. This is a welcomed change as I do have fatigue and concentration issues normally. However, I am a little worried about how well I will be able to get to sleep tonight.

I can honestly say I have NO interest in eating anything - the idea turns me off completely, zero appetite. And I am a comfort eater who grazes on food throughout the evenings so for me not to want to eat right now is a completely new experience.

Having the added support from the appetite suppressant, I am hopeful and confident in my ability to lose the weight I need to. But lets see if I actually lose the weight first eh ;-)

Would love to hear more about your experiences, how much you are losing, how long it is taking etc.

Also - I was considering eating breakfast and lunch and just a snack in place of dinner because I literally dont think i can face eating. Does anyone think this is a good strategy? Tips and thoughts welcomed :)

I will update you guys on my measurements, and weight loss as I go.

Today -
Widest point of stomach - 108cm
Waist - 90cm
Chest - 106cm
Weight - 80kg
Height - 165cm
Age - 27
Dosage - 30mg

Reactions: Fatty33

Aisling

Standard Member
Mar 12, 2015
Perth
Hi everyone,

Just updating you all with my progress so far.
I just took my 3rd Duromine this morning. Over the past 2 days I have lost 2kg already!!! am super excited. Looks like reaching my goal of 10-15kg will be very achievable with Duromine!

I am struggling a little bit with side effects but I am hoping they will start to subside from today onwards as my body is getting used to the medication.

What I have noticed....
- anxious; I find myself doing deep breathing and mindfulness which is helpful.
- difficult drifting off to sleep; I do get tired at night but my mind wont shut down as easily. Last night was particularly difficult. I woke during the night and was 'wide awake' needing to go through the whole process of trying to get back to sleep
- I am talking a lot
- I am feeling emotions more intensely than normal; both positive and negative emotions
- I am hotter than usual
- I am restless
- I am unable to eat; zero appetite and when I do, I don't enjoy food. But I am enjoying this new lack of preoccupation with food.
- I feel weak, especially in the morning, due to lack of food.
- I have heart burn

But these side effects are all completely worth it considering the great weight loss I am seeing already.

Ash x

summer62

Standard Member
Mar 12, 2015
Hi Ash, well done! you are well on your way to being slim and happy. This is day 3 for me and I have lost 1 kilo so far, slight headaches, tired sometimes in the afternoon, and difficulty sleeping.
Have taken 15mg at 530 last 2 mornings so hoping this regulates my sleeping pattern.
Although I was out till 2am last night, and did sleep till 0630, so think im winning that race.
Dry mouth is better today, found chewing gum helps, didn't eat dinner last night, thought about it but had no interest in food.
I take Nexium for heartburn, you might need something to assist you with the reflux.
I do sweat when I workout, and it does have a lot more of an odour than normal.
Still have 6 kilo to go, so here's hoping that Duromine is the answer to our woes!!!
Not sure if I maybe should be on a higher dose...anyone think that it would assist in quicker weight loss?

Vicki