• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉
I h
Kyles said:
Wow!! Klaire you sure are hard on yourself, but I totally know where you are coming from, you can do it, think positive,focus on your good points too, I am sure you have plenty, sounds like you just need some positive words and encouragement ,well we are all here for you,and in a few months if you stick to what you are saying you are going to do 16 kgs will go.
I saw you replied to my blog you used to train, I got back into it after a long brk,it was hard at first now it's just routine, many times I wanted to give up, after 5 wks I am 9 kgs lighter, I feel great, I have another 8 or 9 to go, but persistence and patience and positivity my friend.
And kaylalouise is so right, everyone on here is so encouraging, this site has helped me so much, reading other ppls struggles and triumphs is a great to keep you going, and knowing you are not alone.
Good luck x
I know I do carry on at times xxx
Look forward to this Duromine journey, thank you kyles

Reactions: Melmo
Klaire said:
Today my first day, took little pill at 5 am, no side effects, still awake now tho,but I think I will drift off soon, eating was pretty good, not real hungry around breakfast but knew I had to eat something no later than an hr after gym, thought I felt like raisin toast late in afternoon,so I go spend $5 on a pkt toast two pieces two bites done, crazy, cause I never eat raisin bread any other time..lol
Dinner piece of quiche leek and spinach, with a green salad, done for the evening..
Well lights out for me..thank you BA -ann on asking how I went
And thank you ladies for your kind replies...
Yes kyls i do tend to carry on a bit...hahaha, positive thoughts as of now xx
You can just call me BA, maybe I should change it on profile. I can't wait to start, have 9 days to go until I can. I hope it all goes well and I'll def be following your progress:)

Reactions: Melmo and Klaire
Aaaaw thx Ba, seem to be going ok today, did a workout, great how much energy I have , going to book myself in for a massage if I lose a couple of kg this week!!!!

Hi Klaire, I'm Mel. Good luck on reaching your target.
Ooh I like the sound of that massage! I think I might adopt that strategy too, and reward myself when I hit my monthly goal ( which I just decided to set lol) x

Reactions: Klaire
Hi one thing I just want to say you are beautiful inside and out. It's gets my sad when I hear the "ugly" word. I have the tuck shop arms and a road map belly. Iam sure we have all got parts of the body we don't like. But just rememer we are all beautiful. I just want to wish you good luck. You are on the right track.

I am in the same boat, Klaire! I weigh pretty much the same as you (85kg) and am hoping to get down to 75kg, more would be nice too :)
My baby is 9 months old (TODAY <3 ) and I simply can't shift the weight since having her!! I start Duromine tomorrow so fingers crossed :p

Reactions: Klaire and Melmo
Welcome Ninny No :)

10 kgs you can do it!! I even bet you'll lose more :)

Melmo said:
Hi Klaire, I'm Mel. Good luck on reaching your target.
Ooh I like the sound of that massage! I think I might adopt that strategy too, and reward myself when I hit my monthly goal ( which I just decided to set lol) x
Hi Mel

I haven't weighed myself yet, but I reckon I have lost a little bit, I feel good anyway...I downloaded an app one of the kind ladies on here recommended and I luv it ( thk you kyls) and it has motivated me, was like having my own personal trainer beside me!!
Happy days ahead ,

Ninny Noo said:
I am in the same boat, Klaire! I weigh pretty much the same as you (85kg) and am hoping to get down to 75kg, more would be nice too :)
My baby is 9 months old (TODAY <3 ) and I simply can't shift the weight since having her!! I start Duromine tomorrow so fingers crossed :p
Ohhhh good luck, you will do it!!! We are all here for you xx

Hi All, I am happy to hear Duromine is working wonders for you too. I am on my 3rd week this week and the last time I weighed I lost 5 kgs, I have not weighed last week, I am going on Wednesday. Constipation is my big problem apart from dry mouth and the last week of scratchy rash all over my body ( I used allergex and it helped a big deal). I started at 85kg my goal weight is 65kg.

Hey Duro community! My name is Kristie and I am a 29 year old female who has let herself go. I've always been the voluptuous and curvaceous girl with big boobs and hourglass body with a little bulge of the tummy. I've never felt what skinny is like. I've always been in size 12-14 sized clothes and I'm currently streching into a size 16. I was at my lightest 58kg when I was 19, but for the last 5+ years have been around 70kg mark give or take 1-2kgs (with fluctuation).

I am now at my heaviest, weighing at 83kg and being 165cm high, my BMI is 30 which is classed as obese. I got the shock of my life at the doctors last week when I found out how heavy I was as I have never own my own scales (always used friends ones or my family's). I also had a blood test and found our my cholesterol and triglycerides are very high, hence my doctor's reasons for prescribing duro.

I think the reason I have piled on all this weight is because I have been battling general anxiety disorder and depression major the past 2 years from a series of horrible events. I am happier now, but I am still taking Ad's for my anxiety. I also study full time at uni studying bachelor of veterinary science, so its really full on and I don't get a lot of time to exercise properly or eat well. I am excited to start this weight loss journey, mainly for my health but mostly to restore my confidence and happy, bubbly self. I've never have wore a bikini before and I am aiming to fint into one after I have finished this course.
My doctor has given me one month's worth with an evaluation before prescription of the other 2 months worth.

I am wanting to lose 15-20kg with my goal weight being 65-60kg. Would love to be 55kg but I think this would be a bit too light for my frame. Hoping to meet like minded people and share our experiences and encouragement and support with each other as this task at hand is quite daunting. So sorry everyone that this is a essay, just needed to explain my situation. Thanks for reading! Xo

Welcome, Kristie!
It is great that you decided to drop your excess now, when you are still young and things are getting easier than when you get older. You just need to monitor your state carefully and make sure you choose the right low-calorie diet. Plus little workout would be lovely for your skin. Good luck dear!

Reactions: Kristie1585
Hi there Kate,
Thank you for your lovely reply. I am currently using my fitness pal and eating a 1200 calorie diet. I am not going to eat anything that is processed and not good for me. This week I'm going to do light exercise such as a 30 min brisk walk or jog, until I know how my body will react to being on D. I will step my exercise regime up a notch in the weeks after this one n incorporate weight training too. I think I'll be having protein shakes for recovery after my workouts. I'm so excited I have started this journey and cannot wait for the results. :)

Hey Kristie, I am in the same boat as you.. only on day 2 of 30mg today.. I am at my heaviest now (88kg, 165cm) which is more than when I was 9 months pregnant with my little girl :(

Don't you think the myfitness pal app is great? I never knew just how much food I was actually consuming or how many cal's were in some of the stuff I was consuming. I am following a 1200 cal diet now to and drinking heaps of water.. haven't really had any side effects from the duromine thankfully..

Good luck on your journey!

Reactions: Kristie1585
KylieF said:
Hey Kristie, I am in the same boat as you.. only on day 2 of 30mg today.. I am at my heaviest now (88kg, 165cm) which is more than when I was 9 months pregnant with my little girl :(

Don't you think the myfitness pal app is great? I never knew just how much food I was actually consuming or how many cal's were in some of the stuff I was consuming. I am following a 1200 cal diet now to and drinking heaps of water.. haven't really had any side effects from the duromine thankfully..

Good luck on your journey!
Hi Kylie, thanks for your reply. I love my fitness pal in conjunction with D. I've been very consistent and managing to stick to my plan. So I'm happy about that. I don't have any scales in the house so I force myself to wait until the end of the month. I have been taking a weekly photo to document my weight loss. So far I'm not sure if I have, but I am noticing my face looks more defined and my clothes fit slightly better. I've been in D for 12 days now and I'm feeling great. Although I'm not at my goal weight yet, I certainly feel less bloated and indeed a little lighter. I have a lot more energy now (except for this last week as I have had my anatomy practical exams = stress!) And more motivated to get up and move. I wish you luck in you journey and would love to keep each other posted on our experiences on this journey as we have similar stats and would be good to see our progression and be able to dupport one another when times are tough, or just to offer a vit of encouragement for motivation. We can do it :)

Thanks Kristie.. I love the myfitness pal app.. Have been sticking to it pretty consistently over the last 7 days now and find I am not missing out on any foods just cutting down my portions by a lot lol.. I don't know how you could wait for a whole month! I was barely able to wait the week to do my first weigh in but I am glad I did.. scales are showing a loss of 3kg and tape measure is showing 4cm from my tummy and 5cm from my butt so to say I am happy this morning is an understatement.. I know first week is just water weight but hey any loss is a good one in my eyes. Great idea with the photo to be honest I can't even stand to be in front of a mirror let alone a camera!

I've battled my weight my whole life, and now I'm at the point where it is affecting my health. I'm 47, mum to 3 teenagers, and I'm finding that the extra weight I've been carrying around for years is now affecting my back, knees and feet.
I'm 6ft (use to be taller by the way, but with my back problems I've shrunk), and according to the scales at my Drs today, I'm 128kg. She prescribed me the Duromine today (30mg), and I'll start taking it tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to the side-effects, if I get any, but I'm going to be positive about all of this :)
Looking forward to meeting you all and reading your success stories :)

Cheers

Reactions: Treadmeal
I start today as well. :) Weigh in this morning 92.6....been reading this forum yesterday and this morning...lots of good advice for newbies. I'm starting on 15 mg for a few days...GP advised to start small and if I feel ok to take 2 tablets after that. Look forward to sharing the journey with you.

Cheers
Leah

Reactions: Kate
welcome, and good luck your doing the right thing. This is my 2nd week on duromine and so far i have lost 2.7kg, as long as you keep up the exercise and eating well you will see some great results. Don't forget to drink plenty of water :)

Reactions: Treadmeal and Kate