• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉
Hello i started duromine one month ago...i lost 4kg in this past month. i also started to eat more healthy but not 100% on diet. aswell as exercise 3 time a week. first 2 week i didnt feel so much hungry and was very thirsty all the time but now not so much. i also still struggle to sleep at night. but i am willing to give it some more time..2nd month....i weigh 83kg now hoping to be 60kg....Good luck to all..i am on the 30 mg

Hey guys, newbie here from Australia!
I'm starting the 30 dose of duromine tomorrow an I'm very nervous. A lot have people have advised me to stay away from it, due to there bad side affects and experiences.
The #1 I'm most nervous about is the mood and temper! I'm a young mum of a 5 months old and it gets frustrating enough at times, I don't want to hurt him or anything. Just looking for some advice and positive experiences, negative even. I'm desperate to lose weight but not up to the risks.

Hi. welcome to the group. I started Duromine 5 or so weeks ago, i did have some mood changes in the 2nd week, but nothing too hectic. You wlll still be in full control of yourself, might just feel irritated quicker then normal. Dont stress about it, it doesnt last long and it will be worth it. Everyone has different experiences at different times on Duromine, i have read it makes some people really happy, so it just depends on how it effects you. I worried alot about all the side effects before i started and I have coped just fine. Duromine is my friend haha!

Good luck

I had all negative feedback too, I was scared to do it, I'm so glad I did, changed the game. :) I'm in control now. It's becoming a habit, eating well and excercising now :) it's not all easy of course, I you'll be right, 1 day at a time :)

Reactions: tarme
I'm in week 4 of 30mgs. I haven't had extreme mood changes at all but I do still like to be conscious of it as you do hear of people becoming very irritable however you don't know their circumstances - are they eating/drinking? What is the home life like to begin with?

I had been very unmotivated to exercise in the first couple of weeks of taking duromine even though I was loosing weight. I've started playing squash as hobby and honestly can say that the exercise even though it not your usual gym routine etc has improved my mood alot. Much more positive head space now so my advice is to do something doesn't have to be gym or running but just do something, make it fun :) :)

Thanks guys! Good to hear some positive feedback :)
Second day on it, my hearts racing a bit & you feel really weird but I can't wait to lose weight, and be more motivated. Loving this energy.

I think that's normal for the first few days, it's hard to describe the feeling but you just feel different. I would monitor your heart though and if it doesn't subside by the first week might be worth checking with your doc, we don't want your heart working over time.

How are you going with your eating and drinking? Are you finding you don't want to eat or even look at food?

Reactions: Melmo
Will do!
I don't feel eating as often, but after 3-4 hours I can feel the hunger.
What about you?

Sometimes I do get hungry after that 3 hr mark the other days I could probably not eat at all but I make sure I do.

Yeah same. Iv realised I smoke way more to now that I'm not snacking.
How long have you been on them now?

That probably a habit your getting into so you have something to do. When I didn't eat at all a couple of years ago through grief I was smoking alot. I don't smoke anymore.

I have just started my second month today.

There terrible worse thing to ever start. Aw sorry to hear that!
Any progress so fare? I weighed myself today hoping iv lost weight, but it's only been two days lol

I lost just under 6 kgs in my first month.

Give it time. We didn't put this weight on overnight so we're not going to lose it over night.

I am Klaire , I am fat with 16 ugly kgs hanging around me, put there by no one but myself of course, 18 mths ago, I was feeling fit and fab, now I am a mess, what happened?
I honestly just became lazy, stopped training ,and honestly didn't see the weight piling on until I was going on a holiday. Omg!! To the whitsundays, sounds beautiful right? Wrong a nightmare, I had been hiding under layers of clothes, never really thinking much of my body, thinking everything was fine.
My beautiful partner thinking I needed a break decides to book us a 4 night stay on the whitsundays, it was terrible, I didn't want to go,seeing me in shorts was a nightmare, where had these lumps come from? My arms were all flabby and my tummy was just so big and wobbly, I seriously wanted to cry...and I did,
Anyway I went on the brk, never swam, and stayed covered in a long maxi dress and sarongs,
Worst brk ever, yes i sound so ungrateful, I know but my confidence and body image is so low right now.
So today I went to the dr, I now have duromine, taking it tomorrow early morning, my start weight is 86.9 ...my goal is 74kg...
Nobody but me knows I am starting duromine, to be honest I never thought I would need it, but I need a kick start :)

Hi Klaire,

I completely understand, only I was fit and fab 4 years ago and now 40 kgs over weight.

I have booked a cruise with my bf in Feb next year and want to be as comfortable as possible. My goals is to atleast lose 20kgs by then if not be closer or at my goal weight.

I'd say most of us are somewhat secretive about taking duromine. Some people partners know, some parents know, some siblings knows and others choose not to tell anyone and that's fine. It's your personal journey and you have to do what's works for you.

I lost weight to get to my fit and fab body in the past and when talking about losing weight with people who knew I lost it last time say to me why don't you start where you start last time, so that's what I'm doing, my journey.

Let us know how you go, everyone on here is very encouraging and supportive :)

Wow!! Klaire you sure are hard on yourself, but I totally know where you are coming from, you can do it, think positive,focus on your good points too, I am sure you have plenty, sounds like you just need some positive words and encouragement ,well we are all here for you,and in a few months if you stick to what you are saying you are going to do 16 kgs will go.
I saw you replied to my blog you used to train, I got back into it after a long brk,it was hard at first now it's just routine, many times I wanted to give up, after 5 wks I am 9 kgs lighter, I feel great, I have another 8 or 9 to go, but persistence and patience and positivity my friend.
And kaylalouise is so right, everyone on here is so encouraging, this site has helped me so much, reading other ppls struggles and triumphs is a great to keep you going, and knowing you are not alone.
Good luck x

Today my first day, took little pill at 5 am, no side effects, still awake now tho,but I think I will drift off soon, eating was pretty good, not real hungry around breakfast but knew I had to eat something no later than an hr after gym, thought I felt like raisin toast late in afternoon,so I go spend $5 on a pkt toast two pieces two bites done, crazy, cause I never eat raisin bread any other time..lol
Dinner piece of quiche leek and spinach, with a green salad, done for the evening..
Well lights out for me..thank you BA -ann on asking how I went
And thank you ladies for your kind replies...
Yes kyls i do tend to carry on a bit...hahaha, positive thoughts as of now xx

Good luck
KaylaLouise said:
Hi Klaire,

I completely understand, only I was fit and fab 4 years ago and now 40 kgs over weight.

I have booked a cruise with my bf in Feb next year and want to be as comfortable as possible. My goals is to atleast lose 20kgs by then if not be closer or at my goal weight.

I'd say most of us are somewhat secretive about taking duromine. Some people partners know, some parents know, some siblings knows and others choose not to tell anyone and that's fine. It's your personal journey and you have to do what's works for you.

I lost weight to get to my fit and fab body in the past and when talking about losing weight with people who knew I lost it last time say to me why don't you start where you start last time, so that's what I'm doing, my journey.

Let us know how you go, everyone on here is very encouraging and supportive :)
Good luck on your duromine journey xx
I wish you all the best x