• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!

Can Alcohol Stop Duromine From Working?

In fact, Duromine sometimes increases bad habits, like e.g. smoking, and many users report that they can't seem to stay away from alcohol. This is one of the reasons why this medication is contraindicated in people with current or previous alcohol dependency. At that, some report of having their cravings for alcohol cut completely. Who knows how it works for you...

April said:
In fact, Duromine sometimes increases bad habits, like e.g. smoking, and many users report that they can't seem to stay away from alcohol. This is one of the reasons why this medication is contraindicated in people with current or previous alcohol dependency. At that, some report of having their cravings for alcohol cut completely. Who knows how it works for you...
Hi April. Iā€™m going to an event this Friday. Is it ok to have a glass of wine whilst taking Duromine 30mg. I am a light social drinker normally but havenā€™t had any alcohol since starting the tablets.

It is ok to have a glass of wine. I have a glass of wine (or 2) most Fri/sat, and itā€™s no different than not on duromine. Just be mindful that you have eaten recently enough for the glass of wine haha. When I first started I was eating a lot less and noticed the wine went straight to my head. I think if you are a social drinker/only on weekend or events you should have no problem, itā€™s mainly people who drink everyday/several drinks per day that (mild to severe alcohol dependence) that might have a problem.

Reactions: April
I agree with you @Foxielle that heavy drinkers should not use Duromine at all.
However, some people report of severe hangover from Duromine+alcohol combination, so my usual recommendation is to avoid it. I am glad that you have no problem with it though. Are you on Duromine now?

@April yes I am, on third month at the moment and was on it a few years ago also. I donā€™t think I have ever drank enough on Duromine to warrant a hangover haha, I think a hangover on Duromine would be pretty terrible with the increased heart rate and ease of becoming dehydrated! 2 glasses of wine is about my maximum and fine the next day. I am pretty mindful of making sure I have eaten and had plenty of water though!

Hi Iā€™m on day 2 and find the side effects terrible I had a wine last night and it helped! My question is if u drink but our still under your1200 calories for the day will you still loose weight?

thanks

hollywood said:
I have never heard that. I took phentermine for about a year several years ago, and drank quite a bit a the time. Never had issues that I know of.

Maybe I was just lucky...

did you still loose weight even with drinking?

Anna, hi. you say that side effects are horrible. what side effects do you have?

Reactions: Dre
Anna85 said:
Hi Iā€™m on day 2 and find the side effects terrible I had a wine last night and it helped! My question is if u drink but our still under your1200 calories for the day will you still loose weight?

thanks
hello Anna85
welcome to our wonderful forum!

you couldn't be in better hands sweety, April knows her stuff!
i'm always around as well if you need any advice?
or if you just need to Vent.

Hugs
Dre

Hi, Iā€™m new to Duromine (since yesterday) and this forum. Iā€™m 55, and have gained 15kg in the past 3 years. Iā€™ve always yo-yoā€™d a bit between 68-73kg (Iā€™m 166cm) but since hitting menopause last year the weight has just STUCK. I went on a very restrictive high protein, low carb, no sugar diet earlier this year and would literally cry from hunger. I hated it so much! Was relieved to let it go when Covid came, and decided sadly to just accept my heavier body.

Then someone told me about Duromine and I decided to talk to my GP about it. The conversation went like this:
Me: ā€œIā€™m menopausal and Iā€™ve literally outgrown my knickers. What do you think about Duromine?ā€
GP, looking at my weight gain graph: ā€œYep itā€™s super effective. Have 5 repeats!ā€

I started yesterday right after the appointment and I think I took it too late (11am) because my sleep last night was awful. BUT I had no urge to snack at all, and had a beautiful small-portion dinner. I did drink champagne and then read somewhere that I shouldnā€™t drink at all on Duromine. Also Iā€™m a very occasional smoker, and last night all I wanted to do was smoke! Weird.

Anyway, for the first time I feel real hope that I can shift this weight and fit into my beautiful wardrobe again! And my knickers!

Juliette said:
Hi, Iā€™m new to Duromine (since yesterday) and this forum. Iā€™m 55, and have gained 15kg in the past 3 years. Iā€™ve always yo-yoā€™d a bit between 68-73kg (Iā€™m 166cm) but since hitting menopause last year the weight has just STUCK. I went on a very restrictive high protein, low carb, no sugar diet earlier this year and would literally cry from hunger. I hated it so much! Was relieved to let it go when Covid came, and decided sadly to just accept my heavier body.

Then someone told me about Duromine and I decided to talk to my GP about it. The conversation went like this:
Me: ā€œIā€™m menopausal and Iā€™ve literally outgrown my knickers. What do you think about Duromine?ā€
GP, looking at my weight gain graph: ā€œYep itā€™s super effective. Have 5 repeats!ā€

I started yesterday right after the appointment and I think I took it too late (11am) because my sleep last night was awful. BUT I had no urge to snack at all, and had a beautiful small-portion dinner. I did drink champagne and then read somewhere that I shouldnā€™t drink at all on Duromine. Also Iā€™m a very occasional smoker, and last night all I wanted to do was smoke! Weird.

Anyway, for the first time I feel real hope that I can shift this weight and fit into my beautiful wardrobe again! And my knickers!
Hi Juliette,

I had a giggle over the conversation with the GP "outgrown the knickers" LOLOL

I'm pre-menopausal and I did the No sugar (zero, zip, zilch) for about 12 months and lost about 28kg, but then I just stop loosing it, I could not budge the remaining weigh, so went to GP, got Duromine and lost a further 10kg. I truly hated the no sugar, but it worked - now I just restrict it. (I was 147kg)

THEN, life went to hell for a while in 2019 and (including 2020) and I ate to relieve stress, and gained 14kg back. So, I started back on duromine 4 days ago. I also have a dietician who is helping.

The biggest side effect I think you will have will be dry mouth, my mouth feels like the sahara, it doesn't matter how much water I drink it just feels so parched.

Good luck and keep up posted with your results.

Cheers
Shelley

Reactions: Juliette
Hello, dear @Juliette :sun:
Welcome to the Forum!
To avoid such common side effect of Duromine, as insomnia, the capsule should be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or during breakfast.
It is not recommended to consume alcohol while you are on Duromine, because such interaction can cause certain unpleasant reactions or bounce back in the weight and loss of a weekly weight loss result :pensive:
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask here. We are always happy to help!
I wish you a successful weight loss journey!:heart:

Juliette said:

Hey Juliette,

Glad to see you on the forum. :party:
Your body has to get used to Duromine.:idea: Unfortunately, dry mouth and sleep problems are the most common things that may happen to you during the first days/week. But don't worry, the side effects should pass after this time.
BTW, how long do you plan to take the pills?

Im on 30mg and got 5 repeats! Thinking about maybe taking a couple of days off each week to catch up on sleep. I started at 85 on 14/11 and this morning (18th) I weigh 83.2! Wild!!! @4ngel @April I guess Iā€™ll stay on them til I get to my goal weight?
Also Iā€™ve been waking in the wee hours - 4am - to take it and that seems to help the sleep a little. They must have a long half life though because I can feel them in my system through the night regardless.

Also Iā€™ll post here the worst ever photo of me, taken 6/11, just to have something to compare to. Omg.
0BFE5FE2-3B98-49A5-A60E-07AE9E75C833.jpeg