• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine And Exercise

Hi there everybody..
;)
I just started my deuromine 30mg yesterday.
I am following a diet plan that is mainly a shake in the morning and then fresh fruit and veggies with some protein during rest of the day.

I broke my leg and had an ORIF operation on it dr said it would take 5 months to heal up so my activities are limited.
I know I must excersise , so I want to find out seeing that walking and jogging and all that is out of the question for me for a while, what excersises can I do?

Thanx so much to the post most of them are very inspiring!!!!;)

I'm assuming you're not in a plaster cast...Yoga? Pilates? Walking in a pool? Easy cycling? Get yourself to a physio and ask their advice.

LollyTerror said:
I'm assuming you're not in a plaster cast...Yoga? Pilates? Walking in a pool? Easy cycling? Get yourself to a physio and ask their advice.

Thank you for your advice Lolly Terror, I went to my Orthopedic surgeon and he said I can take it slow by climbing a set of stairs in a really slow pace take a slow short walk and then doing a upper body workout.

I'll try your advice to and see which works best for me thank you once again for the reply on my post it's much appreciated.

Hi all,
I've been taking duromine for 5 weeks and lost 4.5kg which I'm really happy with. I believe that a slow but steady loss is good for long term weight loss. I'm a sporty person and love a high intensity workout like a boxing class. I wear a heart rate monitor and I've noticed that my heart rate is a lot higher and I'm smashing through the calories. My heart rate is normally around 180 bpm during a class but it's been going up past 190 bpm where I'm slowing myself down to try and reduce it. I'm just wandering how high I can let it get before it's unsafe. I'm a fit healthy person who has normal stats. I've exercised a min 4 times a week for as long as I can remember. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your posts I enjoy reading them.

Congrats FeeFee (Fifi?),
I haven't worn a heart rate monitor for some of the exercise I do (squash and skating), but I did notice a couple of times being more lethargic, but I put that down to the reduced calorie intake rather than 'doing more' in the same amount of time.

Try a heart rate calculator? And good on you for working out....hard!

I'm about to start taking Duromine, Im not obese, Im just wanting to be on Duromine short term and loose around 10kgs (currently 60kgs)
My main concern/worry is the increased heart rate.
Ive been going to the gym the last few months regularly, and I usually do HIIT workouts or interval training which can get my heart rate quite high, can be up to around 190 and I sweat like crazy (which is good haha)
But when i start taking duromine and my heart rate increases, should i be doing my usual work out routine? Im worried my heart rate will get too high and something bad will happen like a heart attack. Or should i just be doing low intensity workouts.
I dont drink any coffee etc, I am 23 female.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so im completely informed before I begin.
Thanks!

I'm about to start taking Duromine, Im not obese, Im just wanting to be on Duromine short term and loose around 10kgs (currently 60kgs)
Ive been going to the gym the last few months regularly, and I usually do HIIT workouts or interval training which can get my heart rate quite high, can be up to around 190 and I sweat like crazy (which is good haha)
But when i start taking duromine and my heart rate increases, should i be doing my usual work out routine? Im worried my heart rate will get too high and something bad will happen like a heart attack. Or should i just be doing low intensity workouts.
I dont drink any coffee etc. I am female, 23 yrs old

Thanks!

I'm about to start taking Duromine, Im not obese, Im just wanting to be on Duromine short term and loose around 10kgs.
I dont drink any coffee etc.

Thanks!

I'm about to start taking Duromine, Im not obese, Im just wanting to be on Duromine short term and loose around 10kgs.
I dont drink any coffee etc.

Thanks!

Hi,
I was really suprised how much my heart rate went up while on Duromine. It's like taking party drugs and then going off to the gym. Not something I would do myself so it's a hard one. Because it's something you can by from a chemist it's seems ok to do it but really it has the same effect on your body like the raised heart rate. For this reason I would wear a heart rate monitor, if you don't have one I'd get one as they are a great way to monitor your heart rate and calories burnt which is always great motivation for next time. I pretty much stopped exercising while I was taking duromine because the kids were on school holidays and I still lost 6kg so it will still work without the exercise. With this in mind start slow and see how you feel, I felt like my lungs couldn't get enough oxygen to support how fast my heart was pumping while exercising hard so I just toned it down. I was still burning more cals. One thing I did notice was when I exercised I wanted to eat a lot more so I found it better energy in v's energy out to not exercise too hard because I then felt I needed more food to make up for it. It's all trial and error, what worked for me won't necessarily work for someone else. Give your body a chance to settle into taking the duromine as it fires your body up for a while, lack of sleep, raised heart rate, dry mouth, slight anxiety. If you focus of the food and cut that right back you will lose weight. I was taking it over the Xmas holidays where I'm camping and celebrating which is when I norm put on weight and I still lost weight. It will work if you watch what you eat.
Hope that has helped.
If you want anymore questions answered let me know.
Good luck

Fee

how much D you taking ,15mg, 30mg, or 40mg?? maybe to high for your body to handle?? ,better check with your doctor, not good if your heart rate is up or getting heart palpitations, usually meds that do not agree with your body cause heart palpitations, and caffeine but you mentioned you not drinking coffee, do u smoke, or drink cola ?or take other meds ?? be safe, go ask doc advise on this ..

Reactions: Melmo
Hi Ashleyyelhsa, I found the increase very slight, and it subsides after a few days. I did not reduce my exercise,but actually increased it. Speak to the Dr that prescribed you the Duromine, they would have taken your blood pressure and if you inform them of your exercise level they should be able to work out if there is any reason to be wary :)

Thanks guys!
Its the 15mg, I may start off slow/not much exercise and see how it goes, I havent seen many people say theyve had heaps scary experiences with the heart rate so hopefully i dont either! Just worried

If you are worried at all it would be best if you go to your DR - it's not something you want to take chances with. Good luck!
ashleyyelhsa said:
Thanks guys!
Its the 15mg, I may start off slow/not much exercise and see how it goes, I havent seen many people say theyve had heaps scary experiences with the heart rate so hopefully i dont either! Just worried[/QUO

How much diet and exercise can impact for weight loss or there is any other easy way to come in shape again. If diet and exercise plays a vital role then suggest something on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe diet is more important than exercise. If you have one piece of chocolate cake you will have to walk for 2 hours to burn those calories!
It goes hand in hand in the end, the more lean muscle you have the higher your resting metabolism - the calories you burn by just breathing without doing anything. So watch what you eat mostly and do try to do some exercises as well, even if it is just strength.

missgrace88 said:
Its 80% diet and 20% exercise :)
Agreed with this whole heartedly! Try to eat as good as you can, if you slip up, just try again with your next meal to be the best it can be, and add in as much workouts as you can do :)

Reactions: Booty
Hi Shelob, I think that diet and exercise are both important to stay healthy over the long term. What you want to be doing is losing fat but at the same time gain muscle weight- if you don't do any resistance training or exercise you risk the chance of losing muscle weight instead of fat which is not great - especially for you long term health, also make sure that you are drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. I was not a water drinker...but the more you start to drink water the more your body likes it and easier it gets (you also don't want to be losing water weight instead of fat) Cut out unhealthy processed foods and junk food (don't have to be dramatic and cut out all carbs etc) just make healthier choices and have a food diary!!! they are amazing! Don't completely deprive yourself...it is fine to have something you love every now and then...just make if a special treat and only small. Started seeing a dietician six weeks ago now...have been following all of her wonderful advice and have now lost over 9kg (97kg to 88kg...so still have a long way to go but more importantly am starting to feel Healthy...no headaches, stomach problems, feeling tired...after just six weeks which is amazing.

Reactions: Dee2017