CarlyH,

Glad to hear you've decided to be proactive about fighting the good fight with weight and beginning your journey. The first couple of days the effects of Duromine will be very obvious but it eases off a bit after a few more days so no stress. If it hits you a little too hard at first, it does get easier as you go! If the effects are ok enough, there are things you can do to make it easier and still take it. #1 tip: WATER IS YOUR FRIEND! You'll never get enough of it. Talk with your Doctor if any of the effects are too harsh and they'll help you with them so rest assured that you CAN achieve your goal.

Good luck ;)

Last edited:
Calex90 said:
The stress is killer. I tend to eat (and drink) my emotions which doesn't help. The weight has stacked on since I started practicing! Trying to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control.

PCOS = polycystic ovarian syndrome. Not uncommon, some women get it worse than others. For me I almost never get my period and am very insulin resistant. I just look at bread or chocolate or anything carby and gain weight haha. Its a double edged sword - we put on weight easier, and it is harder to lose. Very disheartening!
gosh babe that sounds awful, it must be so hard to manage. I have such a sweet tooth, which tome is the hard part as I get older sinc emy metabolism clearly died at 35 lol.

How you feeling? I am only doing one more month then Im done - I dont want to feel these side effects for much longer its making me too moody.

Andi4today said:
Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA, was feeling horrendous on Duromine and stopped for a week, after a chat with April (on here) I decided to take another shot and all is well, so far fingers crossed it stays that way
hey babe. the side effects are not for the faint hearted hey....thought to myself yesterday as I drove home whether my want to lose weight is worth it all. as in surely at some point I need to decide whether I want to go on feeling grumpy and sleeping badly. And the edginess is tough at the moment work wiwse becasue im unusually busy/stressed which is a bad bad combo being on these pills. :(

Reactions: Catherine C
So refreshing from hearing from you all! I Relate to so much of what you all write! Thank you!
So I'm 2 weeks in (I think? Life is so busy!) and I've lost 2 kilos I think, maybe a bit more.
[I'm 170cms tall, started at 86.5 kilos, now 84 point something]
I'm sticking to 1200 cals per day, and am quite healthy with my choices (aside from some red wine, which I set calories aside for). I'm walking dogs and busy with kids and work, but will increase my fitness.
I plan to remain on Duromine for another 6 weeks. My fear also is what happens after?!! Scared s*itless I will be out of control and put any weight I lose right back on, just in time for my wedding next April.
Side effects are now minimal and I'm feeling great on Duromine. It's been such an emotional relief to not to have food/weight rule every thought all day long, and be able to control my portions and cravings.
Anyway, that's where I'm at! Thanks everyone!!!!

Catherine C said:
So refreshing from hearing from you all! I Relate to so much of what you all write! Thank you!
So I'm 2 weeks in (I think? Life is so busy!) and I've lost 2 kilos I think, maybe a bit more.
[I'm 170cms tall, started at 86.5 kilos, now 84 point something]
I'm sticking to 1200 cals per day, and am quite healthy with my choices (aside from some red wine, which I set calories aside for). I'm walking dogs and busy with kids and work, but will increase my fitness.
I plan to remain on Duromine for another 6 weeks. My fear also is what happens after?!! Scared s*itless I will be out of control and put any weight I lose right back on, just in time for my wedding next April.
Side effects are now minimal and I'm feeling great on Duromine. It's been such an emotional relief to not to have food/weight rule every thought all day long, and be able to control my portions and cravings.
Anyway, that's where I'm at! Thanks everyone!!!!

All the best to you Catherine! While being on Duromine, focus on building a good eating and exercising schedule that you will manage to maintain when you finish Duromine course. Besides, you need to do something with this fear of yours. Otherwise, you will make yourself believe that once you stop Duromine you will immediately eat wrong and gain kilos… and you will… correct mindset is one of the main factors for a successful weight loss. Have a lovely weight loss journey!

Lized said:
hey babe. the side effects are not for the faint hearted hey....thought to myself yesterday as I drove home whether my want to lose weight is worth it all. as in surely at some point I need to decide whether I want to go on feeling grumpy and sleeping badly. And the edginess is tough at the moment work wiwse becasue im unusually busy/stressed which is a bad bad combo being on these pills. :(

Lized, are you losing any weight? Does your hectic lifestyle allow you any increased physical activity? At all? If I remember correctly, you don’t have that much to lose… with all these side effects…. I would suggest you work like crazy until you run out of Duromine. Seems to me, it is not a drug that you are willing to try ever again… =) Hope, you’re well!

Lavitabella said:
Hi April! The palpitations are still there but not that strong anymore (thank goodness :) )

I'm still keeping my 1200 calorie diet but i think my food choices aren't that nutritious tho. Might as well search for menus online :)

Hope you'll have a good week ahead! :)

Lavitabella, it’s been quite long time since I last heard from you. I hope you are doing really really well and will soon announce about your progress. All the best! Take care

SamBam said:
So weigh in day was this morning!
CW: 108.2
SW: 111
First mini goal: 103
Loss this week: -2.8kg!

I'm happy to see the number go down for sure! I know a lot of this loss is probably water weight etc but I'm happy regardless!

The last 3 days I had two days on the pill one day off and didn't have any terrible symptoms like the headache but I did feel somewhat tired.

I've been doing between 10000 and 15000 steps most day and trying to have active exercise at least every other day.

Next week is my anniversary and so I will be taking 2 days off the pill for that as I will want a drink to celebrate but I am going to do my absolute best to not go overboard in any of the things that I eat or drink and I know that the hotel we are staying at has a gym so u will make the effort to go there as well!

Today is my off day for the pill and then on sat/sun/mon so I can have my tues/weds off.

I also have to go for emergency dental work Monday night do you think it's fine for me to take it that morning as I'll likely be given some kind of pain killers for that?

Hi Sam! Did this week go well for you? Or you had to discontinue Duromine for good because of the side effects?

SK82 said:
Hi everyone! :)

So today is day 1 for me on 30mg. I've gained 25kg over the last 3.5 years and is at my heaviest ever!:(

A new colleague told me about Duromine and it really feels like my last resort. I've always picked up weight just my dreaming about food and struggle so much to lose anything worth mentioning.

Short background. We emigrated to NZ in Jan 2014 and I was about 80kg back then. Exercised regularly and watched what I ate. I was still classed as 'obese' but could fit into a size 14 easily and that's good enough for me.
Then life as an immigrant started.... I ended up on anti-anxiety meds and I believe that had a huge impact on my weight. I'm now just about off my meds and feel great apart from the extra weight I'm carrying! I gained 15kg in the 1st year at home, then started working and thought it would keep me from eating all the time but I just sit behind my desk 8+ hrs a day and get less exercise that ever!! And to be honest, exercising when you're this big is near impossible! I have a rowing machine but my tummy is all over the show and makes it so freaken hard.

My goal is to be at least 15kg lighter by Christmas. Ideally I want to have lost 20kg by then but will be happy with 15kg.

So far, 8hrs after taking the 1st capsule, I haven't noticed any significant side effects. I do feel pretty energised and not hungry at all. I was expecting headaches and for my mouth to be drier but I am drinking lots of water so maybe that helps.

I will post weekly updates and hope to look back on this post by December and to have exceeded my expectations!

SW 104.5
GW 80
Time to goal: 15 weeks

Hello SK82! How are you doing? It’s your weigh in day today and I am so looking forward to your first results! Fingers crossed that Duromine helps you on this hard way. Cheers!

HappyMummy37 said:
Hi everyone,

So since i have had my kids and due to some health issues my weight has been creeping up and up and up, despite eating healthy i just cant seem to shift the weight. Finally bit the bullet and thankfully the Doctor was only too happy to prescribe Duromine 30mg. I am excited with a little bit of nervousness hopefully no nasty side effects.

I am 37, 164cm and currently weigh 91kg, my goal weight is 65kg bring on tomorrow morning :)

Hello HappyMummy! How are your first days on Duromine? What about the side effects? Fingers crossed, these are minimal…

JCL said:
Thank you! Will keep going and am sure the results will eventually show :)

I guess, you stopped Duromine… Well, if you decide to get back on it or simply need a support in losing weight without Duromine, you are always welcome here. Take care

Daylan said:
Thanks Librarian! I find i go straight back to sleep after taking my pill for roughly an hour and then i get up and do stuff. I find that i start to get really hungry at 5pm and also have to exercise restraint from monstering my fridge. Water is helping and also going for a mega walk at night.
I have a habit of waking up every 2-3 hours thinking its morning, and nothing has really changed or become worse so i am cool with that.

Definitely hoping for any kind of loss this week. I see my GP on the 13th of Sept and hopefully she will permit an upgrade to 30mg. :)

Hello Tanja! So how did it go with the doctor? Did he prescribe 30 mg? What about the weight loss? Any progress?

Lized said:
gosh babe that sounds awful, it must be so hard to manage. I have such a sweet tooth, which tome is the hard part as I get older sinc emy metabolism clearly died at 35 lol.

How you feeling? I am only doing one more month then Im done - I dont want to feel these side effects for much longer its making me too moody.

I'm doing good!

First week down, 1.6kg lost. I am stoked had dry mouth but that has mostly gone. Only had issues sleeping on two nights - have been OK since. It sounds like I have been lucky on the side-effects front. However I am only on a very low dose - 15mg - so I imagine it could be quite different with anything higher!
Sounds like you're having a rough time.

I'm hoping I can keep losing weight at this rate for another few months, get rid of as much as possible!

I'm finding that already I'm not even tempted to eat shit or drink, because it would undermine what I'm trying to achieve with the Duro. Aim is to carry that mindset on once I finish taking it.

April said:
All the best to you Catherine! While being on Duromine, focus on building a good eating and exercising schedule that you will manage to maintain when you finish Duromine course. Besides, you need to do something with this fear of yours. Otherwise, you will make yourself believe that once you stop Duromine you will immediately eat wrong and gain kilos… and you will… correct mindset is one of the main factors for a successful weight loss. Have a lovely weight loss journey!
Thank you April!! Indeed I will work on this mindset of mine!!! Because you are so right!!!!

Reactions: April
Hi all... this morning I started on 15mg, I was recommended 30mg but I am rather anxious about the side effects! I'm feeling really positive now and looking forward to the journey ahead. I prepped a lot of my food yesterday for the week and I have an exercise plan in place which I started over the summer so fingers crossed!

Any recommendations to lessen any side effects?

Thanks in advance!!

Hello Briggers! Welcome to the forum and may your weight loss journey with Duromine be a very successful and pleasant one! To lessen the side effects, you need to increase our water intake and not forget to eat small healthy meals regularly. That is probably it. We shall see how it goes and best of luck to you!!!

Hi all!
Just checking in!
It’s been 4 weeks since I started... will go another 4 weeks.... and hope I’m happy with the results...
side effects all gone ... and most days feeling good! I’ve decided to banish the scale (not sure it even works properly anyway).... as I’m fitting into all my clothes now that were way too tight before but not much movement on the scale ...
walking a lot and making smart food choices.... but wine is always my downfall
Joining boot camp this week though so should work off the booze
Hope everyone is going well!!!!

Thanks! So far so good, I feel great, I've been drinking masses of water and I didn't sleep too badly last night. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: April
Catherine C said:
Hi all!
Just checking in!
It’s been 4 weeks since I started... will go another 4 weeks.... and hope I’m happy with the results...
side effects all gone ... and most days feeling good! I’ve decided to banish the scale (not sure it even works properly anyway).... as I’m fitting into all my clothes now that were way too tight before but not much movement on the scale ...
walking a lot and making smart food choices.... but wine is always my downfall
Joining boot camp this week though so should work off the booze
Hope everyone is going well!!!!

Hi Catherine! Really happy that your side effects are all gone and you can focus on further weight loss. Congrats on your results and hope you will enjoy further improvement!

Fight the wine! =))) Hope boot camp brings positive emotions and results! Fingers crossed for your success!

Hello
I've just popped the first pill!
30 mg!
Wondering if I should of started it on my day off instead of a work day
But too late now.
Let's see what the day brings.
Looking forward to be rid of this weight holding me back from enjoying life
Xxxx