Hi Lavitabella! Dropped in to see how you are doing and if you have any results on Duromine. So how is it?

Hello Sam! How are you doing? Does the plan 2 days on+1 day off Duromine work? Feeling better?

Hi mates now i am on month 2 moving crazy with daily calorie burning up to 3500 with daily meal up to 1000 calorie. Weight keep droping and all my routine exercise and meal plan are moving smooth.

Stresss and some food intolerance its normal but we have to smart to act as fast what food to consume. Basicly dont eat fried food espeacially fried chicken and buttery food. The best for you while in D is consume yogurt daily basis.

Anyone grumpy in the evenings sometimes?
Is it because I'm "hangry" ?? Find I'm a bit irratible and impatient ... after work ... kids ... messy house ... maybe because I've cut way down on wine

Catherine C said:
Anyone grumpy in the evenings sometimes?
Is it because I'm "hangry" ?? Find I'm a bit irratible and impatient ... after work ... kids ... messy house ... maybe because I've cut way down on wine
Hahaha,am also grumpy

Reactions: Catherine C
April said:
Heeey Sunshines, how are you? great week ahead! Cheers!
Hi all,
Still using duromine I have a little over a months worth left of my 3 month script. I'm now down to 64kgs. I've started going to the gym too so hopefully I'll start toning up. Hope you're all well & kicking goals!

Hi all - stumbled across this thread and it looks like a great support group!

I'm 27, not a mum but working very long hours as a lawyer (12-14hrs a day). I have been overweight my entire life, and suffer from PCOS quite badly. Right now I am the heaviest I have ever been (88kg at 160cm) and desperate to lose weight.

My GP started me on 15mg Duromine - today is the end of day 2. Already noticed im not as hungry. Dont have the abundance of energy that others have mentioned. Noticed a dry mouth and headaches today, have drunk loads of water.

I've also downloaded a calorie counter and have bought a bike to ride to work every day which will get me about 45 mins of exercise. Hoping to get a good kick start with the Duro and then maintain the loss through good habits!

Calex90 said:
Hi all - stumbled across this thread and it looks like a great support group!

I'm 27, not a mum but working very long hours as a lawyer (12-14hrs a day). I have been overweight my entire life, and suffer from PCOS quite badly. Right now I am the heaviest I have ever been (88kg at 160cm) and desperate to lose weight.

My GP started me on 15mg Duromine - today is the end of day 2. Already noticed im not as hungry. Dont have the abundance of energy that others have mentioned. Noticed a dry mouth and headaches today, have drunk loads of water.

I've also downloaded a calorie counter and have bought a bike to ride to work every day which will get me about 45 mins of exercise. Hoping to get a good kick start with the Duro and then maintain the loss through good habits!
Hi there

Im also a lawyer! So totally understand the hours.... And the stress. I downloaded MyFitnessPal app and its AWESOME it has almost everything you an imagine on there so its easy to track calories and it even reminds you to logg meals when youve forgotten.

Sorry if this is blonde of me, but what is PCOS?

Let me know how youre feeling and good luck!

Reactions: Catherine C
Wow wow wow! Sunshines, you’ve been hiding from us how good you are doing… naughty! =)) Just one kilogram lost until your final goal weight!!! Congratulations! That’s the way to go! Wish you amazing results in the gym and lots of shopping! =))

Congratulations Master R on your results and the fact that you found a weight loss program that works so well for you! Keep up the good work!

Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA, was feeling horrendous on Duromine and stopped for a week, after a chat with April (on here) I decided to take another shot and all is well, so far fingers crossed it stays that way

Lized said:
Hi there

Im also a lawyer! So totally understand the hours.... And the stress. I downloaded MyFitnessPal app and its AWESOME it has almost everything you an imagine on there so its easy to track calories and it even reminds you to logg meals when youve forgotten.

Sorry if this is blonde of me, but what is PCOS?

Let me know how youre feeling and good luck!

The stress is killer. I tend to eat (and drink) my emotions which doesn't help. The weight has stacked on since I started practicing! Trying to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control.

PCOS = polycystic ovarian syndrome. Not uncommon, some women get it worse than others. For me I almost never get my period and am very insulin resistant. I just look at bread or chocolate or anything carby and gain weight haha. Its a double edged sword - we put on weight easier, and it is harder to lose. Very disheartening!

Feeling a bit flat and hungry today fingers crossed for a better tomorrow

Thanks for asking @April, can I ask what's your story?

Andi4today said:
Feeling a bit flat and hungry today fingers crossed for a better tomorrow

Thanks for asking @April, can I ask what's your story?

Glad to hear from you! When you say that you feel hungry, what exactly do you mean? is it like "I just had a 350-calories meal and in 15 minutes feel hungry again"? Or.. "I felt hungry in the morning, in the middle of the day and in the evening and couldn't get full no matter how much i ate?" or... "I felt hungry 3 -5 times a day and felt full from a small portion of food"?

did you eat a decent amount of food? did you drink a good amount of water (I know, it's a bit of a problem for you)?

as for my story... I have it written here on the forum, so, if you don't mind, i will copypaste it, ok?

My story is I gave birth to my first daughter when I was 23. I gained 13 kilos then, and managed to lose 9 within a year after giving birth, so it was +4 and in the next year I gained 3 more. So, by the time I got pregnant for the second time 2 years later, I was 7-8 kilos heavier than my perfect weight (58-60 kilos, height 168. Heavy bones =))) but I look my best at 60 kg). During the second pregnancy, I gained a horrible amount of kilos – 20. I had back issues, so wasn’t really moving that much, had enough things to do with the younger daughter and house chores. So the weight I came home with, when giving birth for the second time, was 86 kg. 5 kilos built up during the year after birth, because the back was still giving me pain, and my younger girl slept soooo badly. I was literally falling from tiredness. Of course, where was I supposed to take the energy from? Right – the food. I realized what I did to myself when we were invited to a friend’s birthday party and I could not fit into anything I had, nor could I find any clothes that would look nice on me. I got on scales… and cried 3 days in a row. I just couldn’t stop crying. I was seriously depressed… both because of realizing how much I gained without noticing and, of course, the constant tiredness. 6 months I lived in a crazy house. Then, all of a sudden my precious girl started sleeping the whole night long. The first night I slept without waking up was, probably the best thing for me back then.;)) It took me a month to get back to normal condition and start thinking of a good weight loss plan. Of course, the “best idea” was to try a diet, then another, and another. 6 months later my weight was the same. Again, the idea of developing a good weight loss plan came to me, and I started searching, gathering information, visiting some seminars. I knew I couldn’t resist the temptations, so I asked my doctor for Duromine. It was a three months course + dieting + exercising. One year later, I got to my initial weight and I am maintaining it up till now, for 5 years already. The experience also helped me change my profession and become a personal trainer and a healthy eating adviser. =)) that’s my weight loss story.

April said:
Glad to hear from you! When you say that you feel hungry, what exactly do you mean? is it like "I just had a 350-calories meal and in 15 minutes feel hungry again"? Or.. "I felt hungry in the morning, in the middle of the day and in the evening and couldn't get full no matter how much i ate?" or... "I felt hungry 3 -5 times a day and felt full from a small portion of food"?

did you eat a decent amount of food? did you drink a good amount of water (I know, it's a bit of a problem for you)?

as for my story... I have it written here on the forum, so, if you don't mind, i will copypaste it, ok?

My story is I gave birth to my first daughter when I was 23. I gained 13 kilos then, and managed to lose 9 within a year after giving birth, so it was +4 and in the next year I gained 3 more. So, by the time I got pregnant for the second time 2 years later, I was 7-8 kilos heavier than my perfect weight (58-60 kilos, height 168. Heavy bones =))) but I look my best at 60 kg). During the second pregnancy, I gained a horrible amount of kilos – 20. I had back issues, so wasn’t really moving that much, had enough things to do with the younger daughter and house chores. So the weight I came home with, when giving birth for the second time, was 86 kg. 5 kilos built up during the year after birth, because the back was still giving me pain, and my younger girl slept soooo badly. I was literally falling from tiredness. Of course, where was I supposed to take the energy from? Right – the food. I realized what I did to myself when we were invited to a friend’s birthday party and I could not fit into anything I had, nor could I find any clothes that would look nice on me. I got on scales… and cried 3 days in a row. I just couldn’t stop crying. I was seriously depressed… both because of realizing how much I gained without noticing and, of course, the constant tiredness. 6 months I lived in a crazy house. Then, all of a sudden my precious girl started sleeping the whole night long. The first night I slept without waking up was, probably the best thing for me back then.;)) It took me a month to get back to normal condition and start thinking of a good weight loss plan. Of course, the “best idea” was to try a diet, then another, and another. 6 months later my weight was the same. Again, the idea of developing a good weight loss plan came to me, and I started searching, gathering information, visiting some seminars. I knew I couldn’t resist the temptations, so I asked my doctor for Duromine. It was a three months course + dieting + exercising. One year later, I got to my initial weight and I am maintaining it up till now, for 5 years already. The experience also helped me change my profession and become a personal trainer and a healthy eating adviser. =)) that’s my weight loss story.
Hi April,
Firstly thank you for being a great staff member! Even in many other forums you've been encouraging and welcoming of questions.
You mentioned that you have maintained your weight for 5 year which is amazing. But I've heard that maintaining your weight after going off Duromine is the hardest part. Could you please tell how you managed this without gaining everything you lost.
Thanks!

MeeMee said:
Hi April,
Firstly thank you for being a great staff member! Even in many other forums you've been encouraging and welcoming of questions.
You mentioned that you have maintained your weight for 5 year which is amazing. But I've heard that maintaining your weight after going off Duromine is the hardest part. Could you please tell how you managed this without gaining everything you lost.
Thanks!

Hello MeeMee, thank you for the nice words. I am trying my best (yet I am sure I can be really annoying =(( ). However, hope I do help at least someone on this difficult way.

As for my weight maintenance... I have to admit that I am probably on the lucky side, because I never was overweight before the pregnancies and I didn’t really have to do anything for this (at least I thought so. Guess, I was simply young + vegetable lover + fast food hater + active). Duromine simply helped me take myself in hands and bring my life into order. The main thing for me was the scheduled life. During the last month on Duromine, I focused mainly on:

1. getting my body used to receiving food at the same time every day
  2. sleeping properly
  3. being physically active every day and alternating higher cardio/strength activity at least 4 days a week
I don’t say that I have completely excluded everything bad from my life. BUT, I got myself out of sugar addiction and now my sweets come in only on holidays in veeery moderate amounts, because I just don’t feel like having them (they seem too sweet). In fact, I eat all the bad stuff ONLY on holidays, if it is not possible to avoid it. I am not going crazy over nutrition, because I know that restrictions are our worst enemies – they make us desire the foods we try to avoid even stronger than we used to. What you need now is a serious mind switch – make yourself realize that you must love your body and only give it the best: best healthy food, best water, best activity level.

Hi everyone,

So since i have had my kids and due to some health issues my weight has been creeping up and up and up, despite eating healthy i just cant seem to shift the weight. Finally bit the bullet and thankfully the Doctor was only too happy to prescribe Duromine 30mg. I am excited with a little bit of nervousness hopefully no nasty side effects.

I am 37, 164cm and currently weigh 91kg, my goal weight is 65kg bring on tomorrow morning :)

Reactions: IWantToBeHappy