Hi Tanja! How is it going today? Still feeling hungrier than usual?

Hi Lavitabella! How is it going? Did you manage to find your perfect menu? what about the palpitations? All gone?

April said:
Hi Tanja! How is it going today? Still feeling hungrier than usual?

Hi April, thank you for asking :)

Not really "hungry-hungry", though i have noticed I am eating a bit more. Drinking plenty of water but I have noticed today that coffee and duromine are a no-go. I dont feel hyper as such, just a bit dizzy with an upset stomach. I am about to do another 8km hike and still sorting out my eating plan ( i think this is a work in progress ). No weight loss as yet, a bit fluid-y, but I am expecting that as my body is very stubborn. Still sleeping the same so that is okay. Crashing at about 11pm, whereas I never could get to sleep easily before. I am thinking of taking up Daisyflowers suggestion of taking the pill later at around 8-9am, as 5 am I am not noticing any energy surge ( i usually go back to sleep after ).

Cheers,

Tanja

Hi guys good to hear your sucess storys! im wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what doctorin the goldcoast perscribes it? would be very much appreciated thanks!!

Megz2017 said:
Hi guys good to hear your sucess storys! im wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what doctorin the goldcoast perscribes it? would be very much appreciated thanks!!
Im in sunny Melbourne, so ive no idea but i do hope you find one!

♡ Tanja

Daylan I find my pill takes about a hour to work before I want to get out of bed. Often I take it (30 mg now, I started on 15) when I get up to use the bathroom then go back to bed for a while. For me it lasts pretty much all day, I have to exercise a bit of control at dinner time with food portions and then close the kitchen for the day and crash in front of the TV for the evening. I get to sleep much easier than I used to - maybe that is the extra exercise I'm doing! - but I'm still restless at night, I always was so I'm used to that. But I think everyone responds differently and you have to find what works for you.

Reactions: Daylan
Thanks Librarian! I find i go straight back to sleep after taking my pill for roughly an hour and then i get up and do stuff. I find that i start to get really hungry at 5pm and also have to exercise restraint from monstering my fridge. Water is helping and also going for a mega walk at night.
I have a habit of waking up every 2-3 hours thinking its morning, and nothing has really changed or become worse so i am cool with that.

Definitely hoping for any kind of loss this week. I see my GP on the 13th of Sept and hopefully she will permit an upgrade to 30mg. :)

Hi! I'm on my first day 40mg and I am looking for someone who has also just started to chat to etc.
I'm 30 with 2 kids and thought it would be cool to have a "duromine buddy" to share the journey with!

Hello Traceo, I started on 30mg today it's my first time trying duromine.
I also have 2 children and I'm 34. A "duromine buddy" sounds like a great idea!

Reactions: Indi and Traceo
Hahaha @Traceo what a great idea, a duromine/weight loss buddy .. I'm single mum to four delightful spawn

Reactions: Indi and Traceo
@Dee477 how are you finding it so far? I've only been on for almost a week (this time). Hope you get great results

Dani83 said:
Hello Traceo, I started on 30mg today it's my first time trying duromine.
I also have 2 children and I'm 34. A "duromine buddy" sounds like a great idea!
It's my first time too! I had THE WORST sleep...if u can even call it sleep! How are you finding it???

Andi4today said:
Hahaha @Traceo what a great idea, a duromine/weight loss buddy .. I'm single mum to four delightful spawn
Yay duromine buddies lol I wasn't sure if anyone would reply. The forum seems a bit dead apart from people wanting to buy it online lol

Reactions: Andi4today
Hi Traceo - I just started yesterday..
I am really forcing myself to eat something. How about you?

I started on Tuesday. I'm a 35 yr old mum of one toddler.. was happy with my body pre baby, but stacked on a lot of weight during pregnancy and even more after (breastfeeding did not shed the baby weight) so now that my boobs are no longer needed to feed my little one I'm hoping to regain my pre baby body back.. I have so many clothes stashed away I can't wait to get back into and I refuse to buy any more 'fat clothes'. Looking to lose 20-25kgs or just fit back into my old clothes :) I am taking 15mg atm and find I'm still hungry but trying to limit my food intake as I binge/emotional eat a lot. I think I'm addicted to food so hoping to break the constant thinking about food. Am looking at doing up a monthly meal plan, that way I only think of food while writing one up and organising the shopping lists, then I don't have to think about food daily?? Sorry I'm rambling . Lovely to meet u all and I hope we can all achieve what we are after in this duromine journey

@Traceo how are you doing today? Any side effect?

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Ladies!! Finally a chat group that actually has some people CHATTING on it! This site is so quiet!

Ok so this is me: divorced mom of 2, boy (6) and girl (7)....yes 20 months age gap EEK *lol* turning 36 in November - WHY OH WHY???? - who is just tired of having to starve myself to lose just a little bit of weight. I guess you can say I dont have a great body image - I make myself very very unhappy when I dont feel good about my weight and it affects all other areas of my life when I get this miserable - but I just hate having to scratch through piles of awesome work clothes etc every morning which I cant squeeze into anymore yet refuse to throw out because I still love them, etc. So I just want to feel better about myself again. I also tend to comfort eat and I have a petite bone structure which means aevery single ounce of weight I gain shows immediately - my mother is the first to point this ou tto me lol.

So I joined the forum when I started on 30mg in July 2017. I was very worried about possible side effects, so I walked around with the script in my handbag for probably 2 months before actually going to the chemist. Also wanted to wean myself of anxiety meds - which I had been on for over 2 years as opposed to "just temporary" as initially intended (started shortly after my divorce because I was really struggling to cope alone with two small kids, one of which has ADHD and a manipulating ex husband on the side line). I was on the 30mg for about 3/4 weeks with a day off here and there (usually over a weekend) but I had a REALLY REALLY hectic time that same month with my ex husband, my daughter having issues at school, money worries etc so I just couldn't handle the "extra" anxiety - plus the lack of sleep was INSANE on top of an already exhausting life.

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY I dont regard myself as a big drinker, but hey every girl needs a glass of Merlot now and then especially when you finally get to sit and catch up with a friend, but oh my what a bad idea when you're one these pills..... trust me, if you are even remotely considering having a glass of wine (or two) now and then I can tell from personal experience NOT TO. You will feel just awful the next day - whatever is in the pill really really doesnt want you mixing alcohol with it ever regardless of how little.

Im generally quite a bad sleeper and can get quite anxious WITHOUT the meds - I am a worrrier I know, I know - so I'm still struggling with those two side effects. I am awake at 3am EVERY night - drink some water, wee for the 146th time for the day and then kinda snooze again till just before 5am. By 5 not even a tranquiliser could get me to sleep more, not that I've tried that! So I just get up and keep myself busy.

But this time round I am havign a lot more water and I can definitely say it helps. Not the sleep part *sigh* but most definitely less anxious.

How's everyone else doing? Do you gals have a weigh in day or are you taking measurements instead? I havent weighed yet - feeling bit bloated so dont want to demotivate myself. Gonna try and go by how my clothes fit for now.

xx

OMG @Lized you'd be amazed at how similar our stories are! Single mums, bad body image, comfort eaters, stress and toxic exes!

Could you possibly ask Dr for something to help sleep? Melatonin is quite safe, not cheap though. Also, I'd recommend a vitamin B complex - its supposed to help with anxiety/stress & energy/metabolism I'd end up on a killing spree if I wasn't getting a decent sleep every so often!

I think thats the best tell, clothes; because if your clothes fit differently then its real progress and progress you can see! I think I might try weighing every week or two, long enough space that I hope to see a change on the scale every time *fingers crossed* I dont measure, never really got how and where you do it, lol - I think it would be neat to know but I can't be f****d.

Lized said:
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Ladies!! Finally a chat group that actually has some people CHATTING on it! This site is so quiet!

Ok so this is me: divorced mom of 2, boy (6) and girl (7)....yes 20 months age gap EEK *lol* turning 36 in November - WHY OH WHY???? - who is just tired of having to starve myself to lose just a little bit of weight. I guess you can say I dont have a great body image - I make myself very very unhappy when I dont feel good about my weight and it affects all other areas of my life when I get this miserable - but I just hate having to scratch through piles of awesome work clothes etc every morning which I cant squeeze into anymore yet refuse to throw out because I still love them, etc. So I just want to feel better about myself again. I also tend to comfort eat and I have a petite bone structure which means aevery single ounce of weight I gain shows immediately - my mother is the first to point this ou tto me lol.

So I joined the forum when I started on 30mg in July 2017. I was very worried about possible side effects, so I walked around with the script in my handbag for probably 2 months before actually going to the chemist. Also wanted to wean myself of anxiety meds - which I had been on for over 2 years as opposed to "just temporary" as initially intended (started shortly after my divorce because I was really struggling to cope alone with two small kids, one of which has ADHD and a manipulating ex husband on the side line). I was on the 30mg for about 3/4 weeks with a day off here and there (usually over a weekend) but I had a REALLY REALLY hectic time that same month with my ex husband, my daughter having issues at school, money worries etc so I just couldn't handle the "extra" anxiety - plus the lack of sleep was INSANE on top of an already exhausting life.

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY I dont regard myself as a big drinker, but hey every girl needs a glass of Merlot now and then especially when you finally get to sit and catch up with a friend, but oh my what a bad idea when you're one these pills..... trust me, if you are even remotely considering having a glass of wine (or two) now and then I can tell from personal experience NOT TO. You will feel just awful the next day - whatever is in the pill really really doesnt want you mixing alcohol with it ever regardless of how little.

Im generally quite a bad sleeper and can get quite anxious WITHOUT the meds - I am a worrrier I know, I know - so I'm still struggling with those two side effects. I am awake at 3am EVERY night - drink some water, wee for the 146th time for the day and then kinda snooze again till just before 5am. By 5 not even a tranquiliser could get me to sleep more, not that I've tried that! So I just get up and keep myself busy.

But this time round I am havign a lot more water and I can definitely say it helps. Not the sleep part *sigh* but most definitely less anxious.

How's everyone else doing? Do you gals have a weigh in day or are you taking measurements instead? I havent weighed yet - feeling bit bloated so dont want to demotivate myself. Gonna try and go by how my clothes fit for now.

xx
Hi there!
Thank you for your awesome post, so much resonated with me.... about to turn 40 (omg)
Traumatic childhood, not much family, dumped by my husband 18 months ago.... A 6 and 9 year old, work full time .... and I rely on food and wine way too much to keep me going. Sad ...
so starting Duromine tomorrow and hoping to start losing some Weight and feeling good again.... (170cms and 86 kilos yuck)
Time to feel and look good again! Have anxiety big time... hope I can cope !

Hi @Catherine C .. Good luck, let us know how you feel tomorrow - first few days can be an adjustment, just try to take it early in the morning and drink lots of water

Reactions: Catherine C