• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Lack Of Sleep. Tips To Improve Your Sleep - [UPDATED 2021]

Nalanda said:
Hello guys!

I'm taking duramine 30 mg and today is my 5 th day.. I have lost around 2 kgs so far!

But the last 5 days I have hardly got more than a couple of hours of sleep!!! Today I am feeling extreme weakness and having blackouts!! Also my mood has gone for a six! I'm cranky and depressed... Has anyone felt like this? Any suggestions???

Try the 15 mls it doesn't keep you up And you still can feel hungry. You are probably not eating enough which is making you hungry. For this to work long term you have to eat but change to healthier eating as this stuff helps fight the cravings ( mine was pasta big portions). Otherwise you will see the weight loss but make everyone around you hate you so what's the point! Take care and remember to eat. You will still loose weight, just snack and eat good portions. :) v

Hello Nalanda, congratulations on the weight loss, it is very good for 5 days;)

When I started on Duromine I got terribly moody, but it got better after the first week. I also find that drinking lots and lots of water does help - and you should remember to eat small regular meals so your blood sugar does not drop. What I did in the beginning was to skip a day here and there, and it also helped with the moodiness.

I really hope you feel better soon:)

Thanks guys!!! I'm eating multiple small meals a day now... I guess all the side effects have subsided... I do tend to wake up in the night but am able to fall back to sleep... But the rate of my weight loss is pretty slow I guess! In the last 2 weeks I have lost around 3 kgs?

All losses are good losses!!! It's going the right way and your eating so all good :)

tips-to-improve-your-sleep.jpg

Lack of sleep is common for Duromine users. Here are some tips from me:

1. Make sure you take the pill at the same time daily. If you start taking at 6.00 a.m. then do this every day. This will teach your body to spread the energy evenly throughout a day.

2. Your daily activity should be higher than ever, because when you are tired (physically) you sleep better. That's a fact.

3. Drink more water. Lots of users say it really helps.

4. Take 4-6 meals per day. I'm not joking. When you lose weight, your body still needs to get all the nutrients for living. Just make small main meals and a couple of snacks in between.

5. Spend less time in your bedroom (I don't know if you do or not, just a tip). The point is that your bedroom should be used only for sleeping, never work or spend time in it.

6. Before you go to bed in the evening, air the room.

7. Before sleep, take a glass of warm milk or a sedative tincture (herbal based - for example Passiflora), helped me. Just a couple of teaspoons.

8. Read a book instead of TV or computer at least an hour before you are going to bed. It has been proven that TV and computer makes your body agitated, therefore you cannot fall asleep for some time.

9. Make sure your last meal was at least 2 hours before sleep.

10. Take a walk in the evening. Not too late though, we don't need troubles, do we?

Besides, if you can't exercise for any reason, a 30-40 minute walk helps to lose those extra calories and burn fat. This will help you lose weight faster. Proven))

I hope at least one of these tips will help someone of you guys!
Stay healthy and be honest with yourself! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's day 3 for me on the last two days I have eaten 2 subways salad wraps, this morning I decided not to take my duromine just in the hopes that tonight I can get some sleep, I'm a single mother of 2 little girls and I'm finding the sleep depervation just a little to much to handle right now, I'm just going to eat healthy today and tonight hoperfuly get a good nights sleep then I will take another one tomorrow, has anyone else found it hard with the lack of sleep ?

Last edited:
So sorry to hear you are struggling.
I am managing 3 - 4 hours of sleep each night, but it is not bothering me at all.
I still have plenty of energy and, during the day, it is like I had my full eight hours.
Maybe you need to be on a lower dose or alternate the Duromine one day on, one day off. My Dr has suggested this is one way of taking them.
I know how hard it is to function with little ones. Thankfully, I am well past that now.

Hi, I what I wouldn't give for 3-4hrs sleep right now. I didn't take the duromine today so maybe I shall get some sleep tonight I hope. I know what you mean about not feeling tired I don't find myself feeling tired but I do find myself feeling scattered and forgetful, I'll try again tomorrow with the duromine but even though I didn't take it today I still don't feel hungry I forced myself to eat a banana this morning and that is all I have had so far. But if I find it to much I think I'll try every second day like you said.

Reactions: Smick
Your body will need time to adjust to the Duromine, so it should get better after the first week. Try taking it as early as possible, even if you have to set your alarm clock to take the pill and then go back to sleep again.

Thanks, I set my alarm for 6am take it and usually go back to sleep until 7. Skipping my pill yesterday wastage right descision I think because I had a great nights sleep :)

A good night's sleep is bliss:laughing: Hope you feel motivated again!

Good 8hrs sleep was pure bliss, now just to hope I can get a few hours tonight, am motivated never lost the motivation even when I decided to not take my duromine yesterday I still ate healthy a banana, yougart and a salad. I plan on sticking to it, it's a chance to learn healthy habits :)

Just curious is there any harm in taking a natural sleeping aid while on D
Would appreciate feedback
:)

Hi Kyles. I would be cautious of prescription ones, maybe rather check with a pharmacist first, but can't see natural sleeping aids doing any harm. We all need a good night's zzzzzzzzz:p

Reactions: Kyles
Audrey3 said:
Hi Kyles. I would be cautious of prescription ones, maybe rather check with a pharmacist first, but can't see natural sleeping aids doing any harm. We all need a good night's zzzzzzzzz:p
Thank you
Last night finally got some sleep, got up at 4am took tablet, hahaha so I was tired and in bed by 10, which is a late nite for me, but I woke again at 530, see how I go tonight

Dear all. I am still not slping at this timing. The pill keep me awake the whole time. Guess I ate it after lunch that was Why I encountered sleepless night. I will eat earlier in the day and see how it goes tmr. Am really happy to chance upon this forum. Can I Still lose Weight Just by cutting down on diet and not exercise? i have lost 9kg from dieting and exercising last 6 mths. Then i began eating carbs and no longer losing any weight. now with duromine, I hope to lose 15 more kg. I need to lose 15 more kgs for my wedding shoot in first week of oct. Am I in time? Thanks :)

yes you have time, i hope you don't continue to have to many sleepless nights. ts possible to lose weight on duramine and not exercise so long as you are eating right, this is my 3 day and im sure i have lost weight already

Thanks! Let's work hard to shed the extra pounds away. I'm sure with determination, nothing is too difficult! I will weigh in again in a week's time. Hopefully I can sleep tonight.

Reactions: Typical_Jules