• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
I have have started logging on my fitness pal too. Mainly weight loss and exercise for a rough idea, I'm not weighing my food so not really logging that as it wouldn't be accurate. Feel free to add me if you want, same user name.

I found the first 2 weeks I was fairly negative, I guess I was desperate for it to work I was so worried it wouldn't. Even after my first loss of 3.2kgs I was sure that I'd either put it back on or not lose anymore. Week 2 I only lost 300 grams but it took me to 3.5kgs and that was exciting. Then I was determined to get to 5kgs. Sounds so much better to say to someone then 3.5kgs. The last 2 weeks my head space was a lot better. I think it's very easy for us to get a little too caught up in this weight loss journey. As long as your eating enough, drinking enough water and moving I'm sure you will lose some weight. It's all we can do, there is so much going on in our body's that you just have to focus on the thing you have the power to change and not stress/obsess over things you can't.

Reactions: Debbie74 and Melmo
Im weighing every morning partly because i'm curious about water weight. But I will be happy with whatever loss I get as long as I have a loss. I have tried long and hard to lose this weight and I feel like this is my chance to do it :) I have to admit I am weighing every morsel of food and exercising a well, but only because once I drop some of this weigh I will be able to move more and then stay active and not have to think about the kJ value of everything down to the lettuce on my salad wrap. I must seem obsessive but my aim is to get this done then maintain it, and i wanna do everything in my power to help me get there. even if it means weighing a piece of meat like i did tonight before i made dinner lol. x

I completely understand and I weighed my food when I lost weight a few years back. Real eye opener to what portion sizes really are. I don't think it's obsessive, I think your preparing yourself :)

Hopefully they'll never have to learnt this lesson and by you equipping yourself with the right tools and experiences the won't have to :) so whilst they may think mums gone a little kookoo it'll benefit them in the end :)

Reactions: Melmo
Hi Kayla.. Congrats on your loss. I'm so proud of you and I'm sure you feel pretty amazing... Keep up the good work!!! I've decided to go back on 30mg seeing that its my last month on Duromine starting on the 28th.. Feeling kinda nervous, hoping I won't experience the same side effects as in month 1... Will keep you posted.. And chat to you soon..

Are you going down to 30 or up to 30? That's one of the the reason I stayed on the same dosage as it is working and I don't have bad side effects but saying that I found it a little hard to get to sleep last night and woke up during the night and found it hard to go back to sleep. Maybe it was just a coincidence that I start my second packet yesterday.

I really want to reach my next goal but it's only just dawned on me that I lost half of the weight I lost in the first week so I really need to start moving more to get anywhere close to my 2nd mini goal

I started with 30mg my first month and was not able to sleep for the whole month. I'm on 15mg now on my second month and I'm able to sleep, feel good, but the weight is coming off to slow so I decided going back on the 30mg for my 3rd month starting the 28th.... seeing that I got better results on the 30mg... I wanna be under 80kg so bad....

Hopefully your body is a little more used to the higher dosage now having been on duromine for 2 months. Will have to keep us updated in how you go.

Little yay moment for me, my boss just made comment that it looks like I've lost some weight :rolleyes:

Yay for you.... I remember how I felt when people started noticing me losing weight... Its an amazing feeling...

I will definitely keep you posted.. Hope I lost something this week... Weigh in on Thursday for me...

I lost 2.2kg in the first week with super healthy eating but minimal exercise but im up and about all day long running all around the city. I was a little disappointed. Seen so many people lose 5-6kg in the first week but then I need to remember that everyone loses weight differently. For example the more you have to lose, the more you lose initially. Going to push myself even more this week. I am so busy unfortunately with uni and whatnot so I am hoping I have an hour or so to exercise... For example today I had uni so I had about 20 mins of power walking to and from everywhere and am constantly running up and down stairs...

What are some pieces of advice anyone has for how to increase weight loss? Really scared, I would love to lose like 6-7kg in the first month but im not too sure. Also, does anyone find that when they take duromine in the morning by about 8pm their apetite starts to increase?

Hi JoanneN, I am on my second week. My week 1 loss was 2.3kg, I saw my dr today and actually mentioned to her that I thought I hadn't had a great loss in comparison to others. She told me that would have been what she expected for a first week loss and more than that wouldn't be considered healthy. She also said its less after the first week but that a sustainable and healthy loss is under 1kg a week. There is a risk with very rapid weight loss of losing lean muscle instead of fat. Just keep doing what youre doing and you will get where you want to be. Every loss is a loss, and every loss is a win :) x

Reactions: kazzbah
The more you weigh the more you loose in the first week I have noticed, at 79 kilo a 2.2 first week loss is good!

@Melmo you are very right. Its what my mum keeps saying to me. In general I am shorter and have a smaller frame, but most of my unwated weight hibernates around the bottom half of my body so it takes time to shed that. half way through my second week and lost almost another kg. Started intense cardio training today and will continue this so hope it makes a difference. Good luck everyone!

Hi all.

I just wanted to talk about the other benefits I'm experiencing besides the amazing weight loss.

I've only been on Duromine for just under 3 weeks with a loss of almost 5kg. I was hoping to drop 1kg a week so I'm happy with the 5 in 3!

For me, this experience is so much more than the weight loss. It's the psychological side of things regarding food. I love that I don't think 24/7 about food anymore. I used to wake up and think about what I was going to have for dinner!!!
In only 3 weeks, I have no interest in food. Yes, of course I'm eating, but not obsessing. Also I'm not worried about what I eat. I was going through the low carb faze before this, and it was doing my head in! I am teaching myself to not be scared of food, and if I eat bread or chocolate.... so what!!! I'm not saying I'm eating that all the time... I'm hardly eating at all!! I'm just happy to be "normal" and live life and not stress and think about food all the time.

This is the best thing I have done for myself regarding weight loss, mentally and physically. :laughing:

Thats so true. Im on my 2nd week now. Over the weekend, I had some a woolies cup cake as my treat. Felt soooooo guilty. Lol but as u said, one can treat, we on duromine, sooooo surely it doesnt matte lmao

its my second day on it and I am loving the feeling of not thinking of food all the time. :laughing:

Reached my first mini goal of losing 5kg in 3 weeks!!!!!

And did a little cheat and weighed myself this morning to see that 2 days into my 4th week, i lost another 0.7kg!!! WOOO! i wanted to lose 6-7kg in the first month and looks like im not too far away!