• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

What Are People Eating Whilst On Duromine!

• Thread starter christyheathcote
  • Start date
C

christyheathcote

Standard Member
Jan 19, 2014
i eat fruit though the day when i get hungry and a meat and veg for tea is this ok or should i be eating something else though the day as well

Hi Christy,
Its important to make sure you diet is still balanced. Remember the tablets only stop you from feeling hungry, they don't replace the need to eat.
For me I have a very lite breakfast, (fruit, yoghurt or the like), I make myself eat some nuts for morning/afternoon tea, I have fruit salad or regular salad for lunch and then I have a small portion of whatever the family are having for dinner. What I have found is that I don't feel hunger but I know when I am empty. When I feel like that I eat something but it only takes a small amount to stop that empty feeling. I also drink lots of water. Duromine gives me a dry mouth (the only side effect I am having) so the desire to drink is always there but water will also help with the keeping you hydrated and regular.
Hope this helps in someway.
jDad

I agree with jDad, your body still needs all the essntial nutrients, fat, protein even carbs. Just in small amount in your case, since you don't want to gain extra weight, on contrary - lose it. ;)
When you lose weight - you lose fat tissue, but if you don't eat enough protein - your muscles suffer, because proteins build muscles all over our body. Carbs are necessary for energy and fats bring us fatty acids, tryglycerides that also serve for energy.
You're doing right - fruit, veggies, meat - they contain most of essential substances. Just to not get bored of this diet, make sure your products alternate. Nuts are great, they contain lots of fatty acids, carbs and fats. A little portion makes you feel full when you can't have your normal meal throughout a day. Beans are great as meat replacement. Also need a small amount. Cottage cheese and dairy give you no extra calories but bring good carbs and vitamins. I am sure you know that, because that's what kids need when they are small:cool:
Oh, and fish is great too. Did you know that fish fat never gives you extra weight? Moreover, it prevents accumulation of fat and bad cholesterol! You can eat any kind of fish (even the fattest one) and stay slim, plus it contains many vitamins, calcium (for bones protection) and supports your immunity. All in all - fish and seafood are easpecially good during your weight loss.

I hope this helps!

Cheers;)

I just gotta say that Duromine is helping a lot with weightloss, I have 20-30 kg to lose I gained lots of weight while I was pregnant. My little one is 6 1/2 months old and he is my world, it took us years to fall pregnant, I suffer from PCOS - PCOS is a hormonal condition involving high levels of insulin or male hormones known as ‘androgens’, or both. The cause of this is unclear.

I am sure some women are familiar with this, anyways in the past few years I also suffered from depression and stress. All this was due to my husband's illness that was taking a toll on my health and for 3 years I have been besides him in the hospital. Life is not easy, and you gotta be strong doesn't matter what's in front of you. Duromine isn't a way out but it is a way to a better health and lifestyle, its up to you what you do after you complete Duromine. So far I lost 5 kg, in 2 weeks. It seems a lot but I can see that I am losing fat, I don't have any strong side effects only dry mouth and only sometimes I feel out of the blue (lol) other than that I am fine. I do feel hungry at times , but I don't eat much and I don't snack at all so that's a plus.

Good luck to everyone who is using Duromine, I do hope you that you get your health in order now and after Duromine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Smick
Hi Hotfizz, congratulations on the loss, it seems as if you are doing this right and definitely have the right attitude, especially after reaching your goal weight.
For a lot of women suffering from PSOS it is very difficult to lose weight, and I am happy to hear that Duromine helps you with that.
Thank you for the well wishes:), and I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Good luck;);)

Reactions: HotFizz
T
Audrey3 said:
Hi Hotfizz, congratulations on the loss, it seems as if you are doing this right and definitely have the right attitude, especially after reaching your goal weight.
For a lot of women suffering from PSOS it is very difficult to lose weight, and I am happy to hear that Duromine helps you with that.
Thank you for the well wishes:), and I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Good luck;);)
Thank you Audrey3, so far i am doing pretty well and i am happy that the weight is coming off,i still gotta lose 25-30 to be at my goal weight, but i am not pressured to do it as quick the longer it takes the better it is for my health and i am sure i will keep the weight off , if i watch what i eat after Duromine. It s a must they is no exuses ,just gotta do it.
Take care all the best!

Hi. I started duromine yesterday and am on the 40mg i was just wondering if im eating enough.
breakfast - banana
snack - another piece of fruit
lunch - light jelly
dinner - 100 grams of either beef or breast chicken and a little bit of salad as i dont feel like eating the salad after i eat the meat.
i also snack on 3-4 grissini sticks and drink 7 x 600 ml bottles of water

Hi, Nikki. Seems fine, but I would add something more nourishing for lunch.
Btw I would swap your dinner and lunch. Yep. Becuase it is better to eat less before night.

Oh ok will swap them around today. Thanks

I have started back on 15mg and feel I would like to amp it up a bit. Sometimes I am unsure if what I am eating is enough. This is an example of my daily food intake. Please feel free to advise me on any improvements, Thank you :)
Breakfast - 2 poached eggs on 1 piece of soy linseed toast no butter but promite
Snack - Isowhey protein shake on water
Lunch - mango or some cherries
Snack - protein shake on water
Dinner - steamed veges(1cup) and a small piece of protein.

I am doing 30 min on cross trainer ever second day and occasionally do some weight training.

Looks pretty good to me. I do two eggs hard boiled for breakfast or a meal replacement shake. At morning tea time I'll have an apple or banana, lunch is usually a Greek salad with chicken or rice cakes with cottage cheese or tuna. I normally don't get hungry again till dinner time bad usually have some chicken breast with salad or veggies or a meal replacement shake instead. It's only my first week in so I'm still learning about my food intake and whether I'm eating enough. The only thing I would suggest is having more for protein at lunch time.

Thanks Anka I will make sure to add more protein maybe some tuna or something? Your eating plan looks good. I can't wait to see your results in the next few weeks :)

When i was on herbalife my coach said i shud lay off whey protein ( just stick with the replacement meal shake) to speed up weightloss bcse whey was meant to build up/bulk up muscle hence it'll take longer to lose weight (by muscle mass burning the fat or something so the body wont be flabby when finally losing weight )

Im not sure if its true, but after a year taking whey protein, herbalife then switched to shaklee, i only lost 7.7kg post pregnany then only to gain it all back (myself to blame not watching what i eat)

I reached 72kg 3 days ago (while still replacing my meal once a day with shaklee as 'maintenance' i didnt realized that ive gained so much weight from 65kg since last april.. Im panicking bcse my used to work weight loss aid give up on me n stop giving me any result.

Thank god im 'overweight enough' to be prescribed. I dont look overweight tho. Doc had to recalculate BMI just to be sure. I have a 'normal' bodyshape perhaps from the muscle mass but seeing the scale is enough to give me cardiac arrest

Maybe u can try a week with whey and 1 week off it maybe it works just fine for u but if it doesnt ure not too far along to restart again

Trudeelala said:
When i was on herbalife my coach said i shud lay off whey protein ( just stick with the replacement meal shake) to speed up weightloss bcse whey was meant to build up/bulk up muscle hence it'll take longer to lose weight (by muscle mass burning the fat or something so the body wont be flabby when finally losing weight )

From what I've read on the topic, protein won't necessarily bulk you up, especially when it's being consumed in a low calorie diet, it'll just help prevent muscle loss, which is awesome, because what we (usually) want is fat loss, not muscle loss. :-D

Of course drinking one or more protein shakes on top of your daily calorie allowance won't do you any favours, but incorporating them into your calorie intake will probably do you a world of good, considering muscle mass plays a role in fat loss!

Either way, to each their own, everyone's body is different and I reckon your suggestion to try both ways and see how it works is great. :)

SevenOfNine said:
From what I've read on the topic, protein won't necessarily bulk you up, especially when it's being consumed in a low calorie diet, it'll just help prevent muscle loss, which is awesome, because what we (usually) want is fat loss, not muscle loss. :-D

Of course drinking one or more protein shakes on top of your daily calorie allowance won't do you any favours, but incorporating them into your calorie intake will probably do you a world of good, considering muscle mass plays a role in fat loss!

Either way, to each their own, everyone's body is different and I reckon your suggestion to try both ways and see how it works is great. :)

Yeah :( so unfortunate that my body stop responding to it i was so sad bcse i lose 1-2kg while on herbalife during my 2nd pregnancy and i was at 7-8 months pregnant!

I took it the same way prior delivery :

- bfast (with 100ml soy milk less sugar less fat and 200ml plain water)
- low cal lunch (not more than 800cals)
- dinner again with shakes - using plain water 300ml.
- total cals consumed around 1000-1200 max in consistency.

Still, somehow my weight creep up slowly within 1 year of consuming. its kinda scary and thank God i realized it bcse i dont like to weigh myself never owns a scale my clothes fit as per usual only the biggest tell tale is my 28inch jeans is tighter and snug.

Maybe i was soy intollerant?but i took it during pregnancy 2nd trimester above and shockingly i still lose weight :( weird

Trudeelala said:
Yeah :( so unfortunate that my body stop responding to it i was so sad bcse i lose 1-2kg while on herbalife during my 2nd pregnancy and i was at 7-8 months pregnant!

Still, somehow my weight creep up slowly within 1 year of consuming. its kinda scary and thank God i realized it bcse i dont like to weigh myself never owns a scale my clothes fit as per usual only the biggest tell tale is my 28inch jeans is tighter and snug.

Maybe i was soy intollerant?but i took it during pregnancy 2nd trimester above and shockingly i still lose weight :( weird
hi. 800 calories is not a low calorie lunch

Trudeelala said:

Protein shakes are usually anywhere between 120-200 calories per serving with water (depending on what brand you buy etc.) so if you were having 3 of them per day with food, that could be anywhere between 360-600 extra calories per day! Depending on what kind of shake you were drinking of course. And mixed with anything but water would add even more calories.

I tend to use them as just post-workout drinks on weight training days, or as meal replacements if I've had a larger meal at another time of the day, because while they're low calorie on their own, it's easy to forget to count them into your daily intake unfortunately.

Hope that helps a little!

I
cassieriordan said:
hi. 800 calories is not a low calorie lunch

i cant go any lower my doctor wont allow me. That amount suit my height and weight composition as of now.

Im doing this only for the 1st 2 weeks and he'll change the diet plan after checking my progress. Im now using calorie counter

Nah.. I only
SevenOfNine said:
Protein shakes are usually anywhere between 120-200 calories per serving with water (depending on what brand you buy etc.) so if you were having 3 of them per day with food, that could be anywhere between 360-600 extra calories per day! Depending on what kind of shake you were drinking of course. And mixed with anything but water would add even more calories.

I tend to use them as just post-workout drinks on weight training days, or as meal replacements if I've had a larger meal at another time of the day, because while they're low calorie on their own, it's easy to forget to count them into your daily intake unfortunately.

Hope that helps a little!

Yeah exactly and i took em bfast and dinner as stated ;)

Bfast with low sugar low fat soy milk
Dinner with plain water

Overall i only took LESS than 300cals of just shakes per day.

I think i may be intollerant to soy :( my body balloons up but it didnt happened while i was pregnant and on shakes once a day. I lost weight at 8 months preggy (as stated) and losing weight after delivery is so much easier

THEN, it creep back in even im using the same plan as above 2 shakes per day both at LESS than 300cals. I know it is less bcse my coach gave me a note/recipe on how to make sure my shakes are below 300 to lose weight.

But thanks for ur tips. :) perhaps ill try another brand or find other alternative if im proven to be soy intollerant

Trudeelala said:
Nah.. I only

Yeah exactly and i took em bfast and dinner as stated ;)

Bfast with low sugar low fat soy milk
Dinner with plain water

Overall i only took LESS than 300cals of just shakes per day.

I think i may be intollerant to soy :( my body balloons up but it didnt happened while i was pregnant and on shakes once a day. I lost weight at 8 months preggy (as stated) and losing weight after delivery is so much easier

THEN, it creep back in even im using the same plan as above 2 shakes per day both at LESS than 300cals. I know it is less bcse my coach gave me a note/recipe on how to make sure my shakes are below 300 to lose weight.

But thanks for ur tips. :) perhaps ill try another brand or find other alternative if im proven to be soy intollerant
Definitely see if you can find a brand that doesn't contain soy, and see if that helps! There's such a variety of protein shakes out there, you might be able to find one that suits your body and doesn't bloat you or make you feel yuck.
:)