• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Weight Gain When Stopping Duromine?

Hey well done! That's brilliant! Yes your body is probably fatigued from the gym, rest day is good and also necessary! But wow, 3.7kg! good on you!

Reactions: April
Oh, what a great result, Emily! Congratulations! Keep in mind that on days when you exercise you need a little bit more calories. Lean protein is a good thing. And definitely a loud applause for the gym persistence! A lovely day to you!

Needing some exsercise ideas to loose the lower belly? Its the only thing that doesnt seem to want to budge and i hate it, its so ugly and it makes me so depressed tbh!!

Lower belly… as you know, we are incapable, unfortunately, to lose fat locally… the main tips are usually cardio + muscle building + yoga (Pilates – my fav.). My main issue when trying to cope with the abdominal fat was weak back muscles. Pilates helped me work through these really well. I have no idea how your back muscles are… it’s just my own experience. Core exercises are also important. Tough ones, yet really effective are Janda situps (really tough!!!) and, of course, raising the legs turned effective for me. You can make your own search and see which ones turn the most effective for you. Best of luck!

PS. If you can incorporate swimming into your exercise routine, you would do yourself a big favor

Hi guys, week 5 and weight loss seems to have stalled in fact half a kg back on. Not sure why, haven't changed. Might need to mix it up a bit..

Julie, you might need to shake your body a little. Or stop for a couple of days and restart Duromine, or change your diet for 2 days (to a lower or higher caloric value), or increase the intensity of your exercises. But you already know that. Seemed to help you before. Make sure that you consume enough water. Hope this helps. Oh, and what about the appetite suppression? Is it still there? 15 mg still sufficient for you?

Reactions: Aaliyha_Rose
Julie, how are you?

Hi April
I'm ok. Lost a bit of motivation since I can't seem to budge from 79.5

So sorry about that… DO you have much 15mg left? Did you consider the possibility of switching to 30 mg? Did you try shocking your body with anything? I hope that this plateau will soon ends and you will keep moving…

I know that it’s very easy to lose your motivation, but you need to understand that the weight will shift… sooner or later, and you might lose a couple of kilos over a night. Our bodies work in such an unpredictable manner. The main thing is to be consistent with good habits and give your body a shake from time to time, not to let it get used to the routine.

I hope that this week brings changes that you need to keep going strong!

Hi April
Thanks for your help.
I have been given all my prescriptions for the duration and the doctor has given me all 15mg. I am mixing it up a bit - skip a day, skip 2 days. But I am not eating enough veggies like I was at first and I've gotten a bit lazy with my diet. Not bad but just not enough fresh stuff. Also I can't seem to increase my exercise, every time I try to do more I end up with a massive headache. And I'm finding I go to bed later because I'm not as tired which then means I have trouble getting up early to exercise like I was doing...
Anyway I'll work it out. I still feel good and my clothes are comfortable and I'm buying new clothes in 12 and 14.. And people are starting to comment.. Even though the measurements don't seem to have changed and the weight is the same... Still, happy that it's below 80 and not increasing!

Hi Julie. Oh, congrats on new clothes size and compliments =) Ain’t it pleasant to realize that people notice your transformation. I am very happy to know that you did not lose the motivation and are happy with staying under 80 kgs.

Troubles with the diet… I can totally relate. At times, it gets hard to conform. Ok… we need to shift the weight and we don’t manage to have enough veggies every day… can we have veggies every third day? I have an idea. I used this plan when I hit my second plateau and it worked for me… The eating plan is you consume proteins in one day, and vegetables and fruits in another. I was making 2 protein days and 1 vegetable day. It took my body a week to start losing weight again, so not too long… This will allow you have a rest for two days and start missing the veggies and fruits =)) You might have heard of protein-carbohydrate alternation. It is slightly different from the plan of this nutrition system, yet you might google it, if you wish. It does allow having vegetables in protein days and proteins in vegetable days. I did not want to have anything to do with veggies… got tired of them then. =)) I usually had

For breakfast: cottage cheese with 2 tbsp. natural yogurt and some cinnamon,

For snack: 1 tube of yogurt,

Lunch: veal or chicken broth, in which I added some finely chopped scallions and parsley, some freshly ground black pepper and a small pinch of salt, some lemon/lime juice, boiled meat cut in pieces (or a boiled/raw egg, or some low-fat cheese). You place all/any of these in a bowl and pour over boiling broth. Stir and serve.

Snack: egg white omelet

Dinner: boiled/grilled/oven baked/steamed/stewed chicken/fish/veal/turkey

I don’t like bland food, so I did add my favorite spices. Garnished with some finely chopped greens.

For vegetable-fruit days, everything was pretty much the same. Something substantial in the morning, a vegetable soup for lunch and a hearty salad with lots of green veggies, fresh broccoli, some seeds, sesame, etc.

If exercising gives you headaches (first, don’t forget about your water), consider doing yoga and stretching, or walking. These should help you fall asleep faster. Concentrate on your breathing.

My apologies for the long post

Wow thanks April, I have not heard of this protein carbohydrate alternation but I reckon I would really take to it. I find myself sort of doing that sometimes anyway just because as you say, you get tired of veggies.
I am definitely going to try this.
With regards to the exercise, in fact it WAS just walking that gave me the headaches! I am going to try it again and see how I go.
Thanks for the great advice!

this is my second time on duromine, the first time i lost 12 kilo over about 12 months, this time i keep putting weight on.
started a VLCD today, using optislim bars for breakfast and lunch, and a small dinner, will see if this makes a difference.
its very frustrating considering the cost of these pills, you would expect better results

Reactions: Aaliyha_Rose
@Julie, how is it going? Feeling better? Any progress?

@disgruntled , I am so sorry that you don’t see the immediate effect… how long are you on Duromine already? How much did you put on?

VLCD works well for veeeery obese people, at the very beginning of their journey. I am not sure about your current weight and weight loss goals. Did you count the amount of calories that you were consuming while putting on weight on Duromine? Any exercising?

April said:
@Julie, how is it going? Feeling better? Any progress?

@disgruntled , I am so sorry that you don’t see the immediate effect… how long are you on Duromine already? How much did you put on?

VLCD works well for veeeery obese people, at the very beginning of their journey. I am not sure about your current weight and weight loss goals. Did you count the amount of calories that you were consuming while putting on weight on Duromine? Any exercising?
ive been taking it for 2 months now, did stop for a week due to having surgery, and must admit that my exercise is not what it used to be, i would do over 12 km a day, but im nearly 56, and getting 10000steps in is enough now.
im not very obese, i do weigh 71.2 kl again, but my calorie intake is around 1000 to 1100 a day.
so 12kg heavier again, and very disappointed not sure what to do

what is your height?

Yep… you seem to keep to your range of calories… to lose 1 kg per week. Did you try increasing this through healthy foods? You are really active. 10 thousand steps a day is pretty high activity. What if 1000-1100 is not enough for you. Do you walk this amount of steps every day? If not, then try to increase the caloric value of your menu only on days when you walk that much, and better do it through adding proteins.

You see.. like I mentioned earlier VLCD is for people with extreme obesity, and I am not sure that your body will thank you for such serious restrictions… You can try.. and you will surely see a loss, since it’s extreme dieting. What if you consider the idea of having just two VLCD days per week and continuing to your normal caloric value for the rest of days?

I would also advise you to take a good vitamin+mineral complex. Lack of any essential vitamin or mineral is capable of hindering weight loss, as well.

OR, if your health condition allows, consider adding plank exercises to your daily routine. These don’t take more than 4 minutes, yet are effective for toning and ‘turning on’ your muscles.

Fingers crossed for your success. Indeed, wasting so much money for the pills with no result is too disappointing… but don’t give up!

April said:
Yep… you seem to keep to your range of calories… to lose 1 kg per week. Did you try increasing this through healthy foods? You are really active. 10 thousand steps a day is pretty high activity. What if 1000-1100 is not enough for you. Do you walk this amount of steps every day? If not, then try to increase the caloric value of your menu only on days when you walk that much, and better do it through adding proteins.

You see.. like I mentioned earlier VLCD is for people with extreme obesity, and I am not sure that your body will thank you for such serious restrictions… You can try.. and you will surely see a loss, since it’s extreme dieting. What if you consider the idea of having just two VLCD days per week and continuing to your normal caloric value for the rest of days?

I would also advise you to take a good vitamin+mineral complex. Lack of any essential vitamin or mineral is capable of hindering weight loss, as well.

OR, if your health condition allows, consider adding plank exercises to your daily routine. These don’t take more than 4 minutes, yet are effective for toning and ‘turning on’ your muscles.

Fingers crossed for your success. Indeed, wasting so much money for the pills with no result is too disappointing… but don’t give up!
thank you i might limit the vlcd to the 2 days and see how it goes my health wont let me plank walking is about all i can do now, but i am hoping to work back up to a jog so i at least feel like im doing something that exerts some energy
thanks!

@Disgruntled 220 how is it going? How do you feel on days with low amount of calories? No dizziness?