• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!

Week 3, Stopped Losing Weight?!?

S

Sam_277

Standard Member
Oct 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

Iā€™m into my fourth week of Duromine 15mg, I lost three kilos in the first two weeks and then weighed myself after the third week and NOTHING. Not even a gram...

Iā€™m eating around 1200-1300 calories a day
I exercise regularly, 4-5 days a week, 1 hour weights or cardio session
Iā€™m also still getting dry mouth, a little bit ā€˜buzzyā€™ but I sleep ok.

Can anyone tell me whatā€™s going on?
How to kick start this??

I am also having the same problem i am on Duromine 30mg, I jog 4 to 5 times a week.

On my 1st week I lost 4kgs and I am on week 3 now but the scale is not moving anymore. I feel the cravings coming back and I am always hungry looks like the pill had stopped workin.I am also seeking advice please

hello lovely's
nice to meet you my name is Dre,
i understand what you guys are going through right now!
i've been on Duromine for a while and it is kinda like Harry Potters Wand,
it's full of what we need to succeed in our weight loss journey, however,
it's not about the pill itself.
it is all about the person who is in control of it!
Duromine will always give us what we need, all we have to do is show it the way..

Hugs
Dre

Reactions: Rava and Bonnie13
Sam_277 said:
Hi everyone,

Iā€™m into my fourth week of Duromine 15mg, I lost three kilos in the first two weeks and then weighed myself after the third week and NOTHING. Not even a gram...

Iā€™m eating around 1200-1300 calories a day
I exercise regularly, 4-5 days a week, 1 hour weights or cardio session
Iā€™m also still getting dry mouth, a little bit ā€˜buzzyā€™ but I sleep ok.

Can anyone tell me whatā€™s going on?
How to kick start this??

This is I believe your body going "holy crap, what's happening, this isn't normal - I'm going to hold onto some of this comfortable weight!"

If you go through and read some threads in my experience with Duromine, it's not uncommon around weeks three and four for this to happen. Al ot of people have had success at this time in changing what they are eating and/or cutting out/amping up some exercise.

The body is a fickle thing and at time we need to trick it into behaving the way we want it too.

I would definitely have a look at your sodium, natural sugars and carb content. If your having protein shakes check the labels - sodium can be quite high in these causing you to retain water weight.

Make sure you are having rest days for your exercise. Exercise itself will cause inflammation in the muscles that are not regularly used thus causing your body to retain water.

And there is something called the "fat whoosh"

Link Removed

Thank you for your reply! Hopefully it kicks back in soon!

Reactions: Rava
Sam_277 said:
Thank you for your reply! Hopefully it kicks back in soon!

Your very welcome @Sam_277

Another thing I thought of, which helps me heaps is keeping a food diary (if you aren't already). My Fitness Pal and Lose It all have free ones, and they really help break down your food groups too see what is happening *hugs*

Would love to hear how you do!

Reactions: Dre
Rava said:
Your very welcome @Sam_277

Another thing I thought of, which helps me heaps is keeping a food diary (if you aren't already). My Fitness Pal and Lose It all have free ones, and they really help break down your food groups too see what is happening *hugs*

Would love to hear how you do!
Thank you dear much appreciate your help

So another week down... loss of 500grams so not super pleased but at least itā€™s moving down again...
I actually ate more food this week/ was less careful with my food tracking... not sure if that helped.
Iā€™m going to the doctors on Monday so maybe heā€™ll bump me up to the 30mg...

@Sam_277 - hey a loss is a loss and at least it is moving downwards :)

A lovely lady here @April has also recommended (on another thread) upping your calories for 20% for a couple of days, and then bringing it back down basically tricking your body into moving the weight again. Might be worth a shot!

I don't know if you have done this already, but grab and record your measurements. You might not be losing much on the scales, but I bet you are probably losing the cm's!

Would love to hear about how you go with Dr and if he will prescribe you the 30mg. :)

Reactions: April
Hi!

So the doctor has prescribed me the 30mg. He said that he never expected me to lose much on the 15mg and that it was more to make sure I donā€™t suffer any serious side effects. I havenā€™t taken a 30mg, a bit apprehensive actually, but I will tomorrow and see how it goes!

Sam_277 said:
Hi!

So the doctor has prescribed me the 30mg. He said that he never expected me to lose much on the 15mg and that it was more to make sure I donā€™t suffer any serious side effects. I havenā€™t taken a 30mg, a bit apprehensive actually, but I will tomorrow and see how it goes!
Hi Sam, just remember to take it early in morning so hopefully your sleep won't be affected too much and drink loads of water right through the day. Welcome to ask me anything about it anytime as have used 30 and 40mg successfully, thanks jo

Reactions: Dre and Rava
Sam_277 said:
Hi!

@Sam_277 you will be fine!

Remind yourself that your Dr (a professional in their field!) has checked you out, and deemed you ok to go up in dosage. You got this!

@Jo666 offered great advice :)

Please let me know how you get on ok?

Hi guys, Iā€™ve been on the 30mg for two weeks now and all Iā€™ve lost is 500g Iā€™m so bloody disappointed! I thought going up to the 30mg would really help! But itā€™s like nothingā€™s changed except I get a few more side effects (dry mouth, a bit spacey, interrupted sleep) and it doesnā€™t overly affect my hunger at all! Iā€™ve kept the calories around the 1200-1300 mark but it doesnā€™t seem to make a difference. Anyone tell me whatā€™s going on please?

Oh Sam, I hear your pain! Womenā€™s bodies and our hormones can royally suck when it comes to weight loss. Iā€™ve been reading this book called The Obesity Code and it said that after puberty, females gain 50% more fat than boys despite them having a higher caloric intake ... basically, female hormones suck!
From what I know we all loose a lot of water weight in the first few weeks and then the fat burning begins, this slows us down quite a bit so we think we have plateaued when itā€™s actually quite common that we slow down. Itā€™s the unicorn folks who continue to make incredible weekly losses. The important thing is that you are loosing weight ... however painfully slow the process is.
Have you heard of intermittent fasting? This is where you only eat for certain hours of the day then fast for the rest. For example, say you chose to eat for 6 hours then fast for 18. You could eat all your daily requirements between any 6 hour period of your choosing, eg, 12-6pm then fast until midday the next day. Thereā€™s a lot of upcoming science on the benefits of intermittent fasting, especially in breaking a plateau. Thereā€™s heaps of free resources on the internet for intermittent fasting.
I know that switching up your diet and even including a cheat meal/day really helps to keep your metabolism on its toes rather than it becoming sluggish due to repetitive calorie restriction and diet choices. Also, switching up any excercise.

I hope that helps. Big hugs. Xx

Last edited:
Sam_277 said:
Hi guys, Iā€™ve been on the 30mg for two weeks now and all Iā€™ve lost is 500g Iā€™m so bloody disappointed! I thought going up to the 30mg would really help! But itā€™s like nothingā€™s changed except I get a few more side effects (dry mouth, a bit spacey, interrupted sleep) and it doesnā€™t overly affect my hunger at all! Iā€™ve kept the calories around the 1200-1300 mark but it doesnā€™t seem to make a difference. Anyone tell me whatā€™s going on please?

@Sam_277 if you haven't already ask your GP to do a blood work up. Get him/her to check your thyroid, and also your hormones. This can contribute to nothing moving on the scales.

• Did you do your measurements? Would be interested to see if anything is decreasing in this area.
  • What is your diet like? Are you doing low carb? It would help if you could post a list of what you are eating and drinking for the day. We might be able to help with some advice or at least share what we are eating :).
@VictoriaGirl offered really great advice! I would look at switching up your exercise and dropping your calories. 1200 is the norm for women wanting to lose weight - but for me personally it does nothing and I have to aim for only 1000 tops with me exercising 4 times a week! I would try this for a week and see what happens.. if nothing shifts - increase your calories instead - maybe you aren't getting enough and your body is starting to hoard your kg's.

I would also research into what your BMR (basal metabolic rate) is. It would give you some idea on what you are burning just by doing everyday things and normal body functions. Here is the link to the one I use; Link Removed

Keep in mind to lose the kg's we have to create a deficit which includes your BMR

• Rule of thumb is; One pound of fat equates to 3,500 calories, so for a weekly loss of 2.2 pounds, or 1 kilogram, you need to plan a 1100 calorie deficit each day for a period of 7 days. (7700 calorie deficit each week).

Hi all,

Yes Iā€™ve tried intermittent fasting but it really doesnā€™t seem to make any difference so Iā€™ve gone back to eating breakfast as i found it kept my hunger at bay.

I worked out my BMR but I really canā€™t eat 500 calories a day lol, which is what it says id need to eat to lose a kilo a week. A few years ago I dropped my calories down to 1000 and had success, then when I tried to do it two years after I had no weight loss and headaches and poor skin so Iā€™m not so keen to drop it down any further.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on. I just thought surely with the help from Duromine the weight would be moving a bit quicker...hopefully it improves.

Hey @Sam_277 - your BMR info doesn't sound right to me. Have a look at this link here;

Link Removed

What it should be doing is giving you an insight into what calories you need to burn for weight loss - not eat.

Here's an example:

Weight: 85.7kg. BMR: 1575

Calories Burned: 373.3 per day. - via exercise each day.
Calorie Intake: 877 per day. - food intake.
Resting Energy: 1666 per day. - what my body uses to function.

Formula: Exercise calories + BMR = 1,948.3 x 7 = 13,638.1 divided 7,700 = 1.771kg.

Total Weight Loss: 1.5kg - New Weight: 84.2kg

The above example was when I started Duromine the first time back in May this year. Even though its not an exact science, you can see by the formula I should have lost nearly 2kg (1.77kg) but for that week I lost 1.5kg