• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!

Stomach/Constipation Problems?

E

Em05

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2013
Hello everyone!

I have been on duromine 30mg now for a week and have lost 2.5kg which I am very pleased with but am experiencing some uncomfortable side effects.

My stomach is so bloated and sore! Slight stomach pains and feels very full and sore. I have not been as regular in the bowel movement department either. Feel very gassy as well.

Is this completely normal? I should be feeling great as I can tell I have lost weight but my stomach is letting me down!

Thanks in advance :)

Hello, Em!
Welcome to our family.:)
Well, yes these can be the side effects of the pills, quite common. Luckily you don't have headaches or insomnia.
So, I think these effects in you may go away with time. Hope so.

Drink plenty of Water n check out 'Braggs Organic Apple Cider Viniger' with the Mother in it. Works so quick for bloating n upset Bellies :)

Sorry about the topic lol but I know quite a few duramine users experience constipation, myself included!
I did start taking laxatives which do help, but came with not so nice side effects and I was worried my body would get addicted to them!
This is what works for me:
-2-3 tbs of chia seeds daily mixed in food or drink. They have the added benefit of keeping you full, plus they are chock full of protein and omegas.
-1-2 heaped tbs of flaxseed meal.
-Before bed on an empty stomach I take 2 magnesium capsules. It has to be one with all the magnesium elements in it. I use nutra life magnesium complete.
Using all of the above, I go like clockwork every morning. Some of you may not have to use everything listed, just wanted to share what works for me.

Thanks, Christine. It might really help some people here. I am not sure I know all of the listed meds though... Are they natural, safe? If so, then I see nothing bad in taking them along with Duromine.

P.S. if you are afraid to get addicted to them, then do a break for couple of days maybe. Just to see how your body reacts. Also you can eat more fiber food (greens, bran, dairy products like natural yogurt, beetroot, etc.)

Chia seeds and flaxseed are natural and high in fibre. Magnesium is completely safe, your body excretes anything it doesn't need.

Hi. I strongly advise you to think twice about this. Chia seeds arent for everyone and they affect ppl differently. Not just that, the amount you are taking is far too much, only up to a tablespoon a day is safe.

I did alot of research on chia, thought they were the most amazing thing, gradually introduced them to my diet and they made me regular as clockwork.

But they also made my abdomen swell to the point it was getting in the way! I looked pregnant. But i refused to believe the chia was bad for me, i strongly didnt want to stop taking them.
My dr advised me to stop for a while, just to see if anything happens.
It did; my 'pregnant tummy' decreased and i lost 1.3kg by doing nothing but stopping the chia seeds, i could hardly believe it.
So i started googling and was shocked to find just how many ppl suffer these effects, or worse, from such a seemingly innocent 'superfood'.
They absorb water and nutrients from your body, i was drinking 2 litres of water a day back then and it wasnt enough.
That was months before duromine.
Since being on the 40mg (over 2 months now) im not as regular as i once was, despite drinking 4 litres of water a day now.
I thought about adding fibre, like alittle chia or psyllium husk power, etc..
Dont do it.
They also affect the absorption of meds, especially slow/time release meds like duromine that are designed to last 24hrs (also why alcohol needs to be avoided; it affects absorption).
Instead, ive been having a couple of teaspoons of good olive oil a day, you can even have up to a tablespoon if you want, or try coconut oil.
Im still not as regular, but its not a problem. Just deal with it and think of it as a temporary thing.
But be careful with these supplements; natural doesnt mean safe or without consequences. Look into it..

Reactions: christine V
Thanks lovecat. I will for sure look into it further, and maybe reduce to one tbs. Thanks for replying xx

Hi, I have used Duramine for a few years, on and off and really get good results, but I only take them 3-4 days during the week in order to manage the side effects. One of the major side effects I use to suffer from is constipation, but I now use Cayenne pepper in capsule form and it really helps. I take 1-2 in the morning with breakfast. It also helps to lower bloodpressure and blood circulation.

Thanks for the tip. I have some cayenne capsules here too :)

If you make smoothies or juices (I love my Nutri Bullet) - put a heaped soon of Psyllium husks (available at all supermarkets). It's all natural fibre and BOY O BOY... does it work! No bloating. It just works. Personally, i wouldn't bother with the tablet form, the packet is completely natural with no added "crap" and it can be hidden in sauces, muesli, shakes... anything!

Lots of veggies! I was a bit constipated the first few days, but I was eating very little. Once I got into the groove and started to eat lots of salad and non-starchy veggies, I am very regular now.

Drink plenty of water, eating fiber diets like fruits and veggies, exercise and of course castor oil packs for Constipation. Adding a natural oil before you sleep relieves any stomach pain and helps to reduce any discomfort due to constipation.

Last edited by a moderator:
delicate-side-effect-aka-constipation.jpg

If this issue bothers you at least for a couple of days, then you may try some herbal laxative (Senokot, Senna, or any kind that contains sena), when this helps (I hope) than try to use more fiber and yogurt daily.

You can buy some fiber mix in powder (any fiber supplement). Personally I added it in my yogurt and used to drink this mix every day as a snack.

Other than that, some foods may help. Like: beetroot (I made a delicious salad: one boiled red beetroot, sliced big pieces, some feta or any soft creamy cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil + balsamic vinegar, salt - mmmm delicious!); prunes, or plum juice, pear juice work perfectly.

Make sure you eat enough raw veggies, make a vitamin salad - chopped celery root, carrots, beetroot, apple, parsley, olive oil or just lemon juice as dressing.

Anyone, who had the same issue and discovered other good solutions, please share.
I hope everyone is ok, enjoying a stable weight loss.
Have a great day everyone!

** warning - poo talk ** This week has been tough for me on the elimination side. Alarmingly the laxatives I have been taking basically stopped working, which sent me into research overdrive. I was concerned about taking laxatives from the get-go because one of the side effects is 'irreversible damage' ..like WTF does that mean??? How is this a solution??? My constipation was causing me lower back pain and affecting my daily activities, my mood and my overall weight loss journey. Plus I can't stop thinking about the toxins that are stuck inside me -- eww.

The colon is a workhorse for your digestive system and helps absorb the nutrients your body needs as well as eliminate what it doesn't need. A healthy colon is the centre of a healthy, happy life. Let's face it, if you can't eliminate waste, you could die. Subpar colon health can make us feel sluggish, bloated, agitated, miserable and it can cause us to get sick often. Because the colon processes food waste, it is constantly bombarded by toxins. Left unchecked, these toxins can accumulate and cause all kinds of health problems. So I had to find a solution fast or I would simply have to stop taking Duromine.

Soooo after many many hours of research, I finally happened upon something called Oxy-Powder which uses 'oxygen' - yes oxygen - to gently cleanse and detoxify your whole digestive tract - not just the colon! Did you know that the human intestinal tract is 8 to 10 metres in length and covers a surface area the size of a tennis court? By the age of 40, the average person may have 5-10 kgs of hard, compacted faecal matter lodged in their intestinal tract. GROSS!!! At this moment I realised I was actually one of these people. Eww.

So how does it work? The capsules contain a combination of ozone-oxygenated magnesium and citric acid. The oxygenated magnesium dislodges toxin-filled faecal matter without harming the natural flora in your intestines and basically liquifies it (I did warn you!). It's designed to clean the entire 8-10 metres of the digestive tract and cleanses, flushes, and detoxifies your colon ...while you sleep. After reading hundreds of positive reviews I placed my order.

I received my parcel yesterday and the bottle said 'take four' before bed and if you don't have 3-5 bowel movements the following day, increase your dose by two capsules (until you do have 3-5). Continue this for 5 days. I thought, well my problem is pretty significant, I'll take five. My tummy gurgled throughout the night but unfortunately, I didn't go first thing in the morning as I had hoped (that's when I take my measurements) but I kept an open mind and imagined the little oxygen molecules zapping everything to liquid with laser guns. And then, just after lunch -- relief!! I never thought I would be so happy about poo but I am literally overjoyed to begin feeling clean and light and empty again after carrying around rocks inside me for the past month. Long may it continue!

UPDATE: I am now on day 3 and I can report 4-5 bowel movements each day (2 so far today before lunch) I am astounded at how gentle this process is. Oxy-Powder uses oxygenation to move/clean out the colon and intestinal tract. In effect it doesn't just move waste out, it actually dissolves the waste that adheres to colon walls, which is then pushed out by your own muscles. The most amazing thing is that there are no abdominal cramps or pain and the bowel movements pass quickly and effortlessly because they are in liquefied form. I don't have to race to the bathroom - this is not explosive - and it's different to diarrhea. There is no burning or straining and my tummy feels happier than it has felt in months! I seem to be gaining more energy as the days go by. I feel lighter and "cleaner" as well. My lower back pain has gone, my spirits have lifted and I am interested to see if I notice increased absorption (ie: Duromine or supplements working better). I can't say enough about this discovery. I wish I had known about this years ago! I plan to keep a bottle on hand for periodic colon cleanses. There is no need to ever suffer from constipation again.

Reactions: TeeDee67 and April
Hi guys,
Any natural remedies for constipation (apart from laxatives). Iā€™ve included fibre in my diet, drink lots of water, tried adding carbs (which usually works) and even tried reducing protein because I thought that was affecting it. Iā€™ve never experienced constipation before and I know itā€™s definitely the duromine causing it. I honestly donā€™t want my body getting used to laxatives so Iā€™d like some natural remedies please :)

Hey @lkx, We have a great article about constipation here on the Forum.

And maybe this thread will also be useful for you.

Please let us know later which method you found the most useful. :kissing:

Last edited by a moderator:
First and foremost, you must drink plenty of water throughout the day. I have recently read about the senna plant. It often helps with constipation.

Reactions: Ikx and 4ngel
Constipation is a common side effect of pills, not only Duromine. You must be sure that you drink plenty of water and avoid stress. It may be a surprise for you, but yes, even if you don't take pills, you can have constipation because of the nervous pressure. :LLL
You should sleep well, drink water, and stay positive! That's the first key to success. :blush:
If you still feel it, it may also be caused by a low-fiber diet. Try to consume more fiber or fiber supplements.
Take care :kissing:

Ikx said:
Hi guys,
Any natural remedies for constipation (apart from laxatives). Iā€™ve included fibre in my diet, drink lots of water, tried adding carbs (which usually works) and even tried reducing protein because I thought that was affecting it. Iā€™ve never experienced constipation before and I know itā€™s definitely the duromine causing it. I honestly donā€™t want my body getting used to laxatives so Iā€™d like some natural remedies please :)
I drink ginger tea. It helped me with constipation. It is very useful for your health and helps with cravings as well. :blush:

Reactions: Ikx