• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉

Saxenda and alcohol

B

Boomka

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2020
Can you drink alcohol on Saxenda? I am not an alcoholic or anything just an occasional drinker at an event or party. So my question is it ok to drink a glass of wine or will that cause any problem in my health like some sort of side effects, or may alcohol lower the effectiveness of Saxenda?

Boomka said:
Can you drink alcohol on Saxenda? I am not an alcoholic or anything just an occasional drinker at an event or party. So my question is it ok to drink a glass of wine or will that cause any problem in my health like some sort of side effects, or may alcohol lower the effectiveness of Saxenda?
Hello, dear @Boomka!
I wouldn't recommend it. You don't drink alcohol when on antibiotics, right? And I don't even know which strong medication allows drinking wine :)
Nobody knows how your body will react to it. You may not feel anything at all, or you may experience severe side effects. At the same time don't forget that alcohol consists of sugar. Are you sure you what to play with your sugar levels?
But it's always up to you to decide, dear! It's your life, your choices! :innocent:

Reactions: Baramame and Kate
Boomka said:
I agree with StacyB, you don't wanna mix meds with alcohol, no matter what amount you drink. Well, it is my personal opinion, plus years of research on weight loss drugs and other types of drugs we use. They all cause an extra load to the liver, so as alcohol. So, better take a pause just in case.