• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Post Pandemic Possibilities

skinnymee

skinnymee

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sydney
Hi Everyone! It's been four years since I last posted. I am happy to be back here to share what has been happening. My weightloss journey was trucking along nicely. I lost about 15 kg the first time around and managed to keep it off .... until I lost my job going into the first lockdown. I had been a loyal employee for the previous decade, and had built the business up from almost nothing when i first started. But we were a small team of 5 and the owner of the business was full of pandemic fear. So there I was at the end of March 2020 with the rug pulled out from under me. I felt deeply betrayed. I had considered my boss a close friend, but without warning he called two of us into the office one Monday morning and handed us Centrelink papers. The business closed up shop and relocated outside of Sydney. I packed up my desk and went home - bewildered - got very drunk and cried for three days.

Then, I picked myself up and decided to start my own business. I had nothing to sell at the time, but I am intelligent and experienced and I figured if anyone was going to turn things around, it had to be me. I used the super the gov allowed us access to and I poured my heart and soul into creating a way forward. The first year was cathartic. I used my pain as a creative outlet. It was also a novelty for my husband and i to work from home together - we never really used to see each other much during the week. And then he was allowed back into the office so he started going three days a week. When I go to an office, I can manage a fairly consistent schedule, but working from home is much more of a struggle because the fridge is 'right there!'

The second lockdown hit us both much harder. We began to get a bit more agitated with each other and the apartment seemed much smaller. My husband was also not enjoying his job at all, which added to the stress. As a consequence, I would buy us treats like pies, pastries and sweets in the groceries - mostly as comfort food to help us feel better. But that went on and on and on. Luckily my husband has now started a new job but I have found myself back at my original weight. In fact - 1kg heavier! At 93kgs I was the heaviest I have ever been. I tried intermittent fasting - which has always been my go-to but i couldn't fight the hunger pangs - I guess my body makeup is completely different now I have been feeding it so many carbs! So I knew what I had to do.

My Duro 30s arrived on the last Friday in May and I began the very next day! I forgot how thirsty you get but that's okay - I figure flushing out all the toxins has to be a good thing - emotionally, mentally and physically. I am super-determined and Duro was the boost I needed. I have cut out all carbs and dairy and do my best to wait until the afternoon to eat my first meal of the day.

Here are my stats for the first week:

SW: 93kgs
CW: 88.5

That's 4.5 kgs! I am aware that the first week is usually the biggest drop but I was still overjoyed with that result.

I also take measurements because when the weight isn't dropping off, typically the cm are! (Bust, under bust, waist, hips and thighs)

B 115 - 109
UB 97 - 94.5
W 96 - 92
H 116 - 108
T 69 - 67

I am looking forward to sharing my story and any advice, tips I can think of as well.
Here's to getting back on track!

Reactions: bbelinda
skinnymee said:
Hi Everyone! It's been four years since I last posted. I am happy to be back here to share what has been happening. My weightloss journey was trucking along nicely. I lost about 15 kg the first time around and managed to keep it off .... until I lost my job going into the first lockdown. I had been a loyal employee for the previous decade, and had built the business up from almost nothing when i first started. But we were a small team of 5 and the owner of the business was full of pandemic fear. So there I was at the end of March 2020 with the rug pulled out from under me. I felt deeply betrayed. I had considered my boss a close friend, but without warning he called two of us into the office one Monday morning and handed us Centrelink papers. The business closed up shop and relocated outside of Sydney. I packed up my desk and went home - bewildered - got very drunk and cried for three days.

Then, I picked myself up and decided to start my own business. I had nothing to sell at the time, but I am intelligent and experienced and I figured if anyone was going to turn things around, it had to be me. I used the super the gov allowed us access to and I poured my heart and soul into creating a way forward. The first year was cathartic. I used my pain as a creative outlet. It was also a novelty for my husband and i to work from home together - we never really used to see each other much during the week. And then he was allowed back into the office so he started going three days a week. When I go to an office, I can manage a fairly consistent schedule, but working from home is much more of a struggle because the fridge is 'right there!'

The second lockdown hit us both much harder. We began to get a bit more agitated with each other and the apartment seemed much smaller. My husband was also not enjoying his job at all, which added to the stress. As a consequence, I would buy us treats like pies, pastries and sweets in the groceries - mostly as comfort food to help us feel better. But that went on and on and on. Luckily my husband has now started a new job but I have found myself back at my original weight. In fact - 1kg heavier! At 93kgs I was the heaviest I have ever been. I tried intermittent fasting - which has always been my go-to but i couldn't fight the hunger pangs - I guess my body makeup is completely different now I have been feeding it so many carbs! So I knew what I had to do.

My Duro 30s arrived on the last Friday in May and I began the very next day! I forgot how thirsty you get but that's okay - I figure flushing out all the toxins has to be a good thing - emotionally, mentally and physically. I am super-determined and Duro was the boost I needed. I have cut out all carbs and dairy and do my best to wait until the afternoon to eat my first meal of the day.

Here are my stats for the first week:

SW: 93kgs
CW: 88.5

That's 4.5 kgs! I am aware that the first week is usually the biggest drop but I was still overjoyed with that result.

I also take measurements because when the weight isn't dropping off, typically the cm are! (Bust, under bust, waist, hips and thighs)

B 115 - 109
UB 97 - 94.5
W 96 - 92
H 116 - 108
T 69 - 67

I am looking forward to sharing my story and any advice, tips I can think of as well.
Here's to getting back on track!
Hi Everyone! I am 18 days into my weightloss journey and, as expected after such a big first drop, I have only lost a further 300 grams

SW 93kgs
CW 88.2 kgs

TW 4.8 kgs

I have to say this experience is different to any other time I have tried to lose weight and I believe it's because I am in my 40s now and my body is changing yet again. So I have been doing heaps of research to satisfy my curious mind and hope to share some of my finds over the next few weeks. In the meantime, All my other measurements are moving in the right direction as my body changes composition.

B - 109
UB - 91
W - 88.5
H - 111
T 66

I encourage everyone to take their measurements. It keeps your spirit up when the scales are not moving.

I do a 10-minute rebounder workout with weights on weekdays in the morning (before eating) and typically go for a long walk on weekends. I have also added Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) first thing in the morning before breakfast. It has multiple benefits! Here is the science behind it if you are interested https://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/how-to-use-apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss/

Reactions: bbelinda
skinnymee said:
Hi Everyone! I am 18 days into my weightloss journey and, as expected after such a big first drop, I have only lost a further 300 grams

SW 93kgs
CW 88.2 kgs

TW 4.8 kgs

I have to say this experience is different to any other time I have tried to lose weight and I believe it's because I am in my 40s now and my body is changing yet again. So I have been doing heaps of research to satisfy my curious mind and hope to share some of my finds over the next few weeks. In the meantime, All my other measurements are moving in the right direction as my body changes composition.

B - 109
UB - 91
W - 88.5
H - 111
T 66

I encourage everyone to take their measurements. It keeps your spirit up when the scales are not moving.

I do a 10-minute rebounder workout with weights on weekdays in the morning (before eating) and typically go for a long walk on weekends. I have also added Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) first thing in the morning before breakfast. It has multiple benefits! Here is the science behind it if you are interested https://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/how-to-use-apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss/
Hi Everyone! I am now 33 days into my journey. I have lost a further 2 kgs. On Saturday I went out to my best friend's birthday. I havent really been out of the house for a couple of months so i let loose a bit and drank way too much alcohol. It was my first drink in a month and will probably be my last for a while. I found it stalled my weight loss and the scales havent moved since then. Hopefully it will pick up again.

SW 93kgs
CW 85.9kgs

TW 7.1 kgs

B - 107
UB - 89
W - 87
H - 108
T - 64

I am really starting to notice my clothes feel good on again - not too tight anymore. And my skin is also looking really good. I was down to only a couple of things in my wardrobe that I could fit, so I am feeling much more confident to wear others things now. I have been thinking of new ways to reward myself (other than food) so I have been ending each day with a candle-lit bath and a podcast rather than, say, popcorn or chocolate. Now I don't even think of food as a reward. I hope this mindset sticks!

Reactions: Silolike
skinnymee said:
Hi Everyone! I am now 33 days into my journey. I have lost a further 2 kgs. On Saturday I went out to my best friend's birthday. I havent really been out of the house for a couple of months so i let loose a bit and drank way too much alcohol. It was my first drink in a month and will probably be my last for a while. I found it stalled my weight loss and the scales havent moved since then. Hopefully it will pick up again.

SW 93kgs
CW 85.9kgs

TW 7.1 kgs

B - 107
UB - 89
W - 87
H - 108
T - 64

I am really starting to notice my clothes feel good on again - not too tight anymore. And my skin is also looking really good. I was down to only a couple of things in my wardrobe that I could fit, so I am feeling much more confident to wear others things now. I have been thinking of new ways to reward myself (other than food) so I have been ending each day with a candle-lit bath and a podcast rather than, say, popcorn or chocolate. Now I don't even think of food as a reward. I hope this mindset sticks!
Thats great! 7 kg in 33 days is fabulous work!! I hope it works for me too…just waiting on my package 😍 and then the countdown starts!!!

Silolike said:
Thats great! 7 kg in 33 days is fabulous work!! I hope it works for me too…just waiting on my package 😍 and then the countdown starts!!!
It will! It's amazing. Is this your first time? If so, it takes about a week to settle into it. The main thing for me was cutting out carbs and restricting my eating window to before 3pm ... then i just don't eat until the next day. Works a treat!

skinnymee said:
It will! It's amazing. Is this your first time? If so, it takes about a week to settle into it. The main thing for me was cutting out carbs and restricting my eating window to before 3pm ... then i just don't eat until the next day. Works a treat!
Love that idea with the 3pm cut off. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: skinnymee