• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Panadol (Paracetamol) And Duromine (Phentermine)

A

Anapolis

Standard Member
Jan 9, 2017
Can I take paracetamol and phentermine?

Last night's headache was horrendous (temples). Will paracetamol interfere with or clash with the phentermine?

Cheers
Anapolis :)

Did you find out if it's ok?
I have some wicked reflux at the moment so I just called the pharmacy and they said it's ok to have mylanta or Zantac... might help you in the future if you are lucky enough to get that symptom lol.

How's it all going so far?

Reactions: Anapolis
Anapolis said:

Last night's headache was horrendous (temples). Will paracetamol interfere with or clash with the phentermine?

Cheers
As far as I know paracetamol is an anti-fever drug has nothing to do with headaches. So I suggest you using either NSAIDS (ibuprofen for example), or other painkiller. Please check out Duromine drug interactions online, drugs com for instance. But I used to take Ibuprofen with it - all was fine, just make sure you take the two pills apart - i.e. Duromine in the morning, NSAIDS when needed. Hope you're fine by now.

Thanks Kate :)

Are you in Australia or US?

Paracetamol is used commonly in Australia for headaches, pain and fever. It's an over the counter medication. I had trouble getting it in the USA last year in SFO because apparently it is prescription only over there.

My pharmacist told me last night that paracetamol was fine with phentermine but I'm reluctant to take anything whilst already medicating with the Duromine. I'll talk to my doctor next Wednesday and just try to endure it in the meantime.

Cheers :)

Fitjourney2017 said:
Did you find out if it's ok?
I have some wicked reflux at the moment so I just called the pharmacy and they said it's ok to have mylanta or Zantac... might help you in the future if you are lucky enough to get that symptom lol.

How's it all going so far?
I definitely had a better day and night headache wise but I seem to have developed a horrible tendency to sweat even in air conditioning. I like in Tropical North Queensland - have done for years but the mess are making me sweat.

To be honest though, I'd rather sweat than suffer a headache like the first night.

How are you doing today?

Anapolis said:
I definitely had a better day and night headache wise but I seem to have developed a horrible tendency to sweat even in air conditioning. I like in Tropical North Queensland - have done for years but the mess are making me sweat.

To be honest though, I'd rather sweat than suffer a headache like the first night.

How are you doing today?
I'm doing good. No symptoms other than thirst, reflux and the sweat. But I will take those symptoms because it is working. I have slowed to a loss of 300g per day but I'm down to 77.2kg :)

How's your weight loss going?

Fitjourney2017 said:
I'm doing good. No symptoms other than thirst, reflux and the sweat. But I will take those symptoms because it is working. I have slowed to a loss of 300g per day but I'm down to 77.2kg :)

How's your weight loss going?
That's great results, Fitjourney! And congratulations! What are you up to now, day 5?

After 3 days, I'm down 1kg but the most impressive thing has been the size loss. I lost 1/2kg after day one but only half of that again in the following two days so I felt disappointed so I took my measurements again to compare. I've lost a couple of cm in most places in only three days!

Did you take measurements?

I keep reading these amazing results from people but my rate seems much slower. I've been burning 3,000 cal per day and I'm only consuming 1,100 cal per day + I'm doing light to moderate exercise for 1/2 th 1 hour every day,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I keep telling myself to stay off the scales but I just can't help it

Anapolis said:
That's great results, Fitjourney! And congratulations! What are you up to now, day 5?

After 3 days, I'm down 1kg but the most impressive thing has been the size loss. I lost 1/2kg after day one but only half of that again in the following two days so I felt disappointed so I took my measurements again to compare. I've lost a couple of cm in most places in only three days!

Did you take measurements?

I keep reading these amazing results from people but my rate seems much slower. I've been burning 3,000 cal per day and I'm only consuming 1,100 cal per day + I'm doing light to moderate exercise for 1/2 th 1 hour every day,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I keep telling myself to stay off the scales but I just can't help it

So I put on 300g yesterday. I consumed less than 1200 cals and not enough water... that's the problem.
I find when I drink 2-3l a day and eat exactly 1200 cals I have a loss!

I also just got my period so I could be bloated.

I am hiking a fair bit too. I do at least 5km per day. If I don't walk I don't loose... I tried to be lazy but it just didn't work.

Maybe if you bump up the intensity it might help?

What's your meal plan like?

I have done measurements but not much of a loss... I have only lost 2kg from the duromine.

Fitjourney2017 said:
So I put on 300g yesterday. I consumed less than 1200 cals and not enough water... that's the problem.
I find when I drink 2-3l a day and eat exactly 1200 cals I have a loss!

I also just got my period so I could be bloated.

I am hiking a fair bit too. I do at least 5km per day. If I don't walk I don't loose... I tried to be lazy but it just didn't work.

Maybe if you bump up the intensity it might help?

What's your meal plan like?
Water is important under any circumstances. I would think you'd need at least 2L per day.

I consume an average of 1,100 calls per day. We eat whole foods in my house which is good.

After 5 whole days on Duro I've only lost 1.5kg total and I want to complain but I can't help but feel I should be grateful.

I'm expecting a gain tomorrow because today I only burned 2,400cals where over the previous days I've burned 2,600-3,100cals and I've eaten 1,193cals. It has been a very rainy day today so walking was slowed and I only went out in the weather once. I'm trying to make peace with it now before bed so I don't cry on the scales tomorrow.

I feel like the effects of the Duro is wearing off because I have no symptoms (like no jitters and no cotton mouth anymore and my resting heartrate has slowed to normal and my heart rate is back in the 50's and 60's when I'm sedentary. but in the last four days it has been higher. Also when I did walk, my heart rate escalates into the fat burn zone very quickly but now I have to shuffle/semi-jog to get it up to 92bpm which hurts my knees too much.

Is this possible that it's wearing off?

Don't stress about the gain - many factors can influence that from retention of water, retention of waste or periods. I'm always 2-4kg heavier every 28 days

Anapolis said:
Water is important under any circumstances. I would think you'd need at least 2L per day.

I consume an average of 1,100 calls per day. We eat whole foods in my house which is good.

After 5 whole days on Duro I've only lost 1.5kg total and I want to complain but I can't help but feel I should be grateful.

I'm expecting a gain tomorrow because today I only burned 2,400cals where over the previous days I've burned 2,600-3,100cals and I've eaten 1,193cals. It has been a very rainy day today so walking was slowed and I only went out in the weather once. I'm trying to make peace with it now before bed so I don't cry on the scales tomorrow.

I feel like the effects of the Duro is wearing off because I have no symptoms (like no jitters and no cotton mouth anymore and my resting heartrate has slowed to normal and my heart rate is back in the 50's and 60's when I'm sedentary. but in the last four days it has been higher. Also when I did walk, my heart rate escalates into the fat burn zone very quickly but now I have to shuffle/semi-jog to get it up to 92bpm which hurts my knees too much.

Is this possible that it's wearing off?

Don't stress about the gain - many factors can influence that from retention of water, retention of waste or periods. I'm always 2-4kg heavier every 28 days

How did you go with your weigh in?
I gained but then lost it all the next day so it must have been the no water so far it is day 9 and I have lost 2.9kg. It's gone down to 100g a day. The doctor told me that was a Norma loss. He also said that after week one I should have no side effects... I have none at all. Just no appetite

Anapolis said:

Paracetamol is used commonly in Australia for headaches, pain and fever. It's an over the counter medication. I had trouble getting it in the USA last year in SFO because apparently it is prescription only over there.

My pharmacist told me last night that paracetamol was fine with phentermine but I'm reluctant to take anything whilst already medicating with the Duromine. I'll talk to my doctor next Wednesday and just try to endure it in the meantime.

Hi
I have started taking Duromine 3 days ago and had strong headaches.
I have started with nurofen 2tablets today and now I'm ok It doesn't interact with duromine.
I have checked with pharmacist.
Cheers
Mimi

Reactions: Anapolis and Kate
Yes, ibuprofen is pretty much the safest painkiller which doesn't interact with many meds. That's why I recommended it in the first place.

Anapolis said:

Cheers

Hi it wont interfere but doesnt help much either. Try taking 2 tabs of ibuprofen after you had a bite and it will make a difference. Also after few days the body adjusts and headaches cease. Takes about a week or less depending on the person. It took me 4 now on the 5 day and I'm feeling very good actually and finally could sleep. So..the first week its the worst. Be patient and give yourself time. You'll make it! Cheers Mimi

Anapolis said:

A late reply I know, but I'm in Australia, I just had 1 Panamax, my headache is bad! I'm feeling fine :) but slight headache is still there.