• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉
Sam45 said:
Hi there everyone - newbie here.
I have been on 30mg for 3 weeks now and have lost exactly 1 kilo. Not having insomnia (I can get by on 6 hours mostly), not really any change in my appetite, not crazy thirsty, no side effects at all, I am pretty active during the day - but am at a desk for most of it. What am I doing wrong or should I go for the higher dose? I would like to lose 15 kilos and it's just not shifting (wrong side of 40 hahahaha)
Hello, dear @Sam45! Don't forget to drink not less than 3 liters each day, it speeds up your metabolism. What do you usually eat? Did you change your eating habits? Do you exercise?

Reactions: Dre
StacyB said:
Hello, dear @Sam45! Don't forget to drink not less than 3 liters each day, it speeds up your metabolism. What do you usually eat? Did you change your eating habits? Do you exercise?
I've been drink 1.5-2 litres a day - that's a lot for me - will try to up it. I eat one meal a day mostly healthy stuff, and do still have alcohol, exercise is limited to the running around I do during the day 5000 steps minimum, I should do more but I did think I would've lost more than 1 kg - just renewed the 30mg script for another 2 months so lets see ....

Sam45 said:
I've been drink 1.5-2 litres a day - that's a lot for me - will try to up it. I eat one meal a day mostly healthy stuff, and do still have alcohol, exercise is limited to the running around I do during the day 5000 steps minimum, I should do more but I did think I would've lost more than 1 kg - just renewed the 30mg script for another 2 months so lets see ....
@Sam45, I would recommend you drinking more than 1,5-2 liters. One meal a day? No, no, no. Try eating 3 times a day plus 2 snacks. Make your portions super small, but eat 3 times a day. I think that's your main problem. Eating small portions should speeds up your metabolism.

Reactions: SayWhat
Hey, @Sam45, I totally agree with @StacyB. One meal a day it's not good for your health and for your weight loss progress.

Reactions: Dre and StacyB
SayWhat said:
Hey, @Sam45, I totally agree with @StacyB. One meal a day it's not good for your health and for your weight loss progress.
Is it best to take after breakfast?

Fashionista101 said:
Is it best to take after breakfast?
Hello Fashionista101
great question to ask, everyone is different of course, however it is best to have breakfast first :)
duromine acts as an appetite suppressant so you will find that you eat less during your day,
make sure to drink plenty of water and i find that fruit is great to snack on..

Hugs
Dre

Dre said:
Hello Fashionista101
great question to ask, everyone is different of course, however it is best to have breakfast first :)
duromine acts as an appetite suppressant so you will find that you eat less during your day,
make sure to drink plenty of water and i find that fruit is great to snack on..

Hugs
Dre
Hi Dre,
I’m starting my journey today… fingers crossed. I was abit hesitant with all the side effects but decided to try it out and see how I go with it & thank you for your handy hints re water and fruit.
thanx again

Reactions: Dre
hi all!

i am starting on duromine (hopefully) next week in preparation for my wedding that is in 5 weeks time (i know i have possibly left it a little late..).

I've read posts about plateus after 1/2 weeks, and wanted to get your tips on how to maximise weight loss by the end of 5 weeks - should i do intermittent fasting, do a calorie increase in one of the later weeks to trick my body into shedding weight again?

I am hoping to lose about 8-10ks in the 5 weeks.

Would love to hear any tips and stories!

Thanks

Fashionista101 said:
Hi Dre,
I’m starting my journey today… fingers crossed. I was abit hesitant with all the side effects but decided to try it out and see how I go with it & thank you for your handy hints re water and fruit.
thanx again
it is my pleasure Fashionista101
i've been part of this magical Forum for a long time and have experience in all 3 strengths :)
i also run a team that protects the Forum from Scammers called "The Slayers" so you are in good hands my love!
if you have any questions please feel free to ask, i'm never far away and April or StacyB know their stuff ;)

Hugs
Dre

Reactions: Fashionista101
bellabambini said:
hi all!

i am starting on duromine (hopefully) next week in preparation for my wedding that is in 5 weeks time (i know i have possibly left it a little late..).

I've read posts about plateus after 1/2 weeks, and wanted to get your tips on how to maximise weight loss by the end of 5 weeks - should i do intermittent fasting, do a calorie increase in one of the later weeks to trick my body into shedding weight again?

Thanks
Hello, dear @bellabambini!
It's all depends on you and your body. Usually, the first results come after week 1 when your body gets used to Duromine and new processes in your organism.
To maximize the effects of Duromine you need to stay physically active and eat healthy meals. You can try Intermittent fasting and see how it goes. Some people like Keto diet also. Just find what is better for you. The main rule is to avoid junk food and to drink plenty of water. Water helps Duromine to work better and speeds up your metabolism. Also, it helps to avoid side effects.
You can read other users' experiences HERE.
If you need any diet tips, you can read these THREADS.
All the tips for newbies are HERE.
Feel free to ask here any questions. I wish you a successful weight loss journey, dear! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: April and Dre
bellabambini said:
hi all!

Thanks
Ciao Bellabambini, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I hope this exciting time isn't too stressful for you. I have three pieces of advice that I find helpful: 1. Removing processed foods completely (though this can be hard if you don't have the time to prepare your own meals), 2. Eating meals that are high in protein with lots of non-starchy vegetables, and 3. Drinking lots of water or herbal teas. I like to add rose water or cucumber to my water to encourage me to enjoy it throughout the day. There's some great videos on YouTube that provide advice on what to do if you experience a weight loss plateau. Wishing you all the very best as you embark on your 'shred and wed' journey!

I've just started on day 4 of duromine. 15mg. I struggling . I've had basic only 3 hours sleep in two days. I havnt felt hungry but cause I have type two diabetes I usually force my self too eat.. I try have my main meal at lunch time an only a light snack at nite I have lost a bit. I really hope I can stick to this ...

Aussielady71 said:
I've just started on day 4 of duromine. 15mg. I struggling . I've had basic only 3 hours sleep in two days. I havnt felt hungry but cause I have type two diabetes I usually force my self too eat.. I try have my main meal at lunch time an only a light snack at nite I have lost a bit. I really hope I can stick to this ...
Do you drink enough water?
Try to take your pill at 5-6 o'clock in the morning. Make sure, you have 4-5 small meals per day.

Reactions: riley
Hi guys, I'm starting Duromine 30 tomorrow. Got 30kgs to lose and would love to have a buddy or a group to check-in with.
I'm at 92kgs at the moment and quite short so it's a bit difficult to enjoy working out at the moment. Looking at mainly doing cross-trainer and walking to start off with. I'm going to try a VLCD, but will depend on how I feel on it.
I went on my first diet when I was 11 and have been struggling ever since. Had a few years here and there of being quit fit, but any time I get injured I tend to spiral pretty quickly. I love weightlifting and running, but haven't done either in a few years. My main goal is to take enough weight off so I can enjoy these things again and just move around more easily in general.
If it matters I'm female, mid-thirtirs, no kids, work from home, love to read and learn.
Anyone interested in connecting?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: April
Nika_83 said:
Hi guys, I'm starting Duromine 30 tomorrow. Got 30kgs to lose and would love to have a buddy or a group to check-in with.
I'm at 92kgs at the moment and quite short so it's a bit difficult to enjoy working out at the moment. Looking at mainly doing cross-trainer and walking to start off with. I'm going to try a VLCD, but will depend on how I feel on it.
I went on my first diet when I was 11 and have been struggling ever since. Had a few years here and there of being quit fit, but any time I get injured I tend to spiral pretty quickly. I love weightlifting and running, but haven't done either in a few years. My main goal is to take enough weight off so I can enjoy these things again and just move around more easily in general.
If it matters I'm female, mid-thirtirs, no kids, work from home, love to read and learn.
Anyone interested in connecting?
Hi Nika_83,

Welcome to the forum! I'm always happy to see new people and I hope you truly enjoy staying within our friendly community:) :heart:
Have you ever tried VLCD before?

I personally love the Keto diet, because it helps you lose weight without feeling hungry. In combination with Duromine, it can do wonders.
BTW, for how long do you plan to take Duromine?

Reactions: Nika_83
Hi Everyone,

Great reading everyone's updates and success stories

SW: 81.1kg
Height: 167cm
GW: 67kg

I have recently started Duromine 30mg for 1 month with a docs appointment after the 30days. I am on my 4th day currently and not really experienced to many side effects a lil dry mouth and interrupted sleep the first couple of nights.

I have not lost my appetite completely and maintaining 1200-1400 calories a day of good fats, carbs and protein. Drinking about 4lt of water ( I was a big water drinker anyway). Definately not craving sweets or junk food anymore which was a big issue for me.

I will weigh in weekly to track how things are going.

Excited for this journey!

Reactions: April and Nika_83
Hi April, yes I have done a VLCD on HCG years and years ago and it was pretty awesome. Worked really well for a while and kept the weight off for a good long while after too. Tried it again later on, but couldn't get my hands on the HCG and nothing else seemed to do the trick in terms of surpressing appetite.

I have tried Keto before and I would really like to get the hang of it. But I found it incredibly restrictive. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but never got into Ketosis, just miserably skirted along the low-carb range. It seems that so many veggies and fruit are out of bounds or have to be restricted.

How did you find it? Did you find you had to say goodbye to corn, pumpkin, bananas, mandarins, sweet potatoes etc?
Would love to give it another go.

I am looking at focussing on protein and veggies, but life without bread seems super daunting right now ;) I did get Keto shakes, which just means they have a better protein to carbs ratio than other shake, not actual keto I don't think.

My doctor mentioned 4 to 5months of continuous use of the Duromine, but I have another check-in in 6 weeks and we'll go from there.

And Hi Shylo! Good luck ! Look forward to hearing your progress.
April said:
Hi Nika_83,

Welcome to the forum! I'm always happy to see new people and I hope you truly enjoy staying within our friendly community:) :heart:
Have you ever tried VLCD before?

I personally love the Keto diet, because it helps you lose weight without feeling hungry. In combination with Duromine, it can do wonders.
BTW, for how long do you plan to take Duromine?

Shylo said:
Hi Everyone,

Great reading everyone's updates and success stories

SW: 81.1kg
Height: 167cm
GW: 67kg

I have recently started Duromine 30mg for 1 month with a docs appointment after the 30days. I am on my 4th day currently and not really experienced to many side effects a lil dry mouth and interrupted sleep the first couple of nights.

I have not lost my appetite completely and maintaining 1200-1400 calories a day of good fats, carbs and protein. Drinking about 4lt of water ( I was a big water drinker anyway). Definately not craving sweets or junk food anymore which was a big issue for me.

I will weigh in weekly to track how things are going.

Excited for this journey!
Hello Shylo,

Nice goals and I wish you good luck on them:party:
How do you feel today? How's your sleep?

Hi Everyone,
I started my Duromine journey last Thursday. I have followed a low carb diet for the last 8 years with great results and can usually maintain my weight. But not this time. I have found myself 10kg heavier than I want to be!!! My low carb diet usually involves alot of fat and dairy products. I don't follow calories, just carb content of products.

I think my diet will have to change whilst taking Duromine and will try to maintain a low carb but healthy protein and veg/fruit diet. Does this sound good?

Any advice gratefully received :)

Reactions: April
Mackerx said:
Hi Everyone,
I started my Duromine journey last Thursday. I have followed a low carb diet for the last 8 years with great results and can usually maintain my weight. But not this time. I have found myself 10kg heavier than I want to be!!! My low carb diet usually involves alot of fat and dairy products. I don't follow calories, just carb content of products.

I think my diet will have to change whilst taking Duromine and will try to maintain a low carb but healthy protein and veg/fruit diet. Does this sound good?

Any advice gratefully received :)
Hi lovely Mackerx,

Everyone is different. What works for me can not work for you, and it's fine. :)
IMO, the best thing to do is to make healthy eating a life habit. I, personally, love KETO, when I need to lose extra kilos fast and easy. The Keto diet allows me to feel full and happy. When I'm on it, I don't have any cravings at all. ;)

How do you feel on Duromine? What do you eat now?