• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Metermine And Me (Kezwana) - A Happy Ending...

K

Kezwana

Standard Member
Jun 9, 2016
Hi,

Metermine helped me get my life (and marriage) back on track... It worked for me, so I just wanted to share my experience (the good and not so good), to hopefully give some encouragement to those who are just starting (or restarting) their weight loss journey...

Let me start off by saying I was addicted to food - seriously! I thought about it all the time! I was a self confessed serial dieter. The last time I lost weight was over 5 years ago after spending six months doing a shake diet. The weight slowly went back on due to a combination of over eating, being short, a family history of extreme curviness, and no motivation or self control.

Last Christmas I was at an all time low. All I wanted to do was sleep and eat. I was puffed just walking up one flight of stairs. My relationship with my husband was strained. He felt that because I hated myself (my weight) that I had become shut off and didn't care or want to do anything anymore - which I didn't. I didn't want him to look at me when I couldn't look at myself...

Then the health issues started. After a week of headaches I went to the doctors. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, borderline anaemia, high cholesterol and at high risk of diabetes. My BMI was 30. After talking with the doctor about options, I decided to try Duromine.

I was given Metermine 15mg, and so the journey started... I know lots of people start on 30mg but 15mg seemed to work for me at the start. I saw a difference quickly. I turned into a house cleaning machine. I literally could clean from morning to night (and I hate cleaning). My tiredness vanished, I was motivated and the weight started to come off steadily. I did experience a dry mouth, some heart racing moments and sweating initially, but it all subsided after a couple of weeks (and lots of water). I did not feel hungry at all, and had no cravings. In fact, if I didn't have to record what I ate for the dietician, then I think I would have skipped many meals - which is not the way to do it.

Let me say at this point, the drug is meant to support your weight loss. You will not keep the weight off if you do not exercise or eat right. I was told you need to change your habits so when you stop you don't fall back into the old routine. I saw a dietician regularly and started walking. I didn't walk regularly though as I was too busy cleaning :).

After almost a couple of months on 15mg (and a very clean house) I went back for a check up at the doctors. I had lost nearly 10kgs, my blood pressure had returned to normal and I had halved my cholesterol. I was feeling tired (probably from all the cleaning), so the doctor put me up to 30mg.

I must tell you at this point about a couple of other side affects that I had experienced... The first was a change in my emotions. I was either super happy or paranoid and extremely emotional. The other side affect was an increase in my libido. Like a big increase! I am not sure if others had experienced this... I was not sure whether it was because I felt more confident about myself after losing some weight, or in combination with the drug. Whatever it was it really helped my relationship. My husband struggled to keep up with me!

After taking Metermine for about four months total, one day I decided to just stop. I had lost about 16 kgs in that time and felt 100% healthier. I was in a good head space and had my diet down pat. I have since lost another couple of kgs just through eating right and keeping active. The want to eat came back but can't compete with the self control - although it's tested at time.

I am still classed as 'overweight' according to all those BMI calculators. I still have curves (and always will), but I am happy. I now have a waist (lost 14cm), and my relationship with my husband is the best it's been in years. I am sure our marriage would not have survived another year if I had not gotten help to get out of the rut I was in.

Metermine, in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise, played a big part in turning my life around. I get that not every diet works for everyone, just like Metermine/Duromine may not work for everyone who tries it. At the end of the day, you need to find what works for you and give it a good go and stay strong! It's not about how quick you can lose the weight, but about making changes so the weight stays off.. Yes there are bumps along the way, but keep sight of the bigger (or should I say 'smaller') picture;).

I have read many articles on the use of Duromine/Metermine. I hope that by sharing my story it gives hope to others...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Amelie and Teex
Fantastic Kezwana! What a great story! Well done on your amazing results! :)

Reactions: Kezwana