Low carb / Nutrition

Alice

Alice

Standard Member
Aug 16, 2015
Grocery List / My Shopping Routine / Cooking meals

Hi guys! :)

My name is Alice and I came from another service dedicated to healthy meals and weight loss. I find this forum very informative, so I decided to ask you, people, to guide me on your shopping routine, grocery list, and cooking meals.

I know we're all different, therefore it would be great to find out which one of you and how often go shopping for groceries, what products you use and how many times a week/day you cook your meals. I am sure this topic will be interesting and useful not only for me but for you as well.

To start with, I suggest you answer some basic questions:

1. How often do you go grocery shopping during the month?

2. How many products are you comfortable buying at once?

3. Do you like cooking daily to achieve the desired result, or would you prefer to cook every 2-3 days?

You are welcome to add your questions/answers or related topics here. Let's share our experience!

B

BarbaraN

Standard Member
Feb 17, 2021
I guess I would be the first one to start)

1. We used to go shopping once a month, now it's more like once in two weeks (because of a different job of my hubby, takes us longer to get to the store).
2. We usually take chicken and turkey for two weeks (I separate them into portions and put them away to freezer), veggies like potatoes, tomato, cabbage, broccoli, some iceberg, parsley, onions, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic, about 10-12 cans of different beans (chickpeas, lentils also), 3-6 small cans of tuna, 1-2 liters of vegetable broth, 2-3 dozens of eggs (great source of protein when we don't wanna meat). Overall we try to buy everything for at least 2 weeks, as it helps to save a little bit, but better to do it once a month.
3. We both work, so lot of the time the canned beans, tuna and eggs save us in the evenings)) But when I'm free, mostly on the weekends I cook for two days, something like mushroom or veggie cream-soup, vegetable stew (whatever veggies are in the fridge that week) because it's good both cold and hot, some turkey/chicken meatballs, or some tomato/tuna pasta sauce (very handy to separate to portions and freeze). During the week we eat either that, or my hubby makes easy scrambled eggs with vegetables, or I make a greens salad for dinner.

• Love
Reactions: Alice and StacyB
E

Edelweiss

Standard Member
Nov 13, 2019
Queensland
Hi all, I'm gladly adding my groceries list as it is usually recorded in my phone app) Yeah, I'm a perfectionist lol. So here’s my list for a month:

Vegetables & fruit:

spinach, celery, scallions, tomatoes, parsley, broccoli, onions, cucumber, asparagus, garlic, bell peppers, champignons (or any other fresh mushroom), zucchini, lettuce (or iceberg), red cabbage, greens salad mix, frozen vegetable mix, pickles, tomato sauce, apples, pears, avocado, mango, raisins, orange and lemon juice.

Meat:

chicken breast, turkey breast, lean beef (for the meatballs). Canned tuna (1-3 cans as usually we have some at home), beans, chickpeas, lentils (I cook delicious veggie cream soup).

Eggs (two dozen at least), butter, mozzarella, cream cheese (for breakfast), creme fraiche, cheddar. Sometimes we also get balsamic vinegar, olive oil, coconut oil, salt, pepper, various spices (oregano, marjoram, turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes, etc.) when we are out of them.

No panic) We take small amounts of each, so that we get everything we need, but not too much.

1. Once a month
2. just answered.
3. we like cooking daily. Mostly fresh salads, pasta, grilled veggies and meat, or some meat leftovers from weekend's dinner (frozen and then mixed with pasta or cous cous).

Good day everybody! Would love to have some new and easy recipes from you.

SwitLove

SwitLove

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2020
Australia
Hi!
Here's my two cents: I agree with Edelweiss, we also like to buy food for at least a month. Thankfully we have local ALDI nearby and it takes us with my sweetheart not much time. But we like to buy everything except fresh veggies, because we found an incredible small farm and get delicious and freshest greens, vegetables and fruit from them.
1. We go shopping 1 per month or so.
2. A month's supply for two.
3. We enjoy cooking every evening.