• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Lost 22 kg so far (2 months on Duromine)

E

elleisme

Standard Member
Nov 5, 2016
Oh wow. It's been such a long time. I went on Duromine back in 2016 and lost some kgs in less than a month. The side effects, headaches, difficulty to sleep, fast heartbeat etc. were bad. So I stopped. Fast forward to mid 2020, I had a medical emergency due to my increasing weight (the pandemic and working from home didn't help). That was a turning point. I decided to try losing weight again and I tried really hard this time. I started to eat in calorie deficit and eat clean but I found myself hungry all the time. So I started Duromine again and a month after that I started keto.

SW: 87 kg
CW: 65 kg
GW: 45 kg
Height: 156 cm

Total lost: 22 kg

I gotta say Xmas, my birthday and new year celebrations were a challenge. I got into some "arguments" with some people for not eating some things.

I'm around 2 months and half in with Duromine so far and I'm starting to feel that the suppressing hunger effect is wearing off since last week. I'm bit worried about this as I'm snacking more than before and actually eating my maintenance calorie instead of calorie deficit now. I've also gained 1 kg. I was 64 kg last week and now I'm 65 kg.

I have 2 more months supply that I obtained through other means as my doctor would only give me three months. Right now I still have another 5-10 kg to lose to be of normal BMI. I'm hoping to lose 15-20 kg more but I'd be totally happy being 60 - 55 kg vs 87 kg. Considering I've been obese for like a decade. Yikes!

Do you guys think that I should stop Duromine and try to change up my diet? Maybe have some carbs again like a wrap or something? I'm hungry all the time now which leads me to snacking a lot.

Also, do you think I could get back on Duromine and finish the remaining 2 months supply and my body will be responsive to it again? I'm just afraid that I will gain the weight back and will be back to square one once stop. Although, in the last 4-5 months I did learn to eat more healthy and I did so even before I started Duromine. So I guess my eating habit of eating healthy foods is probably okay by now but I'm hungry all the time and tend to binge so that's still bad.

I would think it's possible that my body will be sensitive to the appetite suppressing effect again as I used it back in 2016 and it worked again in 2020? If so, how many months should I wait?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SlimStephen
To add on, there are lots of perks to losing 22 kg of weight. I keep reminding myself of these everyday when my willpower starting to dwindle.

For one, my weight has not started with number 6 for a very long time probably since high school. And my old clothes fit again, not just fit, they are loose on me now. Which feels really great. Jeans and shorts that I couldn't squeeze into anymore these last couple of years, I can put on and need a belt now. It's amazing. I don't need to shop plus size anymore, I can fit into an M size. I don't get tired and out of breath walking anymore. Guys show more interest in me now. Sure, I never ran out of male admirers before but there's more to choose from now. Even exes and old love interests reached out to me. Not gonna lie, it's a great confident booster. I sure wasn't ugly, people used to give me offhanded compliment that I got a pretty face, if only I lost some weight. This did bother me sometimes but not too much.

Also, I almost have a thigh gap now. And to think of the possibility of not chaffing or burning holes through pants anymore. I so want that.

Over the years, I tried so many times to lose weight for vanity reasons, I freaked out when reached 87 kg. But nothing happened. I stuck to a diet for like 2 weeks and went on my merry way again. This is the first time I've ever made a huge progress.

The wake up call was in the form of a life threatening condition. I was in a hospital for a week and I literally almost died. That was when I told myself I will never let something like this happen again if I could help it. I'm going on this weight loss journey so that I can live. Oh God I do want to live.

Now I'm just trying to hold on to some motivation and willpower that is dwindling. Maybe the vanity reasons wouldn't hurt. I still haven't bought new clothes so far, only one little black dress and it looks really good on me. My doctor also said I've done a good job and took me off medications.

Hello,dear @elleisme :sun:
Wow! 22 kg is an amazing result!!! :heart_eyes:
Duromine helps you with cravings, it suppresses your appetite. I think it is better to change your eating habits when on Duromine.
If you feel that you started gaining again, try to increase your carbs intake for a few days. And then go back to a calorie deficit, it will help to boost your metabolism again. :blush:
Don't listen to people who think different, it's your life, it's your goal. Just remember why you decided to change your lifestyle and go towards your dream :heart:
I wish you a successful weight loss journey! :heart::kissing_heart:

elleisme said:
Oh wow. It's been such a long time. I went on Duromine back in 2016 and lost some kgs in less than a month. The side effects, headaches, difficulty to sleep, fast heartbeat etc. were bad. So I stopped. Fast forward to mid 2020, I had a medical emergency due to my increasing weight (the pandemic and working from home didn't help). That was a turning point. I decided to try losing weight again and I tried really hard this time. I started to eat in calorie deficit and eat clean but I found myself hungry all the time. So I started Duromine again and a month after that I started keto.

I gotta say Xmas, my birthday and new year celebrations were a challenge. I got into some "arguments" with some people for not eating some things.

I'm around 2 months and half in with Duromine so far and I'm starting to feel that the suppressing hunger effect is wearing off since last week. I'm bit worried about this as I'm snacking more than before and actually eating my maintenance calorie instead of calorie deficit now. I've also gained 1 kg. I was 64 kg last week and now I'm 65 kg.

I have 2 more months supply that I obtained through other means as my doctor would only give me three months. Right now I still have another 5-10 kg to lose to be of normal BMI. I'm hoping to lose 15-20 kg more but I'd be totally happy being 60 - 55 kg vs 87 kg. Considering I've been obese for like a decade. Yikes!

Do you guys think that I should stop Duromine and try to change up my diet? Maybe have some carbs again like a wrap or something? I'm hungry all the time now which leads me to snacking a lot.

Also, do you think I could get back on Duromine and finish the remaining 2 months supply and my body will be responsive to it again? I'm just afraid that I will gain the weight back and will be back to square one once stop. Although, in the last 4-5 months I did learn to eat more healthy and I did so even before I started Duromine. So I guess my eating habit of eating healthy foods is probably okay by now but I'm hungry all the time and tend to binge so that's still bad.

I would think it's possible that my body will be sensitive to the appetite suppressing effect again as I used it back in 2016 and it worked again in 2020? If so, how many months should I wait?

Thanks in advance.
Great results!!! :party::party::party: What about physical activity? It's also important :cool:

@elleisme good job! congratulations! :bomb: Don't forget to drink water.

Wow, this is such an inspiring post, @elleisme!:heart::heart::heart:
You've already done a great job by losing 22 kilograms of excessive weight :bomb: (btw, maybe you want to share the 'before' and 'after' photos with the community?)
As for Duromine, you tell that you've taken it for 2,5 months and you've stopped feeling the appetite suppressing effect. Indeed, it can happen when you take the pills for a very long time or the dose is too small for you. You can try a higher dose to speed things up.
Also, you told that you had awful side effects the first time you tried the pills. How about this time? Do you experience any adverse reactions?

The Keto diet you used is ahhmaaazing for a fast and healthy weight loss. If you still feel hungry on it, you probably need to increase the calorie intake. In other words, add one more small meal to your daily eating plan. ;) You can get carbs from fruits and berries.

Look forward to hearing about your future results :sun:

elleisme said:

Thanks in advance.
I lost 21 kilos in 3 months while on duromine. Then inbthe next 6 weeks I lost another 6 5 kilos. Total 27.5kg in 4 1/2 months. Its been 7 months since I started my new lifestyle journey when I was 103.7kgs. I have been 76.2kg since October. 4 clothes sizes smaller. I lost 30cm off my stomach.

I have kept up my healthy eating habits and daily exercises.

Dont give up. Hang in there.

Last edited by a moderator: