• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Ozempic is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Is hair loss a side effect of ozempic?

S

Smashsh

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2020
Ok so as far as I got it from other people’s stories, in the list of ozempic side effects hair loss is not at the top. But apparently, when you increase the dose, hair loss becomes a common thing. I did all the lab tests to find out the clue on my hair loss and they were all normal. Looks like it was this medication after all...

Which is why my doc decided to pull me off Ozempic. My question is to those who have had the same problem: what medication did you use that also caused hair loss but that you managed to maintain losing weight or keep the weight off you already lost?

Smashsh said:
Ok so as far as I got it from other people’s stories, in the list of ozempic side effects hair loss is not at the top. But apparently, when you increase the dose, hair loss becomes a common thing. I did all the lab tests to find out the clue on my hair loss and they were all normal. Looks like it was this medication after all...

Which is why my doc decided to pull me off Ozempic. My question is to those who have had the same problem: what medication did you use that also caused hair loss but that you managed to maintain losing weight or keep the weight off you already lost?
Hello, dear @Smashsh! That's right; hair loss is a rare side effect. But sometimes, it happens.
First of all, you must be sure that Ozempic is to blame. When we start our weight loss journey, we want to eat less, sometimes forgetting about all the nutrients our body needs. You shouldn't forget to consume fruits, vegetables, and other food rich in vitamins and micro/macronutrients. Lack of it leads to hair loss as well.
Usually, hair loss side effect occurs between six weeks and three months after you start the course of treatment. If hair loss starts right after taking Ozempic, within a few days or a week, the cause is often something else.