• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!
Heart palpitations can be a sign of a side effect of Duromine. It's always better to check these things with your doctor. :kissing:

Reverie said:
What kind heart related?
Anything heart related. I have the script but I'm just scared to get it filled out as these heart problems in the family not me personally and I just worry that if I take duromine I may end up with damage to my Heart or liver. I've just read a few minority people have had issues after long term use and I'm trying to decide it they are worth taking. I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm sure they will be a big help it's just that Initial feeling of the unknown.

I don't have heart problems in my family but I have Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver disease, a hepatic haemangioma and elevated liver enzymes before starting the medication. My doctor put me on 15mg to see how I would handle it and then upped it to 30mg. I've had a high heart rate ever since starting the higher dose and my doctor has been monitoring it every second day. Unfortunately if its still high tomorrow I go off them or cut back. If you're worried about long term use you could always try it and see how you go as everyone is different. If you decide to take them you can also ask your doctor to monitor you if you're worried :)

Your doc can check all your health before giving duromine. That's what my doc did. I know it gives energy. But I never had any heart issues. But each person is different. There are other ways to loose weight I guess. There is a programme that you can join. People have lost so much weight through that. I can give name off person to contact. I am not joining at this stage coz of fasting time. But after this will do

Princesss said:
Anything heart related. I have the script but I'm just scared to get it filled out as these heart problems in the family not me personally and I just worry that if I take duromine I may end up with damage to my Heart or liver. I've just read a few minority people have had issues after long term use and I'm trying to decide it they are worth taking. I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm sure they will be a big help it's just that Initial feeling of the unknown.
Hi Princess,

This was one of my BIG fears too, I was truly terrified to start, the 30mg script sat in the draw for about 6 months. I got very scared when I googled side effects, but I spoke to my doctor and got a lower script to start (15mg).

FIRST FEW DAYS: I had dry mouth and a headache (this was from me not eating enough), but then I was fine, there was zero heart rate problems, which was my huge fear as I have an irregular heart rate. IF you start don't be scared of the first few days, this is when you body is adjusting

DURING: Dry mouth was the only side effect - this never went away for me, but it forced me to drink plenty of water.

LONG TERM: There should not be any long term use, a doctor should only prescribe for 3 months at a time, then let your body get clear of it for a while, then if monitored maybe a second round.

Best of Luck

ShelleyBris :)

Reactions: April
Unforunately woke up with a miragine this morning so decided not to take duromine today :pensive: .. Aiming for tomorrow morning - has anyone taken half of their duromine in the beginning and building up to your full dose per day to see if you react? ***** Started 30mg duromine in the morning. Iā€™m really worried about side effects. I know I may not even get any but Iā€™m an over thinker lol
For those whose had side effects when have you noticed them? As in how long after taking duromine did you react? Iā€™m contemplating setting my alarm for like 3am taking it then going back to sleep so Iā€™m not stressing waiting for something to happen lol I feel so silly but my brain just wonā€™t switch off :worried:

Sunnysun said:
Unforunately woke up with a miragine this morning so decided not to take duromine today :pensive: .. Aiming for tomorrow morning - has anyone taken half of their duromine in the beginning and building up to your full dose per day to see if you react? ***** Started 30mg duromine in the morning. Iā€™m really worried about side effects. I know I may not even get any but Iā€™m an over thinker lol
For those whose had side effects when have you noticed them? As in how long after taking duromine did you react? Iā€™m contemplating setting my alarm for like 3am taking it then going back to sleep so Iā€™m not stressing waiting for something to happen lol I feel so silly but my brain just wonā€™t switch off :worried:
The most i suffered with was a dry mouth... Also when stopping after a week cause thats what my dr gave me for a trial as I didnt have the funds at the time I turned into a complete bitch with a horrible attitude.

Pretty said:
The most i suffered with was a dry mouth... Also when stopping after a week cause thats what my dr gave me for a trial as I didnt have the funds at the time I turned into a complete bitch with a horrible attitude.
Dry mouth doesnā€™t sound to bad compared to some other symptoms listed .. still a pain but I think I could deal with that over being dizzy and heart palpitations :neutral:

Sunnysun said:
Dry mouth doesnā€™t sound to bad compared to some other symptoms listed .. still a pain but I think I could deal with that over being dizzy and heart palpitations :neutral:
Drink loads off water for the first week other wise ur mouth taste like uve been eating number 2 nappys lol

Pretty said:
Drink loads off water for the first week other wise ur mouth taste like uve been eating number 2 nappys lol
Well I donā€™t like the sound of that one :laughing:

Sunnysun said:
I had one night bad sleep. Was so alert. My biggest side effect is the dry mouth. And occasionally if I don't consume enough water I become dizzy. Good luck with this journey x

Reactions: Sunnysun
Sommeil said:
I had one night bad sleep. Was so alert. My biggest side effect is the dry mouth. And occasionally if I don't consume enough water I become dizzy. Good luck with this journey x
Iā€™ll have to remember to keep up my water intake then! Thanks!

Sunnysun said:
Iā€™ll have to remember to keep up my water intake then! Thanks!
Yes! Oh... I did get slightly constipated... But I drink roughly 4L of water a day! Drink drink drink!

Sommeil said:
Yes! Oh... I did get slightly constipated... But I drink roughly 4L of water a day! Drink drink drink!
Iā€™ll keep on top of that to Iā€™m usually pretty ā€˜regularā€™ so Iā€™ll notice straight up if that changes lol :laughing:

Sunnysun said:
Hi Sunnysun,

I'd not recommend you to split the Duromine capsule. Here is a very informative thread on the topic: https://nevergiveupteam.com/community/threads/duromine-40mg.6383/

To avoid headaches, try to drink plenty of water to stay properly hydrated and help your body manage the adverse reactions.
Good luck on your weight loss journey!:heart:

Last edited:
Sunnysun said:
Dry mouth was all I got. Never had a problem with sleep ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simfona said:
Dry mouth was all I got. Never had a problem with sleep ect.
Thatā€™s good! Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll be lucky but I like the be prepared lol

Sunnysun said:
Thatā€™s good! Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll be lucky but I like the be prepared lol
Yeah I was worried at first too as some family members have heart issues, but yeah never had any problems, just dry mouth which only makes u drink More water anyway haha

Simfona said:
Yeah I was worried at first too as some family members have heart issues, but yeah never had any problems, just dry mouth which only makes u drink More water anyway haha
So itā€™s helpful in keeping you hydrated :grinning:

Reactions: Simfona