• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!
Hi, Can't say what's 'normal' speaking of side effects. But flushes yes - they appear, easpecially when you start. Are you sure it's not some other medicine you're taking with Duromine? Or maybe something in the food... It happens when people have to take painkillers, or other medications while using Duromine, so drug interactions occur like that. Just guessing;)

Hi Kate. No, besides my contraceptive pill, i don't take any other drugs, won't even drink coffee. The hot flushes started on day 6 and are on and off; the only thing in common with their timing is when i haven't drank water for a while.
So i'm just guessing too. I'm thankful my side effects are mild, and thankyou for letting me know others get flushes occasionally too.

Hi Guys

Today is day 6 of being on duromine, the first 4 days were ok
I have been sleeping fine except for the first night, i have been eating 3 small healthy
meals a day and have had no urge to snack.

Yesterday and today at about 4pm i started to feel really spaced out, depressed
and unmotivated its a really disgusting feeling. I feel like my body can't handle it!

I have taken duromine twice in the past and didn't experience anything like this

I also have really really dry lips as i can't stop licking them (not sure if this is a common side affect )

Has anyone experienced anything like the above side affects if so how did you cope.

I feel like if this continues tomorrow i may need too stop taking them.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm afraid I have to stop taking duramine. I have been on the 30mg for a little over a month, in that time I have list 6kgs with 10kgs to go!
I haven't had a decent nights sleep since starting D. I have become depressed and tear up over anything, anxious, snappy and impatient. My hubby has threatened to move into the spare room because I toss and turn all night.
The doctor did write me another script for 15mg but I haven't got them yet as I don't want to spend all that money and still be stuck with the horrible side effects and maybe not lose anymore weight due to the lower dose. As it is I have been stuck on 74kgs for the last couple of weeks, haven't managed to lose an ounce more. Would like to your thoughts, and if anyone has been in my same situation.

I would advise to have a break for your sanity, the last thing you want is your partner to move out and make you more emotional.

In saying that keep doing what your doing, exercise and small portion sizes.

There is no link between higher dosage and more weight loss. It's just about finding the right dosage your body can handle. The higher the dosage the more likely you are to get side effects and the severity of them.

I'd say have a week or 2 off see how you feel and if you think your ready and want to give it ago, try the 15 mgs. You should have less side effects on them.

Chin up :)

Thank you Kayla for your reply xx yes, I might wait a couple of weeks and let it get out of my system. I'm also interested to see how I go with eating etc on my own with the support of duramine. ..

Reactions: Typical_Jules
We all have eventually get off it and it's the lesson we learnt or new habits we've taught ourselves that will get us through the rest of our life off duromine. So there is no harm trying to now. You already have your script so if your not ready to do it alone you can always have it filled.

The other thing I forgot to mention was talking to your partner. With or without duromine, weightloss is an emotional roller coaster ride even when the scale is going down consistently. If he doesn't know your taking it perhaps tell him so that way he knows you may be a little more sensitive or perhaps a little easily agitated. It just helps having that extra support close to you.

But remember you'll always have us on here cause we know exactly how you're feeling xx

Heya,, just wondering are you better off starting with the 15mg so,, I want to order them and not sure which ones to order, im just afraid the 15 wont b strong enough, ,

nellybly said:
Heya,, just wondering are you better off starting with the 15mg so,, I want to order them and not sure which ones to order, im just afraid the 15 wont b strong enough, ,

I would say yes, especially if you haven't ever taken duromine or something similar to it before.

There is isn't any link between higher dosage and increased weightloss compared to someone on a lower dosage.

Each dosage works the same in that is suppresses your appetite, what is different though is the severity of the side effects.

If you eat smaller, healthier portions of food and exercise you can lose weight without duromine. It is as much a mental game of having self control with or without duromine. If someone is determined to eat something that still can no matter what dosage you are on.

Thanks kayla for ur reply, I was on reductil years ago and found it brillant but its taken off the market now from what ive read duromine has similar effect,ive 40lbs to loose, I suppose I just want instant results , I just need the kickstart cant get motivated enough for no longer than a week, ive seen on a different thread here u can order it from south africa I dont yet have a gp here (living here 9months) and im just nervous they wont give it to me,,...,E="KaylaLouise, post: 11907, member: 5029"]I would say yes, especially if you haven't ever taken duromine or something similar to it before.

There is isn't any link between higher dosage and increased weightloss compared to someone on a lower dosage.

Each dosage works the same in that is suppresses your appetite, what is different though is the severity of the side effects.

If you eat smaller, healthier portions of food and exercise you can lose weight without duromine. It is as much a mental game of having self control with or without duromine. If someone is determined to eat something that still can no matter what dosage you are on.[/QUOTE]
Thaks

I was on reductil about 5 or so years ago for a month and it kickstand my journey to lose 20kgs. I was on the lower dosage then.

I have since tried duromine in the past but never stuck at it so didn't see any results I believe I was on 30mgs then and couldn't sleep.

I am now on 30mgs and in my second month with no issues with sleep. It is worth mentioning that about 2 years ago I hit the party scene pretty hard so I do think that this is why my body tolerates the 30mgs with no side effects as my body is used to substances that have the same effect of keeping you awake.

My doc offered me 40mgs when I went for the 1 month check up and to get a new script but I said no as I was losing weight and I don't want to have those side effects when I can avoid them.

Thats great well done, how u getting how much have u lost

Thanks for your comments and replies. I'm avidly reading every word. Kayla you should be a counselor. You're full of great advice on these boards xx

Reactions: KaylaLouise
I'm half way through week 6 and so far have lost 8.5kgs :) hoping for atleast 10 kgs by the time I finish the packet.

Thanks Christine, that is really sweet!! I do often worry that some people may think I'm a bit over bearing and always going on about myself but that's just how I relate to people's experiences, through my own. Loosing weight is really hard mentally and I just hope that sharing my past experiences of losing the weight and my current experiences of attempting to lose it again plus more, help others on their journey.

Reactions: ChelseaPearshape
No way!!! You're not overbearing at all. Please don't stop giving advice:( I'm sure you have helped many people, including myself xx

Reactions: KaylaLouise
I totally agree, its so nice to have a convo with people who understand and of course give good advice and knowledge, im so glad I found this site.
Do u get yere duromine off yere gps
im thinking of ordering from a website that was mentioned on this site in south africa which has been approved by members on this site as genuine

I get mine through a gp and pharmacy.

I have seen the posts where people have bought online from that company but as I have access to it without having to wait for delivery, it is not something I have considered.

I had the same with the 30mg 3 years back and it totally put me off. To be honest it also served me right because I didn't even get it from the doctor. I decided to give the 15mg a try and I swore if I had any of the same I would quit immediately and it really has not been that way , I have even taken the pill at 9am and still I get to sleep and I get more than enough appetite control , no palpitations and no rollercoaster emotions. I agree with Kayla , have a break and sort out your personal life and then give the 15mg a try.
I am in South Africa and I still rather would get a prescription and then go to the pharmacy to fill.

Good Luck xoxo

Reactions: christine V
Phew! That's good to hear Candy. Gives me hope. Thanks :)

Christine, let me know how it goes on the 15mls x vee