• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
@babbles - thats fair enough - and 15kg's is an amazing loss :)

I hope you will still update though and let us know how you are getting on?

Would love to see how you are travelling and of course offer any type of support if you need!

Edited to add: Maybe start blogging if you don't want to keep updating this post?

Reactions: April
Thanks.

Yeah I'll possibly update if I remember haha. Ill only update with milestones anyway :)

Reactions: Rava
Wish you all the luck on your way without Duromine! Fingers crossed for your success on your way to a healthier, fitter and happier you! =)

Reactions: Rava
Day 18. Still a newbie. Really bad day today. I had been sleeping well up until last night. I take my anti depressant before bed. It usually ‘bombs me’ OH MY - I am loosing my cool today. I swear I heard every noise known to man. Did not sleep. No routine this morning either. I tried to rest earlier FML. No avail - there are beautiful children playing outside, vicious sunlight, tv etc. My poor husband came home and mentioned Gym. Then he saw my blood shot eyes. ?? Has my weight loss thrown out my chemical balance?? Any suggestions please??

Reactions: SammyS
quorta said:
Day 18. Still a newbie. Really bad day today. I had been sleeping well up until last night. I take my anti depressant before bed. It usually ‘bombs me’ OH MY - I am loosing my cool today. I swear I heard every noise known to man. Did not sleep. No routine this morning either. I tried to rest earlier FML. No avail - there are beautiful children playing outside, vicious sunlight, tv etc. My poor husband came home and mentioned Gym. Then he saw my blood shot eyes. ?? Has my weight loss thrown out my chemical balance?? Any suggestions please??
I am on 15 mg and take one tablet every second day, I take lexapro half tablet daily but I take mine every morning, I also take spirulina and magnesium , I've been on duromine since June , I had a few nights with interrupted sleep but now I sleep well , I'm adhd so not sure if this matter but I've lost 10kg in total, no exercise and I eat small meals as I find my stomach has shrunk.

Reactions: quorta
SammyS said:
I am on 15 mg and take one tablet every second day, I take lexapro half tablet daily but I take mine every morning, I also take spirulina and magnesium , I've been on duromine since June , I had a few nights with interrupted sleep but now I sleep well , I'm adhd so not sure if this matter but I've lost 10kg in total, no exercise and I eat small meals as I find my stomach has shrunk.
I’m on 30mg. Not sure what happened. None today or coffee. I feel worse than jet lag or a hangover. Swearing like a trooper. Can’t wait til sunset.

quorta said:
I’m on 30mg. Not sure what happened. None today or coffee. I feel worse than jet lag or a hangover. Swearing like a trooper. Can’t wait til sunset.
I have 3 dble shots of expresso with half teaspoon every morning before work lol

SammyS said:
I have 3 dble shots of expresso with half teaspoon every morning before work lol
I love my coffee. Have found one enough with all the water I need to drink for gym and serious sweating in Qld.

quorta said:
My dr asked questions about depression before giving me a script.., I was under the impression if you were taking anti depressants or have history of depression you couldn’t get a script due to them interfering with moods/anti-depressants. Maybe go back to dr to discuss?

Blondyn said:
My dr asked questions about depression before giving me a script.., I was under the impression if you were taking anti depressants or have history of depression you couldn’t get a script due to them interfering with moods/anti-depressants. Maybe go back to dr to discuss?
No its all good. I wouldn’t be without my antidepressant. It’s like insulin to a diabetic. Having PTSD I have zero serotonin. Lesser of two evils. Sadly its been the major cause of my weight problems. Some of the chemicals excreted cause carb cravings hence weight gain over time.

Reactions: Blondyn
quorta said:
No its all good. I wouldn’t be without my antidepressant. It’s like insulin to a diabetic. Having PTSD I have zero serotonin. Lesser of two evils. Sadly its been the major cause of my weight problems. Some of the chemicals excreted cause carb cravings hence weight gain over time.
That’s good all checked out. My dr gave me the impression that couldn’t be taken together, but I don’t take any so didn’t go into detail. Hope you are feeling better soon. x

I got my antidepressants for anxiety more than depression , been on them for a month nearly , she said the lexapro is the safest one and is only a mild antidepressant

It could be a low dose of Lexapro too. I guess we all react differently to meds.

ScallyN said:
It could be a low dose of Lexapro too. I guess we all react differently to meds.
Yeah its only 10 mgs , i was worried about taking them as i got prescribed 30 mgs of another antidepressant and i was like a zombie , couldn't handle that but this one is working well.

quorta said:
Hi, you really should talk to your doctor again. I know that Duromine and certain antidepressant groups can have very serious drug interactions and most importantly they can sort of amplify each others effects, what could be the case for you. Also it is my understanding that sleep issues and mood issues from duro would normally manifest within first two weeks, but for you it seems to be the other way around. I mean your physical and mental health comes first and better safe than sorry. I strongly suggest you discuss this with your GP as soon as possible and in worst case scenario there are other good weight loss drugs that can be friendlier to you.

Reactions: April
Blondyn said:
That’s good all checked out. My dr gave me the impression that couldn’t be taken together, but I don’t take any so didn’t go into detail. Hope you are feeling better soon. x
Certain groups of antidepressants normally would not be taken with duromine because there can be very very dangerous interactions. Active substance in duromine is Phentermine and while it is not considered MAOi it works by inhibiting monoamine receptors in the brain, hence it has similar contradictions as a drug that is classed as MAOi. Long story short - if you take any antidepressants you must discuss with your doctor if duro is right for you. If you are feeling bad and you are taking duro and anti-depressants - you must discuss this with your doctor asap, as you really do not want to take any chances with this one.

Last edited:
How was your third week on Duromine? You can share your third-week experience here.