• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi there @skinnymee ! Thanks for coming along to join my journey.

I definately will try more eggs for breakfast thats for sure, thats my challenge for next week!

I don't believe I have to much sugar, nothing compared to what I used to - the chocolate I had I really hardly have chocolate or ice cream, just that day I felt like it. I feel sometimes if I keep restricting myself way to much I will just cave, so I allow treats every now and then because that's how I would eat off Duromine too :) But thank you for the tips! I can't wait to either, it will be amazing. Hopefully my GP is happy with me tomorrow too!

Reactions: skinnymee and April
Day 27 on my first packet of 40mg Duromine
Went and saw my GP for another script today, he was happy with my weight loss on it so far, I've been happy with myself as well and also have decided to weigh myself every week from now on as well.
Current stats -
Day 1 of Duromine - 133.2kg
Day 27 - 126.9kg
Total loss - 6.3kg

I feel 6kg weight loss is good for my first pack. I don't want to loose to much to quickly - I'd like to avoid skin issues if I can to be honest.
My eating over the last couple days has been pretty well, I had 3 squares of my chocolate tonight which I was fine with. I have been tracking my calories or doing my best to estimate and I have been staying under 1700 calories (My Fitness Pal's recommend calorie intake for 1kg weight loss each week for me is 1730 calories per day.)

I am in the makes of making a new exercise program for myself to follow now too, with weight lifting and cardio :)

Reactions: April
babbles said:
Day 27 on my first packet of 40mg Duromine
Went and saw my GP for another script today, he was happy with my weight loss on it so far, I've been happy with myself as well and also have decided to weigh myself every week from now on as well.
Current stats -
Day 27 - 126.9kg
Total loss - 6.3kg

I feel 6kg weight loss is good for my first pack. I don't want to loose to much to quickly - I'd like to avoid skin issues if I can to be honest.
My eating over the last couple days has been pretty well, I had 3 squares of my chocolate tonight which I was fine with. I have been tracking my calories or doing my best to estimate and I have been staying under 1700 calories (My Fitness Pal's recommend calorie intake for 1kg weight loss each week for me is 1730 calories per day.)

I am in the makes of making a new exercise program for myself to follow now too, with weight lifting and cardio :)

Hurrah! Onward through the next six!

Reactions: babbles and April
Day 2 on my second packet of 40mg Duromine
Hey there to everyone who is reading! Hope your all well.
I've decided not to blog everyday as it gets very boring and repetitive, decided maybe once a week to do - don't worry I'll still be active!

Anyway, on my second day of my second packet of 40mg Duromine. Things are going well - I currently am sitting at 125.2kg woop! (I keep telling myself to only weight once a week but I really can't help myself haha)
I have started tracking my calories which has been an eye opener its good to see how much I am actually eating, on average I sit at about 1200-1300 calories per day, today was close to 1500 cause hubby made a delicious pie that I had some of, I've decided to not limit myself but just to keep an eye on calories and portion sizes too, I enjoy eating bad foods - who doesn't? I need to be realistic for when I come off Duromine as well.

I have changed my exercise around as well, going from 20 minutes of cardio straight up then into weight to 5 minute cardio warm up and then weights and then my 20 minutes of cardio last - my heart rate is a lot higher this way that's for sure.

I have determined that counting calories and switching my exercise up does work for sure since I've lost 1.8kg in 2 days which is awesome!

I also don't get many side effects from Duromine anymore, I feel normal and do get hungry when its lunch time or dinner time.

Current Stats -
Today - 125.2
Total loss - 8kg

Awesome result! And a great mindset!!! Way to go!

You are amazing! 8kgs down already and you have your head about you! I am so excited to hear your results. BTW are you taking any other measurements? I bet your pants are quite loose by now - such a great feeling :laughing:

skinnymee said:
You are amazing! 8kgs down already and you have your head about you! I am so excited to hear your results. BTW are you taking any other measurements? I bet your pants are quite loose by now - such a great feeling :laughing:
Thanks @skinnymee ! I take measurements once a month usually but its always hard to measure I feel sometimes cause I'm not sure if im measuring in the correct area haha.
My pants are looseish for sure, but mainly wear dresses which are getting very loose too :laughing: very good feeling!

I've been falling off the wagon here and there lately, weighing in at 124.4kg this morning but probably more after a horrible choice of dinner tonight, am thinking of giving the duromine a break for a couple days to try and help kick start it again and really looking into my food intake as well cause its just all over the place, sometimes I'm super good (lowest is 123.6kg) but I'm almost half way through my second month and seems only a 2kg loss this time :(

hmmm... you can try... just do your best to stay focused and stick to your plan. Chin up!

Hi @babbles, for me, staying 'on the wagon' is all about preparation (and not having naughty food in the house or I'll eat it). All my meals for the week are planned out. When I get to the weekend I give myself a little more choice. This way I don't have to think about what I have to do. This is especially helpful if I am tired or busy. I also make my largest meal in the morning. You'll be surprised at how much easier your food decisions are when you start from a full tummy! It may be uncomfortable at first, but change usually is. You can do this - don't give up now!

Thanks for the support @April & @skinnymee I have been plotting along still, on a week off with hubby so we have been enjoying eating out etc anyway. I weighed in this morning at 125.7kg so not to bad still anyway - I have been off duromine for over a week, will probably start the other half of my packet up next week.
Have been trying not to let it worry me to much, went and brought some new clothes today so that was nice for a change for sure!! and especially fitting into some size 18 stretch jeans from big w and a couple size 20 tops from Kmart and Big W, was nice not having to spend $200 on one outfit at City Chic (which was 1 pair of jeans and 1 top) at least with my Kmart and Big W haul it was only around $100 for jeans, 2 tops and a pair of shoes :)
Also ordered a dress off Boohoo so we will see how that fits when it arrives too!

Thought id just update, back on the wagon a bit weighing in at 121.6kg this morning which was very exciting - almost at the end of my 2nd month packet!
However wont be able to see my doc until the week after next, which is fine I can have a break between packets again, as I feel even with the break it's still not working full potential!

Its been a while now. On to my 3rd and most likely final packet.
Current weigh in is 118.3kg. Its been bugging me all week since this has not budged and been the same the whole week despite eating low cals and adding more exercises in as well. Not sure what is going on but I hope it stops soon.

I'm completely off duromine abd probably will never take it again. Was screwing with my sleep and making me crabby. Currently sitting at 115.1kg

Hi @babbles

Sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time with it *hugs* I know in regards to sleep I struggle also, and of course yes just by that alone it can affect our mood.

I was wondering if you ever had considered getting a lower strength dose and trying with that?

Probably not to be honest last time I had a lower dose it did nothing. I can do it on my own accord like I've done in the past just my doctor wanted me on it and I lost 15kg so thats good. I'd rather not waste anymore money on it either because its way to expensive for the bad sleeps etc