• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hello Melonhelen! I am glad to hear from you. When I started reading your message, I was sad, but by the end – the smile is on and I am so happy for you! I am happy that you took this Duromine experience as a start of a new road and keep going into the right direction. Best of luck to you for the weight loss with Crossfit and feel free to drop in when you wish! Success to you!!! XO

Well done Melonhelen! I love crossfit! Enjoy :)

Reactions: April
Sunshines said:
Well done Melonhelen! I love crossfit! Enjoy :)

Sunshines, hey! Hope I manage to catch you… how is it going? I was wondering if you are still on Duromine or not, and how you are.

So I'm on week 3. I took Duromine for the first week but the symptoms were just unbearable. I started on 85kg and lost 3kgs in first week.

I stopped taking it for almost two weeks and I will start again next week to see if the symptoms will be different . I lost a good 2kg without duromine. I have been looking after myself.

I'm now weighing 80kg.... My mini goal weight is 75kg and I hope by next week when I take it again it'll be different. The appetite is back but I try not to eat any junk instead I stock my fridge with lots of fruits. It ain't easy but itll be worth it .

Hello Gab! I am sorry to hear about such serious side effects. May be you should consider taking it every other day. The dose might be too high for you.

Did you stop drinking the tea or take it occasionally?

April said:
Hello Gab! I am sorry to hear about such serious side effects. May be you should consider taking it every other day. The dose might be too high for you.

Did you stop drinking the tea or take it occasionally?
Yes I stopped the tea.. I have been off the wagon in between but I'm still focused. I'm now on 77kg .. I take it every other week I like skip a week then take it again. The side effects just never change... Now for the first time I'm constipated and my an us hurt like he'll. Lol

You poor thing... take a laxative. Weight loss is great! Bravo! Not that you are only focused, but you actually move towards your goal no matter what. Be proud of yourself and keep going! You're very close to your mini goal. =) Hope you feel better soon and wish you a wonderful weekend!

Welcome to my journey!
**Warning long post ahead**​

Just a bit of a back story on myself.
I'm a 25 year old Female from Australia.

I've been over weight all my life, my weight really ballooned when I met my Husband. When we met I was around 120ish kg, which I ballooned up to from 100kg (my lowest weight that I can remember) after life issues, dating issues etc.

I got comfortable as you do in a lot of relationships, we used to eat junk food all the time I saw him which was about once a week at that point. Then when I moved up closer to him for work, we saw each other more regularly however that's when we started going for walks each morning to which I managed to loose about 8kg then, but then we stopped.

Next we moved in together, even more bad eating, no exercising etc. My weight ballooned up to my highest ever which was between 157-160kg how ashamed I was. We then got married, which was magically however I lost no weight for my wedding (big mistake I wish I did) we tried exercising and eating healthy a couple of times, well I did however each time I flopped and gave up. It really disappointing him more then anything as well, which caused a bit of strain on us.

In 2017 I decided I have to do something, this is ridiculous I got obstructive sleep apnea from it and would wake up throughout the night, in the morning when I woke up my feet would hurt so much to stand on i'd have to wait a moment before I got up and started walking. It was terrifying knowing I had sleep apnea and that they wanted to put me on a breathing machine. That's when it snapped in my brain, I was like hell no am I paying that money and living a life like that I have to do something about it.

I went and spoke to my GP, who said things harshly which sadly is how I needed to hear it, there was a lot of tears involved in it all. He gave me a program where I saw a dietitian and a exercise therapist 4 times each for free. I did all those visits, exercise therapist helped the most, dietitian not so much. I believe my GP precised me a box of 15mg Duromine around about then, I only took the month and never got a refill (in 2017 I took a total of 2 boxes in that time.) My main goal for him was 25kg loss in a year.

I carried on myself, with the ongoing support of my husband and I went from 157-160kg down to 133kg on my own. I originally was in a pole dancing gym, but then I left to go to a regular gym as for one its much cheaper and two the classes were hard to get to with my job at that point in time.

Fast forward to 7th of June 2018, seen my GP a few days prior and he wanted to prescribe me Duromine 40mg as my weight loss had plateaued for the past few months (only loosing about 6-8kg in a few months) he wanted to boost my weight loss again, he also said he wanted me on it for a while. He's happy with my progress so far he just wants to keep pushing it. I agreed to it to see how it would go as its quiet expensive and I didn't want to waste our money for it not to do anything, because when I used it previously in 2017 I wasn't mindful of how I ate or exercised so it didn't really work then.

So here we are today on the 30th of June at 7am, I have 11 pills left till the end of my first box and my weigh in yesterday was 127.5kg (when I started it was 133.2kg.) However this morning I weighed in at 128.2kg, I understand weight fluctuates due to many things happening in your body, sometimes I still find it hard in my mind to think that because as soon as I see a gain I will feel immediate guilt.

I personally haven't had many symptoms on Duromine, I have had the occasional dry mouth, 1-2 restless nights, at the start I felt jittery and felt like I had to do all the things and couldn't keep still. However my most annoying one is break through periods, I am on the pill and even when I skip my period I still get it..not something I enjoy at all.
I also had a terrible time with a cold during the third week I believe, which was two weeks long, finally got over it which was great (also stopped taking Duromine for 3 days during that at one stage)

Usually for eating I eat fairly smallish meals, I have changed my eating habits a lot since before Duromine and I can definitely notice a difference in how I feel.
I also go to the gym 5 days a week (having rest days on Friday & Saturday) and usually do 20 mins of treadmill and 20-30 mins of weights.
My job is quite hands on as well and I'm often walking alot and lifting heavy things during the day which really helps boost things as well.

My stats as of today:

Start Date: 7th June
Current Date: 30th June
Start Weight: 133.2kg
Current Weight: 128.2kg
Weightloss: 5kg
Height: 165cm
Mini Goal: 120kg
Goal Weight: 100kg

So that is my story, thus far. I will continue posting more about my journey, hoping to see the day of 100kg mark!

Day 22 on my first packet of 40mg Duromine​

Usually weekend days can be quite lazy for me steps wise, during the week most days I get over 10,000 steps on my fitbit yet today however I am currently at 5,471.

I personally didn't have the greatest food choices yesterday, once a fortnight my husband and I have some friends over usually and we all just chill out, play some games and eat snack foods. Yesterday my food consisted of some twisties, garlic bread, spring rolls, couple of lollies, a glass of soft drink etc you get the drift haha. I don't really mind it to be honest, I have come to learnt its okay to eat what I'd like that day and not feel guilty, I just make sure I don't over eat to the point I feel sick (because the food tastes so good :p)
My husband and I later that day went to a friends party, I drove so I didn't drink (plus also have read you shouldn't anyway) had some other sort of party food there as well, was a good night and fun was had. I didn't really move a lot yesterday at all, spent mostly sitting in total I reached 4,496 steps for the day (actually not bad considering I was mostly sitting!)

This morning I jumped on the scales expecting some sort of gain from yesterday, however to my disbelief I was the same weight as yesterday morning 128.2kg, winning!

Made a little better choices of food today (sort of haha)

Breakfast - packet of instant honey oats with a little extra honey on top & a coffee with 1 teaspoon of sugar
Morning tea - 1 hard boiled egg
Lunch - 5 Borgs Spinach & Ricotta Pastizzis (Husband cooked up all 20 of them and we split them, however I stopped myself at 5)
Dinner - 3 rice cakes with light cream cheese, spinach and salmon & a protein shake

Exercise however was fantastic for the day, just got back from the gym not long ago and boy am I proud of myself! I did 20 mins of interval treadmill, now I haven't done this much before and the results I found I did well.
I did 1:30 minutes of 4.5 speed walking and then 30 seconds of 6-7 speed jogging.
That's a lot for me considering I struggled for so long with trying to even get to walk 20 minutes straight no break on 4-4.8 speed.

I then did 30 minutes of low weight high reps on leg day with HIIT sets I would say.
For example - 15 calf raises with a total of 20kg then 20 goblet squats, these two back to back with very minimum rest for 3 sets.
According to my fitbit for the weight session alone I burnt over 400 calories, my heart rate was constantly in between 150-165/170 beats per minute.

All in all I'm quite proud of myself today personally! Honestly as well I don't feel any Duromine symptoms anymore usually except the appetite suppressed, I do get bursts of energy every now and then but not as much anymore. The only issue I'm having is the breakthrough periods, would love to know of any other ladies on the pill experience this? Usually it will settle and go away but since I've come back from the gym with that massive workout with high heart rate its appeared again :(. I'm not a fan because it can mix with all my emotions sometimes as well, that my poor hubby deals with (he completely understands thankfully.)

I'm also tossing up with myself whether I want to continue weighing myself daily, or do it weekly.

**Apologies if my posts are quite long and may seem boring, I have never blogged or even written a journal before so this is all new to me**

Reactions: CC C and Amelie
Day 23 on my first packet of 40mg Duromine
Woke up this morning with a nice little surprise, stepped on the scales and I was 126.8kg! Hooray! :)

Today's menu consisted of -
Breakfast - 2 Weetbix with skim milk & a banana
Morning Tea - Chobani mango and peach yoghurt pouch w/ steel cut oats and ancient grains
Lunch - Spaghetti (homemade) with turkey mince, shredded zucchini & carrot and diced onion
Dinner - Protein shake & 1 english muffin split with cheese, ham & tomato grilled

Today was arm day at the gym (always struggle with arms) and I did my interval treadmill again for 20 minutes! Got some active minutes in at work today as well.
Had a pretty horrible sleep last night, nothing related to the Duromine I believe, just a general horrible sleep. So extra tired for tonight, so hopefully a good sleep ahead.

Have a doctors appointment Friday with my GP to get my second box & review my last month. Hopefully he will be happy!

hello lovely
nice to meet you.
well done so far on your journey, keep it up!
you are in great hands here on this wonderful forum, lots of great advice,
April is awesome and knows her stuff so if you have any questions always ask..
i'm here anytime as well if you need any practical advice my darling,
i have experience in all 3 strengths,
stay strong and remember,
Forever is never that far away x

hugs
Dre

Reactions: babbles
Dre said:
hello lovely
nice to meet you.
well done so far on your journey, keep it up!
you are in great hands here on this wonderful forum, lots of great advice,
April is awesome and knows her stuff so if you have any questions always ask..
i'm here anytime as well if you need any practical advice my darling,
i have experience in all 3 strengths,
stay strong and remember,
Forever is never that far away x

hugs
Dre

Hi there @Dre ! Thanks for stopping by on my post, I'm glad there are so many helpful people on here its just wonderful.
I do have a question you may be able to help with, just the last 2 days I have been feeling quite sluggish. I struggled at the gym and went home after 10 minutes today because I just was not feeling it & at work I feel like I can't concentrate properly, sleeps are fine usually I aim for 9-9.30pm - 5am is my sleep time and last night I believe I slept quite well. Just makes me feel super bad not being able to go to the gym and do my exercise, also had a couple bad food choices today too. I'm trying to tell myself to not feel guilty or bad its just one day tomorrow will be a new day and I should be proud of myself for a 6.4kg loss on my first packet too. Just the guilt always tries to override me :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre
Day 24 on my first packet of 40mg Duromine
Todays weigh in - 126.8kg
Total weight loss since the start of Duromine - 6.4kg

Not the best day today, felt quite sluggish all day and felt some hunger this morning too. Have thought it was possibly due to my food intake for the day, tried to increase it (with not so good choices) felt a tiny bit better but still not my normal self.
Went to the gym for only 10 mins of not very high intensity cardio today, was just feeling to flat. Tried to push through it but my body was fighting back with me.

Breakfast - 1 packet of instant oats
Morning tea - 1 hard boiled egg
Early Lunch - Home made pork roast meal with vegetables and gravy
Afternoon tea - Cheese and Bacon Pie (woops, but delicious)
Snack - 4 squares of chocolate & a weis strawberry & vanilla icecream bar

Not the best choices of food for today, but I have to tell myself everything in moderation is fine and I don't eat like this everyday at all. I always feel guilty if I eat bad and miss the gym, the guilt can sometimes take over and really effect me. However I am trying hard to remember having one bad food day will not make me put back on all the weight I have lost, and sometimes I need to eat food I crave so I dont fixate on it. I believe doing this will also help me build a healthier relationship with food as well, so when I'm finished my Duromine journey I don't eat when I'm bored or emotionally eat as well.

Hi Babbles! First, welcome to the forum. I missed welcoming you and I am sorry about that. You seem like a very positive person, and this attitude will surely help you complete the journey as a winner! You are welcome to write posts of any length that you wish. This forum is for everyone and thankfully, you can share your thoughts and track your actions, which at times is very helpful. =) I am really happy that you have such a supporting husband – I am sure that he is proud of your efforts and will, and achievements! And I am happy to hear that YOU are proud of yourself, as well – you should be! This guilt for not eating right or not exercising needs to go away. Yes, you need to stay accountable of what you eat and do – and record things down to track the changes. Guilt is a bad thing – it can make you depressed AND it can push you to caving. Just stop. Tell yourself that you were a bad girl and you have to be punished with 20 crunches and 30 seconds of plank. =) Really, don’t let yourself feel down. Fight! I hope that you have an active and happy week!!!!

Reactions: Dre and babbles
April said:
Hi Babbles! First, welcome to the forum. I missed welcoming you and I am sorry about that. You seem like a very positive person, and this attitude will surely help you complete the journey as a winner! You are welcome to write posts of any length that you wish. This forum is for everyone and thankfully, you can share your thoughts and track your actions, which at times is very helpful. =) I am really happy that you have such a supporting husband – I am sure that he is proud of your efforts and will, and achievements! And I am happy to hear that YOU are proud of yourself, as well – you should be! This guilt for not eating right or not exercising needs to go away. Yes, you need to stay accountable of what you eat and do – and record things down to track the changes. Guilt is a bad thing – it can make you depressed AND it can push you to caving. Just stop. Tell yourself that you were a bad girl and you have to be punished with 20 crunches and 30 seconds of plank. =) Really, don’t let yourself feel down. Fight! I hope that you have an active and happy week!!!!

Hi @April !
That's okay no dramas at all. I really do try to be positive and have a good attitude, its much better then from when I first started my weight loss journey that's for sure. My husband is a truly amazing person and I wouldn't be 30kg lighter if it wasn't for him, I am proud of myself and I have to try to remember that daily - do you have any tips to change negative thoughts?
Definitely have had caving in the past from guilt I much say, sort of like "oh well I ate one bad thing may as well eat all the bad things and you know what screw it I'll just restart on Monday and eat junk" Thanks for the great advice April it really means alot to me honestly.

I do have a question for you regarding my sluggish feeling the last couple of days, do you think it could be related to not eating enough or what else do you think it could be?

Well, about the sluggish feeling… I have a couple of thoughts in mind… I actually didn’t count your calories, did you? It doesn’t look like you don’t eat enough (my opinion) and I see a good amount of carbs and sugar, so not a sugar withdrawal. When I was making another research on Duromine (1000th I guess), I noticed that there is an overdosing side effect – fatigue. It immediately crossed my mind that many times, when people complain of this feeling while on Duromine, they could be in a mild overdose. Besides, in such cases people usually try to “restart” Duromine and stop taking it for a day or 2-3, and then take it again, and boom – it’s all fine and again the energy and stuff. Well, it’s logic that you stop it and your system excretes the accumulated excess, and everything goes back to normal. You are on the highest dose, and I am not sure if you checked your kidney function or if the water that you drink daily is sufficient to wash out Duromine as supposed to… and the advice here is add at least another half a liter (of course, I you’re not over 3 liters already) OR do as many do – stop taking it for a couple of days and restart. These are my thoughts based on my experience and observations. Not saying that they’re 100% true and accurate.

April said:
Well, about the sluggish feeling… I have a couple of thoughts in mind… I actually didn’t count your calories, did you? It doesn’t look like you don’t eat enough (my opinion) and I see a good amount of carbs and sugar, so not a sugar withdrawal. When I was making another research on Duromine (1000th I guess), I noticed that there is an overdosing side effect – fatigue. It immediately crossed my mind that many times, when people complain of this feeling while on Duromine, they could be in a mild overdose. Besides, in such cases people usually try to “restart” Duromine and stop taking it for a day or 2-3, and then take it again, and boom – it’s all fine and again the energy and stuff. Well, it’s logic that you stop it and your system excretes the accumulated excess, and everything goes back to normal. You are on the highest dose, and I am not sure if you checked your kidney function or if the water that you drink daily is sufficient to wash out Duromine as supposed to… and the advice here is add at least another half a liter (of course, I you’re not over 3 liters already) OR do as many do – stop taking it for a couple of days and restart. These are my thoughts based on my experience and observations. Not saying that they’re 100% true and accurate.

@April thanks heaps for that advise, I don't count my calories no. I struggle to count them when I am making homemade meals so not sure how to account for those, carbs I thought I had cut down a fair amount & sugar as well (note 2 of the days I logged I didn't make great food choices) however day 22 I thought I made good food choices?? well so I thought anyway. Any advice on the food side of things at all?
Ah okay, I might possibly try that and see how I go, I drink minimum 2L of water a day usually plus at least another 1.5L more if I work hard at the gym, if I need to drink more I will try to do that as well.

You don't have to cut the good carbs at all. It's fine... Frankly, I did not look very much into your menu. It was just the last day, really. and yes, your snack.. I am sure you knew it... So the recommendation (for a good health) is to consume no more than 25g of sugar per day (6 teaspoons). Yes, your ice cream is low in calories, I agree. Did you take a look at its nutrition info?

ENERGY (CAL) 78
PROTEIN (G)1.6
FAT, TOTAL (G) 2.1
SATURATED FAT (G)1.5
CARBOHYDRATE (G)12.8
SUGARS (G)12.4
SODIUM (MG)22

and that's per serving. so, half of your daily sugar in this bar of ice cream. 4 suares of chocolate... 1 has about 5 g of sugar... 4 have 20. and your snack totals up to 32.4 g of sugar. I mean, I am not telling you to completely forget about sweets, especially if you know that you won't be able to live without them when you finish Duromine. We don't want weight regain once we switch to normal eating habits. So we change our eating habits, allow ourselves small treats from time to time (you may even schedule treats - to make it easier for yourself AND it works!)
Besides the "too much" sugar, such snacks make your blood sugar level jump high and fall sharply, which makes you hungry. The best thing for losing weight is doing your best to keep the sugar level at about the same level throughout the day, i.e. not allow yourself feel extremely hungry (means the sugar level is low) and avoid foods that make your blood sugar level go extremely high in a flash. I hope it all makes sense... Some people try to get used to satisfying their needs for desserts with having natural yogurt and fresh/frozen berries. You can freeze a bunch of grapes - it is sweet, yes it is rich in sugar, but it helps fight cravings for sweets.
again.. last day's menu - the pie (surely delicious) - next time add a large serving of vegetable salad - balance the "badness" with some fiber and vitamins. if you want to enjoy the pie "solo", have the salad BEFORE - this will help you eat a smaller portion of pie. don't take a huge serving at once. It has a crazy aroma and you want to cut a good big piece, and you see how you're cutting it and putting on your plate and finish it to the last crumble. now stop. and cut just the half of the desired portion. enjoy each bite, smell it, chew it longer than usually, talk (yes, talk) while eating. Tell a story, share a memory/an idea. you will get full and will actually enjoy your meal, while eating less.
see, I am lover of long posts too, so now we're even ;)

@April ah thank you so much for all of that help, I usually try to look at the nutritional information but in this case I did not today haha.
What did you think of my menu for this day out of curiosity?? This would be a quite normal day usually (sometimes on duromine I wouldnt have dinner at all however)

Breakfast - 2 Weetbix with skim milk & a banana
Morning Tea - Chobani mango and peach yoghurt pouch w/ steel cut oats and ancient grains
Lunch - Spaghetti (homemade) with turkey mince, shredded zucchini & carrot and diced onion
Dinner - Protein shake & 1 english muffin split with cheese, ham & tomato grilled

I know I can cut some carbs out by eating eggs for breakfast instead, I'm trying to lower my carbs much more but sometimes is difficult considering everything has sugar and carbs ahh.
So when you get hungry thats your blood sugar level dropping? possibly why I felt sluggish today then when I ate my homemade meal I felt better (was feeling the hunger before that)
I'll definitely try some more fruits, trying to adapt my taste of different things as well is very hard, like it took me a long time to eat flavoured greek yoghurt haha. But it's something to definitely work towards.

I honestly appreciate all your help with this as well, thank you so much

Hi @babbles and welcome to the forum! You are smashing it! I am looking forward to reading about all your successes along the way. We are all learning about how to manage our energy better and work with our bodies, instead of against them and it's so good to share with each other in such a supportive space. For instance, I eat eggs for breakfast every day ....if I start with anything else I am hungry pretty much straight away. One day, if you feel like it, you might consider changing it up and trying your eggs first... see how it makes you feel.

Detoxing off sugar is a bitch. It can leave you feeling headachey, wiped out and craving all manner of things.... but if you make it through (usually a week but you have to have pretty much none) you will be over it and able to stare a Mars Bar in the face without taking a bite! ;-) There is a supplement which can help. It's called L-Glutamine... if you feel you need some assistance. All the best - can't wait to see you get into the teens!