O

ozziemum

Standard Member
Feb 21, 2013
Hi all, just checking in and letting people know how I am going. I have just finished my third week and touch wood am finding duromine working really well, so far no side effects except occassional insomnia and greater thirst which means I am drinking plenty of water which is beneficial to weight loss. I am not extremely hungry and finding that I am not wanting to eat and having to remind or push myself to eat something. I have been using the app "MyNetDiary" on my iphone to track my food, calorie and exercise and am finding this really helpful I am usually eating around 900-1100 calories per day.
My general day involves
Breakfast - 3 pitted dates and a banana
Lunch - A lowfat yoghurt
Dinner - vegies or salad and small amount of meat
snacks - 2 -3 pieces fruit, a small anount of mixed nuts (brazil, almond and pistachios) and seeds (pumpkin and sunflower)
and about 2.5 - 3.0 litres of water.
I try to walk at least everyday sometimes I do about 15 mins other days about an hour.

My starting weight was 120.9
First week loss of 3.1kg = 117.8
second week loss 1.4kg = 116.4
third week loss 1.2kg = 115.2kg
total loss of 5.7kg since starting.

I would be greatful for any input of advise.
thanks
Yvette :):):)

R

roxibutterfly

Standard Member
Mar 1, 2013
Newcastle NSW
you are doing fantastically Yvette.
keep up the good work hun and watch those kilos melt away :)

Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
I am joining roxibutterfly, you did a fantastic job Yvette!
Even I couldn't do better than you did when composing your daily menu. I'm proud of you lady! :eek:

H

Hannah88

Standard Member
Apr 3, 2013
I started duromine today too...hopefully I get some results too. Well done Yvette.

KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise

Premium Member
Jul 29, 2014
Milperra NSW
At the end of week 3 I had a good loss of 1.3kgs taking me to 4.8kgs total loss since I started. I was super happy but dammed that 200 grams I missed out on to reach my first goal of loosing 5 kgs.

I had a sneaky mid week weigh in this morning and I got that damn 200 grams AND 200 more! ^_^

I can now officially say I've lost 5 kgs and 200 grams lol

Very happy this morning ^_^

M

Melmo

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2014
Awesome :) So happy for you! Congrats :)

Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules

Premium Member
Jul 26, 2014
Yay! It's the little things! I love mini goals! Good work! I keep setting mini goals,,bmi under 30 is one :)

Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules

Premium Member
Jul 26, 2014
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yay! A moment for sure!

Reactions: Melmo
B

Biddy

Standard Member
Aug 3, 2014
Perth
Hi ya so i started just less than 3 weeks ago, doc put me on 15mg but i took 2 tablets as 15 wasnt doin anything for me, yesterday she upped me to 30mg .
Startin weight was 87.5
Yesterday weigh in 82.5 is this weight loss bad or good for 19 days??

M

Melmo

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, I think the amount people lose varies. I believe the biggest losses are in the first week, and then it tapers off. But if I understand correctly you should be consistently losing, if you're eating a low calorie diet and doing your exercise, you will lose something each week it may be as low as as 100grams or as much as a kg or more. :)

Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules

Premium Member
Jul 26, 2014
that's pretty good for 3 weeks :) as melmo said it varies alot from person to person
good luck with your journey :)

M

Melmo

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2014
Well done! 5.7kg is awesome :) Great to hear you've met your first goal :) You're doing a great job. Keep at it, you're smashing this :) x

Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules

Premium Member
Jul 26, 2014
:) good work! What a great start, look forward to seeing month 2, my one month weigh in is tomorrow!! Eeek

KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise

Premium Member
Jul 29, 2014
Milperra NSW
You've got this!!

Are you seeing your doc for another script?

M

Melmo

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2014
KaylaLouise, I am daily logging on my info page on here at the moment, but I use the myfitnesspal to log my weekly weight as well as the duromine livinglite website cause they have a graph :) Im on my second week at the moment and will do my two weekly weigh in on Wednesday. I'm trying not to expect too much cause I don't want to feel let down x