• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Determined93 said:
What’s Hydroxycut if you don’t mind me asking?
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite (Capsules). @Determined93 Crap I was supposed to update you with this info. This was when I was talking about supplements before, in regards to a lady who had been on Duromine and what she did afterwards. She recommended the Hydroxycut so I went down to my local health store and spoke to this woman who has been really helpful to me in the past.

I cant think of the exact term, but she basically looks you in the eyes and diagnoses... (It will come to me and I will edit the post with the term when it does!). Anyhow I told her I had been taking the Duromine and that another friend who had stopped was now taking this supplement. She too said it could be beneficial so I have grabbed 2 bottles to take with me away :)

So the skinny is - its a fitness supplement with an added fat burner. Designed for hardcore fitness freaks and bodybuilders more or less, to enhance thermogenesis, mental focus and energy.

Thermogenesis in a nutshell - is the state in which your body burns the most fat, but the same properties also lead to a general boost in energy in the body as it raises your core body temp. Similar to Duromine in this regard but obviously the ingredients are natural and they are caffeine based. So as they raise your body temp, your heart rate increases, causes more blood to flow to the parts of your body that require more oxygen. (Ie: so when running, it increases blood flow too your legs which increases your speed and endurance). It burns the calories and as it uses them up from our intake, in will then utilise our own fat stores - hence it has a good reputation for helping to lose weight.

It also does have an appetite suppressant as well.

I decided to give it a go :). I've been told to take 2 tablets in the morning and 2 tablets at lunch.

Side effects listed;
  • Increased heart rate
  • Sleeplessness
  • Headaches
  • Dry Mouth
So similar to the Duro eh?

Also as an added bonus all good to use with my own vitamin routine. So my B's and C's etc. are all good to continue with whilst using. I paid $60 for 120 tablets.

Determined93 said:
Yes definitely, I don’t think I would have stayed so committed had I of not joined this forum and admittedly I get excited to jump on and see how everyone is doing. It also keeps me inline when I start to slack off haha. I also don’t see very many people give updates of how they are doing when they are no longer on duro which is a little disappointing so I wanted to be someone that would still check in even after I am done on it for good.

Aw that’s so sweet :laughing: I feel the same way about you. It really is amazing how great of a support system this is and how much I have come to enjoy and kind of rely on reading updates, especially the people that I have been following constantly.

I agree, would love to see more threads on people after they stop Duromine, whether its for a break or they have decided to just go ahead on their own, and read about how they are doing on their journey. I am so glad you will be doing this! I will be making a concerted effort to log on whilst away and post because like you I think it will hold me in check :)

Yay! I swear to god if we lived closer I would be making coffee dates! Ditto to all you have mentioned in your last paragraph lol :laughing:

Last edited:
Reactions: Determined93
End of week 11 weigh in (update from yesterday)

Start weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 82.9kg
*400g loss this week
*14.5kg total lost to date

Reactions: April and babbles
Congratulations for your weight loss, that's a really amazing job! & I love reading your story as well :)
Keep pushing through girl, you got this!

What a HUGE result!!! congratulations on all your efforts paying off! You're obviously doing an amazing job!

Determined93 said:
End of week 11 weigh in (update from yesterday)

Start weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 82.9kg
*400g loss this week
*14.5kg total lost to date
@Determined93 way to go!!!!

You are doing great chickie

Reactions: April
End of week 12 weigh in (from Saturday 07/07/18)

Start weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 82.3kg
*600g loss this week
*15.1kg total lost to date

Well I did it.. Over 12 weeks with the help of duro I managed to get approximately half way to my goal weight :laughing:

As I said in previous posts I haven’t rewarded myself for any losses I have had so far but I told myself that if I could get to 15kg down by the end of my 12 week course on duro that I would finally give myself a reward.

I’m still not sure what to reward myself with yet.. a massage would be lovely but I will have to wait until school holidays are over if I want to do that, I’m also in need of some new clothes as most of my pants are falling down and although my shirts still fit they are quite baggy around the chest area and just look wrong. Although I feel like some new clothes are more of a necessity at present rather then a reward as I still don’t like the way I look so even with new clothes I don’t think I’m going to feel “rewarded” if that makes any sense.

So despite my 12 weeks being up I’m still not officially off of duro just yet due to my tapering plan, as of this week though I am up to my 1 tab every 3 days part of the plan so this should be interesting.
I was supposed to start this on Saturday, (as in take duro on Friday and then skip Saturday & Sunday) but due to not getting any sleep at all Friday night I caved and took a tab on Saturday and rather then change my days around that I had marked down to take duro on I just continued on with my plan like I hadn’t messed it up so my first actual stint of 1 tab every 3 days will be from Monday to Wednesday and then another tab on Thursday.

Funny thing about Friday night .. I ended up not sleeping, not because I couldn’t have if I tried but because I ended up going into full blown cleaning mode.. like I could not stop myself. I kept saying to myself “oh I’ll just finish this and then go to bed” and then I would start doing something else and before I knew it the sun was up. Not exactly sure why that happened as I haven’t experienced that since starting duro but my house ended up really clean so that was a plus.

Anyway back to my progress...

Obviously my losses have slowed since starting to taper off of duro (which I did expect) but I’ve also started to get slack with my meals and allow more “treats” into my days. One small treat turned into 2 and then to a bigger treat and then two bigger treats... I would manage to pull myself up after that and go back to an appropriately portioned treat .. until the next week :oops: I am pretty sure the only reason why I was still able to have a loss for the past two weeks is because I have been burning more calories lately but I know that I have to get my eating habits back on track as I know I can’t maintain the amount of calories that I have been burning recently.

But with saying that beating myself up for caving and eating the foods that I have gone 3 months without is really getting to me so my goal for at least the next week or so is to take a bit of a break.. Not to throw in the towel and abandon tracking my food and calorie intake and going on a huge junk food binge but instead of aiming for a deficit to get a loss I plan on aiming to maintain. I feel like I should be able to do this, based off of the average amount of calories I burn and the amount of calories I consume when not being strict I still end up burning more then I consume there’s just not a big enough difference for a decent loss if any but in theory I shouldn’t gain anything either.

I guess I will find out though, I figure testing this theory out for a week shouldn’t negatively impact me too much. Hopefully I will learn some things too about how to successfully maintain weight once I reach my goal weight.

Anyway that’s all for now. Sorry to anyone that’s following for the long post.

Reactions: Rava and April
Congratulations! You did it! The long journey came to an end and you finished as a winner! Minus 15 kg! You definitely need new clothes. Yes, you say that it’s not a reward because you are still not pleased with the way you look. It’s your right, BUT you need new clothes that fit you perfectly at least to have a stronger self-control. Clothes always help us understand whether we need to get back on track NOW and stop treating ourselves. So you do need the clothes. =) As for a real reward… waiting for it for so long… maybe there is something else that you wish for? Di you try talking to the masseuse? Maybe she will be happy to visit you for the sessions. It might even help you lower the cost, since she won’t be paying anything to the salon, where she works.

Ok, you know what and how you need to do to maintain the result and keep losing weight. As hard as it may sound, you need to eat healthy 80% of time, and have the 20% for the bad stuff. Many people allow themselves small treats… Though, of course, it is very difficult to stop yourself once you had a delicious yet unhealthy meal. The best way is to schedule it. I just came up with an idea (never heard of it, but not claiming that it doesn’t exist). Let’s call it “treat bagging” strategy. What you need to do:
  1. Schedule a cheat treat (the day, the meal). Maybe Saturday or Friday night or lunch.
  2. Find a nice container that fits your fridge or a bag for groceries and place it in your fridge.
  3. Every time you want a treat during the week, i.e. not the cheat meal, take the treat and put it in that container or bag.
  4. When you have your cheat meal ready, take out the bag/container and see what you gathered in it.
  5. Now choose which you want more – the bag treats or the cheat meal?
  6. Have the one that you prefer and skip the other.
I wonder if it will work… If you try it, please let me know how it went.

For now, I just want to wish you all the best and hope that you will drop in from time to time at least, to share your thoughts and progress. My sincerest congratulations and best wishes!!

Reactions: Rava
Hi @April , thank you :) It’s definitely not the end for me as I still have a long way to go, it’s just the end of my journey with the help of duromine for now (as per doctors wishes I am having a 3 month break).

That’s a good point about the clothes and using them as a guide to keep us on track. I do still plan on weighing myself weekly to do the same too though. As for having a massage at home, it’s just better to wait until the kids are back at school as I surely would keep getting interrupted if I tried to have one while they are around but I only have to wait until next week anyways so it’s not too far away.

I realise the way I put it in my previous post may have not come across quite how I meant it to. So for my time since starting duro I severely changed my eating habits, from the types of foods I ate, how much, how often and timing. I went against the recommended minimum of 1200 cals a day and averaged out at about 800 a day, mostly because I wanted to make the most of duro but also due to cutting out a lot of meal options that I thought were bad but weren’t actually too bad and also because I didn’t have much of an appetite. So when I would allow myself something I wouldn’t usually eat and it put me up around the 1200 cal a day mark I would feel bad about it and kind of beat myself up.

So when I say that I plan on taking a bit of a break I mean from seriously limiting my calorie intake. I have allowed myself one cheat day a week for my time on duro which even when doing I would only end up hitting around the 1200 calorie mark for the day (I think the max I hit was about 1500 usually to eating out). So my “break” will look something like that, around 1200 calories with a maximum of 1500, which is still less then what I burn over the course of a day even without exercise.

I definitely still hit the rule of eating healthy 80 percent of the time and 20 percent for bad stuff when I am being more relaxed with my food intake as due to the huge change in my diet for the past 3 months I actually can’t eat a huge amount of high sugar or fatty foods as it makes me feel really unwell, bloated and just plain miserable. So the way my body reacts to foods is a good indicator of how I am doing as well.

I do like your idea with the treats so I think I will give that a go too, although the decision will probably be made for me as I don’t see a container of treats surviving the week between my partner & kids helping themselves haha but that’s okay as I said I can’t eat a lot of junk at once anyway and it’s not something I want my body to be able to get used of again.

Thanks again @April I will still be jumping on weekly to update my progress and keep me on track and then will be starting another round of duro in about 3 months time so this won’t be the last you see of me :laughing: I may even add some progress shots of my 3 months completed on duro but that’s still yet to be decided as I don’t really think there’s much difference in my appearance.

14kgs!!!! Whoop! Whoop! You Are Amazing!!! So glad you're going to keep updating us @Determined93. How did you go coming off the Duromine? Did you have any side effects? It sounds like you have a concrete plan and have everything under control. ....have you planned a shopping trip yet? I bet your clothes are hanging off you! haha X

@skinnymee thanks so much :) I am still coming off of it at the moment, I do find that at around 36hr plus mark I start to get very tired (to the point where no matter how hard I tried yesterday I just could not stay awake for for then half hour at a time). I’m honestly not sure if this was a side effect of going without it or if it was caused by another reason. I just took a tab today and have gone back to normal so I will update you again in another couple of days and let you know how the second stint goes. No shopping trip planned yet, I’m making do with some old clothes I had in a smaller size until I can find the time to go shopping haha.

So I’ve been mia for almost a month due to a loss in the family. Due to that I haven’t been tracking food or weight since before it happened. I stepped on the scale today for the first time since my last weigh in on the 7th of last month expecting to see a gain but was shocked to see that I actually lost weight. This surprised me because my diet has been absolutely shocking in comparison to how it was.

Stats are as follows ...

Start weight - 97.4kg
Last weigh in weight (about a month ago) - 82.3kg
Current weight - 80.6kg
*1.7kg lost since last weigh in
*16.8kg Total lost to date

I managed to get myself off of duro with no huge negative side effects, had a few hot and cold sweats and was quite sluggish for a few days. I did have some left overs as I cut myself off a bit earlier then anticipated which admittedly over the past weeks I have taken one here and there when I hadn’t slept and had to have it together the next day.

I finally went and purchased some new clothes .. just a couple of pieces that were desperately needed and I found myself ecstatic when I found that I now fit into size 12 pants both on my hips and waist :laughing: I can’t remember the last time I was in size 12. I’m still wearing around size 14-16 tops though not because I can’t fit into smaller ones but because I like the length that comes with the bigger sizes although it is really bugging me because they look terrible as they’re really baggy around my chest area and hide any curves I now have. Not sure what I’m going to do about that yet but I’m just stoked about my pants haha.

Reactions: Rava
Sorry about your loss in the family, but really happy about your loss in kgs. And the size 12 - you go, girl! Congratulations! And it's a realy crime to hide your curves under baggy tops... If you love these so much, you might consider the idea of making them smaller in volumes, and leave the length... I mean, you should have a couple of tailor shops, where they can make your clothes actally fit your body. The world has to see what you've achieved! 17kg lost - that's a serious achievement! Keep up the great work!

@April Thanks so much for all of the encouragement. There’s only one tailor shop in the town I live in and the lady that works there is quite rude. I’ve just been living in singlets with cardigans for the time being as I can buy the longer length ones but in a size that actually fits well. Will have to find another alternative when it starts to get warmer though as I really hate showing off my arms.

This past week wasn’t a great week, I gained some weight back but the past week was also a really slack week with a lot of take away.

Weigh in is a follows..
Start Weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 82.2kg
*1.6kg gain since last weigh in
*15.2kg total loss to date

2nd week and my appetite is coming back. Currently on 30mg

Me too! What is going on???? I'm on 15mg but today I took two to take it up to 30mg to see how that goes. Today is my 1st day on 2nd week.

Reactions: Big Boy
I may need to bump up to 40mg on the next script.

I took the double dose yesterday but to be honest I didn't notice much of a difference in my day. So this morning I'm back on my 15mg. I have lost a bit of weight again.ive read on this forum to try not to weigh yourself daily as weight fluctuates day by day. But it's so hard not to when you're trying out a medication to help you lose the weight. I'm certainly not craving the usual crappy foods that I eat. That is really strange for me. I'm obsessed with butter and bread etc... But now I'm reasonably satisfied eating salads for lunch??? How are you going ?

Reactions: Big Boy
im excited to be on duromine, well metermine. but im a bit worried that i wont be able to exercise enough to drop the numbers...any advice? has anyone lost weight on duromine/metermine without exercise? im currently injured

Hi Sylvia,

I've hit the wall. Weight staying solid and not budging. Going to see my doc to increase to 40mg. I feel the same way, although I have a craving for gummie lollies and small dark choc. The biggest thing Ive done is remove the alcohol. I would drink every night and have been off for 2 weeks now. Sides are gone, thank goodness. Did you have many sides??

Where are you from?

I'm making sure I'm busy all day and I'm not feeling hungry again. Ive got really no side effects anymore, if anything I'm noticing that the Duromine has worn off later in the evening and then I'm starting to crave sweet snacks to eat. But other than that I'm able to sleep pretty fine now. The scales today show I've lost a little bit of weight, too.

I usually drink wine every night and didn't realise you're not supposed to have any alcohol until a few days ago, so I've cut it out completely now - this is a huge thing for me! It's really hard for me to not enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day.. But because I had to convince my doctor to allow me to try Duromine (she's not a fan of it, says it can be abused) I feel very lucky to have this help so I don't want to stuff it up.

Stick with it. It's far to early to be scrutinising the scales. :)