• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
[QUOTE="Rava, post: 39221]Did you mention before that you stopped taking the Duromine, to kind of reset yourself? I know that April has mentioned in some threads if the hunger increases etc..... that it could be a good idea to stop for 3 - 4 days and then start again, and the effects of the Duromine will kick in again?[/QUOTE]

Nah wasn’t me, I considered it at one stage but my doctor told me not to for as long as my appetite was still being suppressed. I have skipped a day here and there though due to sleeping in but went back to taking it as normal the next day.

Reactions: Rava
Rava said:
An all-nighter! Go you lol! (You gave me a good giggle then :laughing:) I'm just happy you managed to get a good sleep in before you did this! @Determined93 !!!

I'm glad for whatever the reason that you have more energy and motivation!

Haha yes, I think that big sleep definitely helped with my ability to pull it off. Today was a completely different kind of day with energy and motivation after only getting 4 hours sleep last night (so 4 hours in 2 days). I mean I still felt motivated and even considered going to mow the lawn but my body would not allow it to happen haha so I pretty much spent the day as a walking zombie, I even tried your husbands trick and took another mega b vitamin at lunch time but I think I was too sleep deprived for it to have any effect other then making me feel sick.

I had planned to go to bed early tonight (I’m talking like as soon as the kids were in bed I planned to collapse into bed and surrender to the exhaustion) but my youngest 2 children had other plans (like I seriously think they devised a plan between them to take turns at destroying my fantasy of sleep) and were taking turns waking up crying .. it was perfectly timed too .. I would get one back to sleep, just sit down and then the other would start.. repeat this a few times and only now do I think they have given up (fingers tightly crossed) so I am finishing up this post and retreating to bed while I can.. wish me luck!

I keep reading people writing about jittery feelings but I have yet to experience that. Only on my 2nd day so I will have to observe. Reading journeys like this really motivates me! 13kg wow you go girl :laughing:

Determined93 said:
Haha yes, I think that big sleep definitely helped with my ability to pull it off. Today was a completely different kind of day with energy and motivation after only getting 4 hours sleep last night (so 4 hours in 2 days). I mean I still felt motivated and even considered going to mow the lawn but my body would not allow it to happen haha so I pretty much spent the day as a walking zombie, I even tried your husbands trick and took another mega b vitamin at lunch time but I think I was too sleep deprived for it to have any effect other then making me feel sick.

Geez you poor girl! You just cant catch a break right now!

Determined93 said:
I had planned to go to bed early tonight (I’m talking like as soon as the kids were in bed I planned to collapse into bed and surrender to the exhaustion) but my youngest 2 children had other plans (like I seriously think they devised a plan between them to take turns at destroying my fantasy of sleep) and were taking turns waking up crying .. it was perfectly timed too .. I would get one back to sleep, just sit down and then the other would start.. repeat this a few times and only now do I think they have given up (fingers tightly crossed) so I am finishing up this post and retreating to bed while I can.. wish me luck!

Wishing you all the luck! and most definitely hope you had an easier night of it!

Hi all,

I'm in my second week of taking Duromine 40mg. Dr wants me on it for at least 6 months (eek the money) I have lost around 28kg since my journey last year, in the last year I have taken duromine a couple of times and only for roughly a month each time and also lower doses (15 and 30mg) but the rest has been alot of cutting my calories and exercise.

I am wanting to loose 30kg basically for one of my big goals. Since taking duromine I have lost 4kg already, seems to have plateaued a bit this week as well as part of last week as I got the cold last Monday and currently still have it so feeling a bit under the weather, has anyone else had maybe a lower immunity from taking duromine or maybe a coincident since taking it? Haven't been to the gym in the last couple of days to attempt to get better.

I feel like I also could have plateaued because my metabolism is slowing down as I'm not eating nearly enough at all, some days only breakfast and lunch plus going to the gym for a 20min walk and 30 mins of strength training.
I am going to start making myself eat at least brekky, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.

I am hoping the last 2 weeks I have on this packet I'll loose some more, however I am always just fighting with my mind to much I must remember that loosing weight doesn't happen overnight.

Would love any feedback or advice you guys have!!

Reactions: TeeDee67 and Rava
Hello there! Welcome to the forum! The weight loss is amazing! Congratulations!
Just a couple of things to point out...
6 months on Duromine? Any breaks?
As for the cold/flu... I don't think that Duromine weakens your immunity. However, I have seen so many users already reporting of catching a flu or a cold in week 2-3 that I have a feeling it is a side effect of DUromine, but I just can't figure out how to name it yet. Still, if you are planning on taking any medications, it might be wise to stop Duromine during the treatment.
As for the plateau... you said it yourself - you don't give your body sufficient fuel to function properly. Yes, I know, we all probably read the "truth about the starvation mode" and we know that it's not something that happens if you don't eat enoug for a short time, etc, etc, BUT if your body lacks any essential substance, it might hinder your weight loss. So, while you are eating very little, make sure that these small meals are 100% charged with all the useful things, or take a good vitamin and mineral complex. And don;t forget about the water consumption

Hi @tifajade18 and welcome!

Congrats on losing the 28kg last year! Thats a fantastic weight loss :)

How are you going with the 40mg? any different side effects than when you took the 15mg or 30mg?

I think you have done fantastic on your first week as 4kgs is a huge number!

Food is really important, and for the longest time I just didn't get that. I realise now the days I eat steadily and with healthy choices ends up being the week that I lose more. :)

Dont forget to take your measurements too! sometimes the scale might not shift as we want it to, but you will find that we are losing the cm's, so its still a win :laughing:

Ive been lucky and haven't seemed to notice any lower immunity - that being said I did re-start my vitamin regime by around week 3 (Im on my 6th week now) and feel better for it.

Cant wait to read more about your journey!

Ah thank you, its been a long journey thats for sure.
As far as I know he didnt mention it at all in regards to breaks but I guess ill ask him with my next script maybe?

Ive only taken decongestion tablets and cold and flu tablets really, I was feeling better last week around friday/saturday but woke up yesterday morning feeling like literal death.

I'm definitely drinking enough water thats for sure usually 2+ L per day, so what your saying is starvation mode is incorrect?

April said:
As for the cold/flu... I don't think that Duromine weakens your immunity. However, I have seen so many users already reporting of catching a flu or a cold in week 2-3 that I have a feeling it is a side effect of DUromine, but I just can't figure out how to name it yet.

@April - Ive read a lot of threads reporting this as well - I wonder if it is something similar like the "Keto Flu" when your body starts feeling the withdrawal of carbs (even if your not aware of it) but what it is doing is actually switching from burning glucose to burning fat ?

Hi @Rava!

Thanks so much, it was a long journey and is still going thats for sure.

I notice on the 40mg the first few days I was buzzed basically and couldn't really sit still and I had to just do all the things basically haha.
Yeah i guess ive read alot of others loosing large amounts and my brain being stupid just got dis heartened basically.

Yeah I definitely do try to eat fairly well to be honest and make good food choices too, I try to do my measure my cms every month usually.

How do you go with vitamin supplements and what do you take? I've read stuff online about supplements when I looked into it and alot didnt recommend in case you give yourself to much of certain vitamins which isnt good for you either apparently o_O

@tifajade18 here's the category where you can find some useful info about weight loss and some answers to questions that you might have

@Rava not sure, really, but it does sound like a sane idea. I've also seen people reporting of headaches in their wekk 2-3, when they completely stopped sugar, and that might have been sugar wuthdrawal as well. Our bodies are way too complicated =)

Last edited:
I know its hard @tifajade18 not to compare yourself to others, but you've got this! I really think part of this process and lifestyle change is about learning how our OWN bodies react... so I always try to remember that there is no measure that we are judged by.

I had the same effect off the 30mg but have definitely settled into it now - except for the bloody insomnia which I still struggle with!

I have taken vitamins for 20 plus years and not having them when I started Duromine, made me feel like I was lacking. Since starting them up I definitely notice a boost in how I feel with both mood and energy :)

In the mornings I have a womens multi, a complex B, vitamin C as well as a zinc tablet and B12 (every other morning)
At night I have calcium (which includes vitamin D) and magnesium.

All your B's and C's are water soluble so your body will just pee out what it doesn't need which usually shows itself as bright yellow or neon :).

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rava Oh my thats alot of tablets indeed, is there some with everything in one? Duromine already costs me a fortune I wouldnt want to be spending a fortune on that either, I do take vitamin D tablets because I;m deficient in that

tifajade18 said:
@Rava Oh my thats alot of tablets indeed, is there some with everything in one? Duromine already costs me a fortune I wouldnt want to be spending a fortune on that either, I do take vitamin D tablets because I;m deficient in that

Honestly you really don't need any if you are eating a really well balanced diet :). No need to spend any money!

I have always recommended a multi vitamin for women - just because I think that with our hormonal and cortisol changes we can easily deplete what our body gets from a good balanced diet - but again this is only my opinion - I'm not a Dr or nurse or anything like that :).

For me personally I have been deficient in vitamin B12 in the past and used to have to get injections - so its one of the reasons why I take the "B's" religiously. Vitamin C - I was told a long time ago that as a smoker my body depletes it, so again something I have taken for a long time. Magnesium - again something on and off I have taken since my teens and the zinc as well as the calcium with vitamin D I have taken since having a hysterectomy.

Sorry @tifajade18 didn't mean to come across or imply you HAVE TO have them!

Geez I really do sound a bit like a vitamin junkie don't I? LOL

Ahh @Rava okay then fair enough. Ive also been curious about multi vitamins anyway. Not sure in the well balanced diet aspect i guess just depends really haha. I try to eat healthy however. Ive been eating a bit more of late cause id try not to eat at all at night while being on duromine but ive been trying to have small dinners the past couple of nights probably better to have something in my stomach for a good sleep i guess?

I understand now that makes much more sense. Vitamins wouldnt hurt im trying to take collagen powder at the moment to help my skin when i loose more weight but haven't been taking it. They say the powder is tastless but i definitely can taste it and its gross i might go foe tablets next time.

Any particular womens multi vitamin you would recommend for a 25yo?

I personally take Swisse, Women's Ultivite Multivitamin for me they are great!

Chemist Warehouse has them listed at half price at the moment - $29.99 for 120 tablets (4 months worth).

Will give you the heads up though, some when I first tried them could make me feel a bit nauseous so I just make sure I have them with breakfast, and then I don't have any effects :)

End Of Week 10 Weigh In
Start weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 83.3kg
*1.1kg loss this week
*14.1kg total lost to date

I told myself last week that if I could make it to a 15kg loss by the end of this last month on duro before my break that I would be happy as it would put me roughly half way through what I had to loose so stepping on the scales this morning and seeing that this week has put me up to a 14kg loss is great.

I do expect my losses to slow now however as today is the beginning of my weaning off of duro, so I will be doing a weeks worth of 1 tab every second day, followed by a weeks worth of one every third day and finally a weeks worth of one every 4th day and then nothing.

I have decided that this week I am going to spend some more time incorporating toning exercises into my days as despite the fact that I have lost 14kg I am struggling to see any real difference in my appearance and when I tell people how much I have lost they kind of look at me with that “really, you look no different” expression which just makes me feel sad and disappointed. I actually still haven’t given myself a reward yet because other then the scales saying so I don’t feel like I have lost anything... well the scales and my favourite pants which I now can’t wear out in public because they fall down. I have decided however that once I reach 15kgs down I will reward myself, not sure with what yet but I will think of something ... maybe a new pair of pants haha.

You have done so well @Determined93 - 14kgs is just amazing!! You go girl!

The every third day of Duromine didn't make the cut for me last week. I had a tablet Tuesday, skipped Wed and Thursday, tablet on Friday, and was feeling really out of sorts by Sunday arvo. Today I ended up skipping the tablet as well, as yesterday I was feeling like crap - quite emotional. I honestly cant say if this is the effect of coming off the Duromine or my anxiety kicking up a notch because of our trip.

Today though, I ended up grabbing some Hydroxycut having 2 tablets in the morning as well as my multi and b's and have been feeling really good. Haven't thought of food, so the suppression is still there which is great.

The toning exercises are a really good idea - and I have been hola hooping - which has been making me sweat buckets :laughing:. I found this you tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCag7XoiJLutjBTsM0tAzUzg and have to say she is kicking my butt!!

Have a look and try the 7 minute workout!

I hope you are still going to post even when you have your break? I still want to read how your going and what you are doing - basically I would miss you!

Rava said:
You have done so well @Determined93 - 14kgs is just amazing!! You go girl!

The every third day of Duromine didn't make the cut for me last week. I had a tablet Tuesday, skipped Wed and Thursday, tablet on Friday, and was feeling really out of sorts by Sunday arvo. Today I ended up skipping the tablet as well, as yesterday I was feeling like crap - quite emotional. I honestly cant say if this is the effect of coming off the Duromine or my anxiety kicking up a notch because of our trip.

Today though, I ended up grabbing some Hydroxycut having 2 tablets in the morning as well as my multi and b's and have been feeling really good. Haven't thought of food, so the suppression is still there which is great.

The toning exercises are a really good idea - and I have been hola hooping - which has been making me sweat buckets :laughing:. I found this you tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCag7XoiJLutjBTsM0tAzUzg and have to say she is kicking my butt!!

Have a look and try the 7 minute workout!

I hope you are still going to post even when you have your break? I still want to read how your going and what you are doing - basically I would miss you!

Thanks so much @Rava :)

The jump from every second to third day has me a little worried too. I am currently doing fine with duro on every second day (I actually feel no different) but I have read that it can take up to 48 hours for it to actually leave your system so I have a feeling the second day without it may knock me around a bit. I’ve dealt with withdrawals from other medications in the past and I can handle pretty much all of the symptoms except restless legs which drives me crazy but as far as I’ve heard this isn’t a common withdrawal symptom of duro so hopefully I will be okay. When I was working out my tapering plan I did leave myself with some extra tabs just incase I have any of those “I really can’t take it Days” but I’m hoping I won’t need them.

What’s Hydroxycut if you don’t mind me asking?

I will definitely check out the YouTube channel you suggested, thanks for that.

Yes definitely, I don’t think I would have stayed so committed had I of not joined this forum and admittedly I get excited to jump on and see how everyone is doing. It also keeps me inline when I start to slack off haha. I also don’t see very many people give updates of how they are doing when they are no longer on duro which is a little disappointing so I wanted to be someone that would still check in even after I am done on it for good.

Aw that’s so sweet :laughing: I feel the same way about you. It really is amazing how great of a support system this is and how much I have come to enjoy and kind of rely on reading updates, especially the people that I have been following constantly.