• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
ShelleyBris said:
OK, everyone, I fell off the lolly wagon and ate lollies AGAIN !!! BUT, I crawled my butt back on the wagon and thank goodness no weight gain.

EXERCISE - this is the key I'm missing I think, as well as my Dietitian thinks.

But, and this is not an excuse, I have my own business and I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week, I'm exhausted nearly every day, and I can't seem to find time to exercise. My job has me sitting on my arse 99% of the time.

Does anyone have suggestions on trying to add exercise into a day that is so full, AND no gyms here, I live on a property, so no walking on the highway either as trucks fly past at 100 km/hr.

I'm getting desperate, as I'm not loosing weight anymore and I seriously can not reduce my food intake any further (other than no lollies) so exercise is really the only things I'm missing.
Hello ShelleyBris
thank you for sharing this problem because so many of us here on the forum struggle with this as well :)
it is such an important issue, i wish i could wave a magic wand and answer it!
stay strong and remember that you are not alone my darling..

Hugs
Dre

ShelleyBris said:
OK, everyone, I fell off the lolly wagon and ate lollies AGAIN !!! BUT, I crawled my butt back on the wagon and thank goodness no weight gain.

EXERCISE - this is the key I'm missing I think, as well as my Dietitian thinks.

But, and this is not an excuse, I have my own business and I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week, I'm exhausted nearly every day, and I can't seem to find time to exercise. My job has me sitting on my arse 99% of the time.

Does anyone have suggestions on trying to add exercise into a day that is so full, AND no gyms here, I live on a property, so no walking on the highway either as trucks fly past at 100 km/hr.

I'm getting desperate, as I'm not loosing weight anymore and I seriously can not reduce my food intake any further (other than no lollies) so exercise is really the only things I'm missing.
Are you working at home? If not, you can walk to your work some days. Also, it is recommended to take a break each hour and make simple exercises. it is very important if you are sitting all day, not only for your weight loss process but for your health.

Is it your second-time experience with Duromine? You can share your story here.

I’m on my second go with duromine.

I started it not to lose weight but because i was alarmed at how much I was eating after finishing the first round (even towards the end of the first round I was eating more than I normally would. Eating too much has never been my problem so it was shocking).

I wasn’t hungry at all but it was like all my normal self control and good habits had fallen away after three months of having a chemical make me not hungry for me. :/ Gotta build that habit again I guess.

On round two I experimented a bit with alternating days but found the only effect was more disturbed sleep than usual.

Sadly, for me, my best experience with duromine for energy and activity was the first two days and, overall, the first month. My body adapted quite quickly and the drug has had minimal effect after that. I have decided to go back to keto since that provided consistent energy - which was what I was really seeking from duromine. I just wanted that easier path I guess. ^_^

Today at 9:38 AM
Hi everyone!
I was thinking of joining the forum for so long, and every time, something will happen, life goes fast, You can't escape from your everyday responsibilities, and at the end of the day, little time or not at all is left for yourself. Which I find rather unfair, but...
Let me introduce myself. My name is Nina. 46 yrs old, wife, mother and workaholic. I thought for about 1 minute. What to write about my current body weight situation, should I just write down what is happening at the moment, or.. And decided to tell my whole story from the beginning. I hope it will help someone, especially the younger members
Since I entered my teenage years, I started being obsessed with my body completion ( rather typical, someone would say)But, that obsession is still here. 30 years later. I love food. Love cooking, love my mom's food, and I guess I should also thank my genes, for being chubby and curvy girl. My first diet started when I was 15. I still remember at the height of 1.67. I was weighing healthy 63 kg. For two weeks I was on cucumber and juice. Fainted a couple of times and I lost nothing. Then, I even gained a bit more, thanks to the stress of being in high school Did I mention that am emotional eater? Yes am. In over the period of 4 years, I was about to finish my studies, gaining 86 and size 16. I was terrified, not happy with myself, low confidence constantly body shaming myself, hating to go in the shops, and face the looks of the retail workers (don't forget, I am talking about being 22 in the 90ties)I feel that the decade was particularly bad, not that body shaming just came all of a sudden or its gone now! I know, it's hard, because it's everywhere.

So, my second diet ( I will mention only the big diet journey) started when I was 22. I was very determined this time. I was like a soldier. So ready to change my life. I was in love as well. That was I think one of my biggest motion wheels. In two and a half months, I lost 18 kg. My parents were freaking out. They started pressuring me to stop, or at least to go and see the doctor. Hm. The doctors. Just to stop my mom siting on the phone for hrs, and harassing me to stop with the diet, I decided to take the blood test. I forgot to mention. My diet was eating no food, ( grapefruit, toast salads) drinking coffee and sleeping. The blood test came awesome! My levels were great!
Then, my GP recommended healthy diets, know by physicians, I should follow that not just making my own diet. So, he recommended Atkins. I've never heard about Atkins before. So i did my research, and just to keep up with my new weight, my gained confidence, my beautiful
new body, my size 10 body, I decided to continue with Atkins. In the meantime i got married, got pregnant, and during a rather difficult pregnancy I lost additional weight, so I was 9mnts pregnant with 67 kilos, looking skinnier than ever. I gained weight again in the next months following the birth of my child, but hey, Atkins was here. I was on Atkins with occasional breaks for about 3 or 4 years. My health deteriorated bad! I lost my bone's muscle density, having constant cramps, I was miserable and hungry for most of the time, lucky not to asked for a divorce. But I was skinny.
Second pregnancy brought back the lost. I was 34, and 109. Yes. Irregular Hart pulsations, cholesterol, occasional astma attacks, depression, endless health issues, size 20... I simply couldn't control my body. If anyone can relate. It’s like you are driving a plane, but never been to a pilot school. Then my GP recommended reductil! Hmm mm
Lord my lord! I lost 10 kg in one month! But after three months he stopped prescribing. I started eating. The vicious circle of nine wheels of heel ( diets, loosing gaining yo yo effects, health issues, spending money for clothes i never put on, size 10 to 20) continued for about 10 yrs. Till I changed my GP. He recommended duromine.
Duromine. Hello. Welcome to my life. The year is 2017. March. I am sitting on 98 kg. miserable middle age lady. My hubby is getting better looks with age. My GP prescribed me with 30 mg for three months. I continued taking duromine for 8 months. So, by Christmas 2017 I was 59! Yes59 kg. Then I had stomach issues, stopped eating because of the severe viral infection and lost an additional 4 kg. I entered 2018 with 55 kg!!!! Life was beautiful again! I was in heaven, literally! Size 6! Going in the shops just to try on sizes. I stopped taking duromine for a while. Obviously. Then Slowly started creeping into my bad habits, and just when I hit 65 I continue taking duromine. The year is 2021. I am still fighting like hell. Still on and off duromine. Increased even, 40 mg. Changing GPs, endless weighing, going through menopause.... I think it's time for me to stop. But that's my life. I really don't know what to do or how to change this illness. I am stuck in my own misery of constant gaining and losing weight. It's getting harder and harder, and the motivation is gone. But I wanted to share my story. There is so much more. If anyone has a question, shoot. I also have a lot of as wells..I am here to stay. I need support.
Sincerely
Nina

NinaMb said:
Today at 9:38 AM
Hi everyone!
I was thinking of joining the forum for so long, and every time, something will happen, life goes fast, You can't escape from your everyday responsibilities, and at the end of the day, little time or not at all is left for yourself. Which I find rather unfair, but...
Let me introduce myself. My name is Nina. 46 yrs old, wife, mother and workaholic. I thought for about 1 minute. What to write about my current body weight situation, should I just write down what is happening at the moment, or.. And decided to tell my whole story from the beginning. I hope it will help someone, especially the younger members
Since I entered my teenage years, I started being obsessed with my body completion ( rather typical, someone would say)But, that obsession is still here. 30 years later. I love food. Love cooking, love my mom's food, and I guess I should also thank my genes, for being chubby and curvy girl. My first diet started when I was 15. I still remember at the height of 1.67. I was weighing healthy 63 kg. For two weeks I was on cucumber and juice. Fainted a couple of times and I lost nothing. Then, I even gained a bit more, thanks to the stress of being in high school Did I mention that am emotional eater? Yes am. In over the period of 4 years, I was about to finish my studies, gaining 86 and size 16. I was terrified, not happy with myself, low confidence constantly body shaming myself, hating to go in the shops, and face the looks of the retail workers (don't forget, I am talking about being 22 in the 90ties)I feel that the decade was particularly bad, not that body shaming just came all of a sudden or its gone now! I know, it's hard, because it's everywhere.

So, my second diet ( I will mention only the big diet journey) started when I was 22. I was very determined this time. I was like a soldier. So ready to change my life. I was in love as well. That was I think one of my biggest motion wheels. In two and a half months, I lost 18 kg. My parents were freaking out. They started pressuring me to stop, or at least to go and see the doctor. Hm. The doctors. Just to stop my mom siting on the phone for hrs, and harassing me to stop with the diet, I decided to take the blood test. I forgot to mention. My diet was eating no food, ( grapefruit, toast salads) drinking coffee and sleeping. The blood test came awesome! My levels were great!
Then, my GP recommended healthy diets, know by physicians, I should follow that not just making my own diet. So, he recommended Atkins. I've never heard about Atkins before. So i did my research, and just to keep up with my new weight, my gained confidence, my beautiful
new body, my size 10 body, I decided to continue with Atkins. In the meantime i got married, got pregnant, and during a rather difficult pregnancy I lost additional weight, so I was 9mnts pregnant with 67 kilos, looking skinnier than ever. I gained weight again in the next months following the birth of my child, but hey, Atkins was here. I was on Atkins with occasional breaks for about 3 or 4 years. My health deteriorated bad! I lost my bone's muscle density, having constant cramps, I was miserable and hungry for most of the time, lucky not to asked for a divorce. But I was skinny.
Second pregnancy brought back the lost. I was 34, and 109. Yes. Irregular Hart pulsations, cholesterol, occasional astma attacks, depression, endless health issues, size 20... I simply couldn't control my body. If anyone can relate. It’s like you are driving a plane, but never been to a pilot school. Then my GP recommended reductil! Hmm mm
Lord my lord! I lost 10 kg in one month! But after three months he stopped prescribing. I started eating. The vicious circle of nine wheels of heel ( diets, loosing gaining yo yo effects, health issues, spending money for clothes i never put on, size 10 to 20) continued for about 10 yrs. Till I changed my GP. He recommended duromine.
Duromine. Hello. Welcome to my life. The year is 2017. March. I am sitting on 98 kg. miserable middle age lady. My hubby is getting better looks with age. My GP prescribed me with 30 mg for three months. I continued taking duromine for 8 months. So, by Christmas 2017 I was 59! Yes59 kg. Then I had stomach issues, stopped eating because of the severe viral infection and lost an additional 4 kg. I entered 2018 with 55 kg!!!! Life was beautiful again! I was in heaven, literally! Size 6! Going in the shops just to try on sizes. I stopped taking duromine for a while. Obviously. Then Slowly started creeping into my bad habits, and just when I hit 65 I continue taking duromine. The year is 2021. I am still fighting like hell. Still on and off duromine. Increased even, 40 mg. Changing GPs, endless weighing, going through menopause.... I think it's time for me to stop. But that's my life. I really don't know what to do or how to change this illness. I am stuck in my own misery of constant gaining and losing weight. It's getting harder and harder, and the motivation is gone. But I wanted to share my story. There is so much more. If anyone has a question, shoot. I also have a lot of as wells..I am here to stay. I need support.
Sincerely
Nina
Hi Nina,

Sounds like you've been through a lifelong experience of body issues, something all too common to women! I honestly think you might need to talk to a good female GP about seeing a psychologist. I don't want to offend you at all, I know you're not crazy but sometimes after so long with the same behaviour patterns it's nearly impossible to break them by ourselves! I understand how addictive it can be to be thin and comfortable but do you want to lose any more of your life to these crazy cycles? I'm the same age as you, 42 and I too have been on the diet roundabout since I was a teenager. I'm taking duromine now just to get back into my normal size 10 clothes after kids but I will be working with a good psychologist to address my body image issues. I don't want to be going through menopause crash dieting! I want to be happy and comfortable for my kids and for myself.

I hope you're feeling okay and wish you the best.

Brooke

Reactions: April
Brkylen said:
Hi Nina,

Sounds like you've been through a lifelong experience of body issues, something all too common to women! I honestly think you might need to talk to a good female GP about seeing a psychologist. I don't want to offend you at all, I know you're not crazy but sometimes after so long with the same behaviour patterns it's nearly impossible to break them by ourselves! I understand how addictive it can be to be thin and comfortable but do you want to lose any more of your life to these crazy cycles? I'm the same age as you, 42 and I too have been on the diet roundabout since I was a teenager. I'm taking duromine now just to get back into my normal size 10 clothes after kids but I will be working with a good psychologist to address my body image issues. I don't want to be going through menopause crash dieting! I want to be happy and comfortable for my kids and for myself.

I hope you're feeling okay and wish you the best.

Brooke
Hi Brooke
Thank you for your honest concerns. I am seeing a psychologist, for 10 yrs. Also, I suggest you do that as well, not to wait till menopause hit you like a rock. My mum had very early menopause, with terrible consequences. All the best.

Hey everyone,

I’m not really new to this forum, but it sure does look different now! I love what you guys have done with the place! But I am indeed back on Duromine to lose weight and get healthy again.

I think I was here last in 2019. I didn’t have much success, but that was due to my own personal issues at the time, though I didn’t know it then. I have since left an abusive marriage, moved across the country to WA, working FIFO as a geologist and am away on swing at the moment on day 3 of 30mg Duromine (pharmacy brand though).

I didn’t think I’d ever try it again, but after failing miserably at losing weight I went to see my doctor. I explained that despite exercising (as well as the physically intensive job I do) the only way I can maintain weight and not gain is by only eating one meal a day: Dinner. He wasn’t surprised, as I have PCOS, and prescribed me both Metformin to manage insulin resistance, and Duromine to give me a kick start.

So here I am. I have a new partner now who is also a FIFO worker, lives an active lifestyle and is keen to go on this journey with me. He is only around 3-4kg off his goal weight, but he struggles to maintain so is extremely understanding and supportive.

*For anyone wondering, I’m 38 years old, with a starting weight of 93kg and a goal weight of ~65kg.

• Love
Reactions: April and Missy23
Bam Bam said:
Hey everyone,

I’m not really new to this forum, but it sure does look different now! I love what you guys have done with the place! But I am indeed back on Duromine to lose weight and get healthy again.

I think I was here last in 2019. I didn’t have much success, but that was due to my own personal issues at the time, though I didn’t know it then. I have since left an abusive marriage, moved across the country to WA, working FIFO as a geologist and am away on swing at the moment on day 3 of 30mg Duromine (pharmacy brand though).

I didn’t think I’d ever try it again, but after failing miserably at losing weight I went to see my doctor. I explained that despite exercising (as well as the physically intensive job I do) the only way I can maintain weight and not gain is by only eating one meal a day: Dinner. He wasn’t surprised, as I have PCOS, and prescribed me both Metformin to manage insulin resistance, and Duromine to give me a kick start.

So here I am. I have a new partner now who is also a FIFO worker, lives an active lifestyle and is keen to go on this journey with me. He is only around 3-4kg off his goal weight, but he struggles to maintain so is extremely understanding and supportive.

*For anyone wondering, I’m 38 years old, with a starting weight of 93kg and a goal weight of ~65kg.
Welcome back Bam Bam :)
i remember you from last time, and yes there have been some re decorating :p
good to see you again! and if you need any advice? well, you know the drill..

Hugs
Dre

Reactions: Bam Bam and April
Hi Bam Bam,

Glad to see you back :sun::party::party:
New life - new goals! And it's always good to have someone, who supports you.

P.S. Thank you from everyone from the NeverGiveUp team :heart: We're happy that you like the new design:innocent:

Reactions: Bam Bam and Dre
I’m ready for this to be the last time I’m over 100kgs

I’m ready for this to be the last time I weigh over 90kgs

My first Duromine experience was in 2015, I lost 26kgs was fit, healthy and loved myself for the first time. I lost my mum in 2016 and suffering depression I spiralled out of control. I then fell pregnant with my daughter in 2017 and added more weight on. After 2 years having post partum depression,l and almost breaking my relationship, I decided enough was enough, it was time for a change. I got a hold of my depression, emotions and anxiety and focused on my family. We decided to try for a baby last year and after 8 months of trying we fell pregnant with our son ♥️ I made the decision that after our son was born (finished having children) that it was time to get serious about my weight and improve myself.

I’m now 10 weeks post partum and have been taking Duromine for 1.5 weeks. For the first 8 weeks I really focused on my water intake and controlled what I ate, got the new treadmill out of the box and I have been loving it. I forgot how much I like to be on it.

Starting Weight: 110kgs
Mini Goal: 95kgs
Goal Weight: 75-80kgs

Here is some photos that I took 6 days apart. Such a motivation

Attachments

• 406CC7FD-AD09-42DD-9E13-88ECF201E102.jpeg
    406CC7FD-AD09-42DD-9E13-88ECF201E102.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 64
  • ED62859E-9E92-41E6-B807-0B480778C20F.jpeg
    ED62859E-9E92-41E6-B807-0B480778C20F.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Dre and April
katie tully said:

My first Duromine experience was in 2015, I lost 26kgs was fit, healthy and loved myself for the first time. I lost my mum in 2016 and suffering depression I spiralled out of control. I then fell pregnant with my daughter in 2017 and added more weight on. After 2 years having post partum depression,l and almost breaking my relationship, I decided enough was enough, it was time for a change. I got a hold of my depression, emotions and anxiety and focused on my family. We decided to try for a baby last year and after 8 months of trying we fell pregnant with our son ♥️ I made the decision that after our son was born (finished having children) that it was time to get serious about my weight and improve myself.

I’m now 10 weeks post partum and have been taking Duromine for 1.5 weeks. For the first 8 weeks I really focused on my water intake and controlled what I ate, got the new treadmill out of the box and I have been loving it. I forgot how much I like to be on it.

Hi Katie!

Thanks for sharing your story with us! May I ask what did you do to get rid of 26 kilos during your first time on Duromine? Any tips?
I'm always glad to read the stories when people try and succeed in saving their relationship, no matter what. :sun: Does your hubby support you now?

I wish you a very successful weight loss journey, dear! Keep us updated on your progress.

katie tully said:

Yesterday marked day 21, feeling great

Attachments

• D6F366A8-B89F-4951-ABB9-4B0AE19A0DE2.jpeg
    D6F366A8-B89F-4951-ABB9-4B0AE19A0DE2.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 51
  • A0EB3B11-A0D8-4FD0-A245-E7564AB7CC44.jpeg
    A0EB3B11-A0D8-4FD0-A245-E7564AB7CC44.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Love
Reactions: April
katie tully said:
Wowoowowoww!! You go, girl!
Are you on 30 mg? Whenever you need a refill, please let me know. :sun:

katie tully said:
4 weeks on Duromine and almost 3 weeks off, will start my next month of Duromine on Monday! Finally getting some shape back

Attachments

• DA501E06-A1B6-4C23-BF08-95B01A4EBEE8.jpeg
    DA501E06-A1B6-4C23-BF08-95B01A4EBEE8.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DA7DA061-4D34-4676-9473-5C075BDE8DC6.jpeg
    DA7DA061-4D34-4676-9473-5C075BDE8DC6.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Love
Reactions: StacyB and April
katie tully said:
4 weeks on Duromine and almost 3 weeks off, will start my next month of Duromine on Monday! Finally getting some shape back
Wow! Thank you for sharing your results! Ho much did you already lose?
Please also share your diet?
I believe you are physically active with your baby boy. Kids will never give us a chance to lay on the bed and do nothing :)

StacyB said:
Wow! Thank you for sharing your results! Ho much did you already lose?
Please also share your diet?
I believe you are physically active with your baby boy. Kids will never give us a chance to lay on the bad and do nothing :)
I haven’t weighed myself yet, every time I go to the shops I’ve been meaning to buy scales and then think about 100 others things and walk out with something completely different haha!
I don’t follow any sort of diet, I eat what my family eats, I have just cut out a lot of the bad foods that I use to have, (Instead of soft drink I now have soda water & lime or just water, cut out maccas - mostly haha!). My biggest issue is that I grazed so much, but I’ve been able to stop doing that completely. I have my 3 main meals a day and light snacks twice a day. We also own a farming business so that keeps me on my feet alot as well as the kids.

Reactions: StacyB