• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Month 3+

Hey there! How did these two weeks go for you? Did the stubborn couple of kilos give up?

Everything went fine.
Starting with Christmas to happy new year.

Hello again. Sorry I haven’t updated. Things haven’t been going so well. W4 I only lost 0.1 kg. Duromine didn’t seem to be doing much for me, but I still had to put up with dry mouth, and being dizzy every time I stood up.

Then I’ve been down with a nasty flu for the past two weeks. I still had some pills left as I’d skipped a few days. At first I wasn’t entirely sure if it was flu or maybe related to Duromine, the main symptom was an aching body. I wasn’t eating very well and I only lost 0.2 kg that week. Anyway, the illness was not Duromine related as the rest of my family then came down with it!

Its now obviously flu with sore throat, runny nose, sneezing etc as well as aching body and my husband and daughter have it too. No Duromine this week, it hasn’t been a full week yet but I’ve regained about 0.6 kg. Hopefully I can get back in control when I recover from illness.

I’ve decided not to ask my doctor for more Duromine at this stage. I had much worse side effects this time for less benefit. 2.4 kg in about five weeks is better than nothing (have already but some back on) but I was dizzy a lot, nauseated sometimes, and the dry mouth was pretty bad. If I do ever try Duromine again I will have a much longer break than two months first! Maybe it wasn’t completely out of my system from the first round.

Response to Duromine seems a very individual thing and can vary a lot even for the same person on different rounds!

Get well soon, Natalie.
I am sorry that this time on Duromine did not go as good as the first round. But yes, I always warn people that Duromine is different with every new course.
My best wishes to you and hope you will drop by from time to time, even if just to say hi =) Cheers

Reactions: Librarian
Hi, I’m new on here. Joined as my gp prescribed duromine15mg for 12 weeks - during which I lost 5.5kg just before Christmas. I felt the tablets were not really as potent as when I started as I lost 3kg in the first 4weeks. I’m now up .5kg & hopefully receiving Duromine 30mg from a seller on here... I’m 71.5kgs and 5ft 1” (so have about 12-15kgs to lose depending on when I feel healthiest and BMI comes down a bit ... not sure if this helps anyone but happy to share my journey with it. Would love to hear from someone who has gone from 15mg to 30mg and their experience. Thank you

Reactions: Dre
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your amazing progress and best of luck for the rest of your journey!
DO you have any certain eating plan?

Hi April, nice to meet you
I don’t have any particular plan, I’m vegetarian but was eating way too many carbs & sweets - I felt that the duro made it easy to want fruit rather than chocolate or sweets and it certainly helped me cut down on bread, pasta etc... as I could easily choose alternatives. I was feeling full on smaller meal portions... had very few side effects (not sleeping enough in the first few days, dry mouth) ... hoping 30mg which I’ve ordered will help me achieve my goals without any bigger side effects. Wondering if taking one every second day might work better than every day ... will have to explore.
As for exercise, Yoga & Pilates 3-4 times a week (Moderate levels).
I’ve been able to read lots on here and appreciate that this forum exists, super helpful ! Thank you

Reactions: Dre and April
Oh wow! Looks like your experience with Duromine is rather nice. Congrats on the weight loss and on changing your eating habits so much! Do you feel like you're already used to the smaller amounts of sweets and carbs? You're now off Duromine? How long? Did the appetite get back to the previous level?

Reactions: Jaki and Dre
I’ve been off Duro a month today ... considering I got through Chrissy and Jan holidays without gaining more than .5kg I feel it has worked (I wasn’t picking at food and wasn’t really tempted by all the food on offer ... I could’ve had it but I found it fairly easy to choose not too, normally abstaining from all the yummy food in offer would’ve been difficult) so I think the duro was still working wrll the first week after Chrissy ... then I started wanting toast etc... again, I’m still really happy with fruit when sugar cravings hit, no need for chocolate or icecream etc... I’ve started wanting toast & small amounts of pasta again (I didn’t really want any carb other than moderate amounts rice when I was on it, which was the biggest change for me as I use carbs for energy often) ... I’m eating more than when I was on the duro but not putting on weight so I feel like the duro has helped me with portion sizes etc... I have a trip overseas in June and would like to have reached a weight I’m more comfortable with for ease of travelling and just plain fun ... So I’m going to give duro30mg a go ... i really dislike not having the ease I used to have when I was 60kg a few years back ... here’s hoping either way I’ll get there this year regardless. I’ve had a good experience with it ... and I’m ok with losing slowly as long as I’m losing it ...

Reactions: April and Dre
hello Jaki
welcome to the forum :)

you are among friends here, loads of good advice and experience available.
great to hear what you are achieving so far, keep it up!

if you have any questions? don't be afraid to ask, or if you just need to Vent,
April is an absolute Gemstone, and i am never far away :cool:

oh and remember Jaki, The Devil will at some point knock at your door,
it's up to you my love, to choose whether or not to let him in..

Hugs
Dre

Reactions: April
Hi Dre ! Happy to meet you .... feeling the love already ... thanks for your words, good to know I can find support here for those ‘tricky’ times. April has been super welcoming and I’m so happy this group is here... so much great info and personal experience. Well done on keeping this going ... nothing says you can’t do this like community Love
Hugs back at you
Jaki x

Reactions: April and Dre
Jaki said:
Hi Dre ! Happy to meet you .... feeling the love already ... thanks for your words, good to know I can find support here for those ‘tricky’ times. April has been super welcoming and I’m so happy this group is here... so much great info and personal experience. Well done on keeping this going ... nothing says you can’t do this like community Love
Hugs back at you
Jaki x

Oops nothing says YOU CAN DO THIS .... like community LOVE
Damn auto correct ...

:))) It's great that you're now more aware about yout eating habits and know what to do, when cravings come. Fingers crossed, you will get as light as you wish!

Reactions: Jaki
Jaki said:
Hi, I’m new on here. Joined as my gp prescribed duromine15mg for 12 weeks - during which I lost 5.5kg just before Christmas. I felt the tablets were not really as potent as when I started as I lost 3kg in the first 4weeks. I’m now up .5kg & hopefully receiving Duromine 30mg from a seller on here... I’m 71.5kgs and 5ft 1” (so have about 12-15kgs to lose depending on when I feel healthiest and BMI comes down a bit ... not sure if this helps anyone but happy to share my journey with it. Would love to hear from someone who has gone from 15mg to 30mg and their experience. Thank you

Hi Jaki,

I’m half way through my second month, but my first month was 15mg and second is 30mg. Since your original post was from January this year, I’d love to hear your experience in the long term.

For me, I asked to go up to 30mg because the feeling of restless energy I got from 15mg only lasted a couple of days before my body settled down again. Sadly, the same thing happened on 30mg. That said, I do find it is easier to take action on some things than I would have before. For example, deciding to walk to a place an hour away instead of catch the bus or drive.

The hunger suppression didn’t change. My doctor actually said that if you feel hunger suppression on the 15mg, there’s not much point to increasing your dose. So far, 30mg has just made me very aware that my heart is beating harder and faster during the day, at night and when waking up than it was on 15mg.

I hope you succeeded and weren’t too discouraged when the initial weight loss rate didn’t continue (unless it did? Much curious!). I think people who go on duromine who haven’t already ‘tidied up’ their eating habits - or even just reduced carbs - will see very large and exciting impacts immediately (often in the liver), then slightly lesser, then their body adapts a bit and it settles into something more steady. That’s what I’ve observed, anyway! ^_^ I’m no doctor!

Reactions: April
How was your third month on Duromine? You can share your third month's experience here.

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the add, I've been on Duromine since August 2022, I work out 4 days a week HIIT workouts, strength training, and resistance training. I eat lots of protein and no sugar, no takeout, no alcohol, lots of water and healthy meals, it was hard in the beginning waking up 4am for me as I had to break the bad habits and reset my mind. but it was/ is all worth it as I have lost 10.9kg up until yesterday's weigh in and yes, I have dropped 2 dress sizes now.
My original goal started off with me just wanting to lose 8kg but now for 2023 my goal is to be in the healthy weight range by October. I have been unwell with COVID last week/this week and have been isolating, but my plan of action is to get back in action next week by going to the gym 6 days a week. 💪

Happy New Year everyone !!!

• Love
Reactions: StacyB