• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Month 3+

Hey girls!

Sharing my story and journey with Duromine with you girls.

Since young, I have always been on the heavier side despite being active (I was a dancer for 12 years). I had serious issues with my body and hated how I am so "different" from the rest of the girls.

Last year (September 2016), I had an awakening call when I weighed myself and realised how heavy I was. I was 85kg (I believe that's the heaviest I was) and only 154cm tall. I wanted to do something for myself and wanted to really change. After all, I am already 23 years old and i didn't want to spend my entire youth not being able to be confident with myself.

I started cutting of sugar and carbs from my diet and lost about 6kg throughout the 3-4 months. During that period, I was actively reading up on forums and articles and that's when I came across Duromine and all the success story and decided to get some for myself.

First month:

My starting weight @ 26 December 2016 - 79kg

Surprisingly, I didn't had any insomnia the first week. I only experience constant dry mouth, so I drank lots of water. I also felt flushed most of the time (especially at night) but i'm not very sure if this is one of the side effects of the medicine.

I ended my first month on the 21st Feb, weighing at 74kg. So about 5kg lost for the first month. I will be honest that I was abit discouraged and sad cause I've read stories on how others have lost 8-12kg in a month yet my results were much lesser & slower. However, I thought that it could be because that I wasn't taking the medicine daily (I kept forgetting about it) hence the results were much lesser.

Second month:

Weight @ 13 March 2017 - 74kg

Set an alarm for myself daily to remember to take the medicines as I wanted to know if having them daily is actually much effective than having it on alternate days.

I lost 4kg for the second month, weighing at 70kg. A note here is that in this month, I was much more active (due to my job) and had much lesser & irregular meals as compared to the first month. However, I did consume more sugar and carbs as my job is very energy intensive and I need them to prevent me from feeling dizzy & weak. I came to a conclusion that duromine helps me to lose about 1kg per week and about 4-5kg per month!

I took a break from duromine because I was flying overseas + it was my birthday week!

Third month:
Weight @ 2nd May 2017 - 69kg

Currently at D14 (2 weeks down) of my 3rd month. So far my side effects are still the same but I am experiencing constipation, on and off. I seem to be experiencing insomnia so i've been sleeping really late and having lesser hours of sleep per day. I should have lost 2kg, however, my weight has been pretty stagnant (still at 69kg +-).

I'm starting to get worried because I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or is my body immune to duromine already?! I was hoping to reach 60kg by the end of June/July, which is about 10kg loss across 3 months. I'm a bit disheartened and am avoiding to weigh myself because I don't want to be disappointed :(

Progress:
Heaviest Weight: 85kg
Starting Weight: 79kg
Current Weight: 69kg

Goals:

Short-term goal: 60kg (By end of june/july)
Goal weight by end of 2017: 55-50kg (Within healthy range for my height)
Ultimate goal weight: 45-48kg (I'm only 154cm tall)

Please share your progress with me cause I would love to listen to your stories too!! :)

Reactions: Mom2three
I can't give you any advice, I have just started my journey. But congratulations on a 16kg weighloss that is fantastic.

Wow WOW! Kellyyy, the weight loss is already amazing! Stop being sad. You’re doing well! Did you return to good eating and exercising routine? If not, don’t lose the remaining 2 weeks. Get back on track and the ball starts rolling again. And you definitely should take something to make yourself regular, so to say…. Constipation can affect your weight loss in not a very good way. Wish you all the lluck in the world to get to your goal!!!

End of Third month:
Weight @ 1st June 2017 - 67.4kg

Bummed that the weight loss was not as expected (I was expecting 1kg per week, so about 4kg per month) but am glad that I haven't gain any additional weight! :)

I'm intending to stop using the medicine for 2 weeks or so and then start again and hopefully the results will be much better! I'm also trying to make myself poop more often?? I'm now pooping once in 2-3 days and I hate how bloated I feel everyday. Any suggestions on how to do so?? I've been drinking lots of water and eating alot of fruits but nothing seems to be working. I was lactose intolerant previously but drinking milk only gets my stomach churning and I still don't end up pooping :(

7kg more to go by the end of July!!!!

Hello Kelly! I guess your body doesn’t agree so much with your points about the need to lose that much weight, so the weight loss might be a bit slower. However, you said the most clever thing: You didn’t gain any weight and even managed to lose some. Overall result is great! Wish you all the luck and willpower to go through these two off-Duromine weeks without any serious problems. Every time you want to eat something that you shouldn’t, just think of all the efforts you made to get to the weight you are in now. It is always better to continue from where you stopped, and not from the beginning. Be strong and all the luck to you! Looking forward to your further updates! Cheers!

Hi Kelly! Did you restart Duromine? I hope you did manage to keep the weight off while not using Duromine. Cheers!

Hi! Just an update for everyone!

I actually stopped duromine on 1st June 2017 and the following 3 weeks, I forced myself to increase my appetite and also not to be so weary of what I was eating. Reason being, I realised that the medicine wasn't working as good as before and I felt that it was because the medicine has actually managed to curb my appetite, and somehow the habits of eating much lesser per day has formed a permanent effect on me. Idk if I am making sense but basically, even without the help of the medicine, my appetite was still pretty small.

I did read through alot and most of them suggested having a break. Some took a day, some took a month and the medicine did kick in back for them. However, I did try that before and it didn't work for me at all. It got me thinking if it was because there was nothing left for duromine to curb. Hence, I took the risk and forced myself to increase my appetite and increase the amount of unhealthy food I was eating.

26 June 2017 - 68.1kg

I did gain close to a kg but it was cool with me. I mean from the way I was trying to increase my appetite, I would have thought that I would gain 3-4kg :p My last day is supposed to be on the 25 but unfortunately, due to a case of acid reflux for the past 2 weeks, I have to stop the medicine for a bit. I should add on that I only stopped yesterday because my doctor has prescribed a much stronger dosage and I didn't want the medicine to have effects on each other or anything (My reflux medicine causes drowsiness but duromine cause insomnia).

That being said, I'm currently 65kg, so I've lost about 3kg for the past 3 weeks!!! (yay to constant lost of 1kg per week again) :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Though I've always wanted to hit 60kg by the end of July, as long as there are progress (ableit slower than expected), I am still really really happy!! ;)

Updated goals:
Short-term goal: 55kg (By end of Oct) - I'm going overseas & taking my graduation shoot in Nov and I hope to look good in the photos!!
Goal weight by end of 2017: 55-50kg (Within healthy range for my height)
Ultimate goal weight: 45-48kg (I'm only 154cm tall)

-------------------------------
Just wanted to share this too but I used to love and consume fast food (Especially mcdonald's) alot. But during this period of time, I cut down on it and basically I don't really eat it anymore (Max once a month?). Consuming it again actually disgusted me more than I thought it would and I would think that partly it's because my body is getting used to the change in lifestyle and food habits, it is now rejecting all the food I used to love :oops:

So guys, what I really want to say is, the starting is never easy. So many times I have had the "It's ok. Just one fast food meal and I would skip dinner to make up for the additional calories consumed" but that entire mentality is so damaging in long terms. Once you start seeing the weight go off bit by bit, you would definitely better about yourself, is much happier and and feel more motivated to achieve more. Eventually, you are doing this for yourself. Let's all work hard to our goal together!!!!! :):):) PS/ sorry for the super long and draggy posts.

Hello Kellyyy! I am very glad to hear from you and thank you so much for such a thorough update on your sensations about Duromine and post-Duromine experience! I feel so good for you on that permanently decreased appetite and no more love for junk food. This is exactly what one could name a great outcome of Duromine use. CONGRATULATIONS on all weight loss, such a great mood and your decisiveness to keep going in a steady pace towards your goal. Well done!

Hello Kelly! How is it going? How do you feel without Duromine? It’s been some longer time and I am very curious if the small appetite still persists. Take care and hope you will reach your goal by the end of October and, of course, the ultimate goal weight by the end of the year. I am sure you look very differently from the way you looked at the beginning of the journey. =)

I’m back!

I finished a three month course of Duromine on 12/11/17, my weight dropping from 84.7 kg to 75.1 kg (9.6 kg loss) which I was very happy with. I had fairly mild side effects, mainly dry mouth and some nausea. By the end of three months the pills didn’t have much effect any more so I took a two month break.

I saw my doctor on Tuesday and she was very pleased that I had maintained the loss, especially over Christmas, and prescribed me another month of 30 mg (we didn’t discuss more after that but I’m assuming she will approve another three months total if I continue to get good results). I started taking Duromine on Thursday (yesterday). My official weigh in day is always Monday, which this time happens to be the first day of a New Year, how auspicious! I did start eating healthily then so I’m going with that start date.

Starting weight 01/01/18: 75.4 kg
Duromine start 04/01/18: 75.0 kg and waist 97 cm

I’m 154 cm (5’0”) so my ultimate goal is 58 kg, top of my healthy weight range.

I’m following the Blood Sugar Diet, which is a Mediterranean Diet - moderate protein, moderate fat, fairly low carb and no processed foods. Maybe the occasional chocolate! Duromine makes it so much easier to stick to.

First two days I’ve had reduced appetite and a bit of extra energy (I’ve never experienced manic house-cleaning energy on Duromine, just enough to make life more pleasant). Side effects are very dry mouth, worse than I remember from last time, I’ve had 13 glasses of fluid today and have to stop or I’ll be up all night. And insomnia, had a lot of wakefulness on night one. I think the insomnia will pass, but last time I had dry mouth the whole time from when I went up to 30 mg from 15, so that is something to look forward to! Arg! Oh well, it’s worth it.

Monday morning here in Sydney.

SW: 75.4 kg
W1: 74.0 kg

I’ve lost 1.4 kg this week, 1.0 kg of that since I restarted Duromine on Thursday. I am happy with that. I never get the dramatic losses some people do, where they complain that they’ve “only” lost 4 kg or something, but I have learned to accept that. Especially since I was able to maintain my loss over the Christmas two-month break.

I’m eating healthily (not too much), drinking lots, and starting to increase my exercise.

I had insomnia for the first two nights but that is gone now. However I also have a bit less energy than on those first couple of days. That may be partly because my body is switching over burning fat as I’m eating low carb. Still have dry mouth, not quite as bad as first day. A bit of hollow nauseated feeling last two days, not too bad. Burping helps!

Reactions: Marshmaya
Now look how’s here!!! Hi Natalie! Really happy to see you in a good mood and determined to continue AND having maintained the weight after finishing Duromine! BRAVO! Sounds like the journey is going pretty well, and I am happy that you got rid of insomnia and the side effects don’t really bother you. The diet you chose is a pretty nice one. In fact, it’s pretty easy to turn it into your lifestyle, so I am sure you will not find it too difficult to keep maintaining your weight after you finish this course. Besides, you are so right about losing weight slowly thus ensuring a lasting result. Going slow and steady is your best tactics. =)) Have an amazingly successful and pleasant round two!

At the end of January, i will be finishing my final pills of Duromine - the end to such an amazing journey!!

I dont want any nasty comments or backlash when telling my start/finish weight, as i know ive never technically been overweight, but have struggled with body issues and severe depression because of it every since i can remember. My doctor knew all about this and once i asked him about it and what it is like, he suggested we try to help me become happy with myself. I know weight isnt everything but for young girls it does affect how happy you are! I am also very short so my goal weight is still in the healthy range for my BMI

SW:61.1
GW: 49/50.0
1/10 61.1
8/10 - 56.9
16/10 - 56.6
18/10 - 56.4
27/10 - 54.5
1/11 - 53.9
7/11 - 55.0
10/11 - 53.7
13/11 - 53.5
16/11 - 53.0
24/11 - 52.8
4/12 - 52.4
5/12 - 52.1
12/12 - 50.8 got gasto!
28/12 - 51.4 - after Christmas binge

Im 24, and have so far lost a total of 9.7kgs. I started my journey 1 October 2017 and was prescribed with 30mg to start with to see how i reacted to it. I am usually an overeater and LOVE a good sweet treat.... but have also bee pretty active my whole life, so exercising wasnt a huge issue for me - i was just eating more than was i was burning! I ate pretty strict the first 2 months and cut my calorie intake down to 1200 a day, and stopped all sugary treats (I dont drink alcohol or fizzy drinks anyway!). That paired with the exercise i was doing; walking the dogs every morning, usually running 2-3kms at night and netball twice a week, i was seeing differences almost straight away. I had insomnia for the first 2 nights, and constipation too, but was drinking 3-4L water a day so the constipation went away. I had so much energy (but not jitteriness/shaking) so that motivated me to exercise more! I lost 6kgs within the first month which i was blown away with, and my doctor was really happy with the results.

The second month was pretty similar with the first month but the weightloss slowed down, which was expected as i obviously didn't have much more to lose. The third month i think my body has gotten used to it as i have no excess energy and am sooo tired and ready for bed at night. Over Christmas i had a big binge but was really happy to see the scales hadn't changed much. My doctor then said as i only had a few kilos until my goal weight, we would drop down the 15mgs. So im really hoping i had just cruise through the last 2-3 weeks of my journey and lost the last 1-2kgs and hit my goal weight!! But all in all, it definitely worked for me with minimal side affects. i have never been this confident or happy with myself and am so glad that i was able to have the opportunity to lose the stubborn fat ive always had! Lets just cross fingers that with maintaining my new exercise and meal regime i dont gain the weight back.

Hi! Thank you very much for sharing your story! You are lucky to have such an supportive doctor and I hope that your weight loss will help you become a happy and confident woman! After all, you have all the reasons to be proud with yourself! All the efforts paid off!

Now, you need to concentrate on maintaining the good habits to maintain your shape. All the best to you!

W2: 73.6 kg
Loss of 0.4 kg

I’m a bit disappointed with my loss this week. I was sick early in the week and that upset my system I think. I ate a few too many carbs, didn’t drink enough, not much exercise. But generally I was pretty good and felt I deserved a bigger loss. Oh well, pushing on.

I’m sleeping really well which is great and the appetite suppression definitely works, but I have the constant dry mouth quite badly, some nausea and dizziness which I’m not sure is caused by Duromine or if it’s a virus, and no energy. I will keep an eye on myself. I was really hoping for better results (ie less side effects) after taking a Duromine-free break because in my first round the side effects built up over time, but it may be that my body just doesn’t like it, or that two months wasn’t a long enough break.

Hi Natalie! I am sorry that you were sick, but you can be proud of your results, because these are positive even though you did not feel well. I hope that you feel 100% great soon and will be able to focus on your journey, habits, etc.

As for the side effects… every time you start a new Duromine course, these can be different, and you can get a ton of side effects that you did not have during the previous journey(s). It’s a normal thing and I am sorry that you feel worse this time. At least, your body did not develop tolerance to Duromine action (it can easily happen, as well). Fingers crossed that the effects subside. Have a great new week!

W3: 72.9 kg
Loss this week 0.7 kg

My dry mouth finally improved back to bearable levels, which is great, but I started getting really dry peeling lips instead. Is that a thing? Or did I get them sunburned at the beach? Either way that seems better too now.

The real problem this week was I started to get quite depressed. A bit sad, but mostly just empty. No energy and motivation to do anything or get up from the couch. Felt quite foggy. Some research said this could happen with Duromine especially in later rounds after a break, like I’m doing. The drug Tryptophan was suggested to help but that is not legal/available in Australia (or not without a script anyway). I was seriously thinking about having to give up Duromine but decided to try a change in my diet first. I’ve been eating low carb and that has messed with me a bit in the past. I upped my carbs over the weekend and I feel so much better! Sadness gone, brain fog gone, I feel normal again.

I’m definitely having a harder time this round, slow weight loss and more side effects (which may not all be due to Duromine), but I’ll stick with it for the moment.

Hi April, You are every where in the form can I talk to you

Hey there @KeppMeSkinny02! How is it going?

Hi @smithjohn. You surely can talk to me. I think you already see that I am quite talkative =)

Hi Natalie. I am sorry that you have to struggle a lot this time on Duromine. This is why it is important to do your best and maintain your weight after you finish it… so that you don’t have to get back on it. But, you are soooo conscious of what you give your body for energy – I am truly amazed. You managed to solve the issue of low spirits by simply adding some carbs to your menu. Not many people would think of this solution.

Slow weight loss… admit it, your weight loss was like this all the time, just a tiny bit higher numbers. And now, that you are approaching your goal weight… And… did you up the exercise? Did you add any strength exercises? These can really really help kick start the weight loss. I am not saying that you need to walk around the neighborhood with a 100-kg barbell. =) Here’s an example of strength exercise routine without the weights, which you can do at home.

May be just give it a try… Just please, don’t get discouraged. Your slow and steady results already proved to preserve, even during the holidays. You need to increase the muscle mass. This will help you both lose weight now and maintain it afterwards. Have a great week!