• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Month 1

Quick update: My Doctor gave me 30mg for the next month.

No sleep last night so bit of a loopy day but I managed some walking and pretty healthy eating :)

Ready to hop into bed.
Night night my turtle doves <3

xx

Reactions: Rava
@Louise Kaye - awesome news about the 30mg! I hope the side effects settle quickly in regards to the sleeping situation and that you get in a good nights rest!

This forum truly is a god send for me! The support that you get is amazing! I get to meet like minded people (like you) on the same journey, and its so good just to be able to share your thoughts and feelings and know that you are not alone in what you are experiencing.

Makes those bumps in the road a little easier to navigate!

x

Reactions: Louise Kaye
Meant to post this last night:

Day 22 - week 3 duromine 15mg
Day 1 - 30mg

Had a lovely sleep last night and happy relaxing morning.

Work was a bit stressy, and I ended up staying late which meant a later dinner and very late workout.

Food: a good day
Breakfast: coffees (1 at home with cream, 1 with milk - both no sugar)
Lunch: a little leftover tofu and veg and a yummy salad with avocado and a boiled egg.
Dinner: vegetarian sausages, sauerkraut and steamed veggies
Snacks: small handful of blueberries, apple, mini protein bar

Exercise: a mess but a good effort!
10 x flights of stairs
1.3km walking

Desperate last minute indoor workout:
20 sit-ups,
50 jumping jacks,
10 squats
30 high knees and butt kicks
30 Wall push ups
Aerobic style punches and knees
general flailing :)

I felt quite good after my ad hoc late night work out - it meant I had time to help out more around the house. I’m honestly surprised I got any exercise in after such a big day. I usually feel unsure about late night workouts - but I really couldn’t have fit it in any other time so I’ve decided to just be proud of myself for the effort. I hope it was enough combined with a little bit of walking and stairs.

Not my best week for exercise but could be much worse. Tomorrow onwards I’m going to buckle down and be amazing! (Hopefully not famous last words ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre
Low carb protein bars info:

I’ve been getting quite into low carb protein bars lately as they are a bit of a nice treat that seem very keto diet friendly. They also seem to have gotten much tastier and less chalky lately.

I started to suspect I could be overdoing it but it was hard to find some in-depth information that wasn’t over the top ‘they are the worst!’ (with no research or reasoning) or ‘they are amazing’ (with marketing!).

However I did manage to find the below article which I thought was very informative:
upfitness.com ‘truth about low carb protein bar’ (you may have to search this in google as I’m not allowed to post links yet). Here are some of the major points:

“More and more companies are coming out with what are seemingly 'miracle' protein bars. They are super low carb, boast an impressive amount of protein, and are even delicious. With flavors like chocolate chip cookie dough that taste like you’re eating batter off a spoon, it’s hard to resist ditching “real food” altogether and subsisting off of these bars alone..”

Yep that’s exactly how I’ve been feeling...

“Food manufacturers have come up with a new category of carbs for nutrition labels - 'net carbs'.
...These new protein bars aren’t low in total carbs; they’re low in net carbs. And it’s the net carbs that diet junkies tend to focus on...

How do they achieve such low levels of net carbs? We have isomalto-oligosaccharides (IMO’s) to thank for that... The glucose molecules in IMOs are connected by strong bonds that are not easily broken down in the gut. As such, it is claimed they pass through the intestines unscathed, which is why they don’t cause an insulin spike and don’t contribute much in the form of sugar or carbs...

The only problem is IMOs may not really be as guilt-free as they’ve been made out to be…

...Researchers concluded that IMOs are 83% as digestible as maltose (which is a fully digestible carb) under resting conditions, and 69% as digestible after exercise.

While some IMO does make it to the colon, the majority of IMOs are digested in the small intestine, absorbed, and metabolized. Our bodies are, in fact, able to break the strong IMO bonds, according to this research..”

According to the article the new protein bars also contribute to bloating and cravings.

“The 'addiction' is natural. When we eat sweets, the neurotransmitter serotonin is released, and it makes us feel happy. We begin to associate sweets with happiness, and we begin to crave them. Just like a former smoker shouldn’t take a drag, sugar addicts shouldn’t eat sweets. Even artificially sweetened or low-calorie goodies will open the floodgates.”

Conclusion:

“While these protein bars aren’t “bad” for you in absolute terms, they’re not anywhere near as good for you as real food....

...it’s best to keep your distance. While very helpful in a pinch, “diet foods” can become addicting.”

Last edited:
Rava said:
@Louise Kaye - awesome news about the 30mg! I hope the side effects settle quickly in regards to the sleeping situation and that you get in a good nights rest!

This forum truly is a god send for me! The support that you get is amazing! I get to meet like minded people (like you) on the same journey, and its so good just to be able to share your thoughts and feelings and know that you are not alone in what you are experiencing.

Makes those bumps in the road a little easier to navigate!

x
Thanks @Rava!
I hope you are enjoying your road tripping and your week :)

30mg Day 5 (Sunday)
Duro total day 26

SW: 96.5
CW: 89.2

Happy to say the 30mg has started shifting the number down again!

Just a quick update to keep myself on track. Haven’t posted for a little while about my exercise and eating, but it has been pretty good this week. I did have a few dinner outings that probably overdid the calorie intake. But I stuck to my proportions and ate lots of greens and veggies, and passed up on dessert :)

I have also stayed away from protein bars since my research into them, and instead stuck to unproccessed snack - progress!

Gotta run. Hope everyone is going well!

Reactions: Rava and Dre
Hello Louise Kaye
nice to meet you..

keep up the great work, you are doing so well!
make sure you are drinking plenty of water, it's important while on Duromine.

it's hard isn't it when we go out for dinner etc?
but how satisfying my love, when others around us are pigging out,
and we are waving away the dessert with a smile.. x

hugs
Dre

Louise Kaye said:
Just a quick update to keep myself on track. Haven’t posted for a little while about my exercise and eating, but it has been pretty good this week. I did have a few dinner outings that probably overdid the calorie intake. But I stuck to my proportions and ate lots of greens and veggies, and passed up on dessert :)

I have also stayed away from protein bars since my research into them, and instead stuck to unproccessed snack - progress!

Gotta run. Hope everyone is going well!

@Louise Kaye my trip was fabulous and my Dad was absolutely shocked (he couldn't speak for about 15 mins and had tears running down his face) so it was so worth it! The only bad thing was reception was really crappy with my mobile so wasn't able to log on or download any mail! Got home early last night, so back into routine again.

Congrats on your loss too!

Great research on the protein bars! Thanks so much for that. I might have a look at seeing if there are any recipes around that I can pre make and store because the convenience of them is what makes them attractive.

Hope your week is going well :)

Reactions: Dre and Louise Kaye
How are you going @Louise Kaye ?

My internet has been shocking!!! Telstra are putting the NBN in my area and I havent been able to check the forum this week as regularly as I usually do. I could read a post, then get knocked off internet *sighs*

Hope everything is going great?

Hi All,

SW: 87.55 (26/10/2020)
CW: 83.85
GW: 65kg
Height: 161cm

Day 1 I realised that the hungry feel was really gone, I had to remind myself to eat. Usually I would rely on my body to tell me when I was hungry and they eat from there. I made sure that everything I ate was within my calorie limit and counted my calories every moment for the first week. It really was an eye opener for me to see how much calories some foods had. It also took me a while to get used to the burst of energy that I had. I never found exercise any fun and I didn't want to lose the motivation, so I used my energy to keep my house clean and keep up with the kids, I found if I didn't use my energy I would be up until 1am some nights. Which isn't too bad for me.

I think I've gotten lucky when it comes to the 'bad' side effects. Dry mouth was an issue that I dealt with heavily on the first week. It definitely reminded me to drink water throughout the whole day and I was doing toilet runs every couple of hours. It usually subsides by the afternoon and it's not as bad. I chew on gum to help reduce it, which has helped.

I can say that with Duromine, it's really forced me to give every food that is about to go into my body a second thought. I have been trying to make healthier decisions as much as can control. However when it comes to parties I have no control of what food there is. I had to will my self-control for these moments and I didn't get it right every time. Sometimes I would get a nibble of food I know isn't good for me. However with these bad days I continued to push through and get back to health eating habits.

I initially weighed myself everyday obsessed with the number on the scale. I've learnt not to do that because it is constantly fluctuating. I've been weighing myself weekly for my own sanity and reminding myself that any progress down is still good progress.

About to head in to the doctors in a weeks time to get myself checked and continue my progress!

Hello, dear @Gandalf :sun:
Thank you so much for your story!
I know how difficult is to stay on track when you have parties :joy: But healthy eating is not a temporary solution, this daily routine should become your new lifestyle. It is very important because when you stop eating healthy, you will gain the weight back.
I am happy to hear that you have found a good solution for your side effects!
I wish you a successful weight loss journey! :heart:

Reactions: Gandalf
Gandalf said:
Hi All,

SW: 87.55 (26/10/2020)
CW: 83.85
GW: 65kg
Height: 161cm

Day 1 I realised that the hungry feel was really gone, I had to remind myself to eat. Usually I would rely on my body to tell me when I was hungry and they eat from there. I made sure that everything I ate was within my calorie limit and counted my calories every moment for the first week. It really was an eye opener for me to see how much calories some foods had. It also took me a while to get used to the burst of energy that I had. I never found exercise any fun and I didn't want to lose the motivation, so I used my energy to keep my house clean and keep up with the kids, I found if I didn't use my energy I would be up until 1am some nights. Which isn't too bad for me.

I think I've gotten lucky when it comes to the 'bad' side effects. Dry mouth was an issue that I dealt with heavily on the first week. It definitely reminded me to drink water throughout the whole day and I was doing toilet runs every couple of hours. It usually subsides by the afternoon and it's not as bad. I chew on gum to help reduce it, which has helped.

I can say that with Duromine, it's really forced me to give every food that is about to go into my body a second thought. I have been trying to make healthier decisions as much as can control. However when it comes to parties I have no control of what food there is. I had to will my self-control for these moments and I didn't get it right every time. Sometimes I would get a nibble of food I know isn't good for me. However with these bad days I continued to push through and get back to health eating habits.

I initially weighed myself everyday obsessed with the number on the scale. I've learnt not to do that because it is constantly fluctuating. I've been weighing myself weekly for my own sanity and reminding myself that any progress down is still good progress.

About to head in to the doctors in a weeks time to get myself checked and continue my progress!
You are right, you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday, it's a common mistake!

@larisafox Thant's right ;) The best solution to check the progress is weekly weigh-in, measurements, and photos. I can see my progress on the photos. even if I lost a few kilos :blush:

Hi @Gandalf :) How are you feeling today? Do you feel any changes?

Lavitabella said:
Hi @Gandalf :) How are you feeling today? Do you feel any changes?
Hi @Lavitabella I've been great. I am reaching my one month mark today. Down to 82.55kgs now. The constant weight loss is keeping me going. I've been keeping myself more active than usual and constantly watching what I eat.

Reactions: SayWhat
Gandalf said:
Hi @Lavitabella I've been great. I am reaching my one month mark today. Down to 82.55kgs now. The constant weight loss is keeping me going. I've been keeping myself more active than usual and constantly watching what I eat.
Happy to hear :blush: keep going!

How was your first month on Duromine? You can share your 1st-month experience here.