• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine & Insomnia

Planor said:
How did everyone go wit their eating habits while on it as well?? I'm doin ok I think but it's only day One, any food ideas or supplements would b helpful??
I'm on optifast intensive so only shakes, non-starchy veg - I've gotten creative with veg (cauliflower, stir-fries, etc); but atm I'm just craving raw carrot n celery.

Do you have sleep problems while on Duromine? Please share your story in this thread.

Hi all,
I’m 34 years old, 1,62m tall and weigh 70kg!
I’m on my 4th day of the 30mg.
I literally can’t fall asleep
I got off Zopiclone a few months ago as I had moved to another country and struggled to adjust (home sick, new environment,etc) so the psychiatrist put me on Zopiclone 7,5mg to help with the anxiety and sleep.I adjusted well and got off the Zopiclone and was sleeping like a baby.
Since I started Duromine, I’m back to the sleeplessness again I’m so depressed right now! I get max 1 hour sleep and that’s it.
The upside is that my energy levels during the day are insane, this morning I did 10km on the treadmill, I’ve never gone beyond 5km in my life!!
Also, I take my pill at 3:30am, drink lots of water, generally eat healthy and I go to the gym 4-5 times a week
But please help me on how I can get my sleep back, I don’t want to take any sleeping pills!!

AfricanQueen said:
Hi all,
I’m 34 years old, 1,62m tall and weigh 70kg!
I’m on my 4th day of the 30mg.
I literally can’t fall asleep
I got off Zopiclone a few months ago as I had moved to another country and struggled to adjust (home sick, new environment,etc) so the psychiatrist put me on Zopiclone 7,5mg to help with the anxiety and sleep.I adjusted well and got off the Zopiclone and was sleeping like a baby.
Since I started Duromine, I’m back to the sleeplessness again I’m so depressed right now! I get max 1 hour sleep and that’s it.
The upside is that my energy levels during the day are insane, this morning I did 10km on the treadmill, I’ve never gone beyond 5km in my life!!
Also, I take my pill at 3:30am, drink lots of water, generally eat healthy and I go to the gym 4-5 times a week
But please help me on how I can get my sleep back, I don’t want to take any sleeping pills!!
Hello, dear @AfricanQueen! As you can find in the discussion above, many Duromine users experience insomnia. Insomnia is a common side effect; Duromine gives a lot of energy while your body is adapting to new processes. Usually, it takes 1 week (or so) for your body to get used to Duromine.

You can ask the pharmacist for sleeping pills for this period of time. They always have something that can be sold over the counter.
You may also be interested in this article: https://nevergiveupteam.com/blog/duromine-side-effects/#insomnia.

If insomnia doesn't go away by week 2, I suggest you stop taking Duromine for 3-4 days and restart its use (high possibility of no insomnia at the restart).

As for now:
- try to walk more before your night sleep
- drink herbal tea before bed
- Air your room before you go sleeping

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dre
Yep 2am can’t get back to sleep… might as well watch squid game on netflix

Erin Shields said:
Yep 2am can’t get back to sleep… might as well watch squid game on netflix
Hi Erin, what Duromine dose do you take?
Sometimes you may have sleep problems during the first days or weeks on Duro. I used to listen to relaxing music before sleep.:innocent:
BTW, did you check this thread? ;)

I’ve been on 15mg of duromine for a couple weeks, yesterday was first day of 30mg. Started with a near miss to the bathroom 🚽 (not sure related). A banana, a coffee and a chicken wrap for dinner. It’s 6.10am here and haven’t been to sleep yet. Been wide awake all night. I found on 15mg I was kinda as I’d describe wired tired. So I’d feel physically exhausted but mentally I’m wide awake. Hopefully I can sleep in the next few days at least once. Hopefully worth it

deehunnibee26 said:
I’ve been on 15mg of duromine for a couple weeks, yesterday was first day of 30mg. Started with a near miss to the bathroom 🚽 (not sure related). A banana, a coffee and a chicken wrap for dinner. It’s 6.10am here and haven’t been to sleep yet. Been wide awake all night. I found on 15mg I was kinda as I’d describe wired tired. So I’d feel physically exhausted but mentally I’m wide awake. Hopefully I can sleep in the next few days at least once. Hopefully worth it
Hello deehunnibee26

welcome to our wonderful Forum :)
this is common so try not to stress about it, your body should get used to the 30ml in time,
however if your still having problems sleeping, you may want to switch back to the 15ml?

make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day,
and exercise helps too, even walking is good, i try and walk as much as possible :p

Banana's are the best! keep that up and i like your chicken wrap idea well done.

oh and duromine is totally worth it, think of it as your Secret weapon!
weight loss is hard enough so we need all the help we can get..

Hugs
Dre

Reactions: StacyB
Bec32 said:
Hi everyone,

I started on Duromine 30mg last week, I only took it for 3 days and went back to my Dr as I was getting an hour or less sleep each night and I was feeling exhausted because of it. My Dr suggested the 30mg may be too strong and gave me a prescription for 15mg instead.

I started the 15mg two days ago and still not sleeping on them either. I take my tablet at 4:30am when my husband gets up for work and I do plenty of exercise during the day.

I feel the 30mg tablets suppressed my appetite better so may choose to go back on to them but I was wondering if my body will eventually get used to taking them and start sleeping again? I can't live 1 hour sleep per night (especially when I have 3 small children to take care of). I literally lay awake all night long, take my tablet at 4:30am then fall asleep about 5am waking up at 6am.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Hi, my first week was awful but now I sleep like normal and still losing weight

Reactions: Dre
Hi there,
I am on Duromine 30. For more than a week, I have been struggling with insomnia. Are there any lifehacks to avoid this side effect? Does anyone experience the same?

Skinnyjay said:
Hi there,
I am on Duromine 30. For more than a week, I have been struggling with insomnia. Are there any lifehacks to avoid this side effect? Does anyone experience the same?
Hello Skinnyjay

your not alone, Insomnia can be a side affect with Duromine use :confused:

first of all make sure you are taking it as early as you can, just after breakfast is a good guide,
make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day, this is important :)
Exercise helps as well, even walking is a great way to exercise!
i'm not a 'gym junkie' so to speak but i find walking is wonderful, and is so good for you.

iv'e had experience in all 3 strengths, it's really important to take Duromine early in your day :p
remember to stay Strong and Positive.

if you need any more advice i'm never far away..

Hugs
Dre

Last edited:
Reactions: StacyB
Dre said:
Hello Skinnyjay

your not alone, Insomnia can be a side affect with Duromine use :confused:

first of all make sure you are taking it as early as you can, just after breakfast is a good guide,
make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day, this is important :)
Exercise helps as well, even walking is a great way to exercise!
i'm not a 'gym junkie' so to speak but i find walking is wonderful, and is so good for you.

iv'e had experience in all 3 strengths, it's really important to take Duromine early in your day :p
remember to stay Strong and Positive.

if you need any more advice i'm never far away..

Hugs
Dre
Oh god, thanks, Dre. I am not a gym lover. I take the capsule at 5 am I read here that most people do it like that. But it still doesn't give me sleep at night. I'm like a zombie every morning. I hope I will survive until the next week haha

Skinnyjay said:
Oh god, thanks, Dre. I am not a gym lover. I take the capsule at 5 am I read here that most people do it like that. But it still doesn't give me sleep at night. I'm like a zombie every morning. I hope I will survive until the next week haha
Hi Skinnyjay

if the Insomnia persists then you may want to look at dropping down to the 15ml?
iv'e been through it before, everyone is different of course,
but it sounds like the 15ml may suit you better ;)

Hugs
Dre