• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Day 5

Hi everyone
A little back story here, I've had 4 babies and since my 1st gained as high as 96kg. At 38 weeks pregnant last year, I gave birth and dropped 10kg exactly so sat at 86kg.
Slowly slowly I have been creating better habits of eating and have lost 16kg already by myself . I recently stopped nursing my 1yo and decided to push this last 10kg .
I know it seems pretty bad but here I am. I'm sure I can maintain once I get to my GW because I've lost 16kg already .

I'm on day 5 and my side effects have been, hot flushes, sleeplessness, and racing heart feeling. I actually feel more wired in my head than physically. I've been sooo lethargic since the day I started but I also have a cold so it might be why.
I havent officially weighed myself but i know I've lost something already because i can see it.
I'm hoping i can lose at least 5kg and then i can work on the last 5 on my own.
Wish me luck
Thanks for reading

Reactions: Meangirl and Rava
Hi Abigail,
Good on you for losing 16kg already !!! Best of luck with your next 5kg goal.

Reactions: Rava
Shellmac said:
Hi Abigail,
Good on you for losing 16kg already !!! Best of luck with your next 5kg goal.

Thankyou :) its been such a long journey I'll be so happy when I get to maintenance

Reactions: Shellmac
Not happy with week 1. Only lost 1kg, the whole point of going on Duromine was to lose it faster seeing as I was already steadily losing 1kg a week o_O
Measurements stayed the same too.
SW:70.6
CW: 69.5
GW: 65
Healthy bmi range is 55-65kg

Abigail Miller said:
Not happy with week 1. Only lost 1kg, the whole point of going on Duromine was to lose it faster seeing as I was already steadily losing 1kg a week o_O
Measurements stayed the same too.
SW:70.6
CW: 69.5
GW: 65
Healthy bmi range is 55-65kg

Hey @Abigail Miller I think you are doing great! and a loss is a loss even if it isn't as much as you like *hugs*. Just think you only wanted to lose 5kg so now you only have your 4kg to go!! Your on your way!

I hope your side effects have settled down some?

Duromine is an appetite suppressant, so if it is working for you in this regard - it's doing its job. As you don't have a great deal to lose, and have already made those changes in regards to eating heathy and exercising - your body won't drop big numbers because it's already used to having food for fuel - if that makes sense?

What is your calorie intake and exercise plan like?

Rava said:
Hey @Abigail Miller I think you are doing great! and a loss is a loss even if it isn't as much as you like *hugs*. Just think you only wanted to lose 5kg so now you only have your 4kg to go!! Your on your way!

I hope your side effects have settled down some?

Duromine is an appetite suppressant, so if it is working for you in this regard - it's doing its job. As you don't have a great deal to lose, and have already made those changes in regards to eating heathy and exercising - your body won't drop big numbers because it's already used to having food for fuel - if that makes sense?

What is your calorie intake and exercise plan like?

Thankyou Rava, 1kg is better than nothing yes. When you put it in that perspective only 4kg to now so thats encouraging.

My side effects have gotten better i sleep fine now, still get hot and sweaty and bit of dizziness when I 1st stand up but thats all.

I would have liked to be more active the last week but usually I walk or jog daily until I've burnt 300 calories (tracked by samsung health) I usually eat 1500 off of duromine and eat the excersise calories so technically ends up being 1200 a day.
So far since being on duromine I average 1000 and have had to force feed myself because the supressant is really doing its job in that regard.

Since I only just stopped breastfeeding I'm still in the painful tender breast stage and excersise is painful. I also have another more embarrassing problem that I'm waiting to clear up lol

I think i wont weigh myself until the end of the month now

@Abigail Miller so glad to hear that your side effects are getting better!

In regards to the dizziness -have you ever had low blood pressure? Might be something you want to check out? You could even head down to your local chemist as most nowadays have a blood pressure machine that they will use on you free of charge.

Make sure you keep hydrated - as dehydration can cause dizziness *hugs*

Dont forget to take your measurements as well hun!

You got this!

Reactions: Abigail Miller
Day 10
I'd hoped that I'd be more energetic but I'm so wiped out the whole 10 days , I've been eating 1200 calories for a while even before duromine and never felt like I was lacking. I still have the dizziness from sitting to standing and I havent had a chance to get my blood pressure checked but I'd say it is that .
I had a really bad head spin today and collapsed in the kitchen my 5yo son got a little scare so I will take a break from duromine and see if I go back to my normal self. I think the dosage is too high

Not super keen about changing dosage as I'm now 68.8kg and my bmi is almost normal for my height. So I can just do the last part without it.

Abigail Miller said:
Hi everyone
A little back story here, I've had 4 babies and since my 1st gained as high as 96kg. At 38 weeks pregnant last year, I gave birth and dropped 10kg exactly so sat at 86kg.
Slowly slowly I have been creating better habits of eating and have lost 16kg already by myself . I recently stopped nursing my 1yo and decided to push this last 10kg .
I know it seems pretty bad but here I am. I'm sure I can maintain once I get to my GW because I've lost 16kg already .

I'm on day 5 and my side effects have been, hot flushes, sleeplessness, and racing heart feeling. I actually feel more wired in my head than physically. I've been sooo lethargic since the day I started but I also have a cold so it might be why.
I havent officially weighed myself but i know I've lost something already because i can see it.
I'm hoping i can lose at least 5kg and then i can work on the last 5 on my own.
Wish me luck
Thanks for reading
i feel exactly the same... im on day 1 and feel so depressed and drained.

Abigail Miller said:
Day 10
I'd hoped that I'd be more energetic but I'm so wiped out the whole 10 days , I've been eating 1200 calories for a while even before duromine and never felt like I was lacking. I still have the dizziness from sitting to standing and I havent had a chance to get my blood pressure checked but I'd say it is that .
I had a really bad head spin today and collapsed in the kitchen my 5yo son got a little scare so I will take a break from duromine and see if I go back to my normal self. I think the dosage is too high

Not super keen about changing dosage as I'm now 68.8kg and my bmi is almost normal for my height. So I can just do the last part without it.

@Abigail Miller - sorry I didn't see this post earlier!

I cant remember what dosage you are on? is it an option for you to go and get a lower dose and see how you go?

The feinting episode would concern me too!!!

Would love to know how you feel today and if things have improved - which I hope they have!

Rava said:
@Abigail Miller - sorry I didn't see this post earlier!

I cant remember what dosage you are on? is it an option for you to go and get a lower dose and see how you go?

The feinting episode would concern me too!!!

Would love to know how you feel today and if things have improved - which I hope they have!

Hi Rava,
Hope your doing well, I am doing ok it's been about 10 days now since I stopped taking Duromine and I still have head spins. I havent gone and seen the doctor yet I dont know if it's related or not but my energy came back and I'm active again. So that's good for me.
I'm still continuing on weight loss without Duromine though

@Abigail Miller please go and get your blood pressure checked *hugs*

I dont know if you have suffered from anaemia (low iron) in the past? but this too can cause the head spins and fogginess.

Have you decided not to have Duromine for now? until you get checked out by your GP?

Rava said:
@Abigail Miller please go and get your blood pressure checked *hugs*

I dont know if you have suffered from anaemia (low iron) in the past? but this too can cause the head spins and fogginess.

Have you decided not to have Duromine for now? until you get checked out by your GP?

I have an appointment booked tomorrow with the doctor . I will ask about lower dose and get to the bottom of the head spins. I've only been anaemic during pregnancy and I am not pregnant (I tested)
Hopefully i can avoid a blood test i hate then so much hence why i delayed this visit for so long lol

How did you go @Abigail Miller ?

Any results as yet?

Rava said:
How did you go @Abigail Miller ?

Any results as yet?

I'm awaiting some blood results. Not keen on the doctor I had , will get a different one when I go back for results.
I had my thyroid , blood sugar and iron tested. Also prescribed me 15mg not sure if i will take it but its there if I want.
Going back Monday , I had low blood pressure but only as I stand up so that's why further blood test to see why my blood pressure is dropping

@Abigail Miller so glad you got your blood pressure and blood work tested!

Hopefully it will point you in the right direction and ease your mind a little *hugs*

Reactions: Abigail Miller
Rava said:
@Abigail Miller so glad you got your blood pressure and blood work tested!

Hopefully it will point you in the right direction and ease your mind a little *hugs*

Thankyou

I have a sneaking suspicion that you might be anaemic.

A very personal question - but is your cycle particularly heavy? The reason why I ask, is that mine was and I was told it actually contributed to my anaemia and low blood pressure.

Just an FYI coffee will help raise your blood pressure if you like coffee :)

Will you let me know the result? @Abigail Miller

Rava said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that you might be anaemic.

A very personal question - but is your cycle particularly heavy? The reason why I ask, is that mine was and I was told it actually contributed to my anaemia and low blood pressure.

Just an FYI coffee will help raise your blood pressure if you like coffee :)

Will you let me know the result? @Abigail Miller

Of course, I will check back in with my results. I havent had a period for maybe 2 or 3 months because of breastfeeding. Before that I was not regular spotting here and there sometimes 2x a cycle
I stopped bf on 1st Nov and it hasnt returned yet

Oh thanks for the tip, dont love coffee though haha

Well, my blood results came back all good, no issues with me except my blood pressure drops when I stand.
Iron, thyroid, kidneys and blood sugar was tested. I did a pg test too so it's not that.
Doc said its harmless as long as those other things are fine so I just have to deal with it.
I'll make a new thread if I come back on the 15mg . It wont be just yet