• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Day 5

Alethea said:
Hey All,

So I'm on day 5 of duromine 30, and I'm finally starting to feel a bit better. The first 3 days were not good - bad headaches, dizzy, no sleep, moody, total lack of energy, feeling extremely nauseous. I was looking forward to having all this energy as a lot of people experience, but not me! Whilst I don't feel so crap now, I certainly don't feel energetic. Does anyone else feel like this? Anyway I'm definitely eating less - approx 900 calories per day. I have already lost 22kg (was 132kg) by myself, but have recently felt a bit stuck at 110kg, hence duromine! Has anyone over the 100kg mark have any advice/experience regarding how much weight they lost on duromine? Thanks, and good luck all!

- Alethea

Hi Alethea! Two weeks on Duromine… how is it going? Hope on hearing from you soon with some great news! Take care and have a great day!

April said:
Hi Alethea! Two weeks on Duromine… how is it going? Hope on hearing from you soon with some great news! Take care and have a great day!

Well this is a very late response to your message! I am currently not taking duromine anymore, my doctor essentially told me that he would keep giving me a prescription for duromine until I reach my goal weight, however long that takes (within reason). However, I decided to stop taking duromine after 2 months as a result of the side effects. I was constantly lethargic, dizzy, nauseous, and my mental health went down hill. Whilst I did loose some weight taking duromine (nothing extreme unfortunately), I do not feel that it was a healthy means of doing so (personally, as a result of the side effects). Also, as I have previously mentioned, I did loose a fair amount of weight before taking duromine by exercising, eating better, and becoming vegan. Because of this, I made the decision that the negatives outweighed the benefits of duromine, I ceased taking duromine, and instead worked harder to achieve my goal weight by simply exercising more, eating better, living a more active lifestyle, etc.

That brings me to now! I am currently weighing in at 89kg. Before starting my weight loss journey, I weighed in at 132kg (so I have lost 43kg all together), and when I started taking duromine I weighed in at 110kg (loss of 21 kg since then, approximately 8kg whilst taking duromine for 2 months). I pretty stoked to be honest - its been flippin difficult, and my hate for exercise has still not changed unfortunately! However, I have around 15kg to go before I am at my goal weight, and I am more motivated than ever to keep being active and healthy.

Whilst duromine was not a great means of weight loss for me personally, I wouldn't discourage anyone who has tried other alternative and is struggling to loose weight to give it a try!

That is a great story! Duromine wasn't for you but you pushed on without it. I'm really glad for you and I'm sure you can get to your goal weight. Just keep going!

Now that is a comeback! WOW Alethea! You are amazing! I am sorry though that your experience with Duromine wasn’t as pleasant as you were expecting. Though, of course, I am glad you pushed it through the plateau on 110 kg and now are in a totally different league, on your own, thanks to your own willpower… 43 kg lost! How did you do it? Are you on some special weight loss diet? And the exercises… you are a true fighter – you hate them, yet every time you do your job. You are so close to your goal weight now. I don’t have a slightest doubt that you will reach your goal. I am sure that your acquaintances stopped recognizing you, if you didn’t see each other for a long time. =)) If you ever have the time and desire to become an inspiration to all people out there who are trying to lose weight, I would really appreciate you posting your story and some notes about what you did and ate.. may be a couple of photos (it’s my personal favorite thing, these before and after photos that make you wow every time). if no photos, then no photos. No matter what, you already are an inspiration to not give up and you are BRAVO!!! All the best to you on your further way to a healthy weight!

Hey everyone! My name's Danielle and i'm brand new on Duromine - currently day 5.
A bit about me: in the last year, I've gained over 10kg after coming off antidepressants (about 3 years worth). My natural fluctuating weight before antidepressants was around 55-58kg. I suffered terrible, terrible side effects from the medication, so decided to try to learn how to manage anxiety in other ways. The anxiety is much better, and under control, however my body has had other ideas. I'm a typical emotional-eater, so this has definitely accounted for most of the weight gain.. and as we all know, weight gain is not great for mental health or self esteem... so it's been a vicious cycle (fun.. not).
I'm getting better and better at making healthy decisions and creating better habits, but at my doctors recommendation, I've decided to try Duromine to help speed up the process a bit!
Currently i'm 5 days in, but not feeling too much difference? I'm not experiencing any of the common side effects aside from the cotton-mouth (I already drink 3-5L of water daily, so it's not been that bad).
I'm on 15mg daily and take it around 7am every morning.
I'm also exercising 5-6 days a week for around 45mins... and i'm no less hungrier than usual!
Hoping that i'll start to feel the difference soon, and start seeing some changes :)

Feel free to comment and say hi if you've had a similar experience!
Would love to hear from some fellow weight-warriors :)

Welcome to the forum, Danielle! Wish you a very successful weight loss journey and further improvement in your approach to food. Emotional eating is a difficult thing to fight, but hopefully, when Duromine starts working (or you switch to higher dose), it will be a lot easier for you to cope with it. Looking forward to your success story of weight loss. Cheers

Daniellejessie88 said:
Hey everyone! My name's Danielle and i'm brand new on Duromine - currently day 5.
A bit about me: in the last year, I've gained over 10kg after coming off antidepressants (about 3 years worth). My natural fluctuating weight before antidepressants was around 55-58kg. I suffered terrible, terrible side effects from the medication, so decided to try to learn how to manage anxiety in other ways. The anxiety is much better, and under control, however my body has had other ideas. I'm a typical emotional-eater, so this has definitely accounted for most of the weight gain.. and as we all know, weight gain is not great for mental health or self esteem... so it's been a vicious cycle (fun.. not).
I'm getting better and better at making healthy decisions and creating better habits, but at my doctors recommendation, I've decided to try Duromine to help speed up the process a bit!
Currently i'm 5 days in, but not feeling too much difference? I'm not experiencing any of the common side effects aside from the cotton-mouth (I already drink 3-5L of water daily, so it's not been that bad).
I'm on 15mg daily and take it around 7am every morning.
I'm also exercising 5-6 days a week for around 45mins... and i'm no less hungrier than usual!
Hoping that i'll start to feel the difference soon, and start seeing some changes :)

Feel free to comment and say hi if you've had a similar experience!
Would love to hear from some fellow weight-warriors :)

Hi there! I'm on day 5 today (30 mg)

I'm also not feeling any side effects minus a slightly smaller appetite. Although I am 125kgs and needing to lose around 50kgs total. I'm thinking maybe I need a higher dose?

Sammy22 said:

I'm also not feeling any side effects minus a slightly smaller appetite. Although I am 125kgs and needing to lose around 50kgs total. I'm thinking maybe I need a higher dose?

Hi! Welcome to the forum! You should discuss this possibility with your doctor. Best of luck!

April said:
Hi! Welcome to the forum! You should discuss this possibility with your doctor. Best of luck!

Thank you! ☺️

Sammy22 said:

Hi Sammy22 :)
Congrats on deciding to make a change!
I've read so many different peoples stories and experiences with Duromine - it's crazy how it effects us all SO differently.
I guess day 5 is still early days yet :) i'm planning on just seeing how it goes for at least a couple of weeks, and then checking in with my Dr. after that. I'm hesitant to increase the dose as I've heard that the side effects are stronger? although I guess it depends on the person. Let me know how you get on with the 30mg! xx

Danielle, hi! How are you doing? May this week bring you even closer to your goal weight! Cheers

Hi, I'm so excited to be here. I started Duromine 15mg on Friday. I'm now on Day 5 and lost a kilo.

I didn't even realise I was obese until I started my backpacking journey around the world in 2015 with a dentistry stopover in Bangkok. When the nurse took my height and weight measurements and told me I was 89kg I went into shock. I've always hovered around 65kg my whole life and although I knew I had packed on some beef I hadn't realised just how overweight I was until that moment.

I did end up losing 13kgs on a strict very low carb diet over 2 months whilst we were just chilling out in South America before getting married in USA, I did get down to 76kgs for our elopement in Miami but the weight has crept back on since coming back to Australia from our trip in 2016 and getting back to the reality of work, bills, and life pressures.

I've been trying to do the low carb diet again but found myself ruining all the hard work done in the day with wine in the evenings and then the carb bingeing that came with drinking too much wine.

I found out about Duromine one night googling when I couldn't sleep and came across this forum. I spoke to my doctor about it. She wasn't keen on giving it to me at all. After explaining that I was seeing a dietitian and a physiotherapist and that I just felt hungry ALL of the time she did agree to prescribe 15mg for one month only.

I'm on Day 5 and to be honest I can't believe how good it is. I'm not hungry. I'm still eating three meals a day, but much smaller meals and very few snacks, if any snacks at all. It's working! I'm so excited about the next month and I'm sure my doctor will prescribe a further month when she sees progress finally taking place.

Duromine really is the kickstart that I needed. Being an emotional eater, the more my weight made me feel down the more I would self soothe with snacks, eating without even realising how much food I was putting into myself

Thanks for all of the information this forum provided to me over my sleepless nights over the past few months. Thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences here. There is a lot of misinformation out there about Duromine. It's so good to get real insight from real people using Duromine on this forum.

Reactions: Magie
Oh wow! What a lovely message! Crossing my fingers and all parts of the body that can be crossed for your success! Looking forward to your updates. Cheers

Reactions: Sylvia
Good luck Sylvia! Look forward to hearing about your progress. I’m on day 4. :)

Reactions: April
Day 5 here fit me tooand going ok. I hear exactly what you are saying about the snacks, I just don’t feel like them anymore and I was a big snacker (chips, choc, bread, biscuits....mmmm lol) My doctor was a bit different, when I said I was hungry all the time she had no hesitation letting me try, only the 15mg to start then review with her after 4 weeks, if an improvement and blood pressure and heart rate all looking ok she will up me to 30mg if I want...slowly slowly...at this stage I’m thinking why not as no side effects so far...great to have someone else at the same time on their change to watch...good luck

Time to try said:
Day 5 here fit me tooand going ok. I hear exactly what you are saying about the snacks, I just don’t feel like them anymore and I was a big snacker (chips, choc, bread, biscuits....mmmm lol) My doctor was a bit different, when I said I was hungry all the time she had no hesitation letting me try, only the 15mg to start then review with her after 4 weeks, if an improvement and blood pressure and heart rate all looking ok she will up me to 30mg if I want...slowly slowly...at this stage I’m thinking why not as no side effects so far...great to have someone else at the same time on their change to watch...good luck

Welcome to the forum and all the best wishes to you on your journey! Enjoy the positive changes!

SW - 84.1kg
CW - 80.5kg
Height - 167cm
Goal - 67kg
I've just hit the halfway mark for the month. I've lost 3.6kgs in 2 weeks. I'm feeling fabulous. I'm no longer snacking and I'm preparing my food ahead of time. And I'm NOT DRINKING! This is a big thing for me! I usually can't go a night without wine.

How are you going Maggie? You started the same time as me.

Sylvia said:
SW - 84.1kg
CW - 80.5kg
Height - 167cm
Goal - 67kg
I've just hit the halfway mark for the month. I've lost 3.6kgs in 2 weeks. I'm feeling fabulous. I'm no longer snacking and I'm preparing my food ahead of time. And I'm NOT DRINKING! This is a big thing for me! I usually can't go a night without wine.

How are you going Maggie? You started the same time as me.

Oh wow! Congratulations on the great result! So happy that you managed to make this HUGE change! You should be proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!

Reactions: Sylvia
April said:
Oh wow! Congratulations on the great result! So happy that you managed to make this HUGE change! You should be proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!
Thanks April, if it wasn't for this forum I would not be making this progress. Thanks to all of you guys for your words of encouragement and work that you do behind the scenes.