• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Day 2

Hello @Millsy95 and @Kenna. Welcome to the forum and I wish you a successful weight loss journey!

SW 84kgs approx
GW 65kgs

Thought I would start a thread which would help me document my month on Duromine so I can look back and assess when it’s time to go back to the Dr - Day 2 and I feel I could probably tolerate 30mg.

I’m on day 2 and I’m feeling great. I no longer have the feeling of wanting to snack. I didn’t even have my morning tea today (and work was extremely busy so no time to stop).

I am moderatively active - gym 3 times a week and netball twice a week. I’m hoping to squeeze in an extra gym session on weekends. I am also interested (but extremely nervous) in attending yoga / Pilates as I have never tried it before and apparently it is great for your body.

Breakfast is: up and go
Morning tea: some fruit or plain Greek yoghurt
Lunch: quiche and sweet potato and sometimes I treat myself to an almond cap
Dinner: depends- protein and salad/vegetables or spaghetti (lean mince and I add heaps of vege)

Hi,

So good your feeling great on day 2!

I am on day 1, took it at 5:30am this morning (15mg) - went to the gym, but still feel extremely hungry and exhausted. I didn't have the best sleep last night anyways, but do feel more lethargic than usual.

Did you experience this on your first day as well, or did you notice a difference as soon as you took it?

Thanks!

Reactions: April
Taz said:
Hi,

So good your feeling great on day 2!

I am on day 1, took it at 5:30am this morning (15mg) - went to the gym, but still feel extremely hungry and exhausted. I didn't have the best sleep last night anyways, but do feel more lethargic than usual.

Did you experience this on your first day as well, or did you notice a difference as soon as you took it?

Thanks!
I felt the difference the first day but my only side effect was a dry mouth (on 15mg)

I’m on 30mg now after a week on 15mg and see a few changes, my mood being one (everything at work seems to be not working or breaking down plus short of staff) so I’m not sure if it’s me or the pills lol.

My eating habits have changed and I eat smaller meals, still suffer from a dry mouth, more alert but feel like I’m becoming irritated easily (only at work)

The first day was pretty normal, I was still hungry as per normal. Come my normal bedtime I wasnt tired and the first 3-4 days I slept badly. By day 4-5 I was sleeping better and my appetite had definitely decreased. I got tingling on my face and arms while running on day 3 (prior to that I found I was extra hot while walking but not too bad) it was a lot like the effect of a pre-workout supplement if you've ever tried that.

Lottie86 said:
I felt the difference the first day but my only side effect was a dry mouth (on 15mg)

I’m on 30mg now after a week on 15mg and see a few changes, my mood being one (everything at work seems to be not working or breaking down plus short of staff) so I’m not sure if it’s me or the pills lol.

My eating habits have changed and I eat smaller meals, still suffer from a dry mouth, more alert but feel like I’m becoming irritated easily (only at work)
Thank you for your feedback - so interesting to see how it affects everybody differently.

I feel no changes at all today unfortunately, so not sure if the 15mg is too low for me, but have a check up with the doc in a week so will confirm then if I can start on 30mg.

I have heard the pills do give you a bit of a short fuse, but I'm sure being short staffed isn't helping, probably a mix of both haha

Reactions: Lottie86
Plucky said:
The first day was pretty normal, I was still hungry as per normal. Come my normal bedtime I wasnt tired and the first 3-4 days I slept badly. By day 4-5 I was sleeping better and my appetite had definitely decreased. I got tingling on my face and arms while running on day 3 (prior to that I found I was extra hot while walking but not too bad) it was a lot like the effect of a pre-workout supplement if you've ever tried that.

I feel the exact same on my first day, still very hungry and have not been able to eat smaller meals yet. I guess I will see how I go sleeping tonight. I have tried pre workout, so was expecting something similar but just did not seem to hit me.

Great your sleeping has become a lot better though!

Just confirming, short staffed and the cold season doesn’t help on this pill lol

Hey all on this thread! Love your communication and mutual support! Wish you all a VERY VERY successful weight loss journey! Keep up the great work!

Dobcat said:
SW 84kgs approx
GW 65kgs

Thought I would start a thread which would help me document my month on Duromine so I can look back and assess when it’s time to go back to the Dr - Day 2 and I feel I could probably tolerate 30mg.

I’m on day 2 and I’m feeling great. I no longer have the feeling of wanting to snack. I didn’t even have my morning tea today (and work was extremely busy so no time to stop).

I am moderatively active - gym 3 times a week and netball twice a week. I’m hoping to squeeze in an extra gym session on weekends. I am also interested (but extremely nervous) in attending yoga / Pilates as I have never tried it before and apparently it is great for your body.

Breakfast is: up and go
Morning tea: some fruit or plain Greek yoghurt
Lunch: quiche and sweet potato and sometimes I treat myself to an almond cap
Dinner: depends- protein and salad/vegetables or spaghetti (lean mince and I add heaps of vege)
I hope you are still doing well on your journey.
I noticed that you expressed that your are nervous to start pilates or yoga? Have you started?
I love pilates and do it at least twice a week. It has strengthened my core and even if I was unable to do it for a few weeks, I have enough muscle memory to pick up quickly where I left off. What I like it that one can start at the level you are at and build strenth gradually,

Reactions: April
Hi all! Great to find this forum.

I’m a 33 year old Mom of 1, happily married for 9 years. Husband has been a fantastic support, no matter my size. Last year I had some anxiety issues and after going for a third opinion on the cause the GP ordered Thyroid tests. I have hashimoto's thyroiditis and have been treating it since last year August. I was of the opinion that by correcting this my piled on weight would melt off. No such bloody luck. 2 years ago I managed to get down to 79 kg, but it took so much out of me ( it took 4 months to drop 12 kg and I cut out meat and most carbs) and I landed up piling it all back. My knees and lower back have been giving me issues and after a chance consultation with my GP she suggested Duromine and Xenical. When we consulted I weighed 92KG, which was 2 weeks ago. I have been waking up earlier to walk on the treadmill and we have been really good with take outs. We went from having take outs 2-3 times a week (maybe more) to only 3 times in the last month. I feel great that I have dropped a bit before starting on the Duromine. I stared yesterday and was a little nervous on how I would respond. I am pleased to say that I managed to clean my house in record time, but less pleased that I didn’t sleep as deeply as I usually do and even my husband’s breathing woke me up a few times.

My body has taken a bit of a beating this year, aside from the Hypothyroidism, I am currently taking Oratane for my skin as well.

I look forward to any advice that you can give and being part of this community.

XoXo

Rox

Hi @Roxanne and welcome :)

Glad you managed to find the forums as they are just wonderful! Have so much good information here after nearly 6 weeks I am still reading through :)

Sounds like you have started off great! and its so good that your husband is supporting you along your journey - for sure will make things a lot easier for you.

The sleeping is a pain - I think for me it was around day 6 that I actually got in a good nights sleep! That being said I am still suffering from insomnia so what I generally do is if I go for less than 8 - 10 hours sleep over 2 days, I get an OTC sleeping aid and have it on the 3rd night. Seems to work for me and I feel as though I am in some type of routine this way :)

The other great advice I have received is having Epsom Salt baths - apart from soothing your sore muscles from your exercising it has the added benefit of relaxing the whole body :). It was also recommended to add some "sleepy time" essential oils, or even lavender oil to the salts as well :)

Looking forward in seeing how you go on your journey!

Reactions: April and Dre
Rava my darling!
you really are a shining light on this forum at the moment..

we have so many Vampires (scammers) here, sucking the blood out of innocents!
that when i see someone like yourself,
helping people where you can, it fills my heart..

you might find yourself a 'Slayer' if your not careful darling xx

hugs
Dre

Reactions: Rava and April
Thanks Rava,
I am really looking forward to this. Almost feels like a new beginning.

Reactions: Rava
Roxanne said:
Thanks Rava,
I am really looking forward to this. Almost feels like a new beginning.
@Roxanne you know what? It definitely is!

I took this time to really listen to my body, to try and not do what I have done in the past and just to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I used to really berate myself if I slipped up when trying to lose weight, and I believe it is one of the most negative things I really did do, to myself. Now and with the help of these forums and its members I acknowledge my slip up and just keep moving forward *hugs*

Reactions: April and Dre
Hi there, I'm new to Duromine and am concerned it's not working! I've had 2 pills (30mg) both about 6am each morning. So far no real side affects apart from a slight headache and poor sleep. My main concern and what has me worried is I'm really hungry. I've had 3 meals today and yesterday and feel no suppression of appetite and I'm terrified to eat more incase it doesn't work. My husband is very supportive and tells me to relax and stop stressing and that it'll work. So desperate for it to get me on track and losing weight. Anyone else experience similar??

Hi Cal, welcome!

How is everything going now? Everybody has different experiences with Duromine, but I am surprised that your appetite hasn’t been suppressed at all. The lack of sleep and headaches suggest to me that it’s working on some level, but perhaps give it a week from your first tablet. If your appetite still isn’t suppressed at all, I would suggest seeing your doctor about getting a script for the 40 mg.

I guess the only other things I can suggest (basically playing devils advocate, seeing as I know nothing about your diet or eating habit) is:
  • make sure that you are drinking HEAPS of water. That age old issue of thinking you’re hungry when in fact you are thirsty. You will also need to increase water when taking Duromine, so if you weren’t quite drinking enough before, you definitely won’t be drinking enough now.
  • Are you actually feeling hungry? Sometimes when we are used to eating a lot, or even at certain times of the day or in particular situations, we crave foods out of habit rather than need.
Those two points might not have any bearing on your situation though - I have no information to go by, but just a thought.

Wishing you all the best, and please let us know how you go! Xx

Thanks for the reply BamBam. It's day 5 today. I'm still hungry but if I'm being totally honest I suppose I'm not as hungry as I'd usually be so maybe they are working. I'm drinking lots although not thirsty and sleeping much better. No headaches either. I'm going to give it till Thursday, 1 week, and if I don't see any more change I'll go back to my GP. Maybe I'll need the 40mg. I just got the impression from friends who have used these before that avoiding food wouldn't be hard and that I'd have so much energy I'd be going non stop. This week has been a struggle so far but I'm not giving up. Worse case I'll get the stronger dose. Either way...this weight is going!!

Ha! Probably my thread title is not as clever as I think, but it definitely put a smile on my face :)

So this is the start of my new journey on Duromine. If you need to read where I was before please see my old thread "Day by Day" here:

New Stats:
My Old Starting Weight: 89kg
My Current Weight: 82kg
My New Goal Weight: 75kg (or under)

Focus on the positives ACHIEVED EACH day, and reap the benefits of a healthy body and mind.

So, as usual when I plan something within an inch of its outcome, there will be something to throw me off my game and make me readjust. Just like I was planning on starting Duromine today. Utter fail!

It's all good :). We had quite a late one last night with my daughters 18th and my Mum and Dad flying down from Exmouth as a surprise (last minute!) and of course they had to stay with us. No car whilst they are here, and unbeknown to me my Mum made arrangements to have doctors and dental appointments (one which requires her being knocked out) so I have been playing chauffeur and nurse all day and tomorrow too!!

They are leaving on Wednesday morning, so that will be my new start date.

Diet: We are eating completely Keto from today and because of how we have slowly integrated it, it doesn't feel like a struggle at all. Surprisingly enough, over the past couple of weeks I have been worried about calories and yet even with my (good) fat intake so very much higher my calories are more or less right on 1000 and I am losing weight little by little.

Sugar is still a complete "not even having it" and I have to admit that the taste of my coffee is so much better. I am also down to 2 or 3 a day, and coming from a caffeine addict this is huge!

As per my old thread I will update the day after as this gives me motivation for the day.

I hope everyone is having a great start to their week! and will post more tomorrow :)

Reactions: Gab75
Heeey! Congrats on the new thread and a new beginning! Love the title ;)
Sounds like you got it all under control, even if with a small delay, you're still working towards your goal. Fantastic as always!
Great days and a great Wednesday Duro start!

Reactions: Rava