• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Duromine Day 2

Hmm, best not go there. In the meantime let me know if I can help you with anything. I'm good in the kitchen too, so might have some useful tips, you never know. I was looking for a book I read (for you) but can't find it. Will keep at it a little longer.

I always am interested to know what others have for their meals so I can have a variety to mix and match. Which means that I don't have to eat the same food every day. Unlike you, I don't cook that often so I am on the lookout on meals that are easy to prepare and doesn't require expensive ingredients.

Hi! I presume these msgs are not private.. Just called into the GP's, one receptionist used them with fantastic results, the other had the same as me, no effect, but I'll give them 2 weeks.

Regards food. I almost never buy anything pre prepared so I always know what's in my food. I don't believe diets work and though I never thought it could happen to me, after years of yo-yo dieting, and trying el very fad and shake on the planet, I can finally be like normal people and eat what I want while maintaining my weight. When I say eat what I want, that's usually pretty healthy stuff anyway and what I ate yesterday is not unusual. I rarely eat junk, cakes, sweets, pastries, biscuits but if I want a scoop of chocolate ice cream I will have it - self denial only leads to cravings in my experience. I gave up all the diet spreads and if I want butter, I have it. On occasion I'll have rice and rather than weigh and measure I know small ramekin of cooked rice is around 150 kcals - no fussing! Again, easy to double up otherwise.
Although I don't eat greedy portions piled up high, exercise makes me hungry, as does often waiting way beyond when I am hungry in order to eat with my husband, so I do try and watch my portions as it's easy to double the protein without realising. I also don't own a deep fat dryer, bread maker or ice cream maker!

Years ago, Slimming Magazine used to do a "thin twin" segment, taking a traditional recipe and substituting with a healthier option, and I continue to invent them at home, eg Thai curry (NO coconut milk), chicken tikka, burgers, etc. One of my quick, filling meals is to roast peppers, onions and garlic and make a wrap with chicken, lite sour cream and chilli sauce. These thin wraps make excellent seafood pizza bases and are very filling, especially wholemeal. If friends are having pre dinner snacks, I'll roll up a mountain bread, toast it and rub it with garlic, butter optional - maybe 100 Cals max, way less than their crisps, nuts and dips, although I make my own dips! And I make a great low calorie hummus, far nicer than the shop variety. I don't count calories these days but still like to be aware of what is in stuff. So many options, especially soup in winter .......

Reactions: April
Kaystrong said:
Years ago, Slimming Magazine used to do a "thin twin" segment, taking a traditional recipe and substituting with a healthier option, and I continue to invent them at home, eg Thai curry (NO coconut milk), chicken tikka, burgers, etc. One of my quick, filling meals is to roast peppers, onions and garlic and make a wrap with chicken, lite sour cream and chilli sauce. These thin wraps make excellent seafood pizza bases and are very filling, especially wholemeal. If friends are having pre dinner snacks, I'll roll up a mountain bread, toast it and rub it with garlic, butter optional - maybe 100 Cals max, way less than their crisps, nuts and dips, although I make my own dips! And I make a great low calorie hummus, far nicer than the shop variety. I don't count calories these days but still like to be aware of what is in stuff. So many options, especially soup in winter .......

Wowww just by reading it makes me feel hungry!!! Thank you so much Kay, I would definitely try the wrap meals. I could buy in bulk and prepare them way ahead. You have given me a really great suggestion on what I can eat.

oh yeah, we could PM too if you like :)

With all the forum changes, I missed saying hi to you Kaystrong. But I see you already have a support team =)) Did Duromine start working? How do you feel today? It might need some time to kick in with its appetite suppression. However, it can still make you hungry when it’s time to eat, yet help you feel full from smaller amount of meals. You see, appetite suppression is not its single effect. It also provides a certain metabolism boost, which might be the reason for increased hunger… I don’t know… I really hope that you will get the effect as soon as possible

Hello DAZZAAR68. Welcome to the forum! It is so inspiring to see someone with a serious health problem, who is fighting his way through difficulties towards a healthy weight and better body condition. I am sorry for your current condition and inability to exercise the way you would like to. However, it is good if you keep doing those exercises that you are capable of doing.

As for the nutrition… MyFitnessPal is a great aid to keep the track of your nutrition. May be someone else advises anything else. General recommendations for the nutrition are 3 small main meals and 2-3 healthy snacks. Increase hydration and make sure that you consume healthy foods that provide you with all the necessary substances, including proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, minerals.

We do have quite a lot of guys here who lose weight, even now, however, they are all over the place. Yes, we do have a sub-category ‘Men’s corner’, yet our men either do not notice it or simply wish to hang out with the girls. =)) Just kidding. Right now, we have a couple of very inspiring male stories: Rob84, Cragglerock70, Juzzy. Guys, If I forgot to mention someone, please, forgive me and you are very welcome to give your support to our new male user, who is ready for a good life change!

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Hmm, OK, I sort of get that. It's 5.30 am, I'm awake and hungry.. I wish the metabolism boost would go elsewhere! I swam yesterday but only managed 20 minutes when I usually do an hour. I struggled. I have to admit the reason I agreed to take it was dreams of all the energy people talk about. To be more tired has been so disappointing. Now I'm wondering should I keep at it...or take 4 days off as suggested, or decide it's not for me!

Thanks April... I'll check these out...

Well, before you decide it’s not for you, you can take the 4 days off-restart option, why not? Many people report of tiredness instead of energy boost. Don’t give up this fast! Fingers crossed it works

Kaystrong said:
Hmm, OK, I sort of get that. It's 5.30 am, I'm awake and hungry.. I wish the metabolism boost would go elsewhere! I swam yesterday but only managed 20 minutes when I usually do an hour. I struggled. I have to admit the reason I agreed to take it was dreams of all the energy people talk about. To be more tired has been so disappointing. Now I'm wondering should I keep at it...or take 4 days off as suggested, or decide it's not for me!

I had the same issue with lack of energy and lethargic. I am also still hungry. I do think you should eat a bigger breakfast to keep you full for longer. I have oats with water, natural yoghurt, blueberries and honey. You don’t want to reduce food too much, or you will put weight back on again after you stop. I keep thinking, is it working? But it is because my portions are smaller but still consistently eating like 3 meals and two snacks a day. I’ve been on it for 1 month and I’ve lost 4.5kg, and do two strength training sessions a week and walking. I could definitely up my cardio, but at the moment this is working, and then when I’m off Duromine I plan to use exercise to assist with maintaining/losing a couple more kilos. Stick with it, at least for a month!

Hi, Kaystrong. How is it going? Any changes for better?

Hey mate , i started today after procrastining with the script for 2 months but finally decided to take the plunge after slowly dropping 4 kg over the last 4 weeks on my own. new to this forum as well and noticed not many of us guys on here...or just not sharing anyway ( i know right..who would believe that!!)

Good luck and keep the updates coming, ill do the same when i fully work out how to drive this

DAZZAAR68 said:
Thanks April... I'll check these out...

Hi DAZZAAR68! Are you still going? A bit over two weeks, seems to me. How do you feel? Did Duromine help you change your eating?

Hey All.
So just over a month into this journey and what a Roller Coast ride...
Finding it hard at times, been on and off the Duromine as it is causing lack of sleep or even just relaxation without feeling like getting up for a run... (even though that is Impossible).

I've lost a bit of weight (2 x notches on my belt) and I am not feeling bloated anymore, or feeling that my stomach is trying to push out through my rib cage. So much more comfortable for sitting in a Wheelchair all day.

My intake of meals is getting better portion sizes are getting steady.
I have good days and some bad but, all in all taking one step at a time... lol

Cheers
DAZZAAR68 ...

jase said:
Hey mate , i started today after procrastining with the script for 2 months but finally decided to take the plunge after slowly dropping 4 kg over the last 4 weeks on my own. new to this forum as well and noticed not many of us guys on here...or just not sharing anyway ( i know right..who would believe that!!)

Good luck and keep the updates coming, ill do the same when i fully work out how to drive this

Thanks Jase,
Sorry for the late reply, How are you doin'?
Hope thing are moving' along for you also.

Cheers
DAZZAAR68;)

Wooow! Great news! You are so BRAVO! I am so happy that you feel so much better now! Happy that you are working on conscious eating and portion control. This will certainly help you maintain and improve your result once you’re off Duromine. =) How long are you planning to stay on Duromine?

I’m thinking I’ll stay on it probably another 3 months and see where I’m at then.

Please, take a break between month 3 and 4, or 2 and 3-4. You definitely do not need Duromine dependence, so please follow the recommendations for use. Hope that you're doing really well!

Thanks, I have discussed this with my Doctor and I will keep this in mind.

Hi,

I just started taking Duromine and wanted to share my experience with those who are also taking 30mg duromine on their weight loss journey!

I started yesterday and have had no bad side effect apart from being a bit sweatier than usual.
I lost 1kg my first day. I’m interested to see if I’ve lost any today or whether I just fluctuated that day. I wanted to be realistic on this drug as I don’t want to gain back my weight lost if I went full obsessed with exercising and not eating properly.
I’m just trying to complete 8- 10K steps on my fitbit a day and eat a healthy diet no junk foods.
I’m wanting to lose weight after I went from 70-90kg after taking antidepressant cymbalta. I weened off of it AWFUL never go on that drug! Then I decided to be healthy and try and lose my weight to get back to where I sat healthily on 75kg.

I’d love to be friends with likewise people wanting to live healthier lifestyles.
Love to hear some tips and success stories!!

Hi Millsy95,

I have also just started taking Duromine 30g, I'm on my second day.

Interestingly I'm not experiencing any serious side effects yet apart from bit a bit sweatier than usual. I'm drinking a of water and go for a 5km run walk three times a week. The reason i went on the this pill is because i started this run walk three times a week two months ago and noticed that despite the low calorie diet i still gain wait.

I would also like to connect with people that are looking to live a healthier lifestyle and support each other along the journey. I need to loose 10kg in two months before my wedding however, I'm realistic about the weight loss and will happy any any positive results rather than the opposite.

Please drink lost of water, minimum of 2 liters a day. this coming from someone new on the journey and hopefully others will advice with more wisdom and experience.