• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi there

I started Duromine 15mg yesterday. I was advised to take 15mg for two days and if I didn’t have issues sleeping then I am permitted to increase the dosage to 30mg daily.
I am 54, 169cm and 94kg. The highest weight I’ve ever been. I’ve had two children. Ten pound babies and was weighing 84 at most with my pregnancies.
i was advise to take thyroxine medication to enhance a needling treatment years ago and have never come of it. There is thyroid issues in my family. Under active thyroid.
I’ve tried numerous treatments and diets. Oberon ball - 400g weight loss over 12 weeks. It was horrible, expensive and a waste of time.
I’ve done Wesley weight loss program. It was good initially but I plateaued and gained more weight loosing momentum. Add stress and I was right back where I was. I tried SlimFit - it was great, and I liked the diet but enter stress.
Stress plays a big part in my weight loss success.
I’ve had significant loss. I lost my grandmother, then my dog, my son was diagnosed with special needs, my mother was diagnosed with cancer, I build a block of units and then my dad died. All within six months. The wheels fell off.
I am an emotional eater.
it was interesting on the first day. I want hungry but I was looking for food for the heck of it.
I didn’t really sleep. I love my sleep. I would say I had maybe 2 hours total. I’m going to use a sleep app to monitor this. The insomnia scares me a little.
but I will take my second tablet now and Persist as I’m really counting on this working. I want to feel my self again. I’m starting to have associated issues with obesity. Plantar fasciitis, borderline Diabetes and I’m very unhappy with how I look. I can’t get past it.
wish me luck. I feel this is going to work. There may be a hurdle or two. I’m counting on it. Praying. I would love any encouragement especially around the insomnia. Tips ?
I thought I’d take the tablet one hour earlier and see if that helps with herbal tea for sleep at night and a dark room.

LynM said:
Hi there

I started Duromine 15mg yesterday. I was advised to take 15mg for two days and if I didn’t have issues sleeping then I am permitted to increase the dosage to 30mg daily.
I am 54, 169cm and 94kg. The highest weight I’ve ever been. I’ve had two children. Ten pound babies and was weighing 84 at most with my pregnancies.
i was advise to take thyroxine medication to enhance a needling treatment years ago and have never come of it. There is thyroid issues in my family. Under active thyroid.
I’ve tried numerous treatments and diets. Oberon ball - 400g weight loss over 12 weeks. It was horrible, expensive and a waste of time.
I’ve done Wesley weight loss program. It was good initially but I plateaued and gained more weight loosing momentum. Add stress and I was right back where I was. I tried SlimFit - it was great, and I liked the diet but enter stress.
Stress plays a big part in my weight loss success.
I’ve had significant loss. I lost my grandmother, then my dog, my son was diagnosed with special needs, my mother was diagnosed with cancer, I build a block of units and then my dad died. All within six months. The wheels fell off.
I am an emotional eater.
it was interesting on the first day. I want hungry but I was looking for food for the heck of it.
I didn’t really sleep. I love my sleep. I would say I had maybe 2 hours total. I’m going to use a sleep app to monitor this. The insomnia scares me a little.
but I will take my second tablet now and Persist as I’m really counting on this working. I want to feel my self again. I’m starting to have associated issues with obesity. Plantar fasciitis, borderline Diabetes and I’m very unhappy with how I look. I can’t get past it.
wish me luck. I feel this is going to work. There may be a hurdle or two. I’m counting on it. Praying. I would love any encouragement especially around the insomnia. Tips ?
I thought I’d take the tablet one hour earlier and see if that helps with herbal tea for sleep at night and a dark room.
Hi LynM,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Indeed, you passed through a lot of things and I must say, you are a very strong person after all!
IMO, emotional eating is the key here. But don't worry, almost all of us were there and you CAN get out of it! ;)

You may have insomnia during the first weeks on Duromine. It's absolutely fine. I had the same problem too.
Herbal tea and the dark room can do wonders. I also enjoyed relaxing music and sleep stories from Calm.com :innocent:

I wish you a very successful weight loss journey :heart:
BTW, how do you feel today?

Hello, new here, I just started duromine yesterday. This is day two. Day one I experienced a bad headache. I wasn’t sure if the headache was from a 2hr bush walk I did which didn’t help as I’m trying to improve fitness or from my body adjusting to the medication. Once I got home I didn’t move off the lounge all afternoon due to the headache and feeling nauseous as I had only eaten Cereal for breakfast due to not being hungry once I got home. Went to bed at 7:30pm and I swear I was up all night. May of had little micro sleeps here but felt was awake most of the night I noticed a dry mouth but nothing concerning only that I noticed it. I didn’t think I’d experience the sleeping issue on the first night. So I hope it won’t last got a long way to go.

I’m on day two of duromine. Last night I hardly slept and have dry mouth so I’m drinking a lot more water. Im hoping my
Body gets used to duromine because I need my sleep. I have BLACKMORES SLEEP SOUND FORMULA tablets I used to take ages ago when I was stressed at work and couldn’t sleep. Am I okay to take those to help me get some sleep? And if I experience headaches am I okay to take Panadol? I had a huge headache on day one in the afternoon after a huge bush walk so wasn’t sure if it was a mix of duromine, dehydration and walking. Day two no issues and already experiencing no hunger! Woo

Reactions: Anne_R
alycereyn said:
I’m on day two of duromine. Last night I hardly slept and have dry mouth so I’m drinking a lot more water. Im hoping my
Body gets used to duromine because I need my sleep. I have BLACKMORES SLEEP SOUND FORMULA tablets I used to take ages ago when I was stressed at work and couldn’t sleep. Am I okay to take those to help me get some sleep? And if I experience headaches am I okay to take Panadol? I had a huge headache on day one in the afternoon after a huge bush walk so wasn’t sure if it was a mix of duromine, dehydration and walking. Day two no issues and already experiencing no hunger! Woo
Water is the key. Please, try to drink at least 2 liters per day (3 liters is even better ;)).
If you feel ok on the second day, it means your body got used to the Duromine action. Stay active, drink water and try to eat 4-5 small portions of meals every single day. Your body will be happy:heart:

• Love
Reactions: Dre
Anne_R said:
Water is the key. Please, try to drink at least 2 liters per day (3 liters is even better ;)).
If you feel ok on the second day, it means your body got used to the Duromine action. Stay active, drink water and try to eat 4-5 small portions of meals every single day. Your body will be happy:heart:
I’ve been drinking a lot more water than I normally ever would always so thirsty but definitely trying to get to the 2L goal! It’s probably taken 5 days to get my sleeping back which is nice my binge eating has stopped (got so bad during lockdown) I’m eating less especially portion wise but probably only eating 2 meals a day..

thanks for your reply and for the tips helps alot!!

H
alycereyn said:
Hello, new here, I just started duromine yesterday. This is day two. Day one I experienced a bad headache. I wasn’t sure if the headache was from a 2hr bush walk I did which didn’t help as I’m trying to improve fitness or from my body adjusting to the medication. Once I got home I didn’t move off the lounge all afternoon due to the headache and feeling nauseous as I had only eaten Cereal for breakfast due to not being hungry once I got home. Went to bed at 7:30pm and I swear I was up all night. May of had little micro sleeps here but felt was awake most of the night I noticed a dry mouth but nothing concerning only that I noticed it. I didn’t think I’d experience the sleeping issue on the first night. So I hope it won’t last got a long way to go.
How are you feeling now you’re 2 weeks in? Hopefully your sleeping has improved. I’m on day 4 now, so happy to see others started around the same time as me. Excited to follow your progress!

Reactions: April
hellofitness said:
H

How are you feeling now you’re 2 weeks in? Hopefully your sleeping has improved. I’m on day 4 now, so happy to see others started around the same time as me. Excited to follow your progress!
Hi hellofitness,

How was your day 4? How do you feel on Duromine now?
Do you take 30 mg?

April said:
Hi hellofitness,

How was your day 4? How do you feel on Duromine now?
Do you take 30 mg?
Hi, yep I’m on 30mg. The main side effect I experienced was dry mouth but that isn’t as bad now on day 13! Lost 3kgs in the first week and nothing at all this week! But hopefully will have another loss next week :)

hellofitness said:
Hi, yep I’m on 30mg. The main side effect I experienced was dry mouth but that isn’t as bad now on day 13! Lost 3kgs in the first week and nothing at all this week! But hopefully will have another loss next week :)
Hi hellofitness,

Congratulations on your first results! :sun:
Do you follow a healthy eating plan?

April said:
Today is your first "Duromine" day. Your journey has just begun, and you are so excited! :sun:

• When to take your first capsule?
  • What adverse reactions may you experience?
  • What changes may happen to your body?
  • What to eat?
  • How much water to drink?
  • When does Duromine start working?
  • Oh, yay, so many questions, right?

You may feel a fantastic boost of energy. :bomb:But it's pretty standard if you don't feel anything today. It's only the first day of your weight loss journey. However, don't panic if you have insomnia, dry mouth, headache, or other pain. Your body starts working differently, and you can't know how it can react.
You will learn all this and much more in the "Duromine Day 1" thread.

Real Duromine users write these threads. These people have started their weight loss process like you did and faced different issues on Day one. You are not alone in this journey.
I took my first tablet today and am feeling a really strange happy feeling is that normal?

Hi Sam,

It may happen to some Duromine users. However, it's not a common effect :)
Make sure you take your pill early in the morning and drink 2-3 liters of water during the day.

I wish you have a fast and easy weight loss process! :sun:

Reactions: sam564 and Kate
Hi, i dint sleep at night, even with sleeping pills, so i decided to drink my duromine at 22:00 when i go to bed. 13Night is sleep very well without sleeping pills, i did not loose any weight, is it because i dring duromine at bedtime?

chantelle.vorster1mm said:
Hi, i dint sleep at night, even with sleeping pills, so i decided to drink my duromine at 22:00 when i go to bed. 13Night is sleep very well without sleeping pills, i did not loose any weight, is it because i dring duromine at bedtime?
What day are you on now? Do you feel the appetite suppressant effect?

April said:
What day are you on now? Do you feel the appetite suppressant effect?
Hi, i feel good. I sleep good, even my mood is better, i dont eat the whole day, and no sweets or anything, because i dont feel hungry all the time. I also drink 2l water per day, im just afraid the duromine dont work, because, i drink it, get in bed and sleep for 8hours, is it posible? Im on day 13

Hi, i feel good. I sleep good, even my mood is better, i dont eat the whole day, and no sweets or anything, because i dont feel hungry all the time. I also drink 2l water per day, im just afraid the duromine dont work, because, i drink it, get in bed and sleep for 8hours, is it posible? Im on day 13
Sometimes people don't lose weight on Duromine if they have sleep problems.
Insomnia slows down the metabolism and one can hit the plateau if he or she doesn't sleep enough.

Give your body some time to adjust to the changes.

If nothing changes, you might need a higher Duromine dose. Are you on 30 mg now?

Anne_R said:
Sometimes people don't lose weight on Duromine if they have sleep problems.
Insomnia slows down the metabolism and one can hit the plateau if he or she doesn't sleep enough.

Give your body some time to adjust to the changes.

If nothing changes, you might need a higher Duromine dose. Are you on 30 mg now?
Hi, im on 15mg, i just to only sleep 2hours after a took a sleeping pill, from the first night i started to drink duromine at bedtime, i sleep throug the night, with out a sleeping pill, will the fact that i drink the duromine at bedtime influens my weight loss?

Hi, im on 15mg, i just to only sleep 2hours after a took a sleeping pill, from the first night i started to drink duromine at bedtime, i sleep throug the night, with out a sleeping pill, will the fact that i drink the duromine at bedtime influens my weight loss?
No, it shouldn't affect your weight loss.
You tell that you don't eat during the day. This fact can slow down your metabolism.:confused: Try to eat 4-5 small portions of food per day.

April said:
No, it shouldn't affect your weight loss.
You tell that you don't eat during the day. This fact can slow down your metabolism.:confused: Try to eat 4-5 small portions of food per day.
Good day, i drink the duromine at 22:00 go to bed and sleep through the night, at 6:30 i wake up. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know duromine keep people awake, and i tried it at night time, and i started to sleep through the night with no problem, i am not sure if the reason what i dont lose weight is because i drink just before bedtime, i dont feel hungry during the day, i eat less than usual, but the weight dont drop.

Good day, i drink the duromine at 22:00 go to bed and sleep through the night, at 6:30 i wake up. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know duromine keep people awake, and i tried it at night time, and i started to sleep through the night with no problem, i am not sure if the reason what i dont lose weight is because i drink just before bedtime, i dont feel hungry during the day, i eat less than usual, but the weight dont drop.
There can be multiple reasons why you don't lose weight on Duromine now. It can be caused by the quality of the pills, your individual health condition, the food you eat, etc.

BTW, did you read this thread?