• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hey @Emma 78 and @Shep96 - how are you both travelling?

Its great that you have been able to be there for each other :)

@Shep96 how was your re-start? Any side effects?

Day 1. 38yrs old. 14 kg over ideal weight.
Decided to try to kick-start my weight loss after having 2 kids in 4 years. I used to be 58kg--running 10Ks--now I'm overweight, tired, working full time and taking care of my husband and 2 kids. Life has got in the way. I hoping to achieve quicker results to help motivate me more. My diet isn't too bad but my exercise is almost none (unless you count running after 2 little boys and pushing a pram to and from the grocery store).

Took my first pill at 6 AM. Now 8:30 AM and feeling energetic. Even thinking of taking the boys down for a swim since its a holiday where I live and we are all home from nursery and work.

Will try to hold off on first weigh in until Day 7.

Hi 2boysmama, I am completely in the same boat as you. i am also a mother of two boys. My first born is three years old and my second born is one year old. Between taking car of the kids and my husband i never have time for myself which makes concentrating on weight loss more challenging. Today is my second day on Duromine. My first day was challenging as i experienced some of the side effects.

I am hopeful that i will have a breakthrough.

Reactions: 2boysmama and Rava
@2boysmama - welcome to the forums!

Hope your day went well :). Did you have any insomnia last night?

No insomnia but restless sleep. Woke up a couple times throughout the night. The strangest thing is after the first night, I woke up with really sore leg muscles--like I'd been tensing them all night or something. This is now the end of Day 3 for me and legs are still quite sore.

Reactions: Rava
rhalu said:
Hi 2boysmama, I am completely in the same boat as you. i am also a mother of two boys. My first born is three years old and my second born is one year old. Between taking car of the kids and my husband i never have time for myself which makes concentrating on weight loss more challenging. Today is my second day on Duromine. My first day was challenging as i experienced some of the side effects.

I definitely enjoyed the burst of energy! Got some much done around the house, hosted a pool party and still felt energetic from 6:30am to 9pm. I did have some dry mouth and I felt very thirsty and sweaty. Other than that, not too bad. I've noticed decreased appetite but still felt the urge to eat a little something at lunch and dinner.

What side effects have you experienced?

2boysmama said:
No insomnia but restless sleep. Woke up a couple times throughout the night. The strangest thing is after the first night, I woke up with really sore leg muscles--like I'd been tensing them all night or something. This is now the end of Day 3 for me and legs are still quite sore.

@2boysmama - you wouldn't believe it but I woke up this morning feeling like my calf muscles had been cramping! They are quite sore and even tender to touch :eek:

I haven't done any type of strenuous work out since getting back 2 days ago from our trip, so I know its not muscle soreness from exercise. I am going to have an epsom salt bath tonight and see if that relieves the tightness. Oh and take my magnesium tablet - which I haven't done for over a week!

Reactions: Dre
Hello everyone, i am starting my fourth week on Duromine. what a roller-coaster ride this has been. i am down 7 kgs. i feel like the weight is coming off very slowly.

Reactions: Rava
Wow! @rhalu - that is an amazing result!!

You should be proud of yourself *hugs*. It took me 6 weeks to lose over 5kgs - so you are definitely winning :)

You need to look at it in a positive way and ask yourself "would you have lost 7kgs in a little over 3 weeks" prior to Duromine??

I know it's hard to compare results with others (sometimes I can become bloody envious of others results!) but you have to remember that we are all different, so it makes sense that Duromine will work differently on each and every person.

I hope you start a thread or blog up here so I can continue reading about your journey!

Hi everyone

I am 117kg and I'm already on a healthy eating plan. I'm power walking 20 - 30 minutes daily as well.

I'm taking Lisinopril 10mg to keep my BP at 120/80. Its been like that for almost 3 years now with no problems.

Can I use Duromine 30mg with Lisinopril 10mg? My doc says it will be fine but I'm scared of side effects. What can I expect?

I would really like to hear from people that have similar circumstances.

Thank you!

Reactions: Anais
TaniaDina81 said:
Hi everyone

I am 117kg and I'm already on a healthy eating plan. I'm power walking 20 - 30 minutes daily as well.

I'm taking Lisinopril 10mg to keep my BP at 120/80. Its been like that for almost 3 years now with no problems.

Can I use Duromine 30mg with Lisinopril 10mg? My doc says it will be fine but I'm scared of side effects. What can I expect?

Thank you!
Hi @TaniaDina81
The side effects may be different, nobody knows how your body will react to it. It may happen that you will not have any side effects at all.

Hello, dear @TaniaDina81 :sun:
Welcome to our Forum!
Your doctor knows better about your health conditions. But if you are afraid, I would recommend starting from the smaller dose - 15 mg. You can try it for a few days and listen to your body. By the way, we have many users here who have achieved great results at 15 mg. :heart_eyes:
If you feel any terrible side effects, you should contact your doctor or stop using it for a couple of days.
Usually, side effects are gone after the first week.
You can read the information about potential side effects here - https://nevergiveupteam.com/blog/duromine-side-effects/.
Please feel free to ask here if you have any other questions.
I wish you a successful weight loss journey, dear! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: April
TaniaDina81 said:
Hi everyone

Thank you!
Hi Tania,

I had high BP, but was not on any meds, so my GP suggested 15mg. They sat in my draw for months as I was terrified after reading all the stories.

One day I decided give it a go, and the first week was a little bit weird. I had a fuzzy brain and extremely dry mouth, the dry mouth never went away, but everything else was fine after a few days. I suggest you try the 15mg first.

I have to mention the fuzzy brain was mostly because I would forget to eat, and as soon I did it calmed down.

Work with your GP on this, go back and ask for a lower dose to start, you can always move up to the 30mg if you feel OK.

Best of Luck
Shelley

Reactions: StacyB
ShelleyBris said:
Hi Tania,

I had high BP, but was not on any meds, so my GP suggested 15mg. They sat in my draw for months as I was terrified after reading all the stories.

One day I decided give it a go, and the first week was a little bit weird. I had a fuzzy brain and extremely dry mouth, the dry mouth never went away, but everything else was fine after a few days. I suggest you try the 15mg first.

I have to mention the fuzzy brain was mostly because I would forget to eat, and as soon I did it calmed down.

Work with your GP on this, go back and ask for a lower dose to start, you can always move up to the 30mg if you feel OK.

Best of Luck
Shelley
@ShelleyBris totally agree with you :innocent:

Hello! I’m new, started on Deromine today. The dr put me on 15mg. We never discussed the mg. only when I got home and started resurfacing I saw you get much stronger msg. My quotations is this... anyone else go on 15mg? Seems like everyone is on 30 or 40. And have you had success? I am 36 years old with 20kgs to loose. I am following a good eating plan and exercising :)

Michy_O said:
Hello! I’m new, started on Deromine today. The dr put me on 15mg. We never discussed the mg. only when I got home and started resurfacing I saw you get much stronger msg. My quotations is this... anyone else go on 15mg? Seems like everyone is on 30 or 40. And have you had success? I am 36 years old with 20kgs to loose. I am following a good eating plan and exercising :)
Hello, dear @Michy_O! Welcome to our community. 15 mg is the smallest dose, but sometimes it works rather well. We all are different. You can start your journey with 15 mg and if you feel like it doesn't suppress your appetite, just ask your doctor to increase the dosage to 30 mg.
Your main goal is to eat healthily and stay physically active. I would recommend you eat 5-6 times a day but small portions. What is your current eating plan?

Michy_O said:
What is your BMI? What did your doctor say? I was on 15 mg at the beginning of my journey and all my second course. Maybe your doctor gave you a 15 mg prescription just for a kickstart and you can then lose on your own if you follow your diet.

Ashleigh7441 said:
What is your BMI? What did your doctor say? I was on 15 mg at the beginning of my journey and all my second course. Maybe your doctor gave you a 15 mg prescription just for a kickstart and you can then lose on your own if you follow your diet.
Hello! Did you stay on 15 or have you gone higher? It’s my first day and I’m happy so far in terms of hunger and cravings. He said if this doesn’t work for me the next step is an injection but didn’t give me the name: he didn’t say anything about going higher but I’m just going to do my best on this low one. My BMI is 32.4. I have 26kgs to loos untill my BMI is considered healthy!

Ashleigh7441 said:
I’ve change up my diet, I’m currently july cooking to freeze healthy meals. I have a 1 and 3 year old so lots of pasta and starch at night but I’m going to start eating different meals. I’m making chick pea and butter but soup. Green soup. I have green smoothies for breakfast, I’ve cut out dairy and sugar. I’ve started rebound exercise classes 3 times a week. If I can just stick to it and not snack I’m sure I’m on the right road! I know the pill is not a magic pill and I have to do the work I just felt I needed a bit of help with snacking. It’s hard with my small children to not snack.